Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (776) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2605196 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 6:33pm On Aug 11, 2017
bigfido:

This was exactly what happened to me.. I spelt length as lenght.. And photography as photograhy. It was during the reading part that I was able to see the correct spelling. I just thank God. And the Acacia wasn't so strange to be so I got that. I think you should contest the 6.5
See me o, I eventually wrote Accacia. But nothing spoil, 8.5 and 9 gives same score.

If one isn't careful, you'd lose concentration while trying to figure out correct spelling.

I will be contesting the 6.5, today being a Friday made it tight considering they'd be closing 12noon. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Canadianfly: 6:35pm On Aug 11, 2017
MummyJaygirls:
Greetings oh Nigerians grin

This semi Canadian (me) received stamped passports and Copr. Praise be to Jah for the whole process.

Next stop landing cool cool

Biko don't be a stranger oh. We'll like to know how it all goes and how you settle in. Your posts make me laugh lol. Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 11, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

This semi Canadian (me) received stamped passports and Copr. Praise be to Jah for the whole process.

A BIG congratulations to you, MummyJaygirls

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 11, 2017
cochtrane:

You can use this starter pack:

Good evening.
Do you have any idea on which body would be good to evaluate an Optometry degree? It's an O.D (doctor of Optometry) but not under Medicine.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 6:52pm On Aug 11, 2017
Yooku:

Attached AOR and see response I got

Please don't mind them o,
someone with ITA has attended before sef. Please mail them and say someone u know used ITA

Edited
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 6:54pm On Aug 11, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Please don't mind them o, thats auto response, someone with ITA has attended before sef

So will there be some confirmation or invitation of some sort to present as proof of registration?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 6:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
deeore:

Welcome to the sydney club.. Lol... Been on NA2 since 24th of july too... Praying and hoping for a miracle...

Hello @deore @nonviolence @yooku @mrsbee
Ok i believe we are still on track. Apart from Ottawa peeps that be "flying like witches on a broom" (just kidding) applications take about 3wks to change from NA2 to IP2. so we are looking at a date around the 15th.
(my theory ooo... Could also be me justifying d snail speed[b][/b] cheesy cheesy )

I'm NA2 July 25th as well...club Sydney CIO cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 6:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Congrats oohhh...abeg na your kitchen pans finish for market?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 6:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Y dont you want my progress na angry cry
MummyJaygirls, don't worry. Your ministry is still moving, lol. She'll subscribe smiley

Congrats oh. We dey follow you for back.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chubbya2(f): 6:57pm On Aug 11, 2017
Whooaw......what can I say?��.
You are a fighter and I really do commend your effort. Please dive into the pool ASAP. Canada is for resilient people like you. I will be watching out for more sucess stories from you.
Cheers bro.
bigfido:
For the dude that passed the ielts that is complaining bitterly, please be thankful to God.

I have written ielts 7 times. My journey started since 2015. My Wes has been ready since then, but because of age and ielts, I have been falling short. I wrote ielts and got moderate score. I didn't know what was required then, since then, it has been a battle for me. My last 3 scores were 8,7.5,7,6... 7.5,7.5,7.5,7... 7.5,8,7,7..after the 6th one in June, I swore I was done with this dream. I had sunk so much money into this. I have gone to dubai to write celpip, went to dubai again for new brunswick info session, spent money 2ice on SINP and all to no avail. I was frustrated and devastated. July, I told my spouse to let me try ielts one more time. Even thou she didn't want to see me hurt again, she let me have my way. As for her she was done. She wanted the dream closed and buried. I don't blame her. So I paid and decided to change venue, this time I went to Ibadan, meaning I was spending more again. Then something changed. I prayed a lot about it. For catholics amongst us, please pray the prayers for exams to St Joseph of Cupertino. I went into the hall, did my best and left. I couldn't even beat my chest about my performance. I have been humbled by Ielts. But I kept on praying. I am not going to fail the 7th time. In between that time, a stranger in Lere2017 on this platform came into my life. She needed something from me. I actually wasn't in the mood to talk to her (reply her pm) but I did. We got talking and I told her my story. She was touched and she also truly prayed for me seriously. She will send me messages almost everyday telling me how much I was in her prayers and letting me know all is well. Yesterday midnight was the most awkward time of my life.. From 12 am till 7 am this morning, I was refreshing ielts website to check my result. The fear and panic was too intense. When I didn't see anything, I decided to go to their office to pick up my result.. That drive was filled with swallowing stone like saliva. On the bridge, I decided to refresh it again.. My result was there. My soul left my body and my eyes became blurry. I didn't know what I was reading but I knew I was reading.. L-9, R-8,S-8,W-7

I felt water swell up in my eyes. I understood what it is to look for something within your grasp and yet not have it. I am still basking in this euphoria so I can't real explain my ordeals. So please if you have it on a platter of gold, don't come here to rub it in on people that are going through a lot of even have a slice of what you have. For me the journey starts soon. I now have 450 points. I pray we all get to the promise land. Thank you @lere2017 I appreciate you. That's the beauty of this thread. Goodluck to everyone. I apologise for the long post and misspellings

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 6:59pm On Aug 11, 2017
Yooku:

So will there be some confirmation or invitation of some sort to present as proof of registration?

When u register they will send a mail with client ID, then some days later one of their reps would contact u again for further docs if need be.

I know someone that attended with AOR another attended with ITA

Did u get ur client ID?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 11, 2017
bigfido:
For the dude that passed the ielts that is complaining bitterly, please be thankful to God.

I have written ielts 7 times. My journey started since 2015. My Wes has been ready since then, but because of age and ielts, I have been falling short. I wrote ielts and got moderate score. I didn't know what was required then, since then, it has been a battle for me. My last 3 scores were 8,7.5,7,6... 7.5,7.5,7.5,7... 7.5,8,7,7..after the 6th one in June, I swore I was done with this dream. I had sunk so much money into this. I have gone to dubai to write celpip, went to dubai again for new brunswick info session, spent money 2ice on SINP and all to no avail. I was frustrated and devastated. July, I told my spouse to let me try ielts one more time. Even thou she didn't want to see me hurt again, she let me have my way. As for her she was done. She wanted the dream closed and buried. I don't blame her. So I paid and decided to change venue, this time I went to Ibadan, meaning I was spending more again. Then something changed. I prayed a lot about it. For catholics amongst us, please pray the prayers for exams to St Joseph of Cupertino. I went into the hall, did my best and left. I couldn't even beat my chest about my performance. I have been humbled by Ielts. But I kept on praying. I am not going to fail the 7th time. In between that time, a stranger in Lere2017 on this platform came into my life. She needed something from me. I actually wasn't in the mood to talk to her (reply her pm) but I did. We got talking and I told her my story. She was touched and she also truly prayed for me seriously. She will send me messages almost everyday telling me how much I was in her prayers and letting me know all is well. Yesterday midnight was the most awkward time of my life.. From 12 am till 7 am this morning, I was refreshing ielts website to check my result. The fear and panic was too intense. When I didn't see anything, I decided to go to their office to pick up my result.. That drive was filled with swallowing stone like saliva. On the bridge, I decided to refresh it again.. My result was there. My soul left my body and my eyes became blurry. I didn't know what I was reading but I knew I was reading.. L-9, R-8,S-8,W-7

I felt water swell up in my eyes. I understood what it is to look for something within your grasp and yet not have it. I am still basking in this euphoria so I can't real explain my ordeals. So please if you have it on a platter of gold, don't come here to rub it in on people that are going through a lot of even have a slice of what you have. For me the journey starts soon. I now have 450 points. I pray we all get to the promise land. Thank you @lere2017 I appreciate you. That's the beauty of this thread. Goodluck to everyone. I apologise for the long post and misspellings

So happy for u. Winners don't quit! I need to save dis cos it's very encouraging especially for peeps like me still trying to get d almighty 8777. We'll get there In'sha Allah!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 7:01pm On Aug 11, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

When u register they will send a mail with client ID, then some days later one of their reps would contact u again for further docs if need be.

I know someone that attended with AOR another attended with ITA

Did u get ur client ID?

Not yet...I just close mind for top as I get that response mail. Ah well, let's wait and see what happens
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 7:14pm On Aug 11, 2017
Lol, we gather dey the waiting room o. NA2 since 19th July...next PPR rain, God's willing.
Ajujuju2:

Ok i believe we are still on track. Apart from Ottawa peeps that be "flying like witches on a broom" (just kidding) applications take about 3wks to change from NA2 to IP2. so we are looking at a date around the 15th.
(my theory ooo... Could also be me justifying d snail speed[b][/b] cheesy cheesy )

deeore:

Welcome to the sydney club.. Lol... Been on NA2 since 24th of july too... Praying and hoping for a miracle...

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 7:23pm On Aug 11, 2017
Ajujuju2:

Next week...next week...next week....CIC I hope you are listening oh...As declared by several people on this thread...It shall end in praise!! grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 7:27pm On Aug 11, 2017
Binchie:

Good evening.
Do you have any idea on which body would be good to evaluate an Optometry degree? It's an O.D (doctor of Optometry) but not under Medicine.
do you practice as a physician?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 7:27pm On Aug 11, 2017
Wanna wish everyone good luck. I hope PPR dreams come true for everyone. It's a hard journey, but it will all end in good news.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chomiePedia: 7:34pm On Aug 11, 2017
your success story has just started.
i completely know how you felt becos i wrote mine 4 times.
congratsssssss.
it feels like getting the PPR itself.

elfmann:

Long post in order..no apology.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teewhy31(f): 7:34pm On Aug 11, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

My sister, greetings. I fit the description u seek, don't mind enemies o, Holla at your girl.

I will help u follow up and you being "oneyoungwife" u need to face your new young husband make new small shidrens quick come for canada. kiss

cheesy going back to silent mode
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chomiePedia: 7:35pm On Aug 11, 2017
your success story has just started.
i completely know how you felt becos i wrote mine 4 times.
congratsssssss.
it feels like getting the PPR itself.
bigfido:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 7:54pm On Aug 11, 2017
Ajujuju2:

Na wa for this Sydney o. I don't want them to handle my file ahn ahn! Meanwhile I saw someone get PPR in 18 days.
Looks like they're focusing on FSW for now.

But you're almost there naw...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MRSDA: 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
Canadianfly:

Hahahaahaha you are something else!

You just don't want to feel like you are not adding or contributing anything to this project abi? Lol your husband must be teasing the heck out of you for this cheesy

He doesn't even send. He is jngust trusting me to lead the project. He's supplying all the information and documents I'm asking for LOL
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
cochtrane:
do you practice as a physician?
No. Can you please check Noc 3121 to give you a better understanding?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MRSDA: 7:58pm On Aug 11, 2017
chuckdee13:
In my opinion adding more things that require verification (when they're not necessary) will only prolong your application. At least you know you have all that experience doesnt matter if they do too. The goal is to get PPR as quick as possible without delaying it when the delay could have been avoided.

Ok then...i should just send everything to personal history and sidon dey look cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrsBee: 8:03pm On Aug 11, 2017
Ajujuju2:

I was also looking to see some progress by mid August.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by balogunsam(m): 8:03pm On Aug 11, 2017
threadstone:
Thats how wes sent a mail saying masters doc have been accepted but they've sent a mail requesting for verification for my BSc Transcript (I dont know who send dem message as I only requested to evaluate masters only.) Probably because my school sent both transcripts as both degrees came from there.

However after tweeting, calling, faxing and mailing their customer care all day yesterday saying they should focus on what i requested for, status changed to evaluation in progress in the evening grin. iss laik this people dont know we want to swim soon grin

@balogunsam, how far?

I dey oo. Waiting for UI to receive WES verification request and respond.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 8:04pm On Aug 11, 2017
Binchie:

No. Can you please check Noc 3121 to give you a better understanding?
I actually did already. As far as licensed professions are concerned, CIC seems to have just two orgs which provide credentials assessment. That's why I asked.

I'll have a second look. But do you practice?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 11, 2017
cochtrane:

I actually did already. As far as licensed professions are concerned, CIC seems to have just two orgs which provide credentials assessment. That's why I asked.

I'll have a second look. But do you practice?
Just started. I'm at the internship stage post graduation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jesuba: 8:08pm On Aug 11, 2017
Am sorry kontagious but I had a good laugh reading this post. It's refreshing to me, (I don't mean to distress you). I also took this test, actually my 4th!and I had 6.5 in reading.I can totally relate with you.

It is well.All will end in praise.

Kontagious:
I promised I’d be back with my experience.

This will be a long read but might be helpful particularly to those yet to take the IELTS. It’s my experience with mistakes I made, pointers here and there.

I'd start with Speaking. I was overtly tensed just a few seconds before we started, though my examiner had tried getting the correct pronunciation of my surname, I guess that little conversation should have relaxed me a bit but no, it didn’t. By the time he hit the record button on his recorded, my nerves were almost touching the ceiling that my first response, I began to stammer! I was to say south-west but all I heard me saying was south, sou, sou, south, south. Not exaggerating but I would have said the sou-south at least 6 times, eventually I got myself to say the south west grin. Examiner tried signaling me to calm down but I will not just follow the prompt. Oh I skipped, by the time I was handing over my passport during the ID check, guy asked can I see your ID please, in my tensed self, I said "thank you" like twice while passing the passport! Then I thought, oh boy, you don de fvck up. That thought alone aggravated my already tensed nerves.

Subsequent questions were a walk in the park (typical of part 1 questions) but I was still tensed. The questions were about family values. Then part 2 came, I was to talk about 2 person from same family, sub-questions were what they do, how similar they are and one other I can't remember. God, 1st family that came to mind was the Saraki's - Senate President and his father (how silly grin, I know) but I snapped out and rather talked about the Williams sisters! I had noted my points - great sportsmen, delight to watch, always delivering stellar performance - in the paper given but when I started speaking, I totally forgot to look at my note, only focused on the prompt. Nerves were still up but not as much as when I started – maybe at window level at this point and I doubt I spoke for a minute cause I rushed through the talk. I tried to continue but I could not just think of something meaningful to say.

Part three, I had answered some questions and was starting to gain control of my raging nerves but alas, I heard examiner saying “we’ve come to the end of the test”. End of kini, Arrrh. I honestly felt like begging the guy to retake the exam but it wouldn’t be possible. I walked out a little bit dejected and expected least score from speaking.

For my listening, prior to start of the test, I had noticed some static sound whenever there was a movement in front of me or me turning my head in a particular direction, so I thought, when the test starts I won’t move my head in that direction, also thought there shouldn’t be much movement during the test. I figured invigilators could move around and then I remember someone’s experience on this thread where he said the static sound made him miss answer to about three questions. Jejely, I requested to be moved, there was a makeshift row that was created for people having issues with their headphone. New seat was much better. Test started, answer one was name of a street spelt AC.CA.CIA. Right from question 1, my mind had started roaming, it wasn’t raging nerves this time around but wondering mind. So I battled to think, did I hear AC.CA.CIA or A.C.A.CIA. I was fortunate to snap out and picked answers to 2, 3, 4. In between 4 and 5, my mind wondered off again, did I hear AC.CA.CIA or A.C.A.CIA, unluckily for me, I missed answer to question 5. Further into the test, I’ll have to battle spelling. One answer was waitress, another length. For the waitress, I wasn’t sure if it had two ts or just one. For the length, I wasn’t sure if it was length or lenght, after I had spelt both and the wrong even looking correct at that point. I tried spelling strength as a pointer, still confused, I wasn’t sure of strength either so I eventually went with lenght. Then there was checklist, here I wasn’t sure if it’s a single word or compound or two words. To play safe, I figured check-list will be best. Naturally, all these spellings wouldn’t be a problem but under exam condition and considering at least 8 is needed in listening, my people, uhm.

Reading came, section one and two were a bit easy. Had about 8 questions with T, F, NG (this type of questions are the most dreaded for me but I stumbled on a YouTube video that worked for me during my numerous practices. I fought with one hunched back monster in section three. As expected, section three was the toughest and time consuming. Passage was two pages, questions were about 13. Turning back and forth between passage and question page was frustrating but it had to be endured. While answering section three, I jolted and remembered I had read about length of the monster, I scanned through if I’d see length. Luckily, it was in the passage. I had written the wrong spelling in my listening! Turning back the answer sheet is prohibited but I managed to turn and correct my length. grin

I started out the writing with task 1, it was to be written within a short time, lesser than 20 minutes but because I wanted a neat sheet, I wrote out my answer on the question paper to be transferred to the answer sheet after finishing, by the time I was done transferring (with little correction), 20 minutes was gone! I should have written directly on the answer sheet but it was a lesson to be learnt firsthand. I finished the essay on time and crossed checked, even did a rough word count. Both task were above required number, but my sweet people at BC will rather score me a 6.5

I hope future test takers pick one lesson or the other. As for me, the last of this test is yet to be heard.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 8:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
Binchie:

Just started. I'm at the internship stage post graduation.
I think you might have to assess your credentials with WES or IQAS. Send them an email to confirm. I'm pretty sure you'll be using them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:22pm On Aug 11, 2017
teewhy31:

cheesy going back to silent mode

Why na, please talk o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:23pm On Aug 11, 2017
Canadianfly:

Biko don't be a stranger oh. We'll like to know how it all goes and how you settle in. Your posts make me laugh lol. Congrats

I will sure come back here to give update wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.