Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Help Urgently Needed... This Lady Is Dying In Ketu. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help Urgently Needed... This Lady Is Dying In Ketu. (693 Views)

Please Help My Mum Is Dying / RSS Officers Rush Woman In Labour To Hospital In Ketu (photos) / This Lady Was HIV Positive At 14, Her Looks At 22 Now (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Urgently Needed... This Lady Is Dying In Ketu. by coolaustyne(m): 5:56pm On Sep 26, 2015
A very sick and weak woman has been laying in front of some shops on Alhaji Oluwatoyin Str off Araba Layout,Alapere. This lady has been there for about 2 days.I decided to call the LASG emergency 767 number to report this case as i thought she would have left before morning.I gave them all the required descriptions and they promised sending personnel ASAP. After more than 2 hours, a LASAMBUS ambulance with 2 nurses came around. The nurses came down, took one look at the woman and said that they could not help her! That it was a ”social service” rescue unit that was responsible. We begged them to at least provide some 1st Aid to the woman as she was obviously dehydrated and very frail and weak but to no avaiI. Someone got across to a senior official at LASEMA who requested to speak with the nurses but the nurses refused to talk with the LASEMA staff and drove off without rendering ANY form of help to the woman. The LASEMA official eventually got across to the ”Social Services” unit who sent a vehicle with some staff. On getting to the scene,they also said it was not their responsibility & that the patient needed medical attention first from LASAMBUS before they (social services unit)can take her away as she was very weak and might not survive a ride in their car. They then put a call through (I guess to their control\operations centre) and requested for a fresh ambulance to be sent to the scene. Though they waited for about 1 hour for the ambulance, but as they were not forth coming, the rescue operation of social services left as well. As I write,the lady is lying weak & helpless and almost dead on the street. Two emergency operations have come but none discharged their duties but shelving responsibilities and buck passing. Pls spread until it gets to the appropriate authorities so they can come to pick her up and save a life. Lets raise our voices via social media till it is heard.This is uncalled for.
Re: Help Urgently Needed... This Lady Is Dying In Ketu. by marshalcarter: 6:26pm On Sep 26, 2015
If 2 ambulance came nd ntn was done...we cnt do anytin also
Re: Help Urgently Needed... This Lady Is Dying In Ketu. by coolaustyne(m): 11:33am On Sep 27, 2015
The Lagos state ambulance finally came yesternyt to carry her...
I know we can't do anything, but spreading this I believe helped in getting a good response from d medical team. Those that came earlier kept pushing d responsibility to another; instead of helping the lady..
If she was related to any of the health workers: would dey claim dey ain't responsible for taking care of her.
most of dis health workers don't know deir responsibilities...
Re: Help Urgently Needed... This Lady Is Dying In Ketu. by marklew: 7:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
walahi..
Re: Help Urgently Needed... This Lady Is Dying In Ketu. by sparcolette: 2:17am On Sep 28, 2015
Lost of humanity....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Anti-ageing Care With Gnld Supplements / Online Wealth Markets / 10 Foods Made In China You Should Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.