Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Is Drinking Of Alcohol A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Drinking Of Alcohol A Sin? (583 Views)

Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol / Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? / Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Drinking Of Alcohol A Sin? by christopheru(m): 1:25pm On Sep 30, 2015
Good daY Nairalanders. I'm just tired of this arguement so I decided to bring it here. Well, I just wanna go straight to the point. Just as the Topic says Is drinking a sin? In some verses of the bible you'll see where its condemned and in some other verses you'll see where its not totally condemned. Like I know of the "drink but dont be drunk" law in the Bible. So what do you say. Are you among the school of thought that will say To DRINK is NOT a SIN but to be DRUNK is a sin or Are you among the school of thought that will say To DRINK ALCOHOL at all is a sin? Your Views...
Re: Is Drinking Of Alcohol A Sin? by bxcode(m): 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2015
christopheru:
Good daY Nairalanders. I'm just tired of this arguement so I decided to bring it here. Well, I just wanna go straight to the point. Just as the Topic says Is drinking a sin? In some verses of the bible you'll see where its condemned and in some other verses you'll see where its not totally condemned. Like I know of the "drink but dont be drunk" law in the Bible. So what do you say. Are you among the school of thought that will say To DRINK is NOT a SIN but to be DRUNK life is a sin or Are you among the school of thought that will say To DRINK ALCOHOL at all is a sin? Your Views...
You are going about it in the wrong manner because you making it look as if those that drink alcohol will go to hell. No, but the value that alcohol will add to your life is more or less negative because it will lead to doing things that basically destroys you both physically and spiritually. Alcohol gives you a false euphoria and leaves you living in pure deception. Whether you drink alcohol or not, God will still love you but it will make your heart hardened towards God if you want to grow spiritually. I have stopped taking alcohol for some years now so don't think that am indulging in it and looking to justify my actions.

1 Like

Re: Is Drinking Of Alcohol A Sin? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
bxcode:

You are going about it in the wrong manner because you making it look as if those that drink alcohol will go to hell. No, but the value that alcohol will add to your life is more or less negative because it will lead to doing things that basically destroys you both physically and spiritually. Alcohol gives you a false euphoria and leaves you living in pure deception. Whether you drink alcohol or not, God will still love you but it will make your heart hardened towards God if you want to grow spiritually. I have stopped taking alcohol for some years now so don't think that am indulging in it and looking to justify my actions.

Nice post!

That's exactly why once you receive the holyghost, He will lead you away from drinking alcohol and doing other things that are not pleasing to God!

(1) (Reply)

Einstein's' "God Does Not Play Dice" Wrong? / Evidence Of Jesus Christ Existence / Exclusive Photos From Theexperience10 Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.