Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Which Is The Correct Sentence? He Was Good On Bed Or He Was Good In Bed - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Which Is The Correct Sentence? He Was Good On Bed Or He Was Good In Bed (2183 Views)

Guys, The Bed Or The Kitchen? / Man Crushes Cobra Which Attacked Him In Bed With His Bare Hands (Photos) / Is Wizkid Good In Bed Or The Ladies Man? See Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Correct Sentence? He Was Good On Bed Or He Was Good In Bed by kday(m): 1:19pm On Sep 25, 2015
Which one would you use in a sentence?
Re: Which Is The Correct Sentence? He Was Good On Bed Or He Was Good In Bed by dacovajnr: 1:24pm On Sep 25, 2015
I would go for good in bed..if m wrong make one Efiko correct me..English no be my Mama tongue..so I cannot come and go and kill myself away undecided

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Correct Sentence? He Was Good On Bed Or He Was Good In Bed by babywhite(f): 1:25pm On Sep 25, 2015
I didn't dey in GNS class!!!
Re: Which Is The Correct Sentence? He Was Good On Bed Or He Was Good In Bed by ahnie: 1:28pm On Sep 25, 2015
Where z my brighter grammar book?
Re: Which Is The Correct Sentence? He Was Good On Bed Or He Was Good In Bed by Paulpaulpaul(m): 2:06pm On Sep 25, 2015
Good in bed

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Correct Sentence? He Was Good On Bed Or He Was Good In Bed by tpiander: 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2015
who are you observing?
Re: Which Is The Correct Sentence? He Was Good On Bed Or He Was Good In Bed by Sveen: 3:06pm On Sep 25, 2015
Using the term 'was' in this kinda statement is wrong. Therefore, the correct English is: He is good in bed.
Re: Which Is The Correct Sentence? He Was Good On Bed Or He Was Good In Bed by kday(m): 3:59pm On Sep 25, 2015
tpiander:
who are you observing?

Some Nairalanders no nin o. I have read a lot of comments here using -on bed.
Re: Which Is The Correct Sentence? He Was Good On Bed Or He Was Good In Bed by tpiander: 4:01pm On Sep 25, 2015
kday:

Some Nairalanders no nin o. I have read a lot of comments here using -on bed.

ok, it's not like you're talking about observing someone sleeping and waking up from his bed. undecided
Re: Which Is The Correct Sentence? He Was Good On Bed Or He Was Good In Bed by kday(m): 4:03pm On Sep 25, 2015
Sveen:
Using the term 'was' in this kinda statement is wrong. Therefore, the correct English is: He is good in bed.

In what context would you use-on bed?
Re: Which Is The Correct Sentence? He Was Good On Bed Or He Was Good In Bed by Sveen: 4:09pm On Sep 25, 2015
kday:

In what context would you use-on bed?
Like placing an inanimate object therein. E.g

I prepared your food and placed it on the bed while you were still in slumber.

The novel is on the bed.

But for animals, and humans, it is always in.
Re: Which Is The Correct Sentence? He Was Good On Bed Or He Was Good In Bed by Secrets11(m): 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
Bed is a solid object with a primary use for sleeping "ON". We don't sleep or do whatever inside a bed but rather "on" the bed. So I think it would be "good in the art of lovemaking" rather than say "good in bed" which is a coined phrase and has no place in English language...so just say..he is good in the art of lovemaking smiley

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Correct Sentence? He Was Good On Bed Or He Was Good In Bed by Sveen: 7:46pm On Sep 25, 2015
Secrets11:
Bed is a solid object with a primary use for sleeping "ON". We don't sleep or do whatever inside a bed but rather "on" the bed. So I think it would be "good in the art of lovemaking" rather than say "good in bed" which is a coined phrase and has no place in English language...so just say..he is good in the art of lovemaking smiley
Malapropism of fallaciloquence.

(1) (Reply)

Daughter Of Deputy Senate President Removes Bikini Photos From Instagram / How To Prepare An Easy Creamy Rice Pudding / I’ve Lost Everything Because Of My Leaked Nude Video – Widow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.