Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2605466 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 12:29pm On Feb 17, 2016
hartson:

Hello house,in this case,If he use his spouse as the principal applicant since she has a better score won't it work? or must the principal applicant and the spouse( he or she) have band 6 in all the modules.I think the minimum requirement should be that the principal applicant should have a min of 6 in all bands then the spouse a min of 5.5 in all bands.I stand to be corrected tho.this is what somebody told me an immigration agent in canada told him.could it be true?

This is a skilled worker program, you can't apply if you have zero W/E. The min a principal applicant can have is 1year W/E, regardless of Language score.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 12:48pm On Feb 17, 2016
jarkbauer:

Zandora.I wrote to WES, they told me they can not rectify it with birth certificate. That they only deal with records from school.

You should have sent an affidavit along the birth certificate to WES to buttress your position. However, the way it is now, i guess you still go ahead and get a court affidavit or notarize a photocopy of ur birth certificate, and include a LoE on this matter when you apply, then pray.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 1:52pm On Feb 17, 2016
Garykasparov:

This is a skilled worker program, you can't apply if you have zero W/E. The min a principal applicant can have is 1year W/E, regardless of Language score.

I made my observation base on the score the dude and his spouse had.I forgot he mentioned that his partner have not worked before.your view is noted.Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:05pm On Feb 17, 2016
TheArchangel:
Good morning landlord, please how about Nigerian trained registered nurses and midwife? What's the steps to take?
Thank you, waiting for your response.

It's the same process. Pay for your evaluation on WES website, get a reference code and then go to your schools(i advise you get both nursing and midwifery transcripts sent to WES), tell them to send your transcripts to WES and they should include on the cover letter the reference number you got from WES. Ensure you know someone there who can help fasttrak things as WES will send back to your schools to verify your transcripts, the person you know there should help you fasttrack the reply, thats when WES will then do the evaluation. In the meantime, go to British Council website and register for IELTS Exam but dont pay online for it, get a bank draft of the amount for the exam as stated on their website and address it to B

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:08pm On Feb 17, 2016
TheArchangel:
Good morning landlord, please how about Nigerian trained registered nurses and midwife? What's the steps to take?
Thank you, waiting for your response.

It's the same process. Pay for your evaluation on WES website, get a reference code and then go to your schools(i advise you get both nursing and midwifery transcripts sent to WES), tell them to send your transcripts to WES and they should include on the cover letter the reference number you got from WES. Ensure you know someone there who can help fasttrak things as WES will send back to your schools to verify your transcripts, the person you know there should help you fasttrack the reply, thats when WES will then do the evaluation. In the meantime, go to British Council website and register for IELTS Exam but dont pay online for it, get a bank draft of the amount for the exam as stated on their website and address it to British Council. Take it to their office and pay for the exam and get materials to prepare. You must not score less than 6 in each segment of the exam but believe me, you need more than that, try to score 10/10. When you have both the WES and your IELTS result, then you can apply to immigrate to Canada
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TheArchangel(f): 4:14pm On Feb 17, 2016
JesusDWay:

It's the same process. Pay for your evaluation on WES website, get a reference code and then go to your schools(i advise you get both nursing and midwifery transcripts sent to WES), tell them to send your transcripts to WES and they should include on the cover letter the reference number you got from WES. Ensure you know someone there who can help fasttrak things as WES will send back to your schools to verify your transcripts, the person you know there should help you fasttrack the reply, thats when WES will then do the evaluation. In the meantime, go to British Council website and register for IELTS Exam but dont pay online for it, get a bank draft of the amount for the exam as stated on their website and address it to British Council. Take it to their office and pay for the exam and get materials to prepare. You must not score less than 6 in each segment of the exam but believe me, you need more than that, try to score 10/10. When you have both the WES and your IELTS result, then you can apply to immigrate to Canada
thanks so much. Do you have any idea how much both will cost? IELTS AND WES??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 5:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
TheArchangel:
thanks so much. Do you have any idea how much both will cost? IELTS AND WES??

52k IELTS. For WES, depending on whether you want them to send the evaluation to you by normal mail or courier, it could be either 233 or 322CAD. However, that is aside the money you will pay your schools for your transcripts and the money you will pay either for school to send the transcripts for you or you will collect it by hand and send by yourself. They will still send back your schools for verification and you need to have someone there monitoring it for you so that school can reply to it on time and, you will have to also pay for the sending of the reply(depends on your school tho but i advise you get it and send by courier - Fedex preferably as its pocket friendly and takes just 3days)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by guiddoti: 1:44am On Feb 18, 2016
JesusDWay:

52k IELTS. For WES, depending on whether you want them to send the evaluation to you by normal mail or courier, it could be either 233 or 322CAD. However, that is aside the money you will pay your schools for your transcripts and the money you will pay either for school to send the transcripts for you or you will collect it by hand and send by yourself. They will still send back your schools for verification and you need to have someone there monitoring it for you so that school can reply to it on time and, you will have to also pay for the sending of the reply(depends on your school tho but i advise you get it and send by courier - Fedex preferably as its pocket friendly and takes just 3days)
Bro, God bless you. I have been trying to figure out how things work. pls I got msc subsea, should I send only msc degree to WES or both bsc n msc.
what if my school send the transcript, will it need verification again?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 4:18am On Feb 18, 2016
guiddoti:
Bro, God bless you. I have been trying to figure out how things work. pls I got msc subsea, should I send only msc degree to WES or both bsc n msc.

Try to pre-evaluate your MSc credential using the online evaluator on WES, Canada's website. If your MSc is considered an equivalence of a Canadian Master's then proceed to evaluate only that (your MSc). But if otherwise, you will need to evaluate both degrees.

Whether or not WES sends verification mails to your school is at their discretion and not a function of whether your institution sends your credentials to them or not.

You just go ahead and begin the process.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 18, 2016
Hello Irondome,

I also have a foreign masters done online. Does the grade of the degree matter in the evaluation i.e. distinction, merit and pass?

Thanks

irondome:

The question is? Have you guys done your credential evaluation with WES? If no, you might want to start from there. If affirmative, then you can go ahead to create your EE profile (i.e enter into the pool). You do NOT need a transcript to enter the pool; in fact, you do not an ECA to enter the pool, however, you would not be awarded the much needed points for your degree.

From your point above, I can infer you may not have done your ECA, I would suggest you assess just your Masters (especially if it's a foreign master); that way, you do not have to wait for your BSc. CIC awards points based on highest qualification, as such, you would be getting all the points possible for your degrees.

Congrat on the baby you have on the way, I don't think that would be a problem; one step at a time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 11:43am On Feb 18, 2016
ariolaoluwa:
Hello Irondome,

I also have a foreign masters done online. Does the grade of the degree matter in the evaluation i.e. distinction, merit and pass?

Thanks

No the grade doesn't matter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MJBA: 1:27pm On Feb 18, 2016
Hello house, congrats Zandora, hoping to also join up soon, I'v got sm enquiries pertaining to WES, I received a mail about verification of my documents wc I'v handled bt want to know if a request for transcript verification will be required wen WES receive my transcript from my institution, cos I reali want my evaluation done asap so as to be able to get into the EE pool. Thnx house
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 2:45pm On Feb 18, 2016
guiddoti:

If its a Nigerian school, verification will be needed by WES. If it's abroad(i can talk for Europe and America), never seen verification needed for schools from those countries. If your Msc is from Europe or America, you may ask your school to send your transcripts to WES(ensure you give them the reference number WES will give you after you must have paid, that they should quote it on the cover note for the transcripts), while you send a copy of your certificate(quoting same reference number on it) by fax(fastest and cheapest means) to WES as well. You should have your evaluation done in at most a month.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boozerati: 3:20pm On Feb 18, 2016
Hello,
Please I need your help. My question may have been answered somewhere but i cant seem to follow up the thread.
My wife is an RN here in Nigeria. we have applied for the express entry but our score is quite low to receive an ITA. Please what means can we use to boos our score? it seems very limited provinces are in need of RN's.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 6:13pm On Feb 18, 2016
JesusDWay:

If its a Nigerian school, verification will be needed by WES. If it's abroad(i can talk for Europe and America), never seen verification needed for schools from those countries. If your Msc is from Europe or America, you may ask your school to send your transcripts to WES(ensure you give them the reference number WES will give you after you must have paid, that they should quote it on the cover note for the transcripts), while you send a copy of your certificate(quoting same reference number on it) by fax(fastest and cheapest means) to WES as well. You should have your evaluation done in at most a month.

Verification is done with all schools regardless of the country. My Master's is from the UK and WES verified my transcript with my school.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 6:15pm On Feb 18, 2016
Boozerati:
Hello,
Please I need your help. My question may have been answered somewhere but i cant seem to follow up the thread.
My wife is an RN here in Nigeria. we have applied for the express entry but our score is quite low to receive an ITA. Please what means can we use to boos our score? it seems very limited provinces are in need of RN's.

Either you both get the maximum scores in ielts or PNP.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
zandora:

zandora, I just sent you a PM please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:25pm On Feb 18, 2016
zandora:

Verification is done with all schools regardless of the country. My Master's is from the UK and WES verified my transcript with my school.

Maybe your case is peculiar, yours is the first I'm seeing actually. No one ever reported theirs were verified, I at least know 2 people
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walexlo78: 11:27pm On Feb 18, 2016
Hi house, sometime in dec i posted this "My score is LRWS 8.5,8,6.5,8. Can i get max CRS point for language with this? Thanks".

My reason for coming back now is to share with the house that asking for a remark when one has a strong conviction is not a bad idea. I challenged my writing score and few days ago i got it reviewed to 7 so now got a crs of 422 though still low for ITA but can go other means. I read almost no positive info about remark online but refused to be discouraged. Wish everyone goodluck.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackkie: 11:29pm On Feb 18, 2016
Three things to do:-

1. Score high marks in the IELTS
2. Have a post graduate degree
3. Go through PNP

Ok. I can better in the IELTS exams but I have only but HND and PNP - all I have to do is to get someone to nominate me?

zandora:

Yes you can only if you don't mind scoring low, you intend to achieve the highest possible score in each band and have a post graduate degree or you intend to go through the PNP route.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackkie: 12:00am On Feb 19, 2016
This is what I have been looking for!

JesusDWay:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackkie: 12:33am On Feb 19, 2016
Oga, i do not understand how this PNP works.

Do I need to be in the EE pool before I can go for it or there is another process for it?

zandora:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by akyinka: 2:39am On Feb 19, 2016
Hello house, i hv been going thru this thread for few days now, kudos to u guys for d wonderful job.
My issue is i dont seem to qualify for EE based on d evaluation frm d immegration site. Pls what can be done? I also came across another programm (Quebec skilled worker). Can someone pls enlighten me more. I am a jjc in this business. Thanks

Cc: Zandora
Cc: JesusDway
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 19, 2016
Zandora Congrats on your new Job.. now you're fully settled. i knew you had it in you even though you were a bit worried. The sky is your stepping board. Go on and excel

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MJBA: 10:48am On Feb 19, 2016
Hello everyone, how many days after receipt of transcript will WES send request for verification nd will I get a mail to dt effect or will knw thru my WES acct. Thnx for ur response in adv.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 19, 2016
MJBA:
Hello everyone, how many days after receipt of transcript will WES send request for verification nd will I get a mail to dt effect or will knw thru my WES acct. Thnx for ur response in adv.

It depends on how soon all your documents gets to them and the amount of work on their hands. estmated time frame for evaluation is 20 days, but cos of the verification, it might take longer. The most important thing is for the document to get to them and for them to relay back to your school. thereafter you go back to your school to speed up the process. i've been on mine for the past two months. and yet to get the
ECA. But wes sends a mail to the applicant the very day they send the verification mail/post to the issuing institution.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 19, 2016
Hey folks, i have a BTech degree in Quantity Surveying and currently doing my masters in Construction Project management in Heriot Watt University, with a year and some months experience in construction industry (NYSC). i want to cross to Canada to get a graduate or entry level job, what is the best route to take, am i qualified for the federal skilled Worker entry express stuff or any other suitable route? i will appreciate all your reply.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by guiddoti: 11:38am On Feb 19, 2016
Etfash:

Try to pre-evaluate your MSc credential using the online evaluator on WES, Canada's website. If your MSc is considered an equivalence of a Canadian Master's then proceed to evaluate only that (your MSc). But if otherwise, you will need to evaluate both degrees.

Whether or not WES sends verification mails to your school is at their discretion and not a function of whether your institution sends your credentials to them or not.

You just go ahead and begin the process.

Cheers!
thanks bro
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by guiddoti: 11:43am On Feb 19, 2016
JesusDWay:

more grace, bro.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MJBA: 11:44am On Feb 19, 2016
yinx007:

It depends on how soon all your documents gets to them and the amount of work on their hands. estmated time frame for evaluation is 20 days, but cos of the verification, it might take longer. The most important thing is for the document to get to them and for them to relay back to your school. thereafter you go back to your school to speed up the process. i've been on mine for the past two months. and yet to get the
ECA. But wes sends a mail to the applicant the very day they send the verification mail/post to the issuing institution.

Thnx so much 4 d info.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by guiddoti: 11:53am On Feb 19, 2016
akyinka:
Hello house, i hv been going thru this thread for few days now, kudos to u guys for d wonderful job.
My issue is i dont seem to qualify for EE based on d evaluation frm d immegration site. Pls what can be done? I also came across another programm (Quebec skilled worker). Can someone pls enlighten me more. I am a jjc in this business. Thanks

Cc: Zandora
Cc: JesusDway
you aren't alone lol jjc tinz lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 12:24pm On Feb 19, 2016
I agree with JesusDWay, my friend and I did our evaluation of UK MSC without any verification required.
JesusDWay:

Maybe your case is peculiar, yours is the first I'm seeing actually. No one ever reported theirs were verified, I at least know 2 people

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.