Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Should Church Be Shut For 1 Sunday 2 Mourn A Pastor (my Experience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Church Be Shut For 1 Sunday 2 Mourn A Pastor (my Experience (586 Views)

Who Is Going To Church This Morning, Na Which Church Be Dat? / Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? / Money,sex,power..what Could This Church Be Teaching(see Handbill) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Church Be Shut For 1 Sunday 2 Mourn A Pastor (my Experience by seunfunmi33(m): 8:18pm On Sep 26, 2015
Some weeks ago, my friend invited me to his church anniversary. On the D day, I was set and waiting for my friend to come pick me up.

But when he came, he welcomed me with a sad news about how their Parish pastor died on Saturday evening in an auto accident while making preparation for the anniversary. Then immediately my mood changed and I told my friend that so no service today abi? His reply shocked me, in his words he answered "SAY WETIN HAPPEN, WHY WE NO GO WORSHIP? EVEN DADDY G.O DIE TODAY, CHURCH NO GO CLOSE DOWN".

I was surprised with such heartless reply and true to his words, the anniversary still held that day with an emergency pastor sent down to conduct the service. The church only mourn the man during service.

So my question is, is what the church did right or they should have postpone the anniversary and church service for that Sunday to mourn the man of God that died. Tell us your thoughts about it or if u have experienced any like it
Re: Should Church Be Shut For 1 Sunday 2 Mourn A Pastor (my Experience by seunfunmi33(m): 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2015
Cc: seun lalasticlala ishilove oam4j . FP PLS for more views and comments
Re: Should Church Be Shut For 1 Sunday 2 Mourn A Pastor (my Experience by Annunaki(m): 8:34pm On Sep 26, 2015
Business must kontinu na, abi you want them to miss out on the tights, offerings and special thanks giving offering for the anniversary cheesy
Re: Should Church Be Shut For 1 Sunday 2 Mourn A Pastor (my Experience by seunfunmi33(m): 8:40pm On Sep 26, 2015
Annunaki:
Business must kontinu na, abi you want them to miss out on the tights, offerings and special thanks giving offering for the anniversary cheesy
But we talking of someone's life. Not just anybody but a man that has dedicated all his life to the house of God
Re: Should Church Be Shut For 1 Sunday 2 Mourn A Pastor (my Experience by Annunaki(m): 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2015
seunfunmi33:
But we talking of someone's life. Not just anybody but a man that has dedicated all his life to the house of God

Sadly there are several contradictions in the church today. undecided
Re: Should Church Be Shut For 1 Sunday 2 Mourn A Pastor (my Experience by Vikky014(f): 10:51am On Sep 27, 2015
HMMMMMM. NA WAOH
Re: Should Church Be Shut For 1 Sunday 2 Mourn A Pastor (my Experience by seunfunmi33(m): 11:20am On Sep 27, 2015
Cc: lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Is Drinking Of Alcohol A Sin? / Stealing From God / Are Muslims Trying To Revive The Islamic Jihad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.