Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,410 members, 7,839,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2625028 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by studyexec: 7:12pm On May 12, 2017
monique2002:
Finally got COPR!!!
ITA: Oct 19
AOR : Nov 22
Medicals passed : Nov 29
PPR: April 19
Sent in passport on April 28th
COPR: May 5

Congratulations....!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 7:25pm On May 12, 2017
40manlappy:

Congrats bro smiley

@Bimpsy99 How far?

@ajiifixing What did CRS give you on the new score?

Tnx Bro. Am relieved.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 7:30pm On May 12, 2017
toyinakande:
At last!!! Congrats oooo....lol

Thanks ooooo grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 7:38pm On May 12, 2017
mamatwiny:
Kindly advise .
I have an Eca that will expire july 2018. Can I use it to apply? I got the Eca when I wanted to do fsw but didn't later use it cos my mom was filled up b4 the Eca came out.
2. If yes, do I need to order another Eca report sent to Canada immigration address, bearing in mind that it was sent to them the time I initially did wes about 4 years ago.

I want to write ielts a month from today. The price is now 68k which is much. Can I write the exam, submit my application as primary applicant, submit to the pool, then wait for hubby to write and submit ielts and wes.

Nb-money is a problem cos we never planned for this. We will be taking up expenses as salary comes.

When it's time for proof of funds, we wil get friends to help. I have a properties I want to dispose but buyers are pricing it ridiculous amount due to recession. I may have sold some by then.

Please what is the crs cut off score for sinp and Nova scotia provincial np. I am in info tech while hubby is in construction, so am eligible for both

As long as it's still valid, you are good to go
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 7:39pm On May 12, 2017
@Fusion23....I want to believe u applied for express-entry program from a different country other than Nigeria. Pls confirm.

For those asking abt duration for processing after AOR, based on Wat I ve gathered, it depends on the Visa Office processing ur application. D official time is six months, however, a good offices like London processes faster. Sadly, applications from Nigeria are processed in Accra office, and they are d slowest of them all. So just put ur minds on six months. #Africathingmustdifferent. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 7:49pm On May 12, 2017
perks:
@Fusion23....I want to believe u applied for express-entry program from a different country other than Nigeria. Pls confirm.

For those asking abt duration for processing after AOR, based on Wat I ve gathered, it depends on the Visa Office processing ur application. D official time is six months, however, a good offices like London processes faster. Sadly, applications from Nigeria are processed in Accra office, and they are d slowest of them all. So just put ur minds on six months. #Africathingmustdifferent. grin

No Sir/Ma applied from Nigeria and after 28 days got passport Request if you read my post you will see more.
But you are right, I ordered my GGMS note or something like and found out that there was a work distribution my case was transferred to London but it sent my passport to Accra. I know somone that got it 3 months too from Nigeria but she sent her passport to London for stamping

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 7:50pm On May 12, 2017
monique2002:

Nice!! So where are you at? I plan on landing in Winnipeg
Cool has long as you got a good plan, Landed in Saskatchewan....got a job so moved to Ottawa

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 7:54pm On May 12, 2017
Fusion23:

No Sir/Ma applied from Nigeria and after 28 days got passport Request if you read my post you will see more.
But you are right, I ordered my GGMS note or something like and found out that there was a work distribution my case was transferred to London but it sent my passport to Accra. I know somone that got it 3 months too from Nigeria but she sent her passport to London for stamping

Oh nice. In dat case, there must be a distribution to London office for me too ooooo grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jumdah20: 8:08pm On May 12, 2017
Congratulations, I love good news.
deeore:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 8:10pm On May 12, 2017
perks:

Oh nice. In dat case, there must be a distribution to London office for me too ooooo grin

Lool have you submitted already? , just calm down it will come in no time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lacord5: 8:48pm On May 12, 2017
Fusion23:

Lool have you submitted already? , just calm down it will come in no time.

Bros I tap your blessings oo! I am poised to get ITA on the next draw by the grace of God. I have few questions

1. I have my Pof in Treasury bills which I did a month ago, I actually had that money fixed last year on a deposit and submitted the cert when I applied for study permit (was denied by the way). Do I need to wait for the tbills and my fixed deposits to be 3 months before applying? Note I fixed these funds for one year.

2. Work experience. I have about 8yrs experience in one NOC, but the place I spent the highest number of years...am not too sure about including it cos its not a salaried employment. But the previous places I worked is about a year and half for one, and 6months at the other. Making it 2yrs combined, I know using those 2 alone may decrease my points...please what do you suggest I do.

Iphie25 please if you are still here, I need your help! Will pm you.

Others please put mouth for this matter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jumdah20: 8:48pm On May 12, 2017
I had L 8.5, R 8.5 W 7 and S 7.5. I didn't even know listening had a big impact but my score is 397. I must be soooo old then not to get to over 400 mark, sigh. I'm 37.

Is there anything I can do to bump my score? I have a bsc and ICAN which is CIC useless

9jabiggurl:
Using the CRS tool i have discovered that to be in the 400 points and above you need minimum of L8, W7, R7, S7

Listening is very key for your CRS score. The difference between someone with 7.5 and 8 in listening is 50 points.

IELTS determines a very good CRS score.

Your best bet is L8, W7, R7, S7

Hope this helps....

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 8:55pm On May 12, 2017
lacord5:

Bros I tap your blessings oo! I am poised to get ITA on the next draw by the grace of God. I have few questions

1. I have my Pof in Treasury bills which I did a month ago, I actually had that money fixed last year on a deposit and submitted the cert when I applied for study permit (was denied by the way). Do I need to wait for the tbills and my fixed deposits to be 3 months before applying? Note I fixed these funds for one year.

2. Work experience. I have about 8yrs experience in one NOC, but the place I spent the highest number of years...am not too sure about including it cos its not a salaried employment. But the previous places I worked is about a year and half for one, and 6months at the other. Making it 2yrs combined, I know using those 2 alone may decrease my points...please what do you suggest I do.

Iphie25 please if you are still here, I need your help! Will pm you.

Others please put mouth for this matter.

Hi Sorry I cant help much my case wasnt complex at all
for proof of funds had the money for 6 months in my account so didn't even do letter of explanation for POF or gift deed

for Job Experience i used my NYSC one year and my Job over 2 years so pretty easy too.

But I will advise please make sure your information is always consistent from Express entry to PR application. If you can get the letters to show just 3 years experience even if u have 8 years experience with 4 jobs you can just use 3 years experience with just one job makes it easier , the rest will go to travel history.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 8:56pm On May 12, 2017
Jumdah20:
I had L 8.5, R 8.5 W 7 and S 7.5. I didn't even know listening had a big impact but my score is 397. I must be soooo old then not to get to over 400 mark, sigh. I'm 37.

Is there anything I can do to bump my score? I have a bsc and ICAN which is CIC useless

Use the crs score again and change your writing to 7.5 but leave others same . That may be your dilemma. When did you write your exam? Do you still have time to ask for a remark?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 12, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Only u qualify sir. Madam does not have the required work experience, but she can assist to boost ur scores by writing ielts
And ECA..if only him can get up to 430 ATM..no need for ielts and/or eca of spouse.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 12, 2017
Jumdah20:

No allow these bands to waste..check again when married to a masters holder who can do ielts gt well. May be it is time, bro. Or target PNP. I won't advise u to redo but if 7.5W change d 397 significantly, u might consider asking for a remark of it.

LOL at ur B.Sc + ICAN being IRCC-uselese! This is not funny though.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 12, 2017
Jumdah20:

No allow these bands to waste..check again when married to a masters holder who can do ielts gt well. May be it is time, bro. Or target PNPs. I won't advise u to redo but if 7.5W changes d 397 significantly, u might consider asking for a remark of it.

LOL at ur B.Sc + ICAN being IRCC-uselese! This is not funny though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ITABABE: 9:25pm On May 12, 2017
bigbroda:
Guyz, I have dis question to ask. After getting d visa to travel as a family with 2 kids, is it compulsory we all travel together i.e. at d same time?

I actually love to travel alone first, get settled while they come to join me probably within d first 6 month of staying there. Pls advise to avoid issues at d POE. Yet to get to dat stage though, just planning ahead ni.

One luv!
you all need to go for landing, they can now come back to Naija without you. This has to happen before your medical expires so you don't have to do another one
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jumdah20: 9:27pm On May 12, 2017
Thanks, will keep checking pnp and perhaps do ACCA.

quote author=elfmann post=56466203]
No allow these bands to waste..check again when married to a masters holder who can do ielts gt well. May be it is time, bro. Or target PNPs. I won't advise u to redo but if 7.5W changes d 397 significantly, u might consider asking for a remark of it.

LOL at ur B.Sc + ICAN being IRCC-uselese! This is not funny though.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:30pm On May 12, 2017
Jumdah20:

I took the liberty of using the CRS calculator to play around your profile but I realized that the following information were not available:

-Your marital status

-If married, has your spouse taken a language a test?

-What is your spouse highest level of education which you plan to evaluate?

You may consider remarking your Writing module if you are convinced that you did better. The most useful scores as per CRS calculator are SLRW 7.5/8.5/8/7 and you met all except writing.

Please answer the questions above.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jumdah20: 9:34pm On May 12, 2017
Okay i'll try this and see.

I guess one can't combine IELTS results like GCE, lol grin
optionese:

Use the crs score again and change your writing to 7.5 but leave others same . That may be your dilemma. When did you write your exam? Do you still have time to ask for a remark?
quote author=optionese post=56465736]
Use the crs score again and change your writing to 7.5 but leave others same . That may be your dilemma. When did you write your exam? Do you still have time to ask for a remark? [/quote] No time for remark again. I was quite ignorant of possibilities such as remarking at that time. But ice learnt so much now. Thanks to all you wonderful people
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jumdah20: 9:40pm On May 12, 2017
Oh great, I. Married to a masters holder who didn't do great at the IELTS though. 6 band. But I didn't push for a 're write because it can add only max 10 more scores.
40manlappy:

I took the liberty of using the CRS calculator to play around your profile but I realized that the following information were not available:

-Your marital status

-If married, has your spouse taken a language a test?

-What is your spouse highest level of education which you plan to evaluate?

You may consider remarking your Writing module if you are convinced that you did better. The most useful scores as per CRS calculator are SLRW 7.5/8.5/8/7 and you met all except writing.

Please answer the questions above.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by omesanni: 9:45pm On May 12, 2017
omesanni:
Hi,

I got ITA last week and I am currently uploading my documents online but there's something that's confusing me. Here's my educational history:

2008-2009 Masters
2005-2008 Bachelors
2004-2005 College(A levels)
1996-2002 Secondary School

In the PR form, they asked to enter secondary and post-secondary educational history. I don't know if I am required to enter all the educational institutions I have attended or just the ones I did ECA for? I did ECA for my bachelors and Masters and currently I have entered only those two in my educational history.

Also, while browsing on different forums, I have seen people say they got rejected because they only provided ECA for their highest level of education. I want to ask if I still need to provide evaluation for my college A levels or am good to go with just my bachelors and masters.

Also, when they say upload certificates, is it the certificates of all the educational instutions i attended or just the ones for which i did ECA for?

Thanks

Please can someone help me with answers to my questions above?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jumdah20: 9:48pm On May 12, 2017
I think youre fine with bacgelors and masters, abi seniors?
quote author=omesanni post=56467212]

Please can someone help me with answers to my questions above?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by odrims: 9:51pm On May 12, 2017
guys can I still apply? I just saw it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 12, 2017
ITABABE:
you all need to go for landing, they can now come back to Naija without you. This has to happen before your medical expires so you don't have to do another one

Thank u for your time and d response. How long does the medical last?

Secondly, how long can we stay back in Naija after being issued d visa before we travel?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:06pm On May 12, 2017
Jumdah20:
Oh great, I. Married to a masters holder who didn't do great at the IELTS though. 6 band. But I didn't push for a 're write because it can add only max 10 more scores.

I assume that you have at least 3 years of experience. With your spouse's IELTS band of 6, a remark to 7.5 in Writing may not make any difference so you can let go of possible guilt feeling.

However, if your spouse had gotten LSRW 8777, you would have crossed to 402 and possibly be eligible for Ontario PNP. Ontario plans to do weekly issuance of NOIs under the Human Capital Priorities stream but it requires a minimum of 400 points. Maybe you should encourage him to prepare well and rewrite IELTS to get a minimum of 8777.

If you have a sibling in Canada, you could also get an additional 15 marks starting from June 6 which will bump your current score to 412 but it is advisable that you start researching PNPs actively because CRS cutoff may start heading north from June.

Watch out for Nova Scotia PNP when it reopens but don't limit yourself to just the aforementioned. You can also Google Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program. All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by odrims: 10:23pm On May 12, 2017
please is application still on?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 10:27pm On May 12, 2017
Your spouse can be the principal applicant if she is younger ,has required experience and can also ace IELTS like you. Look at that possibility. If you guys can get atleast 400, OINP is an alternative. My friend got nominated less than 2 weeks after submission.
Jumdah20:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 10:47pm On May 12, 2017
mamatwiny:

Hahahah. Congrats.
We got a same day passport collection contact. 40k.
Hubby did his own on Wednesday. I will try and make out time to sneak from office to get my own as it expired March.

I just became serious with Canada immigration.
Hubby is now the one putting the fire after he heard the in-laws (elder brother mother in-laws) sent in 6million for acquisition of landed property. This is a woman that worked all her life in Naija, retired at 60 and could not build a family house with both him and his hubby Income. Woman has no education ooo. Less than 4 years in USA, her life just started.
Hubby says we are wasting here! The SIS in-laws Dr was a contract staff in a bank b4 relocating just dashed the elder brother n2milla. Our head just set scatter here. We need to make hard currency .

Also my very close friend just got sinp and has been issued prv . She will be leaving July. She told me when she started processing hers (around August) but I wasny interested cos I've been denied canny study visa twice, so I lost interest. Now, no me dry carry last.

You make it sound like it's gonna be too easy. The truth may not be far from this though but I advise we keep our optimism in check. We should be ready to really work hard to achieve the success we so much desire.

One thing is true though....we are all wasting away in this dead country cry

I know we will all live our Canadian dreams.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 12, 2017
40manlappy:

I assume that you have at least 3 years of experience. With your spouse's IELTS band of 6, a remark to 7.5 in Writing may not make any difference so you can let go of possible guilt feeling.

However, if your spouse had gotten LSRW 8777, you would have crossed to 402 and possibly be eligible for Ontario PNP. Ontario plans to do weekly issuance of NOIs under the Human Capital Priorities stream but it requires a minimum of 400 points. Maybe you should encourage him to prepare well and rewrite IELTS to get a minimum of 8777.

If you have a sibling in Canada, you could also get an additional 15 marks starting from June 6 which will bump your current score to 412 but it is advisable that you start researching PNPs actively because CRS cutoff may start heading north from June.

Watch out for Nova Scotia PNP when it reopens but don't limit yourself to just the aforementioned. You can also Google Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program. All the best!
Is it just sibling? Or the one with PR or citizenship?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by prettypolicy: 11:43pm On May 12, 2017
Hello good people, I've written ielts with l7s7r6.5w6.5 I'm 32 with a baby and married but I don't want to go with my husband for now. I have a master's degree. What are my chances. I have gone through previous posts but I want my case treated specifically. Consider me your junior and inexperienced in all this. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.