Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

My Experience At The National Eid Praying Ground In Abuja - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / My Experience At The National Eid Praying Ground In Abuja (992 Views)

Bloodbath As Muslims In Oyo Fight Over Praying Ground In Igboora, Ibarapa East / Muslims Praying In Bayelsa Shut Down A Major Road, Cars Blocked (Photos) / Muslim Man Seen Praying In The Rain In Benin (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At The National Eid Praying Ground In Abuja by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 24, 2015
I'm currently at the Abuja Eid praying ground opposite the miltary cemetary along Abuja airport road and I'm surprise at the segregation in the praying arrangement. There's an iron barricade that separates the rich/vips from the general population.

The policeman just look at you and tell you to pass through the other gate. I've never seen or heard of this segregation in a mosque before, so I want to know if it's allowed in Islam for demarcation to be made between the poor and the rich. Does anyone has special reservation in the mosque ?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The National Eid Praying Ground In Abuja by Sissie(f): 7:39am On Sep 24, 2015
Their is no segregation in Islam. But that's the national praying ground. The president is probably praying there. hence the demarcation for security purpose.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The National Eid Praying Ground In Abuja by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 24, 2015
Sissie:
Their is no segregation in Islam. But that's the national praying ground. The president is probably praying there. hence the demarcation for security purpose.

It's not allowed but you are justifying it because the president is coming. The president is the president of Nigeria but mr Buhari at the mosque. He has no special place. Let's condemn this act because even the saudis don't do this.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The National Eid Praying Ground In Abuja by Sissie(f): 7:57am On Sep 24, 2015
Sarboy:

It's not allowed but you are justifying it because the president is coming. The president is the president of Nigeria but mr Buhari at the mosque. He has no special place. Let's condemn this act because even the saudis don't do this.

Well in a country with suicide bombers it's understandable, am not condemning it because iI don't have a problem with it, it's an open field, well Saudi is safe isn't it?

Eid was not prayed on that ground for sometime for security purposes. Besides you must have noticed the high number of security.

You are the one seeing it as rich and poor. Am sure their are rich people in the other side too.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The National Eid Praying Ground In Abuja by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 24, 2015
Sissie:

Well in a country with suicide bombers it's understandable, am not condemning it because iI don't have a problem with it, it's an open field, well Saudi is safe isn't it?

Eid was not prayed on that ground for sometime for security purposes. Besides you must have noticed the high number of security.

You are the one seeing it as rich and poor. Am sure their are rich people in the other side too.

That analysis would have been preferable if the rich stays behind while the poor occupies the front space. Well no need stressing the issue. Allah knows best.
Re: My Experience At The National Eid Praying Ground In Abuja by Sissie(f): 8:55am On Sep 24, 2015
Sarboy:

That analysis would have been preferable if the rich stays behind while the poor occupies the front space. Well no need stressing the issue. Allah knows best.

Like i said, I don't see it as rich and poor. But people in authority (president and his aids) and the others (includes the rich, poor and not so poor).

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The National Eid Praying Ground In Abuja by dejt4u(m): 9:31am On Sep 24, 2015
Same as reserving front rows for dignitaries in some mosques during jumat prayer.. This act shld be discouraged among muslim ummah.. Sitting shld be on 'first come first serve' basis..
Re: My Experience At The National Eid Praying Ground In Abuja by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 26, 2015
Hmm, like the other perao said it could be for security purpose and u know naigwrians no dey code once dey see famous pesin.
but still i think there shudnt be demarcation regardless of that fact. We all shud pra side by side.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Orphan Emerges Best Graduating Doctor/ Student In IUA , Sudan / The Funniest Sahabi - Omar Suleiman - Quran Weekly / Permanently Banning Members From The ISLAM Section Is Now Allowed ? Sharia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.