Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Visiting Abraka - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visiting Abraka (4962 Views)

Accident Involving Keke And Bus Leaves 2 Abraka Market Traders Unconscious -pics / A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town / What Is The Best Way To Get US Visiting Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visiting Abraka by biolabee(m): 9:31pm On Apr 15, 2009
Please can anyone help with information on Abraka

nice hotel and contact details
nice spots to visit
Re: Visiting Abraka by Thadude(m): 3:49pm On Apr 16, 2009
River motel is one of landmark and modern hotel at Abraka. Its a popular hotel within. cost about N3,000 when i last visited in 2005. There is another directly opposite the police station that one was cheaper about N900 cant remember the name but a lower standard when compared to River motel. Another was being constructed by an Irish national ordained chief in Abraka. It would have been completed by now it was a fun place back then built like a team park. Apart from that there are many other hotels and rentable accomodation in Abraka, investors are taking advantage of the newly expanded campus to invest in realestate. So!, depending on the duration of your visit you might wanna look out for a self contained apartment(room, toilet/bathroom inclusive) range from 50k-120k per year, there are also furnished self contained rooms. Have a safe trip.
Re: Visiting Abraka by biolabee(m): 9:18pm On Apr 16, 2009
Thanks but im looking at something like 4 days
Do you the contacts of this river motel
Re: Visiting Abraka by Nobody: 1:31am On Apr 18, 2009
shun ur eyes well if you are going. guys in there are very rugged o.
Re: Visiting Abraka by biolabee(m): 10:31am On Apr 18, 2009
bigmodo:

bigmodo pls explain, rugged as in hustlers or obtainers?
Re: Visiting Abraka by Thadude(m): 11:31am On Apr 18, 2009
River motel is very popular ask anyone or take a bic and u re there. @bigmodo Abraka and warri are 2 different location. Delta people are generally hard core guys thts not to say foreigners get smacked down.
Re: Visiting Abraka by biolabee(m): 4:30pm On Apr 18, 2009
thanks tha dude u been there before?
Re: Visiting Abraka by OneNaija(m): 12:17am On Apr 19, 2009
You are guys are just saying thrash. @ bigmodo shun ur eyes well if you are going. guys in there are very rugged o.

You are very stupid.since I know you in this place you always talk shit without even thinking.Those Guy are very Rugged.What your job in the place or Country you located. Criminal or 419. stupid Idiot. My state is peaceful.

Waffi 4life
Re: Visiting Abraka by maddock(m): 4:43pm On Apr 20, 2009
@Poster

Dont mind what they are all saying, i graduated from the university there and the place could really be fun to visit. But please stay away from the river if you dont know how to swim except you are using the very shallow part under the watchful eyes of the guards. (A trip to Abraka is not complete without you visiting the river with a whole lot of exotic beaches hence my mentioning the river).
Popular hotel include the River resort motel and Turf club,dont know if there are newer ones because its been long i left there. As par husslers there, they really do not trouble visitors but its better you have someone to act as a guide.Its better to use the students there (that is if they are on session) than the natives.
If you are really interested in making this trip you can halla me,let me see if i can have any contact there to act as your guide, but mind you you can go there alone and have a nice time without any hassle from anybody (except you dont run after the girlfriends of the students).
Re: Visiting Abraka by maddock(m): 5:01pm On Apr 20, 2009
bigmodo:

Have you ever been to Abraka before, we should refrain from spreading false stories about things we have little or no knowledge about.

About places to visit, when i was a student we didnt really think much about visiting any of the spots apart from the beaches. We always look forward to the beaches on saturdays and sundays. Except you wanna go to Umutu to see the source of the great River Ethiope. The turf club used to host bigwigs because it has a polo club but i guess it would be very expensive for you and less fun, unless there is a competition going on.
Re: Visiting Abraka by Thadude(m): 7:30pm On Apr 20, 2009
Yeah i have been there once in my life time tht was in 2005, will visit there again when i return to naija cos' i have an ongoing project over there.
Re: Visiting Abraka by oncolor: 8:07pm On Apr 20, 2009
some pictures of abraka resorts

Re: Visiting Abraka by biolabee(m): 9:56pm On Apr 20, 2009
Thanks for the posts guy

maddock wil apreciate the details of the guy
how can i get this?
Re: Visiting Abraka by maddock(m): 8:48am On Apr 21, 2009
biolabee:

Thanks for the posts guy

maddock wil apreciate the details of the guy
how can i get this?

I dont understand what you mean? but if you are serious about making the trip you can send me a mail on bezingo@yahoo.com and we take it up from there. But like i said in my previous post YOU DONT REALLY NEED ANYBODY TO BE YOUR GUIDE if you dont want to,ok. The purpose of the guide is to make things a little bit easier for you.
Re: Visiting Abraka by maddock(m): 9:00am On Apr 21, 2009
@ oncolor

Nice pix u just brought out some wonderful memories of the Brasky, a weekend without visiting the beach is like a wasted one exam or no exams.
Re: Visiting Abraka by biolabee(m): 6:46pm On Apr 21, 2009
thanks guys really appreciate
maddock waiting for ur email
Re: Visiting Abraka by biolabee(m): 3:25pm On May 04, 2009
Abraka is a nice little place. I stayed at Mudi Beach Hotel adjoining the Ethiope River
But I think they can include a dance bar so as to make it all in

The nearest club was in Eku, about 20 mins out and transportation is a bit difficult as I could not get cabs and bikes stay in after 7 pm

Find some pixes

[img]http://[/img]
[img]http://[/img]
[img][/img]

maddock thanks for the tips and for contributors who chipped in now and then thanks again

(1) (Reply)

Which Of These Countries Is Better, Pls Contribute / Gender Equality My Ass- Will You Enter A Plane Piloting By A Female? / UK To Introduce Points-based Immigration System To Be Brought In By End of 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.