Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,202 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599077 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 12:47am On Jun 21, 2016
My own ielts wasnt as i expected. Is it possible to ask for a remark on d Listening component?

Adiahabasi:
The 6.5 in writing cut down your marks by about 60points. Having a 7 in writing could boost your score by 60pts or thereabout. So my advice is... if you feel you did way better than the 6.5 then ask for a re-mark.That's if its still less than 6weeks you took the exam. If not, rewrite ielts.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by neny2k2: 3:17am On Jun 21, 2016
Thanks a lot, really appreciate
Omtt:

1. Yes. It is one payment for both certificate Bsc and Msc.
2. You have to evaluate ur husband certificate separately.
3. Yes. You will pay for the evaluation to be sent to you.international delivery if you are in Nigeria.
4. Don't know. Maybe the Gurus in the house can assist.
5. Depend on spouse degree. I know Msc is 10 point.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by neny2k2: 3:18am On Jun 21, 2016
Thanks a lot, I appreciate
Ekpekus:

The other questions have been answered save for number 4. Yes, you can use a statement of result in place of certificate. I hope this helps
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by neny2k2: 3:31am On Jun 21, 2016
One more question.
My work experience would be from my own registered company and as the Managing director(skill type 0) how do I get a reference letter? do i write my own reference letter? please help solve this my worry. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jer29v11: 8:51am On Jun 21, 2016
Thanks to everyone who took out time to reply to my enquiry. Much appreciated. I got my IELTS results about 8 weeks ago, so I have now missed the 6 weeks stipulates time to request a remark. I will have to retake the test again in the coming month, sadly. Are there any suggestions to how I can further boost my CRS score? I read about the possibilities of getting provisional nomination. Can anyone please share any information on that. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 21, 2016
Good day, people.

Please I need to know if there is hope at all for an IELTS score of L6.0 S6.5 W7.5 R8.0.

Thanks, in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekpekus(m): 9:32am On Jun 21, 2016
neny2k2:
One more question.
My work experience would be from my own registered company and as the Managing director(skill type 0) how do I get a reference letter? do i write my own reference letter? please help solve this my worry. Thanks
The reference letter should be written by a member of the board of directors of the company who is not related to you OR get a reference from your formal employers if the NOCs are the same.
I hope this help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekpekus(m): 9:37am On Jun 21, 2016
Jer29v11:
Thanks to everyone who took out time to reply to my enquiry. Much appreciated. I got my IELTS results about 8 weeks ago, so I have now missed the 6 weeks stipulates time to request a remark. I will have to retake the test again in the coming month, sadly. Are there any suggestions to how I can further boost my CRS score? I read about the possibilities of getting provisional nomination. Can anyone please share any information on that. Thanks.
Provincial nomination should be the next way forward if you have achieved the highest possible points from the English proficiency test and ECA.
if married, then your spouse also can help in boosting the points with credentials evaluation an ielts acing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekpekus(m): 9:40am On Jun 21, 2016
DIPXOID:
Good day, people.

Please I need to know if there is hope at all for an IELTS score of L6.0 S6.5 W7.5 R8.0.

Thanks, in advance.
Its a good score but you can improve on it to amass the maximum points attached to it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jer29v11: 9:59am On Jun 21, 2016
Thanks Ekpekus. I had suspected te provisional nomination will be the next route to get a higher CRS. Can you she's more light on this? How do I go about it? Apologies if I am taking the thread back, but it's because I am new to the process. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Loka0512: 10:09am On Jun 21, 2016
Hello house, can someone please tell me all the documents i need to send to IQAS. I have already requested for my school to send my transcript directly to them. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by muyiwaojo1(m): 10:33am On Jun 21, 2016
Well, as for me, I sent my signed application form, data page of international passport,completed and signed transcript request form, photocopy of certificate, online payment reciept and the checked check list I printed from IQAS website. Although I gave it all to the school to send alongside with my transcripts, but ofcourse I paid for additional charges.....

quote author=Loka0512 post=46775977]Hello house, can someone please tell me all the documents i need to send to IQAS. I have already requested for my school to send my transcript directly to them. Thanks[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 10:36am On Jun 21, 2016
ugoiyke79e:
My own ielts wasnt as i expected. Is it possible to ask for a remark on d Listening component?

That's a bit dicey. The listening and reading components are not subjective.So its either you are right or wrong,and I don't think the markers could make such mistakes. But never say never,no one is beyond mistakes, and a marker may have inadvertently mixed up the nos sad. So if you feel u did very well in listening ask for a re-mark. Nothing is cast in stone.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 11:02am On Jun 21, 2016
Jer29v11:
Thanks Ekpekus. I had suspected te provisional nomination will be the next route to get a higher CRS. Can you she's more light on this? How do I go about it? Apologies if I am taking the thread back, but it's because I am new to the process. Cheers.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jer29v11: 12:21pm On Jun 21, 2016
Thank you so much Adiahabasi. I really truly appreciate this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oduntope: 1:27pm On Jun 21, 2016
Hello house pls can someone tell me the steps involve in credentials verification through WES. And at what stage will I make payment to WES and how much.Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by peddy001: 4:48pm On Jun 21, 2016
Hello guys, thanks alot to all the gurus in the house, your responses have been really helpful.

I just received my IELTS results which is L7.5, W7, S7, R7, Overall 7.0
My NOC is 0112, have about 7 years experience in Human Resources Management, a masters degree which is currently being verified by WES. Age 30, Married. I'm the principal applicant.

My question then is what are my chances of getting an ITA and being selected asap, should I apply directly for the EE or go through the Provincial Nomination

Your responses will be truly appreciated.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2016
peddy001:
Hello guys, thanks alot to all the gurus in the house, your responses have been really helpful.

My NOC is 0112, have about 7 years experience in Human Resources Management, a masters degree which is currently being verified by WES. Age 30, Married. I'm the principal applicant.

My question then is what are my chances of getting an ITA and being selected asap, should I apply directly for the EE or go through the Provincial Nomination

Cheers.
Even for prov nomination you still need to be in the EE pool. If you don't intend rewriting ielts with the aim of scoring 8.5,8,7.5,7.5 or @ least 8,7,7,7 in L,R,S,W. Then your only option would be PN.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 5:28pm On Jun 21, 2016
oduntope:
Hello house pls can someone tell me the steps involve in credentials verification through WES. And at what stage will I make payment to WES and how much.Thank you.
Google WES Canada,you'll get more than enough answers to your question.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by wealthkata: 5:40pm On Jun 21, 2016
hello house, does my wife has to file documents as myself for express entry application since i am the principal applicant. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olurotimi1: 9:24pm On Jun 21, 2016
Adiahabasi:
Even for prov nomination you still need to be in the EE pool. If you don't intend rewriting ielts with the aim of scoring 8.5,8,7.5,7.5 or @ least 8,7,7,7 in L,R,S,W. Then your only option would be PN.
the part of provincial nominee must be in EE pool, MIGHT NOT BE TRUE. am a nominee and am not in the pool. wink

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 10:51pm On Jun 21, 2016
olurotimi1:
the part of provincial nominee must be in EE pool, MIGHT NOT BE TRUE. am a nominee and am not in the pool. wink
I think that is because, your application is paper based. Right? Correct me if I'm wrong. But, for people that would prefer the EE route they have to be in the pool.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Amazing01: 1:23am On Jun 22, 2016
ugoiyke79e:

Ugoiyke76 Yes it is possible to ask for a remark in any of the components. However as this come with a fee, I will advise anyone to only ask for a remark in speaking and writing as this 2 components are largely subjective on the marker and so your marks might change with a different marker. Reading and speaking components have multiple choice answers and very unlikely that your marks will change during a remark.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Amazing01: 1:26am On Jun 22, 2016
wealthkata:
hello house, does my wife has to file documents as myself for express entry application since i am the principal applicant. Thanks

Yes she will need to. You will be losing points if you do not.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Amazing01: 1:33am On Jun 22, 2016
peddy001:

Cheers.
Age 30 is good. Both you and wify will need to max out your ielts score to have an overall of 8, you then you stand a better chance of getting a ITA and perhaps avoid the PNP route, which is few and far between.

PS. You still need an EE to apply for a PNP
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Egonne1(f): 2:16am On Jun 22, 2016
Hello house, nice job done here. Please quick enquiry. While looking for job for express entry, does it compulsorily have to be in the Noc one is claiming points for? Or can one get a job offer outside his or her Noc. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olurotimi1: 5:30am On Jun 22, 2016
beyunce:

I think that is because, your application is paper based. Right? Correct me if I'm wrong. But, for people that would prefer the EE route they have to be in the pool.
Yeah my application is paper based. My certificate instructed I apply that way. I quoted you cause you said everyone must be in the pool. Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yinyinola: 7:46am On Jun 22, 2016
Hello everyone. please is it possible to get professional qualifications like acca verified? I have enquired from iqas & was told they only deal with academic institutions like universities. I would appreciate it if anyone who has verified a professional certificate can advice. this enquiry is for my sister who also has a degree in accounting. I was wondering if there is a body that assess both degrees & professional certifications. thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 8:22am On Jun 22, 2016
yinyinola:
Hello everyone. please is it possible to get professional qualifications like acca verified? I have enquired from iqas & was told they only deal with academic institutions like universities. I would appreciate it if anyone who has verified a professional certificate can advice. this enquiry is for my sister who also has a degree in accounting. I was wondering if there is a body that assess both degrees & professional certifications. thanks in advance.

Yeah WES evaluates ACCA certs from what I've heard.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 22, 2016
Hello everyone. I am new here and about to start canada immigration process. Please has any one used the services of campbell cohen candana immigration lawyers?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yinyinola: 11:40am On Jun 22, 2016
a thank you very much.
iphie25:

Yeah WES evaluates ACCA certs from what I've heard.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 2:44pm On Jun 22, 2016
please anyone with info on this? kindly help. thanks.
vcole:
hi everyone. hope we are all good. haven't been here in a bit. i gotta read up.
Please can anyone help me with info on how to go about getting a reference letter from a previous employer where the supervisor no longer works in that company? I vaguely remember a discussion earlier on in the thread about getting the supervisor to write on a plain sheet of paper and get it notarized and add other evidence of employment for that period........i'll appreciate if anyone with info or experience can shed more light on this. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.