Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2606404 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ajiifixing(m): 12:00pm On Jun 14, 2017
optionese:

@mummyjaygirls this info is not correct. When you are filling details for your children, the question is to name any family member who is not included in this application. So you ought not to fill any family member for your child as I am assuming that both parents are in the application.

You are right Optionese.
I just saw it ."THAT HAS NOT BEEN INCLUDED ".

Please are we to fill in details of all expired passport ?
Are we also to scan all the stamped pages ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 12:01pm On Jun 14, 2017
XX01:

Does it really matter? If he uses that first degree to get ITA does he need a higher evaluation?

Oga move, if you don't understand what am talking about please don't comment. Did I say he cannot get ITA with his degree assessed as first Bachelor's degree?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 12:02pm On Jun 14, 2017
ajiifixing:

You are right Optionese.
I just saw it ."THAT HAS NOT BEEN INCLUDED ".

Please are we to fill in details of all expired passport ?
Are we also to scan all the stamped pages ?

Yes expired passport with stamps (read as visa stamps) sorry modified any page of the passport that was stamped should be scanned
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrOba: 12:04pm On Jun 14, 2017
So if for example my candidate number is 4444 it would be 17NG004444 right?

bigbroda:

17 Sist! As in 17NG0.... U should have had yours by now. Oh.... U in one of those British Council office cities and yet to pick it up I guess. I actually made a guess of the certificate number before arrival by using 16 on my EE profile but got 2 things wrong, I had to go back to correct it. Two zeros were also added before the exam number, I added one. Yours might be different though. I think the exam digits should be six in number hence the reason for 2 zeros. It's 17NG0... once again.

All da best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 12:08pm On Jun 14, 2017
optionese:

Oga move, if you don't understand what am talking about please don't comment. Did I say he cannot get ITA with his degree assessed as first Bachelor's degree?

You, stand one side Abeg. If you cannot share ideas without getting testy, don't reply.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irewole1: 12:13pm On Jun 14, 2017
Good day Gurus! Please help, trying to know what evaluation is given to HND by WES, so I can do CRS evaluation trial?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jesuba: 12:14pm On Jun 14, 2017
I cant remember, its been a while. In Ghana, LLB is a bachelors degree although its specialized in law exclusively unlike some common law jurisdiction where you can add other areas to it. Obtaining the BL makes you a professional. And WES doesn't assess the BL for obvious reasons. Like I said, the jurisdictions may have an impact on how it is viewed. But thanks for the info.
optionese:

Ok o., so when you filled your form did you refer to it as a professional degree? The equivalency says Bachelor's degree. Mine from says it's "compares to the completion of a first professional university degree in law."
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 12:17pm On Jun 14, 2017
It's like we have forgotten the Canadian Express Entry is a point based system. Every factor of your life is counted on point and that gives you the maximum desired score.

People are now getting carried away with the low scores and not not maximising their points. I hope for all our sakes the low points continue to be consistent.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 12:18pm On Jun 14, 2017
Jesuba:
I cant remember, its been a while. In Ghana, LLB is a bachelors degree although its specialized in law exclusively unlike some common law jurisdiction where you can add other areas to it. Obtaining the BL makes you a professional. And WES doesn't assess the BL for obvious reasons. Like I said, the jurisdictions may have an impact on how it is viewed. But thanks for the info.

You already submitted your ITA? You have nothing to worry about then.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ednut1(m): 12:18pm On Jun 14, 2017
please my people, for the skilled worker program, proof of funds for a single person would be ? . http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 12:21pm On Jun 14, 2017
ednut1:
please my people, for the skilled worker program, proof of funds for a single person would be ? . http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

The website you are quoting has the answer to your question.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by merrymum: 12:24pm On Jun 14, 2017
ednut1:

$12,300
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 12:25pm On Jun 14, 2017
chai... i catch u today ednut1 grin grin grin grin

ednut1:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ednut1(m): 12:34pm On Jun 14, 2017
primeson1:
chai... i catch u today ednut1 grin grin grin grin

baba dey der na

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ednut1(m): 12:36pm On Jun 14, 2017
optionese:

The website you are quoting has the answer to your question.
just want to be sure, didnt see any refence to single person. d first option 1 could mean , the person and 1 family member na grin. thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 12:43pm On Jun 14, 2017
ednut1:
just want to be sure, didnt see any refence to single person. d first option 1 could mean , the person and 1 family member na grin. thanks

Oghene Migwo!!!!!!!!! This answer is doing my body somehow. I typed one long answer and deleted it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ajiifixing(m): 12:50pm On Jun 14, 2017
optionese:

Oghene Migwo!!!!!!!!! This answer is doing my body somehow. I typed [b]one long answer [/b]and deleted it.

Parental Guidance abi? grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2017
Thanks a lot! You're the best. Changing it right away, who knows there might still be a draw today.

bigbroda:

17 Sist! As in 17NG0.... U should have had yours by now. Oh.... U in one of those British Council office cities and yet to pick it up I guess. I actually made a guess of the certificate number before arrival by using 16 on my EE profile but got 2 things wrong, I had to go back to correct it. Two zeros were also added before the exam number, I added one. Yours might be different though. I think the exam digits should be six in number hence the reason for 2 zeros. It's 17NG0... once again.

All da best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2017
ajiifixing:

Parental Guidance abi? grin grin grin grin

LOL perhaps
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2017
XX01:

Does it really matter? If he uses that first degree to get ITA does he need a higher evaluation?

Yes it does matter...especially if he/she chose "first professional degree" option as his educational equivalent while completing the express entry form. In such a case, having an ECA wit "bachelors degree" equivalence will necessitate a recalculation of his CRS using the appropriate score for d equivalence on his ECA. Should the new CRS fall below the cut off point for his/her round of invitation, the application will be rejected.....

So pls let us he careful and read the thread as suggested...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AlexanderGreat(m): 1:17pm On Jun 14, 2017
Hello house. For my proof of funds, I have an investement account that holds 1/3rd of my LICO. I'll be using a gift deed from my mom for the remaining 2/3rd. I want to find out if my mom can transfer directly to my investment account and I make use of the statement of account and reference letter from the investment bank.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 14, 2017
MrOba:

Yes boss!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 14, 2017
yimiton:
Thanks a lot! You're the best. Changing it right away, who knows there might still be a draw today.

U r welcome. All da best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Justiyke4u: 1:50pm On Jun 14, 2017
perks:

Learned counsel, am sure u ve d answer u require but just want further affirmation. Lawyers only need to assess LL.B. And IQAS is d preferred body for us.
lol. My learned friend, thanks for that clarification, though I just got to know after going through the colleague's previous posts

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 1:54pm On Jun 14, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

Yes it does matter...especially if he/she chose "first professional degree" option as his educational equivalent while completing the express entry form. In such a case, having an ECA wit "bachelors degree" equivalence will necessitate a recalculation of his CRS using the appropriate score for d equivalence on his ECA. Should the new CRS fall below the cut off point for his/her round of invitation, the application will be rejected.....

So pls let us he careful and read the thread as suggested...

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 14, 2017
DatechMan:

Please I need your help to pay for WES Assessment.

@PrinceLatona on twitter
Old boy, I no do twitter again. Hit me at elfmann21@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Zilifish: 2:10pm On Jun 14, 2017
Pls can i use a duplex that belongs to my parents but will be in my name as proof of funds? Will a valuation suffice?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2017
XX01:

So long as he puts bachelors degree of 4 yrs as it is on his ECA and not as first professional degree..no elele but we don't know if VOs have noted this WES-IQAS wording difference as same.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 14, 2017
Zilifish:
Pls can i use a duplex that belongs to my parents but will be in my name as proof of funds? Will a valuation suffice?

Cash or Cash equivalent only I believe, a house is not something one can sell urgently in case you need liquid cash. I think you should sell the house (or other asset), transfer the funds to your account and show proof of the sale with your name on it of course, then back with a LOE.

I may be wrong, others can throw more light.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 2:29pm On Jun 14, 2017
Zilifish:

I'll advise you avoid using this if you can even though CIC states that documents that show property [/b]is acceptable.

Canadavisa forum also confirms that: [b]This is totally acceptable by CIC and they appreciate that you may not have actually sold the property at the point you are required to supply this information. You should get your property valued by three independent companies. These can be real estate agents, property valuation companies, etc. Make sure you get the valuation on letter headed paper and signed. If you send the valuations then CIC can see how much equity you have available.

Again I say, let this be your last resort - a final course of action, used only when all else has failed.

Snrs - I stand to be corrected smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by realasa1: 3:07pm On Jun 14, 2017
please, what if one party does not have the 1 year min.work experience?
AlexanderGreat:

You both should use the CRS tool to check separately. And see who would have the higher score (you two might need to take IELTS to really know who would have the higher CRS). The CRS is also based on who has the higher level of education. Once this is determined, the person with the higher CRS should apply for Express Entry. After the applicant gets ITA, submits his/her PR application and gets AOR, you both should go to the registry and get your marriage certificate. Then inform IRCC of the change in status. That way you both the PR together. This method saves cost of applying separately.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 14, 2017
MrOba:

your result will be 17NG4444(THE FIRST THREE LETTERS OF YOUR SURNAME AND THE FIRST LETTER OF YOUR FIRST NAME)150

SO LETS SAY YOUR SURNAME IS ADEYEMI AND YOUR FIRST NAME IS OLAYINKA , this is what your result number will look like

17NG4444ADEO150

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.