Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,922 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Gionee M5 Discussion Thread - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread (28129 Views)

Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread / Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by Mystiq25(m): 7:59am On Sep 28, 2015
flawless911:
Yea that's true.. But their major fones get released here too like M5.. Aniway if d F103 is not released here, I will order it online
I hope it will be launched here later, I am also interested.

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by Kamaye(m): 8:11am On Sep 28, 2015
flawless911:
Yea that's true.. But their major fones get released here too like M5.. Aniway if d F103 is not released here, I will order it online
the fashion series of Gionee fones is a new one and they will be releasing fones with the F letter just like M2 of marathon series, P4 of Pioneer series, E7 of the E series, S5.1 of the S series and CTRL V5 of the CTRL series. The F103 is the first in the fashion series so I think Gionee may introduced it later to Nigerian market.

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by flawless911(m): 10:40am On Sep 28, 2015
Kamaye:
the fashion series of Gionee fones is a new one and they will be releasing fones with the F letter just like M2 of marathon series, P4 of Pioneer series, E7 of the E series, S5.1 of the S series and CTRL V5 of the CTRL series. The F103 is the first in the fashion series so I think Gionee may introduced it later to Nigerian market.
Yea dats what am banking on.. Nigeria is one of their major markets so I dnt think they will let this fone pass us by
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by jworos(m): 12:55pm On Sep 28, 2015
Op more reviews please.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by haykay2005: 2:15pm On Sep 28, 2015
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by obisite: 9:35pm On Sep 28, 2015
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by Ryanxu: 12:56am On Sep 29, 2015
guys, you know gionee very well
Kamaye:
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by warrenweste(m): 12:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
u guys should make these thread lively na
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by Matex(m): 4:56pm On Sep 29, 2015
Does this device support SD card?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by hakunajay(m): 6:28pm On Sep 29, 2015
Matex:
Does this device support SD card?

Yeah
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by Matex(m): 6:54pm On Sep 29, 2015
hakunajay:

Yeah
Thanks.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by dukeo(m): 9:55pm On Sep 29, 2015
Who don buy this phone ? Do the proper thing please instead of just opening a thread and walking out..what and what comes in the box,pictures of the phone , battery stats screenshots et fucking c

undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by invisibility: 10:26pm On Sep 29, 2015
Peace55:

The talking point of this device is the battery backup which feature's a 6020mah backup capacity and of course it has FAST CHARGE CAPABILITY (IT took me just 2hrs:20 minutes to get the device fully charged from 0% to 100%) and it took the device 12hrs to melt down from 100% to 7% on FULLY HEAVY USAGE MODE I.e brightness at 25%...........

Please exactly how does 25% brightness translate to a part of HEAVY USAGE. Heavy usage is supposed to go with at the least a 70% brightness.

If a 6020mah battery perfomed only 12hrs of heavy usage at 25% brightness then the performance is not impressive at all. That means the phone software and hardware are not well tuned and optimised to conserve power. A well tuned and optimised phone will even provide more than 12hrs heavy usage at 3000mah battery.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by Chryshumble: 12:51pm On Sep 30, 2015
Does it have LED indicator light? #gionee m5
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by warrenweste(m): 1:03pm On Sep 30, 2015
no more review? angry
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by 1one: 5:25am On Oct 01, 2015
To be honest, I don't have the power to do a review... But what I can say is it's a wonderful phone in almost all ways... Especially the camera... The front camera is amazing, even in the night.

However, one of the major trips for me that made me rush to buy this phone was the colossal battery capacity -a whooping 6020mah battery. You would expect that such a battery would last for atleast 24hours even on heavy usage...UNFORTUNATELY THIS ISNT SO.

I charged the phone to a 100percent around 9:38pm. I didn't play videos, I didn't listen to songs, I didn't download nothing... The only "major" power usage was the hotspot. So I used it to chat from 10pm til 4am. As at 4am it was already at 60percent

As at 5pm On the same day, it had gotten to 2percent.

So in summary from 9:30pm on Tuesday to 5pm on Wednesday it had drained from 100% to 2%. Personally for me I find this to be a very distasteful development because all my mind was "I go use this phone play game tire"

Since the battery is literally two 3000mah stacked together, I don't know if maybe I've been using only one of the batteries....but If truly a 6000mah battery can last barely 12hours with moderate usage... then it's quite dissapointing to say the least.

I've used a Gionee M2 before and in terms of battery...Gionee M2 destroys this Gionee M5

Every other thing about the phone is on point... No lagging, very easy on the eyes UI, Impressive body build etc. But if you're buying the M5 because you think you can use it for a whole day without charging. You will be dissapointed.

3 Likes

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by Mystiq25(m): 6:58am On Oct 01, 2015
1one:
To be honest, I don't have the power to do a review... But what I can say is it's a wonderful phone in almost all ways... Especially the camera... The front camera is amazing, even in the night.

However, one of the major trips for me that made me rush to buy this phone was the colossal battery capacity -a whooping 6020mah battery. You would expect that such a battery would last for atleast 24hours even on heavy usage...UNFORTUNATELY THIS ISNT SO.

I charged the phone to a 100percent around 9:38pm. I didn't play videos, I didn't listen to songs, I didn't download nothing... The only "major" power usage was the hotspot. So I used it to chat from 10pm til 4am. As at 4am it was already at 60percent

So in summary from 9:30pm on Tuesday to 5pm on Wednesday it had drained from 100% to 2%. Personally for me I find this to be a very distasteful development because all my mind was "I go use this phone play game tire"

Since the battery is literally two 3000mah stacked together, I don't know if maybe I've been using only one of the batteries....but If truly a 6000mah battery can last barely 12hours with moderate usage... then it's quite dissapointing to say the least.

I've used a Gionee M2 before and in terms of battery...Gionee M2 destroys this Gionee M5

Every other thing about the phone is on point... No lagging, very easy on the eyes UI, Impressive body build etc. But if you're buying the M5 because you think you can use it for a whole day without charging. You will be dissapointed.

I think Gionee got it wrong with this one, they have a good record of producing phones with long lasting battery. A 6000mah battery should last more than 12hrs even on heavy usage because my Gionee M2 mini with 3000mah battery last for at least 20hrs on moderate usage.

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by dukeo(m): 7:21am On Oct 01, 2015
Mystiq25:
I think Gionee got it wrong with this one, they have a good record of producing phones with long lasting battery. A 6000mah battery should last more than 12hrs even on heavy usage because my Gionee M2 mini with 3000mah battery last for at least 20hrs on moderate usage.

maybe I no de buy this phone again o
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by dukeo(m): 7:27am On Oct 01, 2015
1one:

another thing is can you change fonts without root ?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by 1one: 8:04am On Oct 01, 2015
dukeo:

another thing is can you change fonts without root ?

I don't know bruh...I'm not a fan of font changing
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by 1one: 8:08am On Oct 01, 2015
Mystiq25:

I think they did too....I used Gionee M2 in the first half of last year and the battery was superb ...I never had issues with battery zapping down with moderate usage.

Since my initial post.... My battery is now at 68 percent.

I don't even want to think of it so that I won't get annoyed. I've bought the phone...in the next six months, I'll change it.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by 4peace(m): 12:10pm On Oct 01, 2015
1one:

9.38PM to 5pm to me is approx 20 hours not 12 hours or did i miss anything from your post
Also Nothing kill battery faster more than hotspot and screen brightness

6 Likes

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by abogjohn(m): 12:58pm On Oct 01, 2015
4peace:

9.38PM to 5pm to me is approx 20 hours not 12 hours or did i miss anything from your post
bro i agree about the screen as it is an HD screen but hotspot zapping ba3 i will be against dat bro.. Dis 6020mah should at least last for 30 to 35 hrs on moderate usage... No playing hd games or hd movies.... Wanna buy dis bfor but now maybe i should wait for other reviews... because my mind is dat i wan use d fone nack games die. Observing sad
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by meshachdbuzz(m): 1:01pm On Oct 01, 2015
Mayb u should let it go off then try putin it on and see mayb d oda 3000mah is til fresh 4 usage. Just guesin tho since dey said its daul ba3
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by abogjohn(m): 1:02pm On Oct 01, 2015
meshachdbuzz:
Mayb u should let it go off then try putin it on and see mayb d oda 3000mah is til fresh 4 usage. Just guesin tho since dey said its daul ba3
lool is dat posibble? shocked
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by daremarvell: 1:15pm On Oct 01, 2015
redefined300:

How Many Years did you expect the ba3 to last? undecided
The battery is rubbish. Infinix Hot note battery performs better
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by meshachdbuzz(m): 1:16pm On Oct 01, 2015
abogjohn:
lool is dat posibble? shocked
grin
abogjohn:
lool is dat posibble?
The users should try it na shocked
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by daremarvell: 1:20pm On Oct 01, 2015
invisibility:

Please exactly how does 25% brightness translate to a part of HEAVY USAGE. Heavy usage is supposed to go with at the least a 70% brightness.

If a 6020mah battery perfomed only 12hrs of heavy usage at 25% brightness then the performance is not impressive at all. That means the phone software and hardware are not well tuned and optimised to conserve power. A well tuned and optimised phone will even provide more than 12hrs heavy usage at 3000mah battery.
very true. The battery is not up to that. It is 3600mAh battery
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by daremarvell: 1:23pm On Oct 01, 2015
1one:

you are a honest reviewer bro. I was actually thinking of having the phone. They probably lied about the battery

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by warrenweste(m): 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2015
more battery reviews pls
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by StanleyVC: 1:47pm On Oct 01, 2015
For those of you bashing the ba3 performance of m5, i don't know what you were expecting when buying the phone but you should have known by now that the bigger the screen, the much the ba3 is consumed, i have the phone and am not regretting buying it so don't discourage others.

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread by DeBright5(m): 2:53pm On Oct 01, 2015
4peace:

Exactly, it's 20 hours. The battery backup is not too bad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How You can have a Twin Version of YOURself in a video using your "smartphone." / Camon Cx Users : How To Change Fonts On Your Smartphone / Apple Threatened Facebook Ban Over Slavery Posts On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.