Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

3000 AD - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 3000 AD (2872 Views)

How To Apply For The John Maddox Prize 2018 (£3000 Prize) / Opera And Opera Mini Built-in Ad Blocker Is Now Ready To Use / Dell Inspiron 11 3000 2-in-1 Notebook Review And Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3000 AD by socially4fun: 11:14am On Sep 26, 2015

No signal... Initiating UV mode.. Scanning. Scanning.. signal found.

Buildings were characterized by their amorphous shapes, numbers and magnificent height which was paramount to housing the teeming human population. Buildings weren't made of bricks nor blocks - that's archaic- rather, they were made of crystalline materials that were bulletproof and
of great tensile strength. Quantum chromodynamics was applied in the construction industry that made it common for buildings to literally glow in the dark in different colours after absorbing the Sun's white light during the day. In the dark from high afar, a city's form looks like a constellation of tightly packed stars gleaming with different myriads of bright colours.

The city was filled with people who came to witness the unveiling of the world's first time machine. It was reported that this first version of the time machine can travel as far back as 2 years when the universal time-data satellite was launched. The time-data satellite records every detail of every activities that were ongoing in every part of the world. The time machine was designed to work with the time-data satellite so that a humanoid can literally go back in time.
After the unveiling, many people returned to their respective abodes in sonic speed jet, while some wealthier ones teleported. The world government has done a good job in restricting teleportation only to the elites.
-Good job huh?-

Re: 3000 AD by socially4fun: 11:17am On Sep 26, 2015

I was still virtually present at the unveiling ground when someone in my room tapped me, as a reflex action, I disconnected the televirtual lens. The televirtual lens is like a swimming google. It operates just like the television; difference is, with the televirtual lens, you choose what you want to see any time at anyplace that is televirtual enabled, while In the case of a television, there's a limitation to what you can see - you see only what the cameraman wants you to see.
For security reasons however, some places were disabled for televirtual presence.

The person who tapped me wanted me to configure his newly bought PC. I just spoke a few commands and the thing was up and running. Yes I spoke to it. Keyboard and mouse were now obsolete. PC's now come with inbuilt peripheral devices that enables users to input data and issue control via the mind. Originally designed for people who are physically challenged, it has gained massive entrance into the market as people preferred it to manual data input devices like touch screen pad and virtual data input. Also, computer systems now process information like a biological human brain. No longer in binary I.e zeros and ones. This means no more Assemblers, interpreters or compilers. This feature which was introduced in the 91st computer generation has made PCs more human friendly and faster as the overhead of compiling was eliminated.

Another determining factor for the PC's speed and improved performance was the unlimited storage device which makes use of the quantum states of subatomic particles to store information and the introduction of laser technology to replace the concept of transistors in the manufacture of chipsets like the CPU chip.Did I mention RAM was extinct?

House appliances like light LEDs, sound systems, TVs, micro wave, Phones, PDAs, PCs etc were all nuke powered. Each with an inbuilt nuclear cell with enough energy to power each device till the device's lifespan.
So there was absolutely no need for house electrical wiring. In fact, wires were fizzled out. Everything was wireless.

UVMs (ultra vehicular movement) were also nuke powered. UVMs can be compared to what was known as cars about one thousand years ago, but UVMs unlike cars were not limited to the ground alone, they don't use internal combustion engines, thus there was zero CO2 emission.
Green environment. To further clarify, everything ranging from non-biodegradable wastes to nuclear wastes were been recycled.

Re: 3000 AD by socially4fun: 11:18am On Sep 26, 2015

Venus and Mars has been terraformed and has long been a habitat for humanity. Infact in sports news, humans in Venus would be playing the Venus football cup final and in a fortnight, Venus 11 would play to host Earth 11 in an interplanetary match. Football, just like literature, stock exchange, law, creative arts etc were strictly human exercises

Humanoids are almost like humans in everything but the spiritual, biological and their characteristic blue colours.
They have taken over fields like medicine, agriculture, engineering, astronomy, military etc. All the aforementioned fields have recorded tremendous breakthroughs in twenty-five years, since the humanoids took over. More than ten times the total achievements that has been recorded since civilization:

Quantum inoculation has gotten rid of all diseases, Human longetivity has been increased dramatically, cataclysmic asteroids averted... However, despite the quantum leap in computer science, artificial intelligence and nanotechnology, humankind were still plagued with disasters mainly Israeli - Arabian cyber war and artificial viruses. Artificial viruses stem from an unholy competition between rival OEM companies. These artificial viruses mutated to biologicals and not only affecting the humanoids but humans as well.

An artificial neural network connects almost everything, ranging from PDAs to humanoids and even humans via human interfaces. Each device is a node
of the neural network. Some conspiracy theories have it that the artificial neural spine has a consciousness of it's own and hence subliminally manipulative of the human mind.

PHEW!
Back to reality, this epistle is getting too long, please forgive my loose pen. (yawns)
I just projected my thoughts to one thousand years from now.
It may sound funny, awkward, unrealistic or even unreasonable but the truth is, solitary fictional thoughts aren't totally discarded by me.

If I may ask, what will the world look like in the fourth millennia in your own imagination?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3000 AD by Angelou(m): 3:40pm On Sep 26, 2015
Very beautiful write-up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3000 AD by socially4fun: 6:26pm On Sep 26, 2015
Angelou:
Very beautiful write-up

So much thanks bro.
Re: 3000 AD by socially4fun: 8:55pm On Sep 26, 2015
Re: 3000 AD by Krystalzkris(f): 11:24am On Sep 27, 2015
swear,I had already started living in this fantasy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3000 AD by socially4fun: 3:28pm On Sep 27, 2015
Krystalzkris:
swear,I had already started living in this fantasy.

grin Welcome back to reality grin
Where we still depend on oil and can't boast of 24/7 power in naija.
Re: 3000 AD by Krystalzkris(f): 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2015
socially4fun:

grin Welcome back to reality grin
Where we still depend on oil and can't boast of 24/7 power in naija.
this kind tin tire me sef... And the funny thing is this generation will die off before 3000AD.. And i wont be able to witness this sweet life
Re: 3000 AD by socially4fun: 9:53am On Sep 28, 2015
Krystalzkris:
this kind tin tire me sef... And the funny thing is this generation will die off before 3000AD.. And i wont be able to witness this sweet life

Yeah. My point exactly.
Buh I guess most religions gives us hope as regards to a "sweet after life"
Re: 3000 AD by Krystalzkris(f): 4:15pm On Sep 28, 2015
socially4fun:

Yeah. My point exactly.
Buh I guess most religions gives us hope as regards to a "sweet after life"
after life my foot... The only life am sure of is this ,none else

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3000 AD by socially4fun: 9:24pm On Sep 28, 2015
Krystalzkris:
after life my foot... The only life am sure of is this ,none else

But that doesn't eliminate the possibility of an afterlife.
Re: 3000 AD by Krystalzkris(f): 9:46pm On Sep 28, 2015
socially4fun:

But that doesn't eliminate the possibility of an afterlife.
there is no proof of an afterlife,if there was any,y do we die in d first place.. It would have made more sense if we lived forever..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3000 AD by socially4fun: 9:53pm On Sep 28, 2015
Krystalzkris:
there is no proof of an afterlife,if there was any,y do we die in d first place.. It would have made more sense if we lived forever..

Neither has anyone disproved it by any logic logic. That something hasn't been proven yet doesn't make it nonexistent.

How do you explain the supernatural phenomena happening everyday?
Re: 3000 AD by Krystalzkris(f): 9:59pm On Sep 28, 2015
socially4fun:

Neither has anyone disproved it by any logic logic. That something hasn't been proven yet doesn't make it nonexistent.

How do you explain the supernatural phenomena happening everyday?
you cannot disprove something that has not been proven... Until,its proven to exist,it does not exist. Its now left for anyone claiming its existence to prove that it actually exists...btw,what supernatural phenomenom are you talking about

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3000 AD by socially4fun: 10:30pm On Sep 28, 2015
Krystalzkris:
you cannot disprove something that has not been proven... Until,its proven to exist,it does not exist. Its now left for anyone claiming its existence to prove that it actually exists...btw,what supernatural phenomenom are you talking about

You're correct. You cannot disprove something that hasn't been proven yet. But I fault your second argument, 'Until it is proven to exist it doesn't', since aliens hasn't been proven to exist yet, if tomorrow they come visiting in stealth mode, does that mean they've not been in existence? - just an instance.
About supernatural phenomena.
When the whites talk about atheism, I really don't give them much of an attention but when an African (I presume you are) talks about atheism, it really gives me a cause for concern. Aren't you aware of the black magic activities looming around?
Re: 3000 AD by johnydon22(m): 11:04pm On Sep 28, 2015
socially4fun:

You're correct. You cannot disprove something that hasn't been proven yet. But I fault your second argument, 'Until it is proven to exist it doesn't', since aliens hasn't been proven to exist yet, if tomorrow they come visiting in stealth mode, does that mean they've not been in existence? - just an instance.
This is correct, something theoretically plausible that have not been proven yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

But the case study here is; The idea of Gods as laid out by religions, immaterial (Aliens are material), perfect yet needs worship, powerful enough to create the universe yet again is concerned with belief, such characteristics are sheer implausible and so puts the idea of a God out from the theoretical postulation of Alien life.

That the God you believe in has not been proven and you agree with this simply shows you just subscribe to an assumptive lay out of some people..

What you dub supernatural are just phenomenons you don't yet understand or know how they were achieved.

We only have nature and nature do not have one specific way of working dubbing the phenomenons you may not understand yet supernatural only betrays the insecurity of that lack of knowledge, what ever manifestation of nature in this material world is within the confines of nature.

When the whites talk about atheism, I really don't give them much of an attention but when an African (I presume you are) talks about atheism, it really gives me a cause for concern. Aren't you aware of the black magic activities looming around?
[b]First of all you are an African and you subscribe to the idea of God that is UnAfrican.

Christianity and Islam are unafrican and were imposed on your ancestors by the foreigners at the expense of your own African beliefs and religion.

Atheism is simply the act of not believing in a God and these mindset is found in every culture at any timeline in antiquity.

@The black magic you so much revere are mere illusionary projections you have no idea how it was achieved, you can just pop into Youtube and watch magic shows, it is just magical tricks the actual action is hidden from the perception of the audience.

Until you build a bridge in five minutes with the so called African black magic or maybe conjure up a flying machine, you are still a joker..

Such punny tricks as what we see here are just laughable..

Lastly belief in supernatural powers has nothing to do with being atheistic.

There are many atheists who believe in supernatural and your spirity mumbo jumbo (what makes them atheists are simply disbelief in Gods)

There are also theists who disbelieves the existence or potency of spirity shenanigans, this doesn't make them any less theistic..

So do not confuse belief in God/Gods with belief in spirity claims..
[/b]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3000 AD by Krystalzkris(f): 6:49am On Sep 29, 2015
socially4fun:

lemme still use ur aliens as an example,we all know we'v never seen one.. If u say they exist,describe them,tell us about their nature. Aliens might be in existence but for the fact that they have not been proven to really exist,they dont.. That's what I meant when I said that,and if they come visiting us,wow,i would be the first to believe they do exist,but until then,no way... What black magic activities are you talking about?
Re: 3000 AD by socially4fun: 8:57am On Sep 29, 2015
johnydon22:

That the God you believe in has not been proven and you agree with this simply shows you just subscribe to an assumptive lay out of some people..

That's where faith comes in. If all the concept of religion were logically proven, then, no need calling it faith any longer.

johnydon22:

What you dub supernatural are just phenomenons you don't yet understand or know how they were achieved.

We only have nature and nature do not have one specific way of working dubbing the phenomenons you may not understand yet supernatural only betrays the insecurity of that lack of knowledge, what ever manifestation of nature in this material world is within the confines of nature.

Take for instance astral travel. It defies the laws of physics and hence nature's. How best do you describe it if not supernatural? Or would you call it a sham?

johnydon22:

[b]First of all you are an African and you subscribe to the idea of God that is UnAfrican.

Christianity and Islam are unafrican and were imposed on your ancestors by the foreigners at the expense of your own African beliefs and religion.

It is termed evangelism. Spreading the good news.

johnydon22:

Atheism is simply the act of not believing in a God and these mindset is found in every culture at any timeline in antiquity.

@The black magic you so much revere are mere illusionary projections you have no idea how it was achieved, you can just pop into Youtube and watch magic shows, it is just magical tricks the actual action is hidden from the perception of the audience.
I don't revere black magic. I was onlytrying to buttress a point. - There are things which science cannot explain. At least, not yet.

johnydon22:

Until you build a bridge in five minutes with the so called African black magic or maybe conjure up a flying machine, you are still a joker..

Such punny tricks as what we see here are just laughable..

Really laughable. But I wasn't talking about magic tricks. I've long known it's a hoax

johnydon22:

Lastly belief in supernatural powers has nothing to do with being atheistic.

There are many atheists who believe in supernatural and your spirity mumbo jumbo (what makes them atheists are simply disbelief in Gods)

There are also theists who disbelieves the existence or potency of spirity shenanigans, this doesn't make them any less theistic..

So do not confuse belief in God/Gods with belief in spirity claims..
[/b]
You're correct.
But I don't think I'm confusing belief in a deity with belief in spirity existence. Like I said earlier on, I was only trying to lay emphasis.
Also as you'd agree, most atheists don't believe in anything outside the confines of science. Talk more of spiritual beings.

Please don't get it twisted, I'm very much science inclined (enthusiast), but I just have that feeling there is more to this life; else what's the essence of life if we are here today and gone tomorrow, forever?

Lastly, despite we have contrasting views, I commend your use of polite words in countering my arguments.

1 Like

Re: 3000 AD by socially4fun: 9:08am On Sep 29, 2015
Krystalzkris:
lemme still use ur aliens as an example,we all know we'v never seen one.. If u say they exist,describe them,tell us about their nature. Aliens might be in existence but for the fact that they have not been proven to really exist,they dont.. That's what I meant when I said that,and if they come visiting us,wow,i would be the first to believe they do exist,but until then,no way... What black magic activities are you talking about?
If black/white magic/sorcery is proven to exist to you, would you change your mindset?
Re: 3000 AD by johnydon22(m): 9:39am On Sep 29, 2015
socially4fun:

That's where faith comes in. If all the concept of religion were logically proven, then, no need calling it faith any longer.
Exactly that is where "FAITH" the worst form of irrationality steps in. that you have "faith" does not make that your belief true, not even probably true. That you have "Faith" simply means you believe it whether it is true or not.

Faith is a very dishonest position, you shut out reason in the process of clutching on something by faith. you disregard truth when it comes along in order to hold on to your convictions. . That is intellectual dishonesty of faith.

Take for instance astral travel. It defies the laws of physics and hence nature's. How best do you describe it if not supernatural? Or would you call it a sham?
Lmao. . Astral travel is a projection of the mind, it is the mind nothing more. . why not go read about Astral travel and see..

Astral travels in no way defiles physics law or nature itself. . i wonder where you guys get these from. .nature do not have one way of manifestation. Please can you point to me the law of nature being defiled in Astral travel.

Fun Fact: Astral travel is just like dreaming but half aware of it.......its a projection of illusionary workings by the brain..

It is termed evangelism. Spreading the good news.
Oh you see? its termed good news when you abandon your religion and your culture and embrace that of another mostly at the threat of death and torture. .

The point then still remains CHRISTIANITY/ISLAM are unafrican religions and you are the one practising something that is unafrican, something you wanted to accuse Krystalzkris of. .

I don't revere black magic. I was onlytrying to buttress a point. - There are things which science cannot explain. At least, not yet.
that form of argument is called appeal to ignorance. .

Really laughable. But I wasn't talking about magic tricks. I've long known it's a hoax
You know what is really laughable?

Guess....

Not knowing the African black magic you brought up is exactly same thing..

You're correct.
But I don't think I'm confusing belief in a deity with belief in spirity existence. Like I said earlier on, I was only trying to lay emphasis.
Emphasis on area of ignorance to buttress a point is a logical fallacy. . "We don't know how this happened, therefore maybe it is this that did it.."

Also as you'd agree, most atheists don't believe in anything outside the confines of science. Talk more of spiritual beings.
The belief in supernatural mumbo jumbos is a personal thing.

Most atheists have stepped out of the confines of superstition and so disagrees with any unfounded claims of spirity higi haga.

Some theists also disagree with this too..

Please don't get it twisted, I'm very much science inclined (enthusiast), but I just have that feeling there is more to this life; else what's the essence of life if we are here today and gone tomorrow, forever?
[b]What is the essence of a star, if it here today and tomorrow it is gone.

you were not here before and now you are here why not make it count that you are here now instead of greedily swimming in your fantasies of getting another life.

Essence of life is living it, the trees that you cut down are much alive as you, the chicken you kill are much alive just like you. . I hope they will also get to live somewhere after here?

Am not sure you think so, in the greed and ego of man. humans have prize himself worthy of another life forgetting he is not the only life form on earth, that delusion has kept many bolted in the waters of their own assumptions..

You are have only one life that you are sure of, partake in it's glories, adventures, pains and joys, family and friends . .that is living.

deluding your self with the hope of another is nothing more than wishful thinking of which diminishes your ability to appreciate the one you have.. You were not in existence before you were born and somehow you are greedily clutching to a hope of being somewhere after death. . laughable.

If this is the reason people clutch on to the belief in a God then it is surely a greedy and vainful reason because it stems from the insecurity and inability to think the absoluteness of unconsciousness.
[/b]

Lastly, despite we have contrasting views, I commend your use of polite words in countering my arguments.
I do not recall insulting you perhaps you should show me where i did?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3000 AD by johnydon22(m): 9:40am On Sep 29, 2015
socially4fun:

If black/white magic/sorcery is proven to exist to you, would you change your mindset?

If black magic or sorcery is proven beyond doubt it will only be a proof of black magic and sorcery not something else...
Re: 3000 AD by socially4fun: 12:28pm On Sep 29, 2015
johnydon22:
Exactly that is where "FAITH" the worst form of irrationality steps in. that you have "faith" does not make that your belief true, not even probably true. That you have "Faith" simply means you believe it whether it is true or not.

Faith is a very dishonest position, you shut out reason in the process of clutching on something by faith. you disregard truth when it comes along in order to hold on to your convictions. . That is intellectual dishonesty of faith.
I think I mentioned it. Faith is something beyond human logic. Call it intellectual dishonesty if you please.

johnydon22:

Lmao. . Astral travel is a projection of the mind, it is the mind nothing more. . why not go read about Astral travel and see..

Astral travels in no way defiles physics law or nature itself. . i wonder where you guys get these from. .nature do not have one way of manifestation. Please can you point to me the law of nature being defiled in Astral travel.
Well I'm not well groomed when it comes to the metaphysics, but don't make astral sound so simple

johnydon22:

The point then still remains CHRISTIANITY/ISLAM are unafrican religions and you are the one practising something that is unafrican, something you wanted to accuse Krystalzkris of. .
Iooolz I think I should invite my lawyer ... I never intended accusing krystalzkris. That's the last thing I'd do here. I mean, on what ground do I base my accusations?

johnydon22:

I do not recall insulting you perhaps you should show me where i did?
I said, "I commend your use of polite words."

Hawkins, Hitchens, Stephen fry, to mention a few, debate against top religious scholars about atheism and on most occasions, they win the debate.

That been because philosophy, logic and science favours atheism against theism, little wonder an agnostic barely partakes in such.
Hence I'm backing out of this argument. Maybe you'll do well against a religious jingoist, who'd argue, quoting the Bible, Quran or Torah.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3000 AD by johnydon22(m): 2:04pm On Sep 29, 2015
socially4fun:

I think I mentioned it. Faith is something beyond human logic. Call it intellectual dishonesty if you please.

Well I'm not well groomed when it comes to the metaphysics, but don't make astral sound so simple

Iooolz I think I should invite my lawyer ... I never intended accusing krystalzkris. That's the last thing I'd do here. I mean, on what ground do I base my accusations?

I said, "I commend your use of polite words."

Hawkins, Hitchens, Stephen fry, to mention a few, debate against top religious scholars about atheism and on most occasions, they win the debate.

That been because philosophy, logic and science favours atheism against theism, little wonder an agnostic barely partakes in such.
Hence I'm backing out of this argument. Maybe you'll do well against a religious jingoist, who'd argue, quoting the Bible, Quran or Torah.
Alright... smiley
Re: 3000 AD by menesheh(m): 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2015
johnydon22:
Alright... smiley

Continue nah.

Am feeling it.
Re: 3000 AD by johnydon22(m): 3:08pm On Sep 29, 2015
menesheh:

Continue nah.
Am feeling it.
Hahahaha i like the guy's honesty. . wink
Re: 3000 AD by menesheh(m): 3:16pm On Sep 29, 2015
johnydon22:
Hahahaha i like the guy's honesty. . wink

That's the kind of argument i do appreciate. Being honest instead of blind argument. Being honest in an argument doesn't stop one from projecting more of his other points.

He will soon realize his flaws as he continue researching.
Re: 3000 AD by Krystalzkris(f): 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
socially4fun:

change my mindset about sorcery and magic? it depends on how good the proof is. its just the same as all these bad guys that use cards to deceive people,they'l tell u its magic,but if you look carefully its just some silly tricks.... people who do not Care to know how its done will still believe it as magic... hope you get my point...
Re: 3000 AD by socially4fun: 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2015
menesheh:

He will soon realize his flaws as he continue researching.
Albert Einstein, Albert Einstein, Leonardo da Vinci, Wiener Heisenberg, Isaac Newton, Blaise Pascal, Steve jobs, Bill gates... to mention a few are all great minds who believe in God. so I find it a bit of an embarrassment for you to say I'll change my view if I do more research.
Or you are just been myopic about this subject matter; just like jonnydon22 said, being atheistic or theistic is a matter of individual choice, whether or not it appeals right to philosophical ethics. QED.
Re: 3000 AD by socially4fun: 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2015
Krystalzkris:
change my mindset about sorcery and magic? it depends on how good the proof is. its just the same as all these bad guys that use cards to deceive people,they'l tell u its magic,but if you look carefully its just some silly tricks.... people who do not Care to know how its done will still believe it as magic... hope you get my point...

I get ur point lady. You don't believe in anything outside the perimeter of science, logic and philosophy.
To you, anything that has to do with wizardry, necromancy, soothsaying, Christian miracles... are not real. They're a hoax.
Re: 3000 AD by Krystalzkris(f): 6:03pm On Sep 29, 2015
socially4fun:

I get ur point lady. You don't believe in anything outside the perimeter of science, logic and philosophy.
To you, anything that has to do with wizardry, necromancy, soothsaying, Christian miracles... are not real. They're a hoax.
grincheesy
Re: 3000 AD by menesheh(m): 7:03pm On Sep 29, 2015
socially4fun:

Albert Einstein, Albert Einstein, Leonardo da Vinci, Wiener Heisenberg, Isaac Newton, Blaise Pascal, Steve jobs, Bill gates... to mention a few are all great minds who believe in God. so I find it a bit of an embarrassment for you to say I'll change my view if I do more research.
Or you are just been myopic about this subject matter; just like jonnydon22 said, being atheistic or theistic is a matter of individual choice, whether or not it appeals right to philosophical ethics. QED.

What's your point here. I was talking to my guy johnydon22.
It is your choice to believe anything, am not against that.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kanger Subox Mini Pro Review / The world's 5 ugliest animals (pictures) / Buying Guide For Printers In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.