Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 (259443 Views)

UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2016/2017) / Direct Entry Admissions/quest For A Second Degree / Rsust Supplementary/direct Entry Admissions For 2015/2016 Academic Session Out.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by seyifunmi111: 11:22am On Jan 16, 2016
upsyLi:

You can if you're quite sure your transcript would be ready by the time the said institution starts their admission process.
**Something of such happened to me last year, I applied for DE into UI but my transcript wasn't ready when due for me to continue the admission process. now gonna try again this year.**

Please what are the documents needed for direct entry process. ? And also I heard that one will submits file to jamb. What are the requirement for this file.... Thanks for your prompt responds..

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by upsyLi(m): 1:05pm On Jan 16, 2016
seyifunmi111:

Please what are the documents needed for direct entry process. ? And also I heard that one will submits file to jamb. What are the requirement for this file.... Thanks for your prompt responds..

Your Academic Transcript and O'level result.
You'd be required to submit your DE online reg printout (and/or the documents mentioned above) to JAMB office.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by seyifunmi111: 1:13pm On Jan 16, 2016
upsyLi:

You'd be required to submit your DE online reg printout (and/or the documents mentioned above) to JAMB office.

Is it original O'level result and what??
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by upsyLi(m): 1:19pm On Jan 16, 2016
seyifunmi111:

Is it original O'level result and what??
Online print out will do!
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by seyifunmi111: 2:33pm On Jan 16, 2016
upsyLi:

Online print out will do!
Thanks brother...........!!
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by pweetychyka(f): 3:15pm On Jan 16, 2016
upsyLi:

What if one doesn't have transcript but has statement of result? angry

Cos ma school doesn't want to give us transcript by hand, they will rather wanna send it to the school you are applying for DE embarassed
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 16, 2016
pweetychyka:

Cos ma school doesn't want to give us transcript by hand, they will rather wanna send it to the school you are applying for DE embarassed

U don't need to submit a transcript at jamb office, they won't even collect it cos they have no business with it. Go with ur print out, O'level and notification of result, that's all.

U will only sent ur transcript to the school
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by pweetychyka(f): 3:42pm On Jan 16, 2016
LARRYDKING:

U don't need to submit a transcript at jamb office, they won't even collect it cos they have no business with it. Go with ur print out, O'level and notification of result, that's all.

U will only sent ur transcript to the school

Okk thanks abunch!
Guess notification of result is same as statement of result?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 16, 2016
pweetychyka:

Okk thanks abunch!
Guess notification of result is same as statement of result?

Nope, notification is just a letter congratulating u on the completion of ur programme and indicating ur gp too. U can go with either ur notification or statement but I submitted my notification last year. Statement contains ur academic record for each semester. Try to obtain ur notification, u will need it when u're admitted.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by pweetychyka(f): 3:56pm On Jan 16, 2016
LARRYDKING:

Nope, notification is just a letter congratulating u on the completion of ur programme and indicating ur gp too. U can go with either ur notification or statement but I submitted my notification last year. Statement contains ur academic record for each semester. Try to obtain ur notification, u will need it when u're admitted.

Okk dearie!
Thanks abunch... what school did u apply for last year?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2016
pweetychyka:

Okk dearie!
Thanks abunch... what school did u apply for last year?

unilag
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by pweetychyka(f): 4:06pm On Jan 16, 2016
LARRYDKING:

unilag

Were u admitted?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by omotayo51: 4:08pm On Jan 16, 2016
LARRYDKING:

unilag
pls wat if someone did part time HND.... is it still d same.... I heard something about jamb regularisation fee and number... pls can u help me out
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by ayindepremier: 4:24pm On Jan 16, 2016
[size=15pt]
bawz012:

from last yr experience, i think if u r admitted,

By January, u shud hav resumed lectures.

what are the universities around the north here can you recommend for studying accounting.

and most especially will be giving admission to the D.E students this 2016.

i just cant afford to wait for 2years staying at home. tnx[/size]
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
omotayo51:

pls wat if someone did part time HND.... is it still d same.... I heard something about jamb regularisation fee and number... pls can u help me out

part time will not be written on ur notification or cert. I also did part time but it didn't hinder me.

Regularisation is very important, u need to pay for it very early so that u'll get the jamb reg number. some registered without regularisation but I'm yet to see any of them admitted.

sey u get?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 16, 2016
pweetychyka:

Were u admitted?

Now a bonafide student grin

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by seyifunmi111: 5:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
This is confusing......!! Please can some list the files that are going to be submitted to jamb. Because this notification of result is confusing me oo. what about your I.T letter
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by omotayo51: 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
LARRYDKING:

part time will not be written on ur notification or cert. I also did part time but it didn't hinder me.

Regularisation is very important, u need to pay for it very early so that u'll get the jamb reg number. some registered without regularisation but I'm yet to see any of them admitted.

sey u get?
thanks a lot.... but where are we to get the reg number.... ? is it the school or jamb office...?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by pweetychyka(f): 5:32pm On Jan 16, 2016
LARRYDKING:

Now a bonafide student grin

Nice one!

Best wishes dearie
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by pweetychyka(f): 5:40pm On Jan 16, 2016
LARRYDKING:

sey u get?

Please wats d regularisation about and how do we go about it?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 16, 2016
omotayo51:

thanks a lot.... but where are we to get the reg number.... ? is it the school or jamb office...?

Go to the admin in ur school, I think admission unit. Ask around, u will get the place. The school will forward the list to jamb.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 16, 2016
pweetychyka:

Nice one!

Best wishes dearie

Thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 16, 2016
pweetychyka:

Please wats d regularisation about and how do we go about it?

Regularisation is for those who did part time, those who did full time but were not offered admission by jamb and those who were even offered admission but are/did not study the course they were offered, instead, studied another. It's all about getting registration number for the course u studied without jamb consent. To get regularised, all u need do is to visit the admin building of ur school, all things been equal, the admission unit. U will be asked to pay a certain amount and submit the copy of the reciept after which u will wait for some time. The list will be forwarded to jamb and jamb will give out official reg number.

After getting the reg number, u'll simply authenticate it on jamb's site. It's that reg number u'll then use to register for DE. That's all.

U however need to be fast with the payment and process it cos ur sch might choose to be slow with sending the list.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 16, 2016
seyifunmi111:
This is confusing......!! Please can some list the files that are going to be submitted to jamb. Because this notification of result is confusing me oo. what about your I.T letter

Jamb has no business with IT, it's not HND.

U're submitting:

jamb print out.
O'level result.
notification of result.

that's all.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by pweetychyka(f): 6:45pm On Jan 16, 2016
LARRYDKING:

Regularisation is for those who did part time, those who did full time but were not offered admission by jamb and those who were even offered admission but are/did not study the course they were offered, instead, studied another. It's all about getting registration number for the course u studied without jamb consent. To get regularised, all u need do is to visit the admin building of ur school, all things been equal, the admission unit. U will be asked to pay a certain amount and submit the copy of the reciept after which u will wait for some time. The list will be forwarded to jamb and jamb will give out official reg number.

After getting the reg number, u'll simply authenticate it on jamb's site. It's that reg number u'll then use to register for DE. That's all.

U however need to be fast with the payment and process it cos ur sch might choose to be slow with sending the list.

Thanks darling will need to hurriedly go n do it oooooo!
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by tomtech12(m): 7:03pm On Jan 16, 2016
Pls how can I obtain direct entry form. Can one get it at any bank or the particular school am aspiring for I.e the school bank. cos I don't know much about it. I will be glad if anyone can expatiate
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by upsyLi(m): 7:20pm On Jan 16, 2016
pweetychyka:

Good! Either which way, the transcript should get to your school of choice. You don't necessarily need to submit it to JAMB office. Notification of Result is what's needed for JAMB office.

Most school won't give students Transcript by hand, even those that do mostly seal it.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by pweetychyka(f): 7:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
upsyLi:

Good! Either which way, the transcript should get to your school of choice. You don't necessarily need to submit it to JAMB office.

Thanks dearie!

Info noted
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by bawz012(m): 9:13pm On Jan 16, 2016
ayindepremier:
[size=15pt]

what are the universities around the north here can you recommend for studying accounting.

and most especially will be giving admission to the D.E students this 2016.

i just cant afford to wait for 2years staying at home. tnx[/size]

sincerely can't recommend any cos i am not in the North at present...

plus the. fact that am an aspirant (learner) like u... lol
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Capslock01: 1:42am On Jan 17, 2016
LARRYDKING:

U just nailed it, u have the requirement. I hope u got it at a sitting? yeah, there is a very great preference for yabatech ND holder, infact, across many dept in the last admission, only one candidate was from another school while other were yabatech. I am frm fpi while the other 3 guys were frm yabatech. In mech, my friend frm fpi was the only guy frm another institution, the rest were yabatech graduates. However, since there is a possibility I got in, then you can get in too.

I've seen students from mapoly. I was offered elect elect engineering. Gp matters too, ur gp must be high to have an edge. what did u finish with?

unilag does not conduct exams. If u have remarkable grades at O'level, choose U.I but if u have Cs, UNILAG is ur best option. O'level is not a criterion here.

Oh thanks, ma or sir? Hmm this their preference sha. The cgpa is high. Yes O'level, a sitting with all grades above "C" in all subjects, will you suggest Unilag or UI? I'm also living in Lagos but state of origin is Oyo. Mapoly? That is great oo. Have you resumed? And how is lecture going? Hope not too stressful?. FPI and Yabatech are federal schools. Lastly, how many of you were admitted? Four? According to the bolded part.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Armstrong34(m): 1:47am On Jan 17, 2016
Pls is it advisable to start requestin for d Transcript now?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Temitope012(m): 6:57pm On Jan 17, 2016
@larry, do i stand ani chance in UNILAG. From fed poly ado. Accounting, upper credit?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (118) (Reply)

List Of Universities, Polytechnics And Colleges Of Education In Nigeria / Delta State University (DELSU), Abraka Thread / Lasu 2014/2015 Admission process

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.