Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Advised Against Honda Accord.... - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advised Against Honda Accord.... (20605 Views)

Hit And Run Driver Advised To Report Voluntarily To Ajah Police Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 15, 2021
Dozieson:

The code plenty o.. apart from fuel consumption, any major drivability issues?
Dunno if this qualifies as major or minor, but I can't rev the engine up beyond a certain level then it starts jerking till I stop revving it. Apart from that nothing else, works just okay.
Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Dozieson(m): 1:57pm On Dec 15, 2021
Viking07:
Dunno if this qualifies as major or minor, but I can't rev the engine up beyond a certain level then it starts jerking till I stop revving it. Apart from that nothing else, works just okay.

The codes are pointing to faulty oil pressure switch, both oxygen sensors are bad that is why it is consuming fuel. There is a code that is showing that the ECM aka brain box needs attention

1 Like

Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 15, 2021
Dozieson:

The codes are pointing to faulty oil pressure switch, both oxygen sensors are bad that is why it is consuming fuel.
Yes, I just discussed this with the mechanic, should get them replaced this weekend.

Dozieson:
There is a code that is showing that the ECM aka brain box needs attention
Are you referring to P1607 here? PCM?
Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Dozieson(m): 2:54pm On Dec 15, 2021
Viking07:
Yes, I just discussed this with the mechanic, should get them replaced this weekend.

Are you referring to P1607 here? PCM?

Yeah, that code is for the ECM
Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 15, 2021
Dozieson:

Yeah, that code is for the ECM
Should I be budgeting for replacing that one too? cry
Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Dozieson(m): 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2021
Viking07:
Should I be budgeting for replacing that one too? cry

Don't change until you are sure it has a problem. Meet a rewire to help test with another one. Then drive some km with it to see if there is any improvement on your car and code no long available

1 Like

Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2021
Dozieson:

Don't change until you are sure it has a problem. Meet a rewire to help test with another one. Then drive some km with it to see if there is any improvement on your car and code no long available
Thanks a lot.
Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 24, 2021
Dozieson:

Bro good morning, please is 7 litres burnt for a 30km journey on the high side? Or it's just sapa that is worrying me like this. cheesy
Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Dozieson(m): 12:08pm On Dec 24, 2021
Viking07:
Bro good morning, please is 7 litres burnt for a 30km journey on the high side? Or it's just sapa that is worrying me like this. cheesy

It is much for highway journey. I use 6liters for 65km.

Have you worked on the ECU and oxygen sensors?

1 Like

Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2021
Dozieson:

It is much for highway journey. I use 6liters for 65km.

Have you worked on the ECU and oxygen sensors?
I haven't oh. Fixing those issues will gulp approx 30k, still waiting for salary to drop today.
Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Dozieson(m): 1:11pm On Dec 24, 2021
Viking07:
I haven't oh. Fixing those issues will gulp approx 30k, still waiting for salary to drop today.

Okay, salary go drop and you go fix the issues by God's grace

2 Likes

Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by rukyboy(m): 8:25am On Dec 25, 2021
Merry Christmas oo. I say make I join una discussion. My Honda DC guzzles fuel like a monster. I bought it naija used sha.

I'm tired I just left it and stopped driving it for now.

An ideas to improve fuel consumption!
Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Dozieson(m): 11:44am On Dec 25, 2021
rukyboy:
Merry Christmas oo. I say make I join una discussion. My Honda DC guzzles fuel like a monster. I bought it naija used sha.

Go and scan your car and share codes.

Merry Christmas to you

1 Like

Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by buygala(m): 3:27pm On Dec 25, 2021
rukyboy:

Before you crucify the car, driving very short distances tend to guzzle fuel especially in this cold weather..

My own car guzzles about a litre per 4km or even 3km if I drive distances shorter than 5km from cold start...same car will do 9km per litre if I drive above 40km in the city...and 11km or 12km per litre on highway journeys...and it's a v6

This weather isn't fuel friendly, especially for short distance drivers... especially if your vehicle isn't a 4cylinder

I am not saying that's what is wrong with your vehicle...but it's worth looking into
Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 26, 2021
Abeg anyone knows a competent mechanic in Abuja? I’m tired of these Kazeems. cry
Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by dasanchez1(m): 12:32pm On Dec 26, 2021
Viking07:
Abeg anyone knows a competent mechanic in Abuja? I’m tired of these Kazeems. cry
cc : kingreign

2 Likes

Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by kingreign(m): 12:33pm On Dec 26, 2021
dasanchez1:
cc : kingreign

I'm out of town for holiday Sir.

1 Like

Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by dasanchez1(m): 12:35pm On Dec 26, 2021
kingreign:

I'm out of town for holiday Sir.
Alright. Please refer him to a competent hand biko
Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by kingreign(m): 12:40pm On Dec 26, 2021
dasanchez1:
Alright. Please refer him to a competent hand biko

Nah! I don't do referrals anymore. I've been burnt terribly doing so in the past.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Praxtech: 12:55pm On Dec 26, 2021
kingreign:

Nah! I don't do referrals anymore. I've been burnt terribly doing so in the .past.
What of ikenna351 the supervisor mechanic
Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by kingreign(m): 12:58pm On Dec 26, 2021
Praxtech:

What of ikenna351 the supervisor mechanic

Nothing concern me with Peugeot.
Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by dasanchez1(m): 1:07pm On Dec 26, 2021
kingreign:

Nah! I don't do referrals anymore. I've been burnt terribly doing so in the past.
Alright. Sorry on your past experience cry
Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 08, 2022
dasanchez1:
Alright. Sorry on your past experience cry
I’ve sold my Honda Accord yesterday after just 2 months. I won’t wish my worse enemy to get an Honda. My experience was terrible. The car almost wrecked, what am I saying, the car WRECKED me. Spent all my savings fixing and fixing with no solution. Not forgetting how 99.9% of mechanics in this country are USELESS. So useless all they know is money money money. I finally met one with sense who told me the truth - gearbox replacement. If I had been told earlier, all the money I’ve spent buying and replacing different useless sensors almost 200k would have been more than enough to get a Belgium gearbox. But the useless mechanics I met earlier won’t tell you this.

I will be picking up my Corolla today. Even if they dash you Honda, reject it. This was traumatic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 08, 2022
ife01:
I'm wondering why people usually advise one not to get Honda Accord cars - reason is usually because of 'leg' problems.

I will appreciate enlightenment on what the issues are exactly... I see quite a number of Honda ads here on Nairaland, while tempting and interesting, I also don't want to be a victim of "I told you."

Advice please.
If it was only because of leg issues then it’d have been manageable. They have serious transmission issues. I never knew how rampant it was till I googled and saw lots of warnings. Mehn you’re better off trekking than buying an Honda.

Trust me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by dasanchez1(m): 7:43am On Jan 08, 2022
Viking07:
I’ve sold my Honda Accord yesterday after just 2 months. I won’t wish my worse enemy to get an Honda. My experience was terrible. The car almost wrecked, what am I saying, the car WRECKED me. Spent all my savings fixing and fixing with no solution. Not forgetting how 99.9% of mechanics in this country are USELESS. So useless all they know is money money money. I finally met one with sense who told me the truth - gearbox replacement. If I had been told earlier, all the money I’ve spent buying and replacing different useless sensors almost 200k would have been more than enough to get a Belgium gearbox. But the useless mechanics I met earlier won’t tell you this.

I will be picking up my Corolla today. Even if they dash you Honda, reject it. This was traumatic.

1 Like

Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Dozieson(m): 7:45am On Jan 08, 2022
Viking07:

I need a clear info here;

Was the gear box your only issue?
Did you replace it? Is the car working fine before you sold it?

What other issue did you notice with Honda?
Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Dozieson(m): 7:47am On Jan 08, 2022
Viking07:
If it was only because of leg issues then it’d have been manageable. They have serious transmission issues. I never knew how rampant it was till I googled and saw lots of warnings. Mehn you’re better off trekking than buying an Honda.

Trust me.

But the gear is cheap to replace. I think the recommended gear oil is the major issues here
Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 08, 2022
Dozieson:

I need a clear info here;

Was the gear box your only issue?
Did you replace it? Is the car working fine before you sold it?

What other issue did you notice with Honda?
Gearbox was the issue, I don't want to use the word ONLY because it'd diminish how frustrating that ''only" issue is /was. It all started with my D4 blinking, if you remember I posted it here.

The car won't enter gear 4 like I cant exceed 80km no matter how I try to. First diagnostics after scanning pointed to one gear sensor or solenoid as it is called on youtube, I posted all the codes here on this page, I got it replaced, yet the issue persisted, they now requested I change another sensor again, which I did, then another sensor and another sensor and another sensor, then they said it was one cord like that that needed to be changed, I bought it. It was like the more I spend the more things got worse. Once I put my car on the reverse you'll hear one heavy sound, almost like a gunshot, my back engine seat got damaged due to the heavy pull...chai Viking007, you have suffered. cheesy The final mechanic did his own abracadabra and the D4 stopped blinking, but once I drive for like 15 mins it'd start blinking again, that was when he suggested a gearbox replacement. Without the blinking, the car moves swiftly, but once the blinking starts everything scatters, I now had to drive the car like a manual vehicle, changing gear myself.

Bear in mind that these sensors are not less than 10k each in Zuba with ABEG. After spending approx 170k on different sensors and various mechanic workmanship destroymanship, I couldn't believe my ears when I was told I now need to shell another 120k to buy a gear box. I just sold it off.
Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Dozieson(m): 9:25am On Jan 08, 2022
Viking07:
Gearbox was the issue, I don't want to use the word ONLY because it'd diminish how frustrating that ''only" issue is /was. It all started with my D4 blinking, if you remember I posted it here.

The car won't enter gear 4 like I cant exceed 80km no matter how I try to. First diagnostics after scanning pointed to one gear sensor or solenoid as it is called on youtube, I posted all the codes here on this page, I got it replaced, yet the issue persisted, they now requested I change another sensor again, which I did, then another sensor and another sensor and another sensor, then they said it was one cord like that that needed to be changed, I bought it. It was like the more I spend the more things got worse. Once I put my car on the reverse you'll hear one heavy sound, almost like a gunshot, my back engine seat got damaged due to the heavy pull...chai Viking007, you have suffered. cheesy The final mechanic did his own abracadabra and the D4 stopped blinking, but once I drive for like 15 mins it'd start blinking again, that was when he suggested a gearbox replacement. Without the blinking, the car moves swiftly, but once the blinking starts everything scatters, I now had to drive the car like a manual vehicle, changing gear myself.

Bear in mind that these sensors are not less than 10k each in Zuba with ABEG. After spending approx 170k on different sensors and various mechanic workmanship destroymanship, I couldn't believe my ears when I was told I now need to shell another 120k to buy a gear box. I just sold it off.

Eyaaa! It is well. Sorry for the bad exp

But those codes you shared are not related to gear box

The car brain box is the issue
Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 08, 2022
Dozieson:

Eyaaa! It is well. Sorry for the bad exp

But those codes you shared are not related to gear box

The car brain box is the issue
Yes, that was what mechanic number 4 thought too, we changed and tested 2 brand new brainbox, no difference.
Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Dozieson(m): 11:15am On Jan 08, 2022
Viking07:
Yes, that was what mechanic number 4 thought too, we changed and tested 2 brand new brainbox, no difference.

Brain box works with parts number. If you don't get it right, I won't work well

Again, the PCM could be the fault
Re: Advised Against Honda Accord.... by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 08, 2022
Dozieson:

Brain box works with parts number. If you don't get it right, I won't work well

Again, the PCM could be the fault
Oh well, good riddance. Thanks for your efforts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2015 Polaris Slingshot SL LE : A Review Of Dino Melaye's Luxury Car / Why You Should Use 5w-20 , 5w-30 Engine Oils For Cars Between 2000-2014 / Advice On First Car To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.