Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Sorry State Of Emergency Health Services In Lagos. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sorry State Of Emergency Health Services In Lagos. (516 Views)

Doctors Declare State Of Emergency At The University Of Benin Teaching Hospital / FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians / The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sorry State Of Emergency Health Services In Lagos. by ranson(m): 6:27pm On Sep 23, 2015
Today, I took a hopeless tour around Lagos seeking emergency healthcare in the public hospitals for my younger sibling. My younger brother was experiencing a serious bleeding resulting from protruding pile (haemaroid) he had kept to himself all these while. We took him to Ifako-Ijaiye General hospital. After long waiting, he was placed on emergency list but no capable hands to attend to him, we were referred to LASUTH Emergency Unit. At LASUTH, we were told there was no bedspace, then, we were referred to LUTH. LUTH's case was the worse, patients' medical records were being captured in the open ground in front of the emergency unit haphazardly. Then the same story of no bedspace surfaced again. We were adviced to use the spillover private bedspace. To my surprise, people were standing at the private unit with their money, yet no space. I went back to the doctor, he was confused, he could not tell me to go (whereelse after LUTH since the case requires expert's attention, patients could bleed to death if not well attended to), he could not tell us to wait because no hope of securing a space soon and he could not attend to him without a bedspace allocated. We left hopelessly heading for a private hospital where we are not even sure of adequate service but bedspace and attention. Well, God help us...
Re: Sorry State Of Emergency Health Services In Lagos. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 23, 2015
So have you found a place for him now?!

(1) (Reply)

A Cure For Hiv Through The Hiv Dna Deleting Enzyme Therapy / Mantoux Test In Abuja For Recruitment / Infertility Symptoms & Causes,diagnosis, Treatment, Management & Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.