Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

So You Think You Can Act? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / So You Think You Can Act? (1376 Views)

Beautiful Pencil Drawing Of Mavin Act Johnny Drille By A Nairalander. / Do You Think You Can Design Something Better? Prizes To Be Won!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So You Think You Can Act? by Kanoro: 4:57am On Sep 24, 2015
I will be airing a recurring stopmotion series on YouTube based on pre-colonial African kingdoms, cultures, and mythologies. Unlike most African based animations out there, I won't be focusing on the typical "tribal" aspects. I will be focusing mainly on the powerful kingdoms, architecture, folklore and mythologies. The first episode takes place in a small rural village but the as the story progresses, more of the powerful kingdoms, armors, and weapons etc will begin to emerge. I want the animation to be convincing and imposing though so I'd like some dedicated actors to partake in this. I don't expect Hollywood quality but I do expect the acting to at least be passionate and convincing. For example, if there is a part where a character is yelling, I want to hear actual yelling from the actor. I will need acting for the following parts:

Kanoro (Main character): An 11 year old boy with a brave, stern, intelligent, and confident demeanor.
Udo (Kanoro's sister): An 8 year old girl with very wild and brazen behavior and little respect or fear of anyone except for her brother.
Sauda (Kanoro's neighbor): A 44 year old overweight and angry neighbor of Kanoro who constantly harasses Kanoro and Udo over the most trivial things. His motives and intentions are unknown.
Enzi (Kanoro's best friend): An 11 year old boy, one of Sauda's sons and the best friend of Kanoro. Though he is aware of how Kanoro and Udo are treated by his father and brother, he tries not to get involved and has a very kind heart.
Jelani (Sauda's eldest son): The 16 year old, tall and muscular brother of Enzi and similar to Sauda in that he constantly harasses and borderlines bullying Kanoro any time the opportunity presents itself.

I am unable to pay anyone at the moment but if this series kicks off, then it may be a possibility in the future. In order to audition, just simply go over the sample script below which is also accompanied by the matching video sequence of the acting. This is to ensure that the voice acting is well synced and good enough for the animation. I don't expect it to match perfectly with their lip movement but I do expect it to at least match the length. For example, if a character speaks for 5 seconds, I'd like the voice clip to be 5 seconds as well. Please also ensure that all voice clips are free of static or background noise and that when you speak, you aren't blowing air directly into the microphone.

https://www.facebook.com/HuminBehaviorz/videos/vb.829390787115880/895136970541261/?type=3&theater

[b]Kanoro: *Huff puff huff* (Still breathing heavily while speaking) Haha I told you I would catch you. It is far too easy.
Udo: It does not seem like it was easy. It took you an awfully long time!
Kanoro: *Huff puff* ehh hmm… I was just being nice... that is all. (Reaches out a hand to help Udo to her feet)
Udo: (Promptly jumps to her feet on her own) Liar! Admit it, I was too fast for you! Ahahaha (Camera goes over to Kanoro with a flustered demeanor) Kanoro could not even catch a nine year old! Ahahaha!
Kanoro: (Runs over to Udo) Shhh quiet Udo. (Starts to walk away) We do not want to disturb anyone, no more playing for now. And you are only eight… not nine.
Udo: No! (Turns to Kanoro) I told you I’m not eight! I’m eight (Camera shows Kanoro with a dull look on his face) and a half! Why do we have to stop? Is it that hard for you `to catch me? Teehee! You are just making excuses.
Kanoro: (Starts to walk away unknowingly toward Sauda). It is not that at all, it is just that we need to do our chores before Mama wakes up. I do not want to get into trouble again-(Accidentally walks into Sauda’s belly without looking)[/b]

After this is done, simply email it to me at one of the links below and please be sure to like the Facebook page and subscribe to the Youtube channel as well. Thank you.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuminBehaviorz/
Email: HuminBehaviorz@gmail.com
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe8ECDU2IldN_rAAAXUvyUQ

Re: So You Think You Can Act? by Donald3d(m): 7:27am On Sep 24, 2015
Regarding the voice acting I sent an email about 2 weeks ago ,u didn't reply,do you have a number I can call ?
Re: So You Think You Can Act? by Kanoro: 8:49am On Sep 24, 2015
Donald3d:
Regarding the voice acting I sent an email about 2 weeks ago ,u didn't reply,do you have a number I can call ?

You told me you sent an email. It's not that I didn't reply, I simply never received an email from you. I think maybe you just typed it wrong. I've received emails from other users, but I have never gotten one from you. Just try again and make sure you type it correctly.
Re: So You Think You Can Act? by Donald3d(m): 9:43am On Sep 24, 2015
Kanoro:

You told me you sent an email. It's not that I didn't reply, I simply never received an email from you. I think maybe you just typed it wrong. I've received emails from other users, but I have never gotten one from you. Just try again and make sure you type it correctly.
Your email again please
Re: So You Think You Can Act? by Kanoro: 10:14am On Sep 24, 2015
Donald3d:
Your email again please

It's in the OP along with my YouTube and my Facebook page.
Re: So You Think You Can Act? by Kanoro: 1:01pm On Sep 28, 2015
I want to bump this post by saying I'm basically done with all of the filming and most of the editing. The only thing holding me back is the voice acting. So far I have only received voiceovers from one actor who did the part of Jelani. I've gotten a decent number of volunteers but none of them ever follow up or send me sample scripts and I'm not particularly sure why. Please do not volunteer if you're just gonna change your mind later. Even if you do change your mind, please at least have the courtesy of telling me. I still need dialogue for the remainder of my characters. Please send me voiceovers of the sample script if you are interested in acting. Thank you.
Re: So You Think You Can Act? by Kanoro: 2:52am On Sep 29, 2015
Update:

For those who have been emailing me and not getting any replies, I apologize. I have not been ignoring you, I simply failed to realize that some of your emails were going to my spam folder. To prevent this in the future, just try to avoid putting the Nairaland.com website name in the message. I have replied to those in my spam folder and again I apologize. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Opt In For Modelling? / 2 Weeks Free Design Class In Nsukka / Comic Magazine Printing Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.