Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,076 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? (5210 Views)

Poll: Who's the best rapper in Naija presently?

Mode9: 15% (6 votes)
Saucekid: 2% (1 vote)
Naeto C: 5% (2 votes)
M.I: 68% (26 votes)
Ruggedman: 7% (3 votes)
Illbliss: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Eedris And Ruggedman Collabo. Koleyewon Lyrics / Mode 9 And Ruggedman / Freestyle(trybesmen) And Ruggedman(who Raps Better) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by spikytang(m): 2:32am On Apr 16, 2009
M.I's style has d World takin bout him, he has proven that he's not just 1 random rapper. He has taken d mode out of mode9 and the rugged out of ruggedman. What do u think? Lets thrash it.

MI is back with the enormous creativity, lyrical drive by’s, seduction, flirtation, verbal portrait painting and so much more. Illegal Music is a project that involves soundbites, rehashes of existing works by famous artistes all over the world. It’s an experimental album and MI is offering it as a free download (Not To Be Sold).
http://www.sturvs.com/Music/Download_MIrsquos_Illegal_Music_Mixtape_full_album/
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by tosinaded(m): 7:57am On Apr 16, 2009
I concur
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by dammiecool(m): 8:09am On Apr 16, 2009
Yes mode is missin na only f9 remain!!! tongue tongue tongue
Ruggedman is Naija greatest rapper of all time grin grin grin grin grin
M.I d hotest Naija Rapper wink wink wink wink wink
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by tosinaded(m): 9:11am On Apr 16, 2009
They shld both quit
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by tosinaded(m): 9:13am On Apr 16, 2009
They shld both quit
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by dammiecool(m): 9:18am On Apr 16, 2009
Rugged is already leavin but d fact is dat hes d greatest naija rapper cool cool cool cool
I only pity mode 9 he has wasted so many years n now hes no longer relevant grin grin grin
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by khanye(m): 10:38am On Apr 16, 2009
M.I is no where near M.9
I dont know about the headwarmer dude undecided
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by dammiecool(m): 11:25am On Apr 16, 2009
Modef9 is no where 2 match Ruggedy baba
I Love Ruggedman grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by audio: 2:59pm On Apr 16, 2009
MI's album is good, but for him to be considered the God of naija hiphop with that album, just one album, says very very little about Naija hiphop. It's by no means a classic and just shows that Naija doesn't have any real MC's.

Why should Mode9 and Rugged retire? Please. All these people on Payola here to start topics should relax. It's so boring. Are there no other MC's In Nigeria?

Tosinaded and Khanye, everyday Mode 9, MI, Mode 9, MI. Don't you have your finger to the pulse? Who is the next guy on the come up. Thats what i'm interested in and i'm sure a lot of people as well.
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by tosinaded(m): 3:06pm On Apr 16, 2009
Guy u must prob mistake me 4 dammie,java,deji or sum1 else!
U and who dey argue mode9 everyday? If na play stop am o!

and by d way m.i has an album and a mixtape!
If u dnt av d mixtape,go and get it!
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by dejiariyo: 3:34pm On Apr 16, 2009
another ignoramus post and some demented comments , when did coming out of artiste says another artiste career will be over, now cos we have artiste like souja boy, nas shud just retire, young juc, lil wayne shud retire.

only in nigeria will artiste who is clearing lifting and biting ryhmes will be highly celebrated as a legend, have u listened to [b]track 6 of his illegal album and jay z some people hate? [/b]listen to it and come back to reply my post, how can a biter be a lyricist, i am still wondering.

@tosin
if u want modenine and others to retire as u suggested, what do u think we be the future of nigerian hiphop,u want pple like 9ice to continue to win best hiphop album from africa?or do u think artiste making [b]noise about african american album for 2 year[/b]s can be the future of nigerian hiphop?i dont think so nigeria hiphop scene is too young for yu little brain to be calling for artiste retiring.

i like mi and some other cats but i think we shud be very careful of whatever will wish for them all, i know nigerians are like prostitute they go for who ever is raining same thing they were all saying when naeto c came out, so am not to suprised,most of yall knowledge of hiphop is to shallow, u just think hiphop is an act which is not, its a culture , rapping is just an element of it.
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by asha80(m): 3:46pm On Apr 16, 2009
dejiariyo:

another ignoramus post and some demented comments , when did coming out of artiste says another artiste career will be over, now cos we have artiste like souja boy, nas shud just retire, young juc, lil wayne shud retire.

only in nigeria will artiste who is clearing lifting and biting ryhmes will be highly celebrated as a legend, have u listened to track 6 of his illegal album and jay z some people hate? [/b]listen to it and come back to reply my post, how can a biter be a lyricist, i am still wondering.

@tosin
if u want modenine and others to retire as u suggested, what do u think we be the future of nigerian hiphop,u want pple like 9ice to continue to win best hiphop album from africa?or do u think artiste making [b]noise about african american album for 2 year[/b]s can be the future of nigerian hiphop?i dont think so nigeria hiphop scene is too young for yu little brain to be calling for artiste retiring.

[b]i like mi and some other cats but i think we shud be very careful of whatever will wish for them all, i know nigerians are like prostitute they go for who ever is raining same thing they were all saying when naeto c came out,
so am not to suprised,most of yall knowledge of hiphop is to shallow, u just think hiphop is an act which is not, its a culture , rapping is just an element of it.

That is the problem with most nigerians.Always going for the reigning thing.
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by tosinaded(m): 3:56pm On Apr 16, 2009
Deji abeg light no dey! Wuts d title of d track 6
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by rapjunkie(m): 3:58pm On Apr 16, 2009
dejiariyo:

only in nigeria will artiste who is clearing lifting and biting ryhmes will be highly celebrated as a legend, have u listened to [b]track 6 of his illegal album and jay z some people hate? [/b]listen to it and come back to reply my post, how can a biter be a lyricist, i am still wondering.

@tosin

i like mi and some other cats but i think we shud be very careful of whatever will wish for them all, i know nigerians are like prostitute they go for who ever is raining same thing they were all saying when naeto c came out, so am not to suprised,most of yall knowledge of hiphop is to shallow, u just think hiphop is an act which is not, its a culture , rapping is just an element of it.

I've got to agree with dejiariyo on this one, apart from the swipe at Sauce Kid and Tosinaded

MI's hype machine has spammed the whole internet into making us believe he is the best rapper in Nigeria and probably the whole world/universe/ galaxy/ milky way.

Funny, i was talking to my cuz in Nigeria and she never even heard of him. Her question was 'what track of his is popular at the moment?' . . . . .errrr, there is no answer to that because none of his tracks are popular on the street.

On TV, he only has that badly produced and directed 'crowd mentality' video and a few guest appearances that are not particularly good. The knighthouse one and the one with DIPP.  

MI's  been out for 5 minutes with no hit records and he is better than everybody else because he can string a couple of sentences together . . . . like ' MI's too ill  like sickness an STD like syphilis' . . . . . Na wa o!!!

The illegal mixtape is garbage and i am surprised that he would  release it so soon after his album dropped. Surely, it should have been the other way round!

I've raised the issue of M.I being a biter several times in posts on NL but the MI hype machine remains silent on that.  Now he wear suits like Naeto C  and thinks he is Kanye West . . . . .Only God will save us!!!!
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by tosinaded(m): 4:04pm On Apr 16, 2009
Lmfao!
Illegal music is gabbage?
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by audio: 4:08pm On Apr 16, 2009
rapjunkie:

I've got to agree with dejiariyo on this one, apart from the swipe at Sauce Kid and Tosinaded

MI's hype machine has spammed the whole internet into making us believe he is the best rapper in Nigeria and probably the whole world/universe/ galaxy/ milky way.

Funny, i was talking to my cuz in Nigeria and she never even heard of him. Her question was 'what track of his is popular at the moment?' . . . . .errrr, there is no answer to that because none of his tracks are popular on the street.

On TV, he only has that badly produced and directed  'crowd mentality' video and a few guest appearances that are not particularly good. The knighthouse one and the one with DIPP.  

MI's  been out for 5 minutes with no hit records and he is better than everybody else because he can string a couple of sentences together . . . . like ' MI's too ill  like sickness an STD like syphilis' . . . . . Na wa o!!!

The illegal mixtape is garbage and i am surprised that he would  release it so soon after his album dropped. Surely, it should have been the other way round!

I've raised the issue of M.I being a biter several times in posts on NL but the MI hype machine remains silent on that.  Now he wear suits like Naeto C  and thinks he is Kanye West . . . . .Only God will save us!!!!

hahahahahahaha, that is too funny. RapJunkie you're on point. They will kill us with the MI hype machine. SauceKid is living on borrowed time though. If he had released his album already, all this won't be happening. One hit record since 2007 can't last forever.
MI should go and thank his investor and PR people for the work they've done so far. I have to admit, they almost had me singing his praises. But for me, the proof is in the pudding. As public enemy said "don't believe the hype"
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by tosinaded(m): 4:13pm On Apr 16, 2009
M.I is a breath of new air in d rap game! Take it or leave it.
And no1 can tell me d dude aint good compared to 90% of naija rappers,so wuts d fuss?
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by audio: 4:19pm On Apr 16, 2009
tosinaded@:

M.I is a breath of new air in d rap game! Take it or leave it.
And no1 can tell me d dude aint good compared to 90% of naija rappers,so wuts d fuss?

I kinda agree with your point here, but what i'm saying is, what does that say about Naija hiphop. MI's flow is not original. He bites other peoples lyrics and for me, has no swagger. But still, he's better than 90% of other rappers. At least That we know of. Doesn't that worry you?  By rights, we should have at least 20 top MC's fighting for the crown. In a country of 140 million, you're happy to go around saying MI is the best we've got. N**** please.
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by tosinaded(m): 4:20pm On Apr 16, 2009
Deji wuts wit u and african american?
Keep sauce out of ur posts esp wen the topic has notin to do with him!
Even mode0 has squashd all beefs wiv d dude!
Free d guy jare,his album wil drop wen it drops!
He's stil 24,had his first hit hit single b4 22yrs!
A mixtape at 22+
his album is dropping this year!
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by tosinaded(m): 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2009
Audio abeg an example of lyrics m.i has bitten!
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by dejiariyo: 5:17pm On Apr 16, 2009
@tosin

go and listen to jay z, some pple hate and track 6 of mi illegal album, i think its easy to get, listen very well
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by rapjunkie(m): 5:34pm On Apr 16, 2009
@Tosin

The mixtape is utter garbage. Please tell me your favourite song on the tape so i can listen and see whether I made a mistake

I have heard many rappers who are better or on par with MI but  don't have the financial backing/support  that MI obviously does.

The whole Str8 Butta crew, Blackboy down, K16, 5 mics, Dark Poet, Mr Rhed, Teeto, O.D, 4th republic e.t.c can all match MI but they haven't seen the level of investment/hype that MI has.

I don't mind MI, if I want to listen to non threatening,  easy listening, weak, girlie rap but to say he is the best in Naija is silly.
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by phantom(m): 6:52pm On Apr 16, 2009
Mi good o!But not anywhere near the best for now, Mode nizzy!
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by panalyst(m): 6:58pm On Apr 16, 2009
dejiariyo:

@tosin

go and listen to jay z, some pple hate and track 6 of mi illegal album, i think its easy to get, listen very well

I have to disagree with u. the lines u are talking about were just two lines from some people hate, and to quote MI

Same rappers wanna take a lyric from me
I GUESS ITS JUST THE PENALTY OF LEADERSHIP
I GUESS IM WHAT RAPPERS WANT TO BE AND SHIT

it was just those two lines he used and obviously if u see the line before that, u wud understand why he chose to quote jay-z on it,

Other rappers bite. two lines dotn make biting. hell Jay-z bites biggie does that make him less of a rapper? The whole first 5 lines of "give it to me" were biggie's rhymes, Kanye has bitten Jay. Cassidy has bitten Jay
Illegal music is exactly what it is ILLEGAL. the point of the mixtape is lifting people's beats to wrap over, So really if u dont like dude, jus say so but to be accusing him of something which is accepted in hip hop ( when its not even a whole paragraph) then theres a problem
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by tosinaded(m): 7:38pm On Apr 16, 2009
panalyst:

I have to disagree with u. the lines u are talking about were just two lines from some people hate, and to quote MI

Same rappers wanna take a lyric from me

it was just those two lines he used and obviously if u see the line before that, u wud understand why he chose to quote jay-z on it,

Other rappers bite. two lines dotn make biting. hell Jay-z bites biggie does that make him less of a rapper? The whole first 5 lines of "give it to me" were biggie's rhymes, Kanye has bitten Jay. Cassidy has bitten Jay
Illegal music is exactly what it is ILLEGAL. the point of the mixtape is lifting people's beats to wrap over, So really if u dont like dude, jus say so but to be accusing him of something which is accepted in hip hop ( when its not even a whole paragraph) then theres a problem

deji ure just a mode9 groupie!!!
no1 sounds good to u except mode9 angry
so M.I isnt the ish cos of those two line??

rapjunkie am waiting for urs also!!!!!!
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by panalyst(m): 7:45pm On Apr 16, 2009
tosinaded@:

deji ure just a mode9 groupie!!!
no1 sounds good to u except mode9 angry
so M.I isnt the ish cos of those two line??

rapjunkie am waiting for urs also!!!!!!

LOL. u see in the midst of the MI bashing, the lines following that were not even appreciated and that was pure genius

I guess im what rappers want to be and shit
I GUESS I ROCK THEIR BOATS ON SOME AALIYAH SHIT (REST HER SOUL)
NIGGAS RUN LIKE DIARRHOEA AND SHIT.

classic lines right there. lol
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by tosinaded(m): 7:46pm On Apr 16, 2009
rapjunkie:

@Tosin

The mixtape is utter garbage. Please tell me your favourite song on the tape so i can listen and see whether I made a mistake

gbono feli feli
drop it like its hot
cant tell me nothing
loopy ballers
choc boys
feeling good
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by tosinaded(m): 7:48pm On Apr 16, 2009
panalyst:

LOL. u see in the midst of the MI bashing, the lines following that were not even appreciated and that was pure genius

I guess im what rappers want to be and shit
NIGGAS RUN LIKE DIARRHOEA AND SHIT.

classic lines right there. lol

NIGGAS RUN LIKE DIARRHOEA AND SHIT

u dey mind them
been hooked on illegal music since i got it!!!!
mad stuff
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by tosinaded(m): 7:51pm On Apr 16, 2009
they obvously didnt see this from the song cool
always quick to disregard anything that aint mode9

Rappers talking smack, I eight (ate) limbs like an octopus
We historic black boys, so Barack~of~us"
and we dont giveS a damn (SADAM) so IRAQ of us

- M.I cant tell me nothing
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by rapjunkie(m): 8:44pm On Apr 16, 2009
tosinaded@:

- M.I    cant tell me nothing

These lines are terrible. they make no sense. ' I eight( ate) limbs like an octopus'

'we historic black boys, so Barack of us'

and we don's giveS a damn ( Sadam) so iraq of us ?

Oh i get it, lets just rhyme words even though it makes no sense but sounds intelligent because its 'word play'

An Octopus has eight legs  . . . .  doh !!!

Iraq rhymes with Barack . . . ,  doh!

3 Questions :

1. what does ' i ate limbs' mean in the context of rappers talking smack?

2. what does ' Barack of us' mean?

3. whats does 'iraq of us' mean?

M.I ruined 'cant tell me nothing' by Kanye West. Its terrible! the only thing that saves him on the illegal mixtape album are the beats which he jacked anyway.

MI is not better than Mode9 or Ruggedman ( thy album come).
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by audio: 9:28pm On Apr 16, 2009
tosinaded@:

gbono feli feli
drop it like its hot
cant tell me nothing
loopy ballers
choc boys
feeling good

tosinaded@:

- M.I    cant tell me nothing

if you are impressed by these lines, consider them classic, then frankly, my opinion of your knowledge of the game has sunk really low. These lines don't mean anything. Even i can write a whole 8 bars of this stuff. Really, you try it. It doesn't take a genius. I'm now convinced that either you're on Payola or anything impresses you.
Re: M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? by tosinaded(m): 10:27pm On Apr 16, 2009
audio:

if you are impressed by these lines, consider them classic, then frankly, my opinion of your knowledge of the game has sunk really low. These lines don't mean anything. Even i can write a whole 8 bars of this stuff. Really, you try it. It doesn't take a genius. I'm now convinced that either you're on Payola or anything impresses you.

rapjunkie:

These lines are terrible. they make no sense. ' I eight( ate) limbs like an octopus'

'we historic black boys, so Barack of us'

and we don's giveS a damn ( Sadam) so iraq of us ?

Oh i get it, lets just rhyme words even though it makes no sense but sounds intelligent because its 'word play'

An Octopus has eight legs  . . . .  doh !!!

Iraq rhymes with Barack . . . ,  doh!

3 Questions :

1. what does ' i ate limbs' mean in the context of rappers talking smack?

2. what does ' Barack of us' mean?

3. whats does 'iraq of us' mean?

M.I ruined 'cant tell me nothing' by Kanye West. Its terrible! the only thing that saves him on the illegal mixtape album are the beats which he jacked anyway.

MI is not better than Mode9 or Ruggedman ( thy album come).

lmfao!!!!! u both are birds of a feather!!!!!!
lol u think pathetically alike!!! grin grin grin
cant biliv my eyes shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers / Kindly Review PRAISE By JAPP (a Nairalander) / DOWNLOAD: Skales Ft. Oritse Femi – jogodo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.