Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

What Do We Really Want In An Online Payment Solution? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Do We Really Want In An Online Payment Solution? (1614 Views)

Paga Launches Payment Solution For Businesses / Best NG Online Payment Solution / Which Online Payment System To Choose For Our Website? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do We Really Want In An Online Payment Solution? by Afam(m): 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2006
Hello,

Can Nigerians list what they expect to see or use in an online payment solution where businesses in Nigeria will be the primary target?

I am asking this question because often times we are bombarded with advertising for one online payment solution or another but in terms of performance or affordability problems sometimes or most times (depends on who is evaluating) come up.

Could it be as simple as being able to fund an account, use same account to pay for good/services from mr A's website, have a completely transparent transaction details?

Are there specific features or functionailities that Nigerians really need to be able to transact business online cost effectively?

Just Web Services will develop from scratch an online payment gateway for use in Nigeria in the interim and proceed to develop an online market place similar in concept to ebay so that the average Nigerian can indeed sell his/her products or services on the web without necessarily owning a website.

Comments are welcome.
Re: What Do We Really Want In An Online Payment Solution? by ibkn(m): 5:54pm On Dec 18, 2006
mr afam u right.
on what basis are these payment solutions graded. shoulnt we have a standard board for these agencies
Re: What Do We Really Want In An Online Payment Solution? by my2cents(m): 6:43pm On Dec 18, 2006
if i were there, this is what I would like to see:

1) a solution that is secure

2) a solution that involves direct access to my account (fake - use of a virtual number OR real) as opposed to going thru 3rd parties that end up charging a lot for commission (think egold, epayassist et al). Last time I was there, I had a cousin who reloaded his cell phone credit via the phone. He said the money was automatically deducted from his account. If it can be done in the phone industry, I would assume same could be done online.

3) a solution that accepts all major forms of payment. In other words, I don't have to leave my transaction cos I don't have, say, a scratch card

4) (and this may be like a v2.0 kind of thing grin) making it accessible not only by Nigeria but other African nations as well, as I blv they too are in need of a similar solution.

All in all, remember that you shouldn't leave any stone unturned, cos if u are thinking of this, others surely are.

I hope this helps. Good luck

4)

1 Like

Re: What Do We Really Want In An Online Payment Solution? by Afam(m): 6:56pm On Dec 18, 2006
@Ibkn & My2cents,

Thanks a lot for the responses.

Direct access to bank accounts may be desirable but it is the most risky because another that happens to access your bank account can effectively ruin the account holder.

Providing a layer on top of the bank account will suffice since it is more secure. That way, users can easily open an account strictly for online transactions in their own names and only transfer funds to that account when they need to make online purchases.

Remember, online transaction is all about security and convenience and when the chips are down security will rule.

Another problem with direct bank account transactions is that a criminal working in the bank could do a whole lot of things and the search light will be focused on every single entity with access to the database, not something one would want to get involved in with the level of awareness and/or seriousness the banks place on internet security or IT security losely speaking.

Thanks once again for the comments, I really do appreciate them.
Re: What Do We Really Want In An Online Payment Solution? by WebSurfer(m): 2:17am On Feb 12, 2012
wink wink wink wink

(1) (Reply)

Probs Hosting My Site Via Ftp! / Hurray! Free Website And Free Hosting At Last 100% (.com .net .org) Etc / How Can I Increase Traffic To My Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.