Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Important Precaution! Car Air-conditioning - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Important Precaution! Car Air-conditioning (3904 Views)

Customized Products For Nigerians---car Air Freshener / Customized Paper Car Air Freshener Designed For Nigerians / Nexus 134a And Nexus 12 Car Air Condition Refrigrants For Sale In Lagos Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Important Precaution! Car Air-conditioning by bigfather(m): 7:48pm On Apr 16, 2009
Don't know if this is true. But we really need to be careful.

[b]Please do not turn on A/C immediately as soon as you enter the car. Open the windows after you enter your car and turn ON the air-conditioning after a couple of minutes.

According to a research done, the car dashboard, sofa, air freshener emits Benzene, a Cancer causing toxin (carcinogen - take note of the heated plastic Smell in your car).

In addition to causing cancer, it poisons your bones, causes anemia, and reduces white blood cells.

Prolonged exposure will cause Leukemia, increasing the risk of cancer. May also cause miscarriage.

Acceptable Benzene level indoors is 50 mg per sq. ft, A car parked indoors with the windows closed will contain 400-800 mg of Benzene. If parked outdoors under the sun at a temperature above 60 degrees F, the Benzene level goes up to 2000-4000 mg, 40 times the acceptable level, & the people inside the car will inevitably inhale an excess amount of the toxins.

It is recommended that you open the windows and door to give time for the interior to air out before you enter.

Benzene is a toxin that affects your kidney and liver, and is very difficult for your body to expel this toxic stuff.[/b]
Re: Important Precaution! Car Air-conditioning by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 16, 2009
I've heard abot that too, it's the plastics the dash is made of.

Worse if you have a car with "faux" leather (vinyl).
Re: Important Precaution! Car Air-conditioning by Igwe9(m): 8:04pm On Apr 16, 2009
@ Bigfather,
I never knew you a medical doctor by profession. Even when you have little proof, it's worth adopting.
Thanks for your info
Re: Important Precaution! Car Air-conditioning by bigfather(m): 8:21pm On Apr 16, 2009
Igwe.:

@ Bigfather,
I never knew you a medical doctor by profession. Even when you have little proof, it's worth adopting.
Thanks for your info

E don tay naa. But na OBIOMA DOKITA sha o ! grin
Re: Important Precaution! Car Air-conditioning by viperman: 11:09pm On Apr 16, 2009
Good info, tanks.
Re: Important Precaution! Car Air-conditioning by subice(m): 3:33pm On Apr 17, 2009
I always like to research when I get mails like this, got the info in a mail today. Here are some sites that seem to support the information below:

http://rsh.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/121/1/38?PHPSESSID=118cf7e984824f120896bc06dc9db9a6

http://oregontoxics.org/pressroom/benzene_031208.pdf

Let's all take the little bit of extra care that could well make the difference in the future over time.
Re: Important Precaution! Car Air-conditioning by sultaan(m): 5:21pm On Apr 19, 2009
Here we go again, they just set up case for those class action suits again, person wy don dey smoke for 20yrs, will now claim the 30min a day they spend in the car caused their cancer, when the money they got for previous suit (cigarette) runs low.
Re: Important Precaution! Car Air-conditioning by bigfather(m): 7:51pm On Apr 21, 2009
sultaan:

Here we go again, they just set up case for those class action suits again, person wy don dey smoke for 20yrs, will now claim the 30min a day they spend in the car caused their cancer, when the money they got for previous suit (cigarette) runs low.

Na so ! grin
Re: Important Precaution! Car Air-conditioning by Mossman(m): 3:17pm On May 04, 2010
Re: Important Precaution! Car Air-conditioning by kaloka(m): 12:22am On May 05, 2010
@Mossman

Thanks for your post. I'm sure a lot of blood pressures would have dropped a couple of notches. However, it makes sense to take precautions and put the windows down for a minute or 2 upon entering a car on a hot day to let the sizzling air trap inside out. Aside from cooling the interior faster, I'm sure it will also help reduce the benzene level.

(1) (Reply)

Odometer Fraud Huge Problem From Canada To Nigeria Export / Very Clean Lagos Cleared Mazda Millenia (toks) For Sale / 2008 Model Volkswagen Touareg Used Super Clean Full Option.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.