Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Application Development - Joint Venture - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Application Development - Joint Venture (1348 Views)

Best PHP Framework For Application Development? / Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins / Vb 6.0/vb .NET & Intranet/internet Application Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Application Development - Joint Venture by simpledee(m): 10:46am On Oct 07, 2006
I am a web application/desktop application developer. I use tools such as JAVA, DELPHI & PHP with backends like MYSQL & ORACLE

My scope cover areas like business application design, application framework design and business automation. These are salient areas for all organizations who appreciate the value of data-driven mechanism and dynamism. Prospects abound all around Nigeria in Financial Institutions, Travel Agencies, Schools, Airlines etc as only a few big companies handle all data-related application development; if only the opportunity can be seized.

Getting clients to develop for require a lot of liason and marketing and I run a schedule too tight to allow for this.

What I want, is companies or individuals who could handle the marketing angle while I handle the technical aspect, and we will be in good mutual business soon; who knows we might be talking about the next software company in Nigeria.

Anyone out there interested? Please visit my site: http://www.sditservices.net for more details about me or send me a mail at soldipitservices@yahoo.co.uk.

I'll be expecting!

Best Regards,

Oladipupo
Re: Application Development - Joint Venture by dag(m): 4:11pm On Oct 07, 2006
hello ladipo im a developer as well i use the word devloper there cause im trying to be technology specific, im more of a windows application developer rich/smart client, i use microsoft tools exclusively and well versed in ADO.NET, SQL Server, relational database design, data modelling, OOP, and Enterprise Solution Architecture, i fluently leverage my said skills to ASP.NET, but frankly when it gets beyond implementing a thin client interface to my backend for scalabilty and availabilty reasons i dont get too passionate about web design. My basic development platform is .Net and my dev lang is vb.net.
Im an advocate of the buisness of software and strongly beleive in the profitability inherent, from my research its all about the skill, then the inovation, and yes the marketing and the break through follows. Ive a couple of persuasive sales persons who can operate humbly under good directions, and me i earnestly seek an expertise partner so we could collaborate and put down solution architectures for the nigerian enterprise.
my name is Dagogo and i live in port harcourt you could contact me via mail at :tolofaridagogo@yahoo.com.
Re: Application Development - Joint Venture by sbucareer(f): 4:14am On Oct 08, 2006

If you can provide me with some potfolio of some desktop/client server application you have done in the past. Also could you tell me how you gathered your requirement specification and how you translated them it into systems.

Finally, if you can provide this business requirement, you can come and work for me. I need someone with strong .NET technologies, particularly .dll, .COM and Active-x, OLE and DDE. Starting salary £24K

My marketing director is in Nigeria as I type acquiring/procuring contracts from banks, financial firm, insurance, school, university, police and the medical department. By next year the company would be very busy.

Warning
I am not advertising for vacancies, I thought as you have strong VB and .NET skill and looking to merging with someone already in the business sector. If you prove yourself for six months, I can make you Vice President, .NET Engineering.

We have just started the company three months ago. Here is how the management Group is

1. Prof Justin Ubakamma, Chairman of the Executive Committee and Chief Executive Officer
2. Mr Valentine Obih, Co-Founder & President, Products
3. Dr Tajudeen Atintola, Co-Founder & President, Technology
4 Ms Ijeoma Udeaku, Senior Vice President, Business Operations
5. Mr Valentine Obih, Senior Vice President, .NET & J2EE - I will loose this post when we get someone good

We are still forming the senior management group. At the moment we only have three programmers. All are Java and J2EE wizards. We have registered a name but still waiting to hear from DTI (Dept of Trade and Industry). So I cannot give you this info.

So if you are interested send me you strong potfolio, particularly .NET. I will meet with the senior management and we will send you an invitation letter to apply for a visa.

@simpledee, send me your potfolio [email=valentine.obih@gmail.com?subject=.NET Potfoloio]email[/email]
Re: Application Development - Joint Venture by qleyo(f): 9:45pm On Oct 08, 2006
sbu £24k in Nigeria is too high, the salary should relate to cost of living (tax, expenses, transport in Nigeria are a lot lower). Especially when my friend working for Faber Maunsell is on that same salary.
Re: Application Development - Joint Venture by sbucareer(f): 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2006

Qleyo, he would work and live in the UK. Accommodation is not provided
Re: Application Development - Joint Venture by dejisys(m): 11:19am On Oct 10, 2006
Am VB6, VB.NET, C#, COM ACTIVEX, XML, WEBSERVICES, XHTML, SQL SERVER, AJAX DEVELOPER. I think I ought to rewrite my resume, to reflect my current skills. I have done jobs for Chevron Nigeria (2006), MTN(2005-2006), SA INSURANCE (2004,2005), STB GHANA bla bla bla

Personally, I think E24k is rather small. I work in Nigeria and I must tell you the offer is NOT attractive at all.
Re: Application Development - Joint Venture by dag(m): 8:00pm On Oct 12, 2006
hi ladipo sorry for my delayed response, i saw ur post and i would rather say the technology your looking at are now obsolete, com and active-x are things that are implented diferently on the .net frame work now.
the .net frame work hosts a whole lote of classes and leverages that to the average .net user to provide robust code, even the calling of windows API is against best pactrice (Microsoft patterns and practices Nov 2003), although pInvoke still does the trick.

ive recently completed an inventory management system for Nigeria Agip Oil company, first with a departmental stores manager version and an enterprise wide order management system with thin client interfaces across the company intranet. i have a couple of solutions in my portfolio, and about how i transform buisness processes into a conceptual model and then physical model and develop a software system comprised of a back end server and usable robust interfaces, i guess we should leave that for an interview date.
Re: Application Development - Joint Venture by qleyo(f): 11:21pm On Oct 12, 2006
Oh ok. Phew.

(1) (Reply)

Become A Computer Programmer / | Call Of The Dragon | - Full Game / I Forget My System Password:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.