Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2604979 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 6:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
Do you have any relatives in Canada? Another way is to learn french and write the exam

LaserFocus:

Thank you Dupsyshoo and JesusDWay for your responses. This however leaves me feeling like theres no hope for me. What other route is open to someone like me. I do not have a child and the $15,000 POF is for my settlement alone.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 9:19pm On Jun 30, 2016
Doggys:
Yes Etfash. We are on the same ship. In fact I had an incomplete application from SINP in the May opening and look forward to the next. Please I'll like us to do a documents check together for completeness. Thanks. And now we don't even know what rate to calculate with anymore.

Oanda.com is your best bet for funds conversion.
For document checklist, check out the list below:
Code of Conduct
Birth Document
Passport
Document proving marital status of: Single
Educational/Training Credentials
Work Experience Credentials
English/French Language Ability
Proof of Transferable Settlement Funds
IMM 0008 - Generic Application Form for Canada
IMM 5562 Supplementary Information Your Travels
IMM-5406 Additional Family Information
Schedule 4: Economic Classes - Provincial Nominee
Schedule A: Background/Declaration

SINP sent that list to me in November, 2015. Note: you do not need a proof of singlehood if you are married. Your marriage certificate replaces that.
You can begin to gather and upload them now against the next opening.

Best regards.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by rokee(m): 11:20pm On Jun 30, 2016
How does someone go about the proof of single hood ? undecided

Etfash:

I am still in line for the Nomintion. oanda.com is your best bet for funds conversion.
For document checklist, check out the list below:
Code of Conduct
Birth Document
Passport
Document proving marital status of: Single
Educational/Training Credentials
Work Experience Credentials
English/French Language Ability
Proof of Transferable Settlement Funds
IMM 0008 - Generic Application Form for Canada
IMM 5562 Supplementary Information Your Travels
IMM-5406 Additional Family Information
Schedule 4: Economic Classes - Provincial Nominee
Schedule A: Background/Declaration

SINP sent that list to me in November, 2015. Note that, you do not need a proof of singlehood if you are married. Your marriage certificate replaces that.
You can begin to gather and upload them now against the next opening.

Best regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 3:31am On Jul 01, 2016
tundechange:
Hi guys,

My enquiry is to those who did their evaluation through IQAS. Please, does IQAS send verification letter to schools before concluding their evaluation?

Thanks in advance for us speedy response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 3:46am On Jul 01, 2016
dupyshoo:
If you are married and your spouse is accompanying you, your score will be reduced by 30 points which your spouse has to earn (20 points for IELTS and 10 points for ECA).

If you get married before receiving ITA, she will need to evaluate her degree and write IELTS to boost your CRS score. However, if you marry after submitting your application, it will not be necessary for her to write IELTS and evaluate her degree. You will just notify IRCC and a new POF to cater for 2 people, her application fee and RPPF, her medicals and PCC will be requested from you.

Good day, I am planning my application as single, and then after I submit my application lets say latest December, I should be married by end of next year. what do you think is best way sincerely?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by justicia: 10:02am On Jul 01, 2016
Thanks Arcayo and Tundechange!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by muyiwaojo1(m): 12:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
....... Happy Canada day Everyone. grin grin grin grin. For those of us hustling to get this PR, before the next Canada day, we shall be in Canada fully settled, with our PR.... wink

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2016
Etfash:

That is correct. Your aim will be to convince the OINP guys that you will stay in their province... You may want to tell them the link between your experience and the industries located in Ontario; how you have tied a great part of your future endeavors to certain institutions in Ontario and what Ontario holds for your family etc.

Ok. Please 1 more thing, all the lists of Jobs in the NOC link on the first page of this thread, are they still valid for 2016?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2016
[quote author=tundechange post=47088604][/quote]

I really can't say how they verify the transcripts but I'm sure they do.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 5:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
AyaSunday:

Ok. Please 1 more thing, all the lists of Jobs in the NOC link on the first page of this thread, are they still valid for 2016?

Yes, they are valid. But, occupations under NOCs 0,A and B category are required for EE.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 5:20pm On Jul 01, 2016
rokee:
How does someone go about the proof of single hood ? undecided

Go to any marriage registry near you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by CalcreteJB(m): 6:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
Good evening house, i'm a first timer and read through cic website that before creating an express entry profile, i must write an English proficiency test. Can someone please put me through the processes of writing a Canadian English proficiency test in Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 8:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
Check this link for a centre in Nigeria:

http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/locations/nigeria

Please also ensure you write the General IELTS exam for this immigration purpose. I hope this helps!

CalcreteJB:
Good evening house, i'm a first timer and read through cic website that before creating an express entry profile, i must write an English proficiency test. Can someone please put me through the processes of writing a Canadian English proficiency test in Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by humanshado: 6:32am On Jul 02, 2016
LaserFocus:
Hello guys,

I'm new to this forum but have been reading up on all the posts.

I really need your help here. I registered on the EE system and came up as ineligible. No scores were displayed on my profile.

My IELTS results is L7, W7.5, S8, R8.5, Overall 8.0
My NOC is 1121, have about 7 years experience in Human Resources, a Master’s degree which has been verified by WES. Age 43, Single. I don’t have a job offer in Canada, I don’t have a provincial nomination and I don’t have a relative in Canada. Funds available to move to Canada is $15,000. I put in both my Bachelors degree and Masters degree. Both have been verified by WES.
What could be responsible for this ineligibility report? How do I go from here?

I also have a second career as a Pharmacist with NOC 3131 . I have part time work experience with this. I didn’t use this in the application because it is a regulated profession requiring examination and certification before I can practice it in Canada. Can I put in another application in the EE system using this?

Your responses will be truly appreciated.

Cheers.

I suggest you try Australia. Based on your stats you will be eligible to apply for Australian Skill Independent 189 if you improve your IELTS English score to L8,R8,W8,S8. Alternatively, you can take Pearson Test of English (PTE) and try to get a score of 79+ for LRWS. Check these links for details.

For details on Skilled Independent 189 - https://www.border.gov.au/Busi/Empl/skillselect
For PTE English test - http://pearsonpte.com/

There is an existing discussion forum on Nairaland that you can ask for more clarifications as you go along the process. Click the link below to visit the forum.

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident

Don't stick to Canada alone, Australia has the same advantage as Canada.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by xcaper(m): 7:02pm On Jul 02, 2016
Am interested in relocating to Canada with my family, how do i get it started. Am married with two kids, I have an MBA and have 9 years work experience.please some should respond and help a brother
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by joyuzo(f): 7:54pm On Jul 02, 2016
dupyshoo:
Hi all,

The journey that started last year May has finally come to an end. We finally landed in Canada yesterday. Glory to God as we are now officially Permanent Residents of Canada. Nothing much was asked except if we have new family members and if we have any criminal record. Even POF was not asked.

Want to wish everyone with their applications still in process all the best. For those that are still awaiting ITA and PNP, God will perfect it and finally for those who are contemplating on starting this Canadian PR journey, please start as soon as you can, you have got nothing much to lose.

I will still be on the forum to answer any questions you may have but I won't be able to answer any job related questions as we are only doing short landing. We will be travelling back home in the next few weeks as we are not planning to move to Canada permanently until the next 2 years.
Smiles....wow and congrats to you and family. God be Praised. Please, I would like you give me a detailed info on how you and hubby did your application,ranging from....who is best to apply as principal applicant, did both of you write the IELTS, how much POF is needed for Family of 5, how did you go about your bank statements and papers, and Any/All Useful Info/Advice you would give to me. However, I plan to be the Principal Applicant and will soon write my IELTS.
Thanks as I wait earnestly for your kind Reply.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by muyiwaojo1(m): 8:00pm On Jul 02, 2016
You can check the first page of this thread, u will see the detailed step you need to follow. But in summary, u will need to write IELTS (general) test, aim to get high scores and then you do your ECA via WES or IQAS, and then create an express entry profile so as to enter d pool... Other gurus here can add to this...

xcaper:
Am interested in relocating to Canada with my family, how do i get it started. Am married with two kids, I have an MBA and have 9 years work experience.please some should respond and help a brother
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 10:47pm On Jul 02, 2016
Hi People,

Please I will like to confirm if CIC uses the official exchange rate to determine the sufficiency of Proof of Fund or they use parralel (black) market?

Also can Pension Fund (RSA) balance be used as a POF?

Thanks!

Cc: dupyshoo, iphie25, JesusDway

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AlphaNumero: 11:28pm On Jul 02, 2016
dupyshoo:
Thanks.

You need the POF for your application. However, although you are required to bring the pof while landing you might or might not be asked to show it. I had the POF with me while landing though.

Yes, I need to sort out some issues before finally relocating to Canada. To maintain permanent resident status, one needs to stay in Canada 2 years out of 5 years. So it is not compulsory that one relocates to Canada immediately. However, one will have to land in Canada before the date stated on your COPR which is usually a year after medicals. After landing, you can come back to your home country but you will need to travel back to Canada within the next 3 years to retain PR status.

Congratulations on your landing. Will you be returning to Nigeria before your PR card arrives? Or have you factored that in to your plans.

Congratulations again
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by rokee(m): 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2016
Thanks

Etfash:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2016
40manlappy:
Good evening irondome, dupyshoo, zandora, JesusDWay, Slimmsyyetty, Tola73, Etfash, beyunce, hartson, princey83, Gymme, other gurus

We recently applied for Manitoba PNP having received Letter of Advice to Apply (LAA) from the Province.

Few days ago, we both received a mail from New Brunswick inviting us to attend their Information Session in Dubai in respect of their PNP. A friend actually encouraged us to register for the event before we got LAA from Manitoba.

My question is this: considering the financial implications of attending the session in the UAE, do you think it is really worth it to attend when we have already applied for the Manitoba PNP?

NB:Spouse is the primary applicant but we both applied for the New Brunswick Information Session.

Whatz up?is being a while.Sorry for replying this late.I guess you have already submitted your LAA for Manitoba before the NB Info Session came up and to further spread your tentacles you applied for the NBIS too.My opinion is to attend if you can afford it since the ultimate target is to get ITA via PNP irrespective of which province but do your research very well,compare the 2 provinces for better opportunities before you hop into emirate flight to Dubai sometimes it is better to do a thorough due diligence before concluding on matters as critical as this.I received the invitation for 20th as well but I declined the invitation on personal reasons.Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jer29v11: 10:09am On Jul 04, 2016
Good morning All. I intend retaking my IELTS exam because my last score (8.5/8.5/8.5/6.5) dropped my CRS score by approximately 60 marks sad my question is;
(1) Since my WES evaluation is ready, can I create my EE profile with my current IELTS score and then update my profile once I retake my IELTS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cookies: 11:48am On Jul 04, 2016
Hello house,
Sorry if I'm taking you guys back. I hold a degree in French language from a school here in Nigeria & a master's degree in human resources management from the UK, now I'd like to seek admission to further my studies in Canada, but I'm wondering if I'd be admitted for another masters program or is PhD more advisable in this case? Also I have 2 kids whom I'd love to go with ages 7&4. Will it be possible to study & work at same time? I'd love to get your opinions on this please. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dansy(f): 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
Good morning, everyone, I want to travel to Canada.I need information on the process to travel.I have been to British council, I have made payment for fiftytwo thousand naira. Pls, what is the next process.thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SomebodyLovesMe: 12:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
Jer29v11:
Good morning All. I intend retaking my IELTS exam because my last score (8.5/8.5/8.5/6.5) dropped my CRS score by approximately 60 marks sad my question is;
(1) Since my WES evaluation is ready, can I create my EE profile with my current IELTS score and then update my profile once I retake my IELTS?

Yes, you definitely can.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bolaji92: 12:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
hello gurus in the house,please i want to sit for ielts exams,i will appreciate if someone can help me with materials,ebooks on this exam.
thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bolaji92: 1:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
Jer29v11:

Hello boss @jer29v11 pls i will appreciate if you can help me with ielts exam preparatory materials,ebooks and others.

Thanks in anticipation for your help

Regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 2:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
Jer29v11:

Yes, you can surely go ahead and upload another IELTS result when its ready. However, I gbadun your result o. U dey on point. Please what materials did you use to prepare? My spouse is writing her exam on July 30. If you have the soft copies, kindly mail it to tundechange20@gmail.com.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by opeyemi87babe: 2:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
dupyshoo:
Hi all,

Congratulations,

Can you please share how you were able to process the application? Documents submitted? IELTS? And the whole process of the package.

Thanks.

The journey that started last year May has finally come to an end. We finally landed in Canada yesterday. Glory to God as we are now officially Permanent Residents of Canada. Nothing much was asked except if we have new family members and if we have any criminal record. Even POF was not asked.

Want to wish everyone with their applications still in process all the best. For those that are still awaiting ITA and PNP, God will perfect it and finally for those who are contemplating on starting this Canadian PR journey, please start as soon as you can, you have got nothing much to lose.

I will still be on the forum to answer any questions you may have but I won't be able to answer any job related questions as we are only doing short landing. We will be travelling back home in the next few weeks as we are not planning to move to Canada permanently until the next 2 years.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jer29v11: 3:39pm On Jul 04, 2016
Preparatory materials I used for the IELTS exam were all web-based. They include (1) IELTS Buddy (2) Liz IELTS (3) The British Council online materials.
All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by rokee(m): 3:52pm On Jul 04, 2016
Bro, how much did it cost you to get the certificate of single hood cos I called my contact at ikoyi registry and he is saying that it'll cost me 25k.

Etfash:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by poseman: 4:46pm On Jul 04, 2016
Good day house,

Please i would like to know which is faster to use to submit a passport to Accra.

1.) Through VFS
2.) Through DHL

Within how many days will the passport be returned.

Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.