Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2605259 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 10, 2017
Blackbuddy:

This same ELB Legal? http://elbfirm.com/index.php/about/

Please i am also interested in knowing about this ELB Legal.

I have heard about the link from someone here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 11:33am On Mar 10, 2017
dupyshoo:
Good advice!! If you add NYSC as government, your application might take ages as I heard they conduct more detailed security checks for government workers.

Hi, dupyshoo.
Does it mean peeps working with government have their application more scrutinized? I'm going somewhere with this....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:33am On Mar 10, 2017
I have only been to 3 provinces. Landed in Ontario and left the same day for Sask, stayed in Saskatchewan for few weeks (Regina and Saskatoon), had layover in Alberta on my way back home. So, I am not qualified to give you any solid info about the provinces. The only one I can say few things about is Saskatchewan and I have done that. Just google the provinces, go to their websites and find out information about them. You can share your findings with us. grin
Moatte:

Thanks dupyshoo

So is it possible to give an idea of these provinces....I can do further investigations on them

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:39am On Mar 10, 2017
I think so. I made the statement cos most of the people that did not get their PPR within 6 months had worked with government or military before. They made enquiries and realised that it was security checks that delayed their applications cos they had to do further security checks on them. I am guessing maybe to ensure they are not government spies.

Please note that, I am not saying this was the case for everyone that had ever worked with government. It also depends on where your application is processed and your country of residence. Most of the people that fell victim of this had their application processed in Ottawa. Some of them have waited for over a year and are still waiting.
greetings:

Hi, dupyshoo.
Does it mean peeps working with government have their application more scrutinized? I'm going somewhere with this....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kathyjex: 11:43am On Mar 10, 2017
thanks for your usual swift response. I will explore that. just to clarify, you are of the opinion that the account can fly as POF if HR can write that i will have access to the money right?
na long thing oo. *** just contacted our HR and they said it can be done*** whoo hooo!

dupyshoo:
A letter from you employer that states that you will have access to the money when you resign will be required. I am not sure submitting the statement and employee handbook will be sufficient. It will be a gamble to submit that alone.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 11:55am On Mar 10, 2017
dupyshoo:
I think so. I made the statement cos most of the people that did not get their PPR within 6 months had worked with government or military before. They made enquiries and realised that it was security checks that delayed their applications cos they had to do further security checks on them. I am guessing maybe to ensure they are not government spies.

Please note that, I am not saying this was the case for everyone that had ever worked with government. It also depends on where your application is processed and your country of residence. Most of the people that fell victim of this had their application processed in Ottawa. Some of them have waited for over a year and are still waiting.

Chai! No wonder.... I'm plusing one and two together.... This one na long thing o...
Damn!
Thanks a bunch.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 12:01pm On Mar 10, 2017
hmm this news is doing me one kind oo. please has any magistrate been given PPR ? how long did it take ? hmm let God give me this invitation first from there we begin to kabash and quote law to all concerned

shocked grin.
greetings:

Hi, dupyshoo.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 12:08pm On Mar 10, 2017
@greetings its hard searching foryour posts , whenever i put greetings on the search engine it shows where everything on greetings . you seem to have aot of insight. did you work in goverment was your ppr delayed ?

optionese:
hmm this news is doing me one kind oo. please has any magistrate been given PPR ? how long did it take ? hmm let God give me this invitation first from there we begin to kabash and quote law to all concerned

shocked grin.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AZeD1(m): 12:15pm On Mar 10, 2017
dupyshoo:

Do you by chance know what the security checks entails?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by studyexec: 12:32pm On Mar 10, 2017
Hey guys.

Please how long does it take Hellofax to complete faxing docs to IQAS? Taking 20 mins already and my internet connection is very good.

Or do I have to fax it during their working hours in Alberta?

My attachments are about 2MB.

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by studyexec: 12:47pm On Mar 10, 2017
studyexec:
Hey guys.

Please how long does it take Hellofax to complete faxing docs to IQAS? Taking 20 mins already and my internet connection is very good.
Or do I have to fax it during their working hours in Alberta?
My attachments are about 2MB.
Thanks in advance

Never mind guys, it has been sent. I hope the still accept fax anyway!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 12:57pm On Mar 10, 2017
studyexec:

Never mind guys, it has been sent. I hope the still accept fax anyway!

Why not? They do!

Good to know it has been sent. It sometimes takes a while to be sent.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2017
optionese:
@greetings its hard searching foryour posts , whenever i put greetings on the search engine it shows where everything on greetings . you seem to have aot of insight. did you work in goverment was your ppr delayed ?

Lol cheesy
You have no idea, the mention per day is on the average of 100.... It's crazy. I never esperit.

It's not up to six months but many people that submitted after me have gotten ppr. In fact a friend sent a message yesterday to particularly ask why the delay. Now it's making sense, lots of those people have gotten the request are working in private sector.
No one can tell you how long it will take, coz there are several factors involved. It's only past six months that you can raise inquiry.

Everything will be in God's time.

Please anyone knows how to update my address? I've filled the case enquiries form and it's almost a month now... Nothing has been updated on my profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ebho: 1:31pm On Mar 10, 2017
8 days ago
40manlappy:

This issue has been addressed severally on this thread. Use the search tool at the top of this page to Google "gift deed". Check the ones that appear in the Travel section, particularly this thread.

By the way, when did you get your NOI from Ontario?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TUZE: 1:33pm On Mar 10, 2017
cookies:

Thanks a lot

Am preparing to apply for a Postgraduate diploma degree in Canada in the field of occupational health and safety management. I work in this role recently and hope to get a work leave permit for study to get a visa for my wife after acceptance. Can anyone be of help who have gone through with such on how to apply for visas to ensure I get a visa for wife and myself.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sammyacbxyz: 2:24pm On Mar 10, 2017
Please, when did u receive NOI?

ebho:
Good Morning House.

I received expression of interest from Ontario but I need an urgent response on how to draft a gift deed and to whom it will be addressed to.

Thanks Hous
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Benosky1985(m): 2:36pm On Mar 10, 2017
So how do I apply for permanent working visa?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 2:46pm On Mar 10, 2017
Her NYSC is ok... 1 year experience. What's her score tho?

arinola2:

Thanks a lot boldinc.

She is 25, i am 35. As for me, i have over 10 years telecommunication experience (But age is a disadvantage).
Both of us don't have masters yet.

I did IELTS last week (expecting my result by next week 17th/18th).
My WES is almost ready as i started 4th-Jan-2017, and transcript has been sent same week and verification feedback from school to WES (fro their email) as well about 3 weeks ago. I believe they should be done by now - i don't know why its taking too long.

My wife just started her WES process this week Monday (6th-Mar-2017). And her IELTS is scheduled for 8th-April-2017.

I have tried the tool over and over and think she is the best as principal applicant, as she will get more score.

What i wanted to get is if her NYSC will be good for us to use as she will just have NYSC experience (1 year) - which i think you have answered if i'm right.

Thank you so much again, i really appreciate. Any other tip or advice will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 2:46pm On Mar 10, 2017
ebho:
Good Morning House.

I received expression of interest from Ontario but I need an urgent response on how to draft a gift deed and to whom it will be addressed to.

Thanks Hous

Think it's done at the High court... When did you get NOI?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 2:56pm On Mar 10, 2017
ebimarian:

Yes it is...what did u find abt them please

The information on their website suggests they assist interested persons to find employment in Canada. The catch is that they did not say if it is guaranteed for people interested to find jobs from abroad.

This is where I would be wary as you will definitely be required to register with them and it is highly likely that you will have to pay 'a fee' for their job search service. If you had already landed here, I would have said give it a shot as landed persons don't pay agencies for job search. It is employers who pay this cost in Canada but as you are an offshore candidate which most employers are not interested in (due to the long, protracted and expensive process of sponsoring potential workers and pursuing LMIA) I don't feel this is viable option to pursue.

In summary, I would say thread with caution. If you forge ahead with them, ensure you find out exactly what their service entails and how much it cost. Your best bet though would be to just get a PR visa, land here and explore your world of options here. This is how it worked for me as I have previously shared at Canadavisa forum (as Pipis Husband). My two cents, cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 3:02pm On Mar 10, 2017
dupyshoo:

Whao..my work experience on which i claimed points is Lagos state internal revenue service, (although we were never referred to as civil service, but our employer was Lagos state government) and i checked "employment" in my work history, does this mean i have to change it to "Government"?

Also, i thought on "Personal history" only permanent addresses were applicable, i schooled and served upcountry, do i include this addresses at that time?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 10, 2017
Blackbuddy:

The information on their website suggests they assist interested persons to find employment in Canada. The catch is that they did not say if it is guaranteed for people interested to find jobs from abroad.

This is where I would be wary as you will definitely be required to register with them and it is highly likely that you will have to pay 'a fee' for their job search service. If you had already landed here, I would have said give it a shot as landed persons don't pay agencies for job search. It is employers who pay this cost in Canada but as you are an offshore candidate which most employers are not interested in (due to the long, protracted and expensive process of sponsoring potential workers and pursuing LMIA) I don't feel this is viable option to pursue.

In summary, I would say thread with caution. If you forge ahead with them, ensure you find out exactly what their service entails and how much it cost. Your best bet though would be to just get a PR visa, land here and explore your world of options here. This is how it worked for me as I have previously shared at Canadavisa forum (as Pipis Husband). My two cents, cheers.

You dey there too l dey frequent the site everyday.Its a whole new world there

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by donluis: 4:22pm On Mar 10, 2017
Ekpekus:

Unfortunately you can not use it cos your ielts form while filling shows a part "purpose" & "country".
That being said EE is General and not Academic

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deeore: 5:12pm On Mar 10, 2017
Hello gurus... I have questions while i await ITA hopefully....
1) when i was much younger my mum used my stepdad lastname to apply for us visa for me, i got d visa and used it a couple of times to us and also to uk, all this was before i was 18yrs old.
When i was older i did an affidavit of change of name to my real name. I also mention it wheneva i fill all these embassy forms dat i ve at some point used another name.
My confusion is if i should also mention it for the canny runs and would an affidavit pass for evidence of change of name...
Note: i dont have newspaper publication for the initial change and the only passport i have in that name has only my uk visa in it,the previous trips to us is not there as the passport got burnt in a fire incident... I have an affidavit to that effect listing the passport as one of the lost documents.
2) my current passport is in my maiden name... Do i have to get a new one with my marital name for canada. I use this passport for us and dubai travels with the family.
3) @dupsychoo please can i get a copy of your loe... Pleaseeeeeeee
4) i am claiming points for working at lagos state internal revenue service. Should it be under personal or government?
@dupsychoo @boldinc @vcole and all the wonderful gurus... Cant remember your handles.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by penitential(m): 5:24pm On Mar 10, 2017
Enter this thread and post your question there. this thread is for skilled migrants while this other one is for study visa.
https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/37#3649314.1186
TUZE:

Am preparing to apply for a Postgraduate diploma degree in Canada in the field of occupational health and safety management. I work in this role recently and hope to get a work leave permit for study to get a visa for my wife after acceptance. Can anyone be of help who have gone through with such on how to apply for visas to ensure I get a visa for wife and myself.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by donluis: 6:19pm On Mar 10, 2017
Hello house! Just want clarifications. I have aBSc from one university and an MBBS degree (Medici e/surgery) from another university. I saw in an earlier post that a Pharmacist did not need WES to evaluate his degree instead its the pharmacy council in Canada. Can I use WES for both degrees(may save cost-2 stones to kill 1 bird) or I need to evaluate my MBBS with the physician and surgeons council of Canada, then evaluate my BSc separately with WES or just evaluate only the MBBS which may score higher on CRS?
I feel using both degrees will increase my scores . although I'm applying for Canadian Masters now. Thanx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 6:55pm On Mar 10, 2017
Zutlin:
Hello house. PLEASE, ABEG, I NEED HELP.

I'm presently working towards an EE application. The issue I'm having is PASSSPORT.

I had an electronic passport which got lost last year. Before then, I had both Ghana and Benin Republic stamps on them. I didn't require a visa because it was just visiting I went for. Now that I am interested in EE it has become necessary for me to do another passport and I was told the lost passport number will also reflect on the new. My questions are:

1) How do I go about filling 'travel history' on the EE application.
2) Do I have to write a LOE on my lost passport telling them my travel history there or I totally ignore it.
3) If I even decide to write LOE, how do I prove that I've been to those countries and I didn't stay long enough to need a PCC?
4) Is there a way they can just run a background check on my old passport number and see that I've been to those countries?

Also, I hear lost passport replacement can only be done in Abuja. Is it true?

Make una help me abeg. The thing is giving me sleepless night.

Gurus pls help out on this. I have similar issues.

Yes, for lost passports you'll have to go to Abuja to do the fingerprint capturing. I had to go to Abuja for it as well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by arinola2: 7:13pm On Mar 10, 2017
Ekpekus:

Her NYSC is good to go if it's one year and evidence in terms of reference letter shows it. However whike she gained some points with her age, she will lose some with years of working experience.
You can use her as PA and see her possible score from the CRS tool. Meanwhile, she should ace her ielts to gain maximum point in proficiency in English

Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by arinola2: 7:24pm On Mar 10, 2017
boldinc:
Her NYSC is ok... 1 year experience. What's her score tho?

She will be taking her exam April 8. Am just getting set.
I did mind March 4th, so my result will be out next week.

Thanks so much.

Now, am beginning to get bordered coso she is serving in the ministry and with what I have read recently, it seems there is usually extra checks for government related jobs.

Don't know what to do about this now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by fundudediscrete(m): 7:27pm On Mar 10, 2017
I have the official IELTS study books for sale at affordable price. Please contact me if interested. Bulk purchase also available. We have both the General training and Academic study books
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ebimarian: 7:42pm On Mar 10, 2017
Blackbuddy:

Truthfully I paid them thru an agent here 32k around Nov and de got back to me only recently that my LMIA application is now in progress,and your draft contract is likewise available,that my Employer has now required you to provide an IELTS “General Training” test score of (CLB-7 which means 6 band in each module) before they can issue the draft contract.an employer in Scarborough, Ontario.... Please what's your sincere advice on this...and where exactly is the Scarborough... Is it OK for immigrants?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 8:04pm On Mar 10, 2017
ebimarian:

Truthfully I paid them thru an agent here 32k around Nov and de got back to me only recently that my LMIA application is now in progress,and your draft contract is likewise available,that my Employer has now required you to provide an IELTS “General Training” test score of (CLB-7 which means 6 band in each module) before they can issue the draft contract.an employer in Scarborough, Ontario.... Please what's your sincere advice on this...and where exactly is the Scarborough... Is it OK for immigrants?

Okay, it appears there has been some progress in regards a potential job offer. Could you please confirm your professional background? You don't need to tell me your exact current employer, just confirm what you do and what will you will be doing for the Canadian employer. Scarborough is one of the cities in the GTA - Greater Toronto Area. It's close to Toronto and there are a number of employers there in the finance and I.T. sectors that come to mind now.
It's an okay place to live as well although there is a high concentration of Asians there but not a problem. There is a high density of immigrant population there so you will likely get to mix with a lot of foreign born people. To be truthful, there are a lot of low income family neighborhoods in this city so crime is a bit of a challenge in some areas. A lot of people who work there actually live in other suburbs/cities like Mississauga, Brampton, etc where there is better family life/security and just commute to work. I myself landed in Mississauga and lived there for a while. I work in Toronto and now live in Brampton.
You can continue to watch the process with the recruiting agency and see where it leads. Bear in mind LMIA issuance can take a while but fingers crossed. All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.