Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,400 members, 7,846,689 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2634173 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 03, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by HTC2017: 4:34pm On May 03, 2017
OK. Let's wait till CoB then. 5 hours' time.

miella:

I don't know. But I think it is just 11am in Ottawa right now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ajiifixing(m): 4:38pm On May 03, 2017
miella:

Hmmm....I concur

I don't think so.
Look at the trend last year. There is no month draws didn't hold. Some were even three draws in a month. Therefore it doesn't seem as if they will wait for high points. What if there are no such high point during the intervals? Draws will still hold.

Anyway, my prayer is that it hold today before it soars up again ........at 400. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 03, 2017

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 03, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Java47: 4:44pm On May 03, 2017
Bimpsy99:
You are the mouthed one we are talking about. Met a guy that paid 40k since January. Yesterday he came to the passport office they asked for 7k extra so his file can move. Please expect plenty PMs o, so you can guide the people that are yet to pay any agent aright. Its easier when u haven't initiated the process but moving ur file from one officer to another is difficult.

Please show us the way ma grin

If you've not started at all, please do the 64 pages, it cost me 35k. Got it in two days too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 03, 2017
ajiifixing:

I don't think so.
Look at the trend last year. There is no month draws didn't hold. Some were even three draws in a month. Therefore it doesn't seem as if they will wait for high points. What if there are no such high point during the intervals? Draws will still hold.

Anyway, my prayer is that it hold today before it soars up again ........at 400. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The way this express entry runs, more people are joining the pool everyday some of them who will have high scores so that argument about waiting for high points can be true.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Uglyduckling: 4:55pm On May 03, 2017
Is there a maximum time limit from when one gets PR via express entry that one must be in Canada?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 03, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Uglyduckling: 5:00pm On May 03, 2017
miella:

You must land in Canada before your medicals expires
How long does it take to expire?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 03, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Uglyduckling: 5:18pm On May 03, 2017
miella:

1 year.

"Medical certificates for applicants who pass a medical examination in or outside Canada are valid for twelve months from the date of the last medical assessment of an applicant’s file by a medical officer and/or delegated staff" (Culled from CIC website)

Thanks a million

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Spatz81: 5:25pm On May 03, 2017
Please my people, is it compulsory to collect and attach receipt (Treasury Receipt -Lagos State Govt) after filing an affidavit? i.e "one and same person affidavit"
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Penluv: 5:29pm On May 03, 2017
edababa007:

go to "The children practice".. was there with my family last Saturday..they charge flat rate of 28k per person..

Thanks, Done. Q Life was telling me 25th... grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 5:36pm On May 03, 2017
miella:
Am I the only one anxiously waiting for the 61st draw despite the fact that I'm not yet in the pool? cool grin cool

You are not alone. I am waiting anxiously too on behalf of a friend cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Java47: 5:37pm On May 03, 2017
yimiton:
They would have communicated the time and date by now if they were having a draw today. From all indication, the draw will not hold today.
My take is that they're stalling to see if they can get more people with high points so that they don't have to go below a certain point.

I can't be certain, but i think that the basic score one can get without IELTS is about 408/410. So they might want applicants to at least take the IELTS exam, which should increase the score to about 415+.

NB: I might be wrong.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 5:39pm On May 03, 2017
miella:

I don't know. But I think it is just 11am in Ottawa right now.

It is 12:39pm in Ottawa now and yet no news. IRCC is living up to their unpredictability....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 03, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 5:42pm On May 03, 2017
yimiton:
They would have communicated the time and date by now if they were having a draw today. From all indication, the draw will not hold today.
My take is that they're stalling to see if they can get more people with high points so that they don't have to go below a certain point.

Yeah, it is possible that there would be no draw today because by now we should have seen the "Ministerial Instructions" online. However, it may be due to the high number of ITAs already issued. Let us keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lacord5: 5:44pm On May 03, 2017
Finally my ECA is ready! Am waiting again for ielts results to come out on the 12th...wish I can get into the pool today while I await my ielts results...just in case

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ajiifixing(m): 5:49pm On May 03, 2017
40manlappy:

You are not alone. I am waiting anxiously too on behalf of a friend cheesy grin

grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 5:51pm On May 03, 2017
optionese:
Pls I need help / clarification . In the personal history part that ask for your 10 yrs details . When I opened it, it already jad my prefilled details from EE. So I have two jobs which are goverment jobs . My question is should I edit the part that says employment for those two jobs and put goverment or I should leave it like that.

I think I ought to edit it but I just want to be sure

@40manlappy @boldinc and any other person who has an opinion thank you

Are you planning to claim points for those two jobs? If not, you can put them in personal history. Please clarify.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 5:59pm On May 03, 2017
Got the following from another forum. 6pm (1pm Ottawa time) is almost here... cool

guys I have said this hundreds of times.. according to my observation from past 6 months, draw gets updated on the website at 1pm Ottawa time.. please please have patience

The next draw may happen on Friday, next week Wednesday or thereafter. Who knows? The key thing is to be prepared...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 6:04pm On May 03, 2017
Not cliaming points for them , I intend to put them in the personal history part . However you know some information follows through from EE . The two jobs came under employment , so am asking if to change those 2 to Goverment .

Do you get my question

40manlappy:

Are you planning to claim points for those two jobs? If not, you can put them in personal history. Please clarify.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by EJIZY: 6:16pm On May 03, 2017
lacord5:
Finally my ECA is ready! Am waiting again for ielts results to come out on the 12th...wish I can get into the pool today while I await my ielts results...just in case

Please when did you start your ECA...I want to knw how long it takes?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:19pm On May 03, 2017
optionese:
Not cliaming points for them , I intend to put them in the personal history part . However you know some information follows through from EE . The two jobs came under employment , so am asking if to change those 2 to Goverment .

Do you get my question

I think you should leave them under employment in the personal history section based on the following posts from e.miye and iron.dome. You may also tarry a little for more opinions from our seniors.

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/320#54399077

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/23#39914495

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 03, 2017
freeradical:
It's no use continuing OINP when u already have ITA. So respond to OINP that you already have ITA and no longer wish to be nominated at this time.

All the best

Nice response. With d continuous drop in cutoff, Ontario should expect d turndowns and reduce their cutoff to 350 or something close in return. I see dat happening soon though.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by edababa007(m): 7:08pm On May 03, 2017
Penluv:

Thanks, Done. Q Life was telling me 25th... grin grin

They told me same thing.. I was like.........
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 03, 2017
Can I enter the pool while waiting for ECA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 8:08pm On May 03, 2017
No, you can't because you will be required to provide the date on your ECA result and your reference number.
prospecthomes:
Can I enter the pool while waiting for ECA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nikkycool(f): 8:50pm On May 03, 2017
yimiton:
No, you can't because you will be required to provide the date on your ECA result and your reference number.
Hello my people,please any updates on Nova Scotia re opening please?Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deeore: 8:58pm On May 03, 2017
Well i drafted mine myself using a format i saw online and den just went to seal n notarize it at a court..its cost me 2000naira only
Bimpsy99:
Hi all. Please I need practical experience from anyone who knows about a gift deed or has successfully used it. My question is that will I need to submit the bank statement of the gifter or evidence of where he got his money?
Is the notarized copy sufficient.?
Lastly, any idea of how much it will cost, I have a sample letter shared on this platform but how much does it cost to notarize it in Lagos.

Thanks

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.