Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (631) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2604886 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:59pm On Jul 11, 2017
perks:

Yes you can use d 25% of ur pensions account if it covers d balance. It's been stated here before. Check for @Boss13's attachment from CIC.

Pension can be used as "supporting funds" not as PoF as it's not readily available. Anyways, what do I know lipsrsealed make we all sha reach Canada be d koko

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Marvi4real: 9:14pm On Jul 11, 2017
Yooku:

Got it sorted out now. Thanks!
Please how did u sort it out , I am having similar issues

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Onlineise(m): 9:41pm On Jul 11, 2017
Hey People,

I just wan use God beg una, now that it seems we have more people expecting PR nowadays than in the pool waiting for ITA or yet to submit, please please please and pleaseeeeee, MEDICALS, ADRs, BGs and anything at all (even if its that you can't log on to your CIC page), please make una dey update am with timeline...it will give some hope and allow anybody with same time line or issue to know the wind is blowing towards thier direction small small.

Please dont just read and go, or ask question and disappear. ejoooor!

cry cry

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yokus(f): 9:58pm On Jul 11, 2017
Thanks sir/ma
Pls what if the space for my travel history is not enough, cos it asked for travel history in the past 10years. The 6 boxes is quite insufficient. How do i attach extra pages if i want and upload or should i print out the form and write it manually?

mikkyphp:

It is an editable PDF document. Try to download the form on your PC, and open it with the most recent version of Acrobat Reader. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 10:20pm On Jul 11, 2017
yokus:
Thanks sir/ma
Pls what if the space for my travel history is not enough, cos it asked for travel history in the past 10years. The 6 boxes is quite insufficient. How do i attach extra pages if i want and upload or should i print out the form and write it manually?

Hi - I believe you are trying to fill out a schedule A. The instruction on the form states that attach extra sheets (if need be) and write your name (etc.) and the number of the question you are answering at the top of each sheet (I haven't exactly gotten the wording but that's the gist).

Once you are done, scan it all in as a single PDF and upload into the space provided in your CIC account.

If it's not a schedule A, then kindly disregard my comment.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yokus(f): 10:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
Thanks. I must be exhausted from all the failed attempts at even getting the form A itself. I downloaded, uninstalled and redownloaded multiple times before i finally got it to open. I know that i read it and conciously looked for the instruction a couple of times but suddenly didnt find it, not knowing that i had not scrolled to the top. I wish us all God's

If it's not a schedule A, then kindly disregard my comment. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 10:40pm On Jul 11, 2017
What is the difference between proof of funds and supporting funds pls? Pensions was referred to in the document that was shared in line with POF. I was thinking that being that we'll require it to make up only the balance of 20% and not the entire POF, that it might be ok. Do you mean even that might not be unacceptable.

MummyJaygirls:

Pension can be used as "supporting funds" not as PoF as it's not readily available. Anyways, what do I know lipsrsealed make we all sha reach Canada be d koko
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Guapo(m): 11:23pm On Jul 11, 2017
Dear all, I have been a silent follower of the discussion and I've been able to get this far as a result of the information yout have all shared. Thanks for this.

My application deadline is upon me but I'm in a dilemma. I have finally gotten the required funds but it is in two accounts I have with a bank. I got the funds through gifts from friends and families and some payments I got doing tax returns for clients on an informal arrangement.

Looking at the different sources of the funds, I intended to just get all the money in a single account and get a gift deed...I don't want complex paperwork. My bank agreed to issue a letter as per IRCC guideline. But then if my bank provides the balances of the two account, it would reveal spikes in balances. The main account can be explained with the gift deed, but how do I explain that of the second account?

Should I just get the letter based on one account that can be explained with a gift deed? Will IRCC find out the other account?

Please note that no loans were taken, I just need to understand how to present my POF without suspicion.

I'll appreciate various suggestions from experienced applicants.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 11:41pm On Jul 11, 2017
sammyacbxyz:
Money in ur account is not enough. I.e standard chartered bank charges 3% of the amount u want to pay. They call it conversion rate or something. Make sure u have this amount plus the amount u want to pay in ur domiciliary account

No, the issue was my own doing...I was entering some card details incorrectly hence the unsuccessful payment. How did you know I was using Stanchart card by the way? I'm very puzzled by this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 11:43pm On Jul 11, 2017
Marvi4real:

Please how did u sort it out , I am having similar issues

I was entering wrong card info in the payment portal. That's why it was getting declined. You might want to double check on this....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by DatechMan(m): 11:50pm On Jul 11, 2017
Sequel to my ordeal with WES payment, in which my payment was marked as fraud, I finally got back on track.

I had to contact a friend in Manitoba to help purchase a Money Order. However, I have been in a state of apprehension since last week that the money order has been sent, it didn't get acknowledged up till some minutes ago. Remember they threatened to contact CIC if I didn't meet the 2-week deadline.

Most unbelievably, a DM to their twitter handle did the magic within minutes.
Anybody got any issues with WESCanada, feel free to DM them @WESCanada

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 12:14am On Jul 12, 2017
DatechMan:
Sequel to my ordeal with WES payment, in which my payment was marked as fraud, I finally got back on track.

I had to contact a friend in Manitoba to help purchase a Money Order. However, I have been in a state of apprehension since last week that the money order has been sent, it didn't get acknowledged up till some minutes ago. Remember they threatened to contact CIC if I didn't meet the 2-week deadline.

I hope you put your friend straight though... that was a very risky thing he did with your application.
Very bad!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by philip3(m): 5:34am On Jul 12, 2017
Hello. just received a mail from wes that unilag has been contacted for verification. just wanted to find out from anyone if it is sent by mail or email and is unilag responsive to such requests?
cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:06am On Jul 12, 2017
Yooku:

No, the issue was my own doing...I was entering some card details incorrectly hence the unsuccessful payment. How did you know I was using Stanchart card by the way? I'm very puzzled by this

I guess he was using Stanchart as an example but wrongly used i.e. instead of e.g. It was just a coincident I believe. No fear bros! Na u b d IT guy? What's your NOC? Mine is 2282.

Enjoy!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 6:40am On Jul 12, 2017
DatechMan:

Congratulations! Gist us na, what did the first friend say happened grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by juliebabs: 6:46am On Jul 12, 2017
I have been checking out the walls but couldn't find the procedure for certificate assessment for doctors... Somebody help...

Pls go to search, type VCOLE name, then click on it. Search her posts way back to last year ending. She has a detailed step by step method which I used.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 6:50am On Jul 12, 2017
yimiton:
What is the difference between proof of funds and supporting funds pls? Pensions was referred to in the document that was shared in line with POF. I was thinking that being that we'll require it to make up only the balance of 20% and not the entire POF, that it might be ok. Do you mean even that might not be unacceptable.

Cic says N100 for an applicant, u have N80 and want to make up with N20 from pension that is not readily accessible, cic MAY frown at that(as we've seen in some cases)

However, if u have ur N100 PoF complete and u also attach ur 25% pension money as jara, cic won't complain.

Just to be safe, try and get ur 20% balance from somewhere or someone, let accompanying spouse send it to the PoF account, attach letter saying it's his/her contribution to the movement. After u submit return the 20% to its original source.

It's better to be safe than sorry, but like I said "what do I know" na my own I talk. You may or may not do as I've suggested. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 7:10am On Jul 12, 2017
juliebabs:
I have been checking out the walls but couldn't find the procedure for certificate assessment for doctors... Somebody help...

Pls go to search, type VCOLE name, then click on it. Search her posts way back to last year ending. She has a detailed step by step method which I used.

vcole:
Hey! Fancy meeting you here all the way from the other missionary thread. lol!
Well, I am yet to start an application......still sitting on the fence.
Anyway, we do not evaluate our credentials through WES. its done through mcc Canada. Check out their site for info. www.mcc.ca
Thus far, i have gathered the following info as regards an MBBS ECA.
1)open an account on www.physiciansapply.ca a $278 non-refundable fee is charged.
2)request for a source verification (svr) of your qualification on the physicians apply site (this is done through ECFMG). It costs $157.
3)Send mcc a copy of your mbbs degree and a cover letter (downloaded from your physicians apply account) via courier.
4)2-3 working days after receiving no. 3, ECFMG sends a request for a source verification of your degree to your school via regular mail (with a copy of your degree, a form to be filled and a pre-addressed envelope). If the school does not respond within 60 days, they will send another request to the school. At this point you can opt for a courier delivery to your school. They will only repeat this step 4 up to a maximum of 3 times.
5)ECFMG responds to your school and processes your verification within 20 working days and then you can proceed to step 6.
6)Request for an ECA from mcc. this would cost $102 and would take 21 working days to process.
7)Pay a courier fee for delivery of your ECA to Nigeria (about $140).
Note that step 2 may take as long as 100 days or more seeing as most Nigerian schools claim not to receive this mail. To speed up your process, you wanna keep tabs on your school right after ecfmg requests for a source verification and ensure they check their mail and then you pay for a courier delivery back to ecfmg.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by winter(f): 8:23am On Jul 12, 2017
hello people
quick one.... nigerian police report comes as a certificate and the fingerprinted forms you filled. should i upload both in my eAPR or just the certificate. thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cheriesparkle: 8:25am On Jul 12, 2017
Good morning house

Please i have my first degree Bsc. In Business Management. And my second degree MBA is same business Management. Both from the University of Sunderland in the UK. Please where should i evaluate my Certificates that would give me more points? WES OR IQAS?

Please need urgent response
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superdoll: 8:34am On Jul 12, 2017
Hello everyone,
Finally got my MBA statement of result earlier this week. Programme started 2011. To get result has been back and forth especially since I have left the location. Also school has been on strike since last yr but resumed last week.
I have a problem which is that they omitted my middle name entirely on the statement of result. Not even an abbreviation of it, dey only wrote my surname and first name.(maiden name) Please what do I do?
I am in the process of iqas verification, was hoping to fax it today.
Gurus please help!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 8:44am On Jul 12, 2017
Both
winter:
hello people
quick one.... nigerian police report comes as a certificate and the fingerprinted forms you filled. should i upload both in my eAPR or just the certificate. thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 8:47am On Jul 12, 2017
yimiton:

Yimiton, please stop worrying yourself. Sometimes back, someone uploaded a section of letter of rejection (I think). In the letter, it was clearly stated that they are aware the applicant is entitled to 25% of the pension fund. Thus, they have calculated and added that portion to the POF, yet, the sum didn't come up to the required amount! If it was stated that, they are aware of the 25% then why worry yourself? Again, I think in this referred instance, the VO added the 25% on his own thinking without the applicant mentioning it.
I would advice as its been stressed before, that you do a simple calculation (in tabular form) in your LOE stating what amount is coming from Tbills, your dom account and the pension fund. Then remember to do a Total column and probably add another column for required amount. I believe the details in tabular form will give easy and fast understanding, back this up with a worded explanation.
If i were in your shoes, my dear, I will worry less about having required amount.
My opinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 8:48am On Jul 12, 2017
Ommission of your middle name shouldn't be a problem. Provided the other names on the certificate match name on your international passport(or affidavit of change of name, if you have ever changed) and other documents, you are good.
superdoll:
Hello everyone,
Finally got my MBA statement of result earlier this week. Programme started 2011. To get result has been back and forth especially since I have left the location. Also school has been on strike since last yr but resumed last week.
I have a problem which is that they omitted my middle name entirely on the statement of result. Not even an abbreviation of it, dey only wrote my surname and first name.(maiden name) Please what do I do?
I am in the process of iqas verification, was hoping to fax it today.
Gurus please help!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 8:56am On Jul 12, 2017
Thanks for taking your time to explain. I also felt that way and that was why I brought the case here for other people's opinion.

MummyJaygirls:

Cic says N100 for an applicant, u have N80 and want to make up with N20 from pension that is not readily accessible, cic MAY frown at that(as we've seen in some cases)

However, if u have ur N100 PoF complete and u also attach ur 25% pension money as jara, cic won't complain.

Just to be safe, try and get ur 20% balance from somewhere or someone, let accompanying spouse send it to the PoF account, attach letter saying it's his/her contribution to the movement. After u submit return the 20% to its original source.

It's better to be safe than sorry, but like I said "what do I know" na my own I talk. You may or may not do as I've suggested. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 8:59am On Jul 12, 2017
philip3:
Hello. just received a mail from wes that unilag has been contacted for verification. just wanted to find out from anyone if it is sent by mail or email and is unilag responsive to such requests?
cheers.

Hello Phillip, I'd appreciate you please update on any progress made (either with WES or Unilag). I got same mail yesterday, so we should advance at almost same pace(and time).
I intend having a short stop in school before this week runs out though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cheriesparkle: 9:05am On Jul 12, 2017
Please can someone help my small confusion

embarassed

Good morning house

Please i have my first degree Bsc. In Business Management. And my second degree MBA is same business Management. Both from the University of Sunderland in the UK. Please where should i evaluate my Certificates that would give me more points? WES OR IQAS?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 9:06am On Jul 12, 2017
Thanks a million! I really appreciate your response, particularly the part about explaining the PoF in a table. That will make it much more straight forward and easy to understand

Kontagious:

Yimiton, please stop worrying yourself. Sometimes back, someone uploaded a section of letter of rejection (I think). In the letter, it was clearly stated that they are aware the applicant is entitled to 25% of the pension fund. Thus, they have calculated and added that portion to the POF, yet, the sum didn't come up to the required amount! If it was stated that, they are aware of the 25% then why worry yourself? Again, I think in this referred instance, the VO added the 25% on his own thinking without the applicant mentioning it.
I would advice as its been stressed before, that you do a simple calculation (in tabular form) in your LOE stating what amount is coming from Tbills, your dom account and the pension fund. Then remember to do a Total column and probably add another column for required amount. I believe the details in tabular form will give easy and fast understanding, back this up with a worded explanation.
If i were in your shoes, my dear, I will worry less about having required amount.
My opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 9:08am On Jul 12, 2017
winter:
hello people

Upload both - better safe than sorry wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flyhigh1881: 9:14am On Jul 12, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Congratulations! Gist us na, what did the first friend say happened grin

Mummyjaygirls, your post are always funny but quite informative too. You too like gist. E be like say you go sabi gist for state and country smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ENGRDUDU89(m): 9:15am On Jul 12, 2017
Good morning guys,
Thanks for all the informations on this thread.Who have done his/her wes/iqas evaluation of UI msters.Pls I need your contact at the pg school and how you went about it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 9:17am On Jul 12, 2017
Cheriesparkle:
Please can someone help my small confusion

embarassed

Good morning house

Thanks.

I think you should use WES as you already have a masters that's the second highest. The highest is a PHD so I'll advise WES plus WES is pretty fast with UK degrees.

(1) (2) (3) ... (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.