Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,002 members, 7,852,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:39 PM

Afghan New Law - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Afghan New Law (765 Views)

Russia Brings In New Law: Paedophiles Will Be Castrated / US General Shot Dead By Afghan Soldier / Us Kills Innocent Women And Children In Afghan Drone Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Afghan New Law by Ikomi(m): 1:16pm On Apr 17, 2009
Afghan President Hamid Karzai has ordered an urgent review of a controversial new law that critics say might tolerate rape within marriage.

1 wives are obliged to have sexual relations with their husbands at least once every four days

2 women cannot leave home without their husband's permission

Critics say the law limits the rights of women from the Shia minority and authorises rape within marriage.

To be honest I don't have a problem with the number 1. Honestly if I was leaving in Afghanistan ad be very happy with the first one, but at the same time it will seriously leave me wondering what in the world the law makers are doing, should they be busy thinking about how to improve the life's of the citizenry's, or they spend there time reading penthouse.

Honestly av always believed there are crazy places on earth, its been confirmed to me everyday.
Re: Afghan New Law by ifyalways(f): 2:53pm On Apr 17, 2009
. . . . i have a problem with the word " wives " angry it wud have been understandable if it were "couples" and i hope men cant leave the house without their wives consent. undecided
Such a lawless law !
Btw Ikomi,where do u get ur weird news?weird news carrier tongue
Re: Afghan New Law by Ikomi(m): 2:58pm On Apr 17, 2009
I wish am ur husband, inshort that law is perfect.

Since u need my permision to go out, it would always be - u cant go out until u give some nicki.

Such that allowing u to go out would be a gift for given some nicki.

Look I think Afghan is the best place to live. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Jackson Doc Gave Him Drug Before Death / Nigeria Drops Cheney Charges After Undisclosed Settlement / Us Army Prepares For Nigeria Break Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.