Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland (1480 Views)

Customization Of Newspapers Theme / Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) / A Throwback Pic Of Nairaland Wayback 2005 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by bonezy: 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
Dear nairalander's am an web developer with so much love for nairaland.com and like most of us nairaland users has been clamoring for an upgrade and modification of nairaland.com so i decided to do a little modification of nairaland.com with php,bootstrap,html5 and icon font

Things i worked on

login page
registrations page
post display page
inbox page
notification page
mobile and pc view (nairaland.com uses responsive view but am using different css )
also improved all the forms
http://ladysnote.com

http://ladysnote.com/register

http://ladysnote.com/login

pls this is not a case of copying Mr Seun's hard work am doing a simple playing around with my talent just rate me and let tell oga seun dat it time to upgrade nairaland and i believe there alot off programmers on nairaland.com lyk dat will be willing to do dat for free i will be willing and gratefull to do a html5 sketch of what nairaland.com shuld look like if upgraded and make it better in all forms if Mr seun will give me a go ahead.

Contact me on : ovabeat@gmail.com for any question or private mail here for any question once again happy Sunday to you all.
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by zinachidi(m): 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
show us na.
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by bonezy: 9:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
zinachidi:
show us na.
sorry i have updated it
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by kishimi8(m): 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
Facebook and Twitter plugins ruin sites, and that flat modern look is no longer appealing, however it's a nice redesign.
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by bonezy: 10:24pm On Sep 27, 2015
kishimi8:
Facebook and Twitter plugins ruin sites, and that flat modern look is no longer appealing, however it's a nice redesign.

Thanks alot am very gratefull
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by fattbabakay(m): 10:13am On Sep 28, 2015
I prefer nairaland
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by shiinihost: 10:23am On Sep 28, 2015
bonezy:

Thanks alot am very gratefull

bonezy this is really amazing. it's perfect for embedding on client's websites.

However, you need to create more space for the text box.

How do i get this script?
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by Loadedcity: 11:26am On Sep 28, 2015
bonezy:
Dear nairalander's am an web developer with so much love for nairaland.com and like most of us nairaland users has been clamoring for an upgrade and modification of nairaland.com so i decided to do a little modification of nairaland.com with php,bootstrap,html5 and icon font

Things i worked on

login page
registrations page
post display page
inbox page
notification page
mobile and pc view (nairaland.com uses responsive view but am using different css )

pls this is not a case of copying Mr Seun's hard work am doing a simple playing around with my talent just rate me and let tell oga seun dat it time to upgrade nairaland and i believe there alot off programmers on nairaland.com lyk dat will be willing to do dat for free i will be willing and gratefull to do a html5 sketch of what nairaland.com shuld look like if upgraded and make it better in all forms if Mr seun will give me a go ahead.

Contact me on : ovabeat@gmail.com for any question or private mail here for any question once again happy Sunday to you all.

Pls check your Gmail Inbox
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by bonezy: 12:31pm On Sep 28, 2015
shiinihost:

bonezy this is really amazing. it's perfect for embedding on client's websites.

However, you need to create more space for the text box.

How do i get this script?

send me an email i can't do dat here
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by Loadedcity: 12:54pm On Sep 28, 2015
bonezy:

check your Mail inbox again
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by bonezy: 1:01pm On Sep 28, 2015
Loadedcity:
check your Mail inbox again
i hv already replied your mail
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by bonezy: 1:03pm On Sep 28, 2015
fattbabakay:
I prefer nairaland
am not against that just want to kwn how u feel about my work
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by Loadedcity: 1:31pm On Sep 28, 2015
bonezy:

i hv already replied your mail

Check once again
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by Loadedcity: 5:15pm On Sep 28, 2015
Loadedcity:

Check once again
Check
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by Loadedcity: 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2015
Loadedcity:
CheckCheck
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by DualCore1: 7:16pm On Sep 28, 2015
Apart from the header section (which is very well done), every other part is a poor implementation of bootstrap or any design skill and will pass for a class exercise for students of a basic html class. I cannot provide a detailed review about this project as it lacks ingenuity and I doubt the sincerity of its purpose.

You claim this is just for the fun however I cannot understand the rationale behind having this on its own domain with its own logo, running live ads and placing a copyright on content you have gotten from Nairaland without permission.

You don't take a scrapped Toyota Camry, fix it, change the name from Toyota Camry to Yatoya Rycam, put it up for sale and say its not a rip off of Toyota that you're only trying to encourage Toyota.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by illuminatic: 9:43pm On Sep 28, 2015
Can you build a forum like this for me on Blogger cos am tired of changing host? I want this script to be on bblogger platform and search engine friendly.
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by illuminatic: 9:47pm On Sep 28, 2015
bonezy:

Can you build a forum like this for me on Blogger cos am tired of changing host? I want this script to be on bblogger platform and search engine friendly.
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by bonezy: 6:46am On Sep 29, 2015
illuminatic:
not on blogger but if you get a new host i will do dat for you all you need to do is point ur domain name to your new host
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by bonezy: 6:56am On Sep 29, 2015
DualCore1:
Apart from the header section (which is very well done), every other part is a poor implementation of bootstrap or any design skill and will pass for a class exercise for students of a basic html class. I cannot provide a detailed review about this project as it lacks ingenuity and I doubt the sincerity of its purpose.

You claim this is just for the fun however I cannot understand the rationale behind having this on its own domain with its own logo, running live ads and placing a copyright on content you have gotten from Nairaland without permission.

You don't take a scrapped Toyota Camry, fix it, change the name from Toyota Camry to Yatoya Rycam, put it up for sale and say its not a rip off of Toyota that you're only trying to encourage Toyota.

Thanks for your kind review
the work was for fun but my class mate requested for it so i gave it out with out kwn the site waz going to be successful many of them ask me to do a review of it on nairaland the poor implementation waz me trying to retain nairaland simplicity and which is way Much better Dan what we currently have here, i hope you understand i will do better than dat if given a week cuz that whole work was done i 3days i would have love to continue the project but it already a nairaland thing and i like been original am given it out to people that want to test it.less i forgot it seo friendly than nairaland. My whole respect goes to nairaland.com and seun.
Once again thank you for your kind review
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 29, 2015
I also don't think it is written with HTML 5 backbone. Your declaration says

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN"
"http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd">

I don't have time to look into your syntax but for all I know it is written on XHTML Mobile Profile 1.0, it is understandable because Opera Mini browser messes up HTML 5 pages.

I don't want to be harsh but I don't see how the forum you posted above is an upgrade on Nairaland, however , I like your header and the way you used the modern div unlike Nairaland that depends on archaic table.
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by bonezy: 9:36am On Sep 29, 2015
JN1:
I also don't think it is written with HTML 5 backbone. Your declaration says

I don't have time to look into your syntax but for all I know it is written on XHTML Mobile Profile 1.0, it is understandable because Opera Mini browser messes up HTML 5 pages.

I don't want to be harsh but I don't see how the forum you posted above is an upgrade on Nairaland, however , I like your header and the way you used the modern div unlike Nairaland that depends on archaic table.

yeah opera min browser mess up html5 that y i tried to maintain most of the xhtml mixed with html5 pattern and i tried to maintain same nairaland simplicity.
I can't say it really an upgrade of nairaland but more of customization
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by Loadedcity: 5:41pm On Sep 30, 2015
bonezy:

yeah opera min browser mess up html5 that y i tried to maintain most of the xhtml mixed with html5 pattern and i tried to maintain same nairaland simplicity.
I can't say it really an upgrade of nairaland but more of customization

Check mail
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by Loadedcity: 8:24pm On Oct 10, 2015
bonezy:

Things i worked on

login page
registrations page
post display page
inbox page
notification page

guy check your mail
Re: Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland by Loadedcity: 4:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
bonezy:

Things i worked on

login page
registrations page
post display page
inbox page
notification page

check ur mail again.

(1) (Reply)

Online MLM Business Classified Advertising Services / Exchange Of Phished Facebook Accounts (facebook Group Members Adders) / Free Sure Match Tips 4th Dec 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.