Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (695) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2600899 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mmanwanyi: 6:42pm On Jul 26, 2017
Please what did you use to prepare for your IELTS exam. Did you fill in "immigration" as you rpurpose for doing the exams?
UdomoLeinad:
So IELTS results are in and the fact that I didn't read the instructions to one listening section (making me guess on about 5 questions) messed me up but its cool cos I was worried about speaking and writing before the test and thank God they came out ok. Registered for mid August exam, hopefully thats the second and final one

L 7
R 9
S 7.5
W 7.5
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2017
Yooku:

NOC 2281 and I'm as single as the number 1 grin

cheesy cheesy Lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
esosa4real:

Mummmyjaygirls

Mamammamaamia

Congrats oh! Pls be praying for me! I should be the oldest papajayboy now without ppr...aor na march 2

Kai

It is well!

Generally sha, I love the way cic picked up, processed April, may and June better and faster

Don't worry it's not up to 6 months so u'r still okay. Some of us are more special hence the delay cheesy #delayisnotdenial

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nwandy218: 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2017
Yes it has a validity of one month. But that is enough time to go through all the practice tests if you dedicate atleast 2 hours a day for two weeks.
mmanwanyi:
Congrats on your IELTS score. I need clarifications on the app. Does it expire after a period of time after payment or once you have paid you can use it as long as you want
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mmanwanyi: 7:06pm On Jul 26, 2017
Thanks so much. I appreciate
Nwandy218:
Yes it has a validity of one month. But that is enough time to go through all the practice tests if you dedicate atleast 2 hours a day for two weeks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sammyacbxyz: 7:06pm On Jul 26, 2017
I am the PA.

I actually thought selecting government is for civil servants i.e workers in various federal ministries and state ministries like ministry of education, transport, aviation etc... while employment is for other public servants i.e govt parastatals like FIRS, NCC etc and private sector workers.

I am now confused if i was to select government if employer is affiliated to government in anyway whether ministry or parastatal.

MummyJaygirls:

Why do u want to change it? I can't say if its misrepresentation, working for the govt is also employment na. Are you the PA? Let others comment
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 7:19pm On Jul 26, 2017
sammyacbxyz:
I am the PA.

I actually thought selecting government is for civil servants i.e workers in various federal ministries and state ministries like ministry of education, transport, aviation etc... while employment is for other public servants i.e govt parastatals like FIRS, NCC etc and private sector workers.

I am now confused if i was to select government if employer is affiliated to government in anyway whether ministry or parastatal.

Uncle/ Aunty I think you're fine. Please just leave it. Don't go complicating things.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by biggest25: 7:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hello guys,

I need some advice from those who have done same on the question below.

Please is there any negative consequence for deleting a profile in the express entry? I intend deleting my current profile in order to change the NOC. Would they know that I was in the pool before with a different NOC?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yokus(f): 7:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
Should it be Government for LIRS- Lagos state internal revenue
Cos they are referred to as public servants not civil servants
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2017
biggest25:

Hello guys,

I need some advice from those who have done same on the question below.

Please is there any negative consequence for deleting a profile in the express entry? I intend deleting my current profile in order to change the NOC. Would they know that I was in the pool before with a different NOC?

Thanks.

Why not just update your profile rather than deleting it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 26, 2017
JustinTrudeau:
Hello guys, pls i'm filling the IQAS application form, I just made payment now but i need the reference number to fill my transcript request from my school.Pls help i can't seem to see or know the number. Esaanu mi grin

cc wapu

Thank you
Your PM grin grin

You'll receive a mail with the application ID after payment.
Check your mail.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 26, 2017
boldinc:
Can you verify this information? I doubt that is correct as there are accredited and recognized schools that offer online courses.

I know I have read abt it from IRCC site. Al look for the link.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 8:06pm On Jul 26, 2017
dupyshoo:
Congrats dear!! It has been a long journey. I am really happy for you and your family. Wish you all the best in Canada.

Thank you!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 8:09pm On Jul 26, 2017
40manlappy:

The way forward is for you to send those passports! cheesy

How far? wink

Passports sent......

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2017
I think the number is stated somewhere at the bottom of the page

wapu:

You'll receive a mail with the application ID after payment.
Check your mail.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by UdomoLeinad: 8:18pm On Jul 26, 2017
Yes I did. Speaking and writing were youtube and ieltsliz. Didn't practice listening and reading, but i've learnt my lesson. I intend to use youtube and ieltsliz.com ieltsielts.com ieltsonlinetests.com for the forthcoming one August 19th. And yes, I filled in immigration for exam purpose. Best of luck on your test

mmanwanyi:
Please what did you use to prepare for your IELTS exam. Did you fill in "immigration" as you rpurpose for doing the exams?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ddu: 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
JustinTrudeau:
Hello guys, pls i'm filling the IQAS application form, I just made payment now but i need the reference number to fill my transcript request from my school.Pls help i can't seem to see or know the number. Esaanu mi grin

cc wapu mummyjaygirl

Thank you
Your PM grin grin

It's the same thing as Application id, I think mine was 8 digits.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 8:40pm On Jul 26, 2017
Trikings2000:

Thanks boldinc, Revlane & Alexander.
One more thing, the finger print form (CRO 21) given to me was in black and white, though the stamps are all colored. The certificate is definitely colored as well. Hope this is not an issue.

mine was like that too. worse still, i scanned the thumbprinted form to someone in lagos to help me process it. He downloaded d forms in black n white .....before d stampings and markings.
so what i got back by courier was a black n white finger prints form( thumbprint was black) with colored stamps and d main colored pcc.
I even initially uploaded only the colored naija pcc without the thumbprints form.
I then read here that it was common practice to upload all of them.

I later raised a CSE to correct another different pcc but used the opportunity to rescan all of the pcc and finger print form for both my spouse n I, all in color(including my black n white thumbprints)...I included a gracefilled LOE.

All this long drama gave me the highest fears.......but then mercy prevailed..
my VOs must have been a lenient bunch.
my God must have been wide awake on my case as my AOR to PPR was 103 days.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tbaby2015: 8:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
@emmasonic and @fadedayo, got Ur PMs but I've not been able to reply, keeps bouncing back. Please ask Ur questions here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 8:55pm On Jul 26, 2017
gogedda:
Congratz once more to those who recently received PPR.....

Please house, I will like to know if anybody has ever used or submitted a reference letter from an Old job or position (in line with your NOC) which is different from their current job for this PR journey. If yes, did CIC ever ask for a bank statement as proof of salary for this Old job/ Position?..My salary was paid by hand since it was a "one man " business.. All suggestions are welcomed.. Thanks

No i didnt use my old job
but about handpaid salaries,,,
I used only my present job to claim work experience.
My salary is paid by hand as it is a "one man business" too.
I made sure my salary was clearly stated in my reference letter.
(@ some point i wanted to even state inside the letter that it was paid by cash!! lLoool...I didnt)
CIC doesnt mandate you to submit proof of salary.....your reference letter shld be explicit and follow the outlined pattern.
I was even worried about verification cos na "wuruwur" stories i use collect reference. but then there was no direct contact of my employer...Though i think Linkedin was used to verify my claims.

I hope this helps everyone in this situation of cash salaries.
Cheers.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:59pm On Jul 26, 2017
Moatte:
Hello guys,

Application was approved yesterday , Visas ready for pick up.....Thank you all the way..���������.✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️

Congrats, would u be kind enough as to share submission and approval dates? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2017
esosa4real:

The way I happy for you ehn!!
It's been a long journey for you! Real congrats!!

Abeg nor tell my Canadian Landlord sey I neva get PPR ooh......e go cause see finish!!

Tell am sey I dey vacation dey chill!! grin

Hahahahahahahaha. my brother!! nothing like see finish in this race o!!!
We are waiting to celebrate you o jare!!!
Nova scotia must wake up for your sake!!! oya make i begin soak my chaplet for holy water!!! I release speed and acceleration on top your file and all other naija files held up in nooks and cranies in Jesus Mighty name!!!!!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2017
i am so happy and excited each time i log on nairaland and read testimonies. this is indeed an insightful and helpful platform.
kudos to those who take their time to stop and reply people who need assistance with their applications and intent to apply.

God bless you all.
*peace*

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2017
Your IELTS is valid for only 2 years...

mmanwanyi:
Congrats on your IELTS score. I need clarifications on the app. Does it expire after a period of time after payment or once you have paid you can use it as long as you want
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2017
Thanks... Please post it when you find it.

elfmann:

I know I have read abt it from IRCC site. Al look for the link.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

Passports sent......

Cool smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by closetextrovert: 9:28pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hey guys. Thanks for the information shared here.

My accompanying spouse is a pharmacist working in the teaching hospital, has a masters degree so we evaluated the masters degree using Wes.

My question is will there be a misinterpretation if we use the Wes report for masters instead of pebc report? Cos I read pharmacist with hospital experience should use pebc, mind you I am the PA with score of 474 once my own eca is ready.

Is it advisable to include my spouse hospital work experience in work history or not, knowing fully well we have Wes eca report for the masters?

Thanks guys.

IRCC requires that you evaluate only your highest level of education (except you want to claim points for the 2 or more certificates category) However, you get more points using the masters certificate as opposed to the 2 certificates category.

Therefore using your spouse's highest level of education which is masters in this case doesn't amount to mis-representation. However, the subject of his masters programme will determine who will evaluate.

About work history, most people fill out their spouse's work history under the personal history category to avoid going through the trouble of proving it. It might be best if you do the same to avoid any big grammar.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 26, 2017
Please if you are here and hoping to write ielts soon, i would like to recommend a whatsapp study group where we can practice under exam conditions 'we start and finish' at the same time and evaluate our challenges together and profer solutons.

https:///2dsxrMg59Rl0Nctaijl3Xi

I am hopin we all will share our PPR goodnews soon. Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by eddycross(m): 9:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
So.. how badly do people complain about nova scotia. Cos i just got informed that my file is with them. embarassed

esosa4real:

Thanks bro!!
Well, I saw a timeline few pages back!
Someone had aor in April, added spouse and got PPR.

So cic works in mysterious ways! Unfortunately for me, my file wasn't treated in ottawa!!
This nova scotia vo, everyone complains of them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2017
Please house, apart from ielts 1-10, is there any other ielts study materials available?
anyone please help share with me...i have done all the ones i have and repeating them is becoming so easy,... cry
please send to ugo262@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 9:58pm On Jul 26, 2017
Reevaluate with IQAS. I had to reevaluate it with IQAS
Myself.

Jesuba:
Rain of ppr!congrats people.
A question pls. Currently in the pool with 392 points and am retaking the ielts to try and get better points. I had my LLB evaluated by Wes ( b4 some of u go ahead with brazen caustic comments, I had already done my ECA before stumbling on this forum) instead of the preferred iqas for law degrees.

Do I go ahead and get my LLB reassessed by iqas? Will change my points significantly or do I concentrate on the ielts alone.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
balogunsam:
Good afternoon everyone. Una welldone oo. My Masters transcript is on the way to WES Canada via DHL but i am in some sort of confusion about the documents i am to send myself. The page shows "Clear, legible photocopies of all degree certificates issued by the institutions attended"

My Question is, will it be just my Masters certificate and notification of results i will put in the envelope and send to WES or do i need to add my first degree certificates too?

e dakun epp me o.

cc @mummyjaygirls @zandora

i think its just that of the masters degree

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.