Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! (23124 Views)

Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / 10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by zico70: 12:57pm On Jan 18, 2016
winetapper:
what are you coming to do?

Just for vacation oooo
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by omega25red(m): 1:03pm On Jan 18, 2016
When i still had my green pali

Poe: costa rica

Io: passport pls
Me/gf: here you go
Io: why are you here
Me: vacation
Io: where will you be staying
Me: gave him the print out of the hotel booking we had
Io: how many days will you be staying?
Me: 4 days 5 nights
Io: welcome to costa rica

Mind you i didnt realize just 2 weeks before that i needed a visa to enter their country as a green card holder and i had booked the trip for us already. The visa was easy to get though but they searchec me tire because of that green pali

5 Likes

Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by winetapper: 1:18pm On Jan 18, 2016
zico70:

Just for vacation oooo
tongue next time use road safest from south Africa to Mozambique and you enjoy yourself in Maputo

Enjoy
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by edwife(f): 9:46pm On Jan 18, 2016
Phema:

All this wahala just to visit Mozambique?? undecided

See where i had to come and dig you out? sad

It's 2016 woman,please when is my DIL coming? They should not have too much age gap na,please hurry. kiss
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by donciccio: 11:10pm On Jan 18, 2016
poshstore:
Nice one,but what wld u have said if he had asked u to show him the cash?

I would've gawk or give him my atm card cos I got money in my account.
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by Nobody: 6:01am On Jan 19, 2016
edwife:

See where i had to come and dig you out? sad

It's 2016 woman,please when is my DIL coming? They should not have too much age gap na,please hurry. kiss

Lol. You know how these princesses like to take their time, just until dad and mum can afford to build them a castle. grin

How are you and yours? Thanks for checking on me sis. kiss
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by edwife(f): 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2016
Phema:

Lol. You know how these princesses like to take their time, just until dad and mum can afford to build them a castle. grin

How are you and yours? Thanks for checking on me sis. kiss

Oh dear,winter,Exams and work........ embarassed but i am hanging in there. Overall we great! Hope my munchkin is growing cuter.

Phema don't be selfish,you guys are not the only one waiting for her-we are working hard here too.... angry.

Please just plan it this year biko kiss kiss kiss
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by awe2015(f): 7:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
this thread has been so dry!!! Abeg people post una transcripts biko!!!
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by valeroso: 11:12pm On Aug 19, 2016
dickoflife:
Vnukovo airport Russia.

IO: Priviet, daite mne passport.
Me: mo gbe aiye me baje. Who send me come where dem no dey speak english so?

IO: ***** giberrish****
Me: broderly please I only speak English o.

In walks another officer who eyes me like a crab looking at prey and asks, 'where you from?'
Nigeria I reply. He collects documents and leaves me. He returns in 15 minutes and gives then back to me as if we fight before and tells me 'GO'. Kai I pick race like say demon dey pursue me.

Lmao.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by Swith(m): 7:39am On Nov 13, 2016
This is an interesting thread. Infact it should be on the front page so people can learn. Nairalanders please alaways post your experience. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by Teeboy22(m): 9:21am On Nov 13, 2016
Swith:
This is an interesting thread. Infact it should be on the front page so people can learn. Nairalanders please alaways post your experience. Thank you.

Yes oo my brother.... You can as well share yours cool

1 Like

Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 16, 2016
I wasn't asked anything at JFK Airport..I only typed my details digitally as requested.

I had a very non-forgettable terrible experience at Rome though....carry all your documents for peace sake abeg. Nigerians do not have a good reputation abroad. It's just terrible. Istanbul wasn't bad . Same with Oslo , Singapore and other African countries I have visited.

I dealt with the immigration guys at Monrovia though, they asked foolish questions. Can't believe I have to go through stress to enter an African country. It's simply ridiculous
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by Swith(m): 9:59pm On Nov 16, 2016
Ariel20:
I wasn't asked anything at JFK Airport..I only typed my details digitally as requested.

I had a very non-forgettable terrible experience at Rome though....carry all your documents for peace sake abeg. Nigerians do not have a good reputation abroad. It's just terrible. Istanbul wasn't bad . Same with Oslo , Singapore and other African countries I have visited.

I dealt with the immigration guys at Monrovia though, they asked foolish questions. Can't believe I have to go through stress to enter an African country. It's simply ridiculous
. Lol as a sharp naija guy. Pls can you share some of the questions you are been asked and again do you know the BTA. Basic travel allowance for south africa. I heard that one might be asked. I wil be leaving for S.A by the end of this month. I just need to know.
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by awe2015(f): 11:49am On Jul 03, 2017
Ariel20:

Yes please share
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 03, 2017
Swith:
. Lol as a sharp naija guy. Pls can you share some of the questions you are been asked and again do you know the BTA. Basic travel allowance for south africa. I heard that one might be asked. I wil be leaving for S.A by the end of this month. I just need to know.

So sorry..I'm just seeing this.. Are you in South Africa?
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by Sinclair55: 7:37am On Oct 10, 2017
I got a tourist visa 10months ago to the US for a wedding. I couldn't make it due to work pressure. Now am going for a vacation. Please advice me what to do and likely questions to expect at POE. Thanks
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by awe2015(f): 9:00pm On Dec 09, 2017
Sinclair55:
I got a tourist visa 10months ago to the US for a wedding. I couldn't make it due to work pressure. Now am going for a vacation. Please advice me what to do and likely questions to expect at POE. Thanks

Sorry for responding late...You can always navigate to the Visa thread for help!
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by blaquedayo: 9:02am On Oct 01, 2018
My Transcript at POE: USA

Me: Directed to self Service Machine, Scans passport, Scans fingerprint, and answered questions and printed out a slip.

Me: Joins the queue

CBP Officer; Next, Let me have your slip (Handed Over), Scans and Where are you going to and purpose?

Me: xxxxx Place, and for xxxxxxxx

CBP Officer; Return Flight and Accommodation Booked?

Me: Yes, Pulled out my Itinerary to show him but he waves it that i shouldn't bother

CBP: you declared something, what is it

Me; I have two big tins of Milk in my checked in luggage.

CBP: Okay, Welcome to the United State of America, Enjoy your Stay and Stamps my passport.
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by abmart80: 10:26am On Oct 01, 2018
Please I need someone with Canada experience to contribute as I will be fly to Calgary early 2019..........
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by Akinsanyayemi2(m): 2:06pm On Oct 01, 2018
Pls I need someone in use to share his experience
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by Akinsanyayemi2(m): 2:07pm On Oct 01, 2018
Akinsanyayemi2:
Pls I need someone in use to share his experience
I mean UAE
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by Fitfam43: 4:33pm On Oct 25, 2019
Hello nairalanders I recently got a work permit to work in Namibia please does anyone have any idea about likely questions at the POE?? Thanks for your contributions in advance .�
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by awe2015(f): 12:44pm On Jun 03, 2021
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by prettynuly: 11:40pm On Jun 18, 2023
MarryMeee:

officer: can i have your passport please?
Me: sure
Officer: what is the purpose of your travel?
Me: studying MSc ***** at ***** University
(But i was really thinking to myself, this worwor boi no fit read ehn, issokay i forgive you)
Officer: how long is the programme?
Me: 2years ( but uncle how e consign you)
Officer: do you have any relations in the country?
Me: no i don't ( na your papa,fool!)
Officer: okay, enjoy your studies *after scanning and stamping the passport*
Me: thank you * collects the passport back*
..... What if you have brother?
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by donkarly(m): 4:10pm On Jul 01, 2023
I got in on the 29th..the guy use question finish me. Passport not stamped..
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by Fraih(f): 6:11pm On Jul 01, 2023
donkarly:
I got in on the 29th..the guy use question finish me. Passport not stamped..
What does it mean if passport not stamped?
Could you Pls share examples of questions asked?
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by awe2015(f): 5:58pm On Feb 24
passport not stamped probably means he didn't go through

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unbelievable Picture Of Kano City / Air Peace Promotes First Officer To Captain On Bombardier Aircraft 145 / Car Carrying 7 Passengers Veers Off The Road,lands Into River In Calabar(photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.