Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. - Education (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. (496283 Views)

2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide / 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by mathefaro(m): 5:07pm On Dec 21, 2016
Benjax:

Oh, Thank you. I'm waiting.
search for Kimberly Spice on Facebook and discuss with her. She made a research on this quite recently. You can also contact me through mail : mathefaro@gmail.com I have someone who just got admitted into UI through DE who did Alevel program. When you contact me, I'll give you his number.
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by stred: 5:13pm On Dec 21, 2016
donnubzy:

funny thing is @pharmacy yu'd still see much blood..... especially during practicals n test experiments...... so what's the point??..... unless yur mind is with pharmacy
sad thought practicals would be with drugs and all those cry my mind is fixed on pharm sha
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by Benjax(m): 6:57pm On Dec 21, 2016
mathefaro:
search for Kimberly Spice on Facebook and discuss with her. She made a research on this quite recently. You can also contact me through mail : mathefaro@gmail.com I have someone who just got admitted into UI through DE who did Alevel program. When you contact me, I'll give you his number.

Yeah...you've got my e-mail. The subject is "School Chat".
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by mathefaro(m): 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2016
Benjax:

pleas resend it, I didn't get it
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by Benjax(m): 9:19pm On Dec 21, 2016
mathefaro:
pleas resend it, I didn't get it

have done it.
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by dearpiriye: 1:59am On Dec 22, 2016
Benjax:

what do you want to know about alevels. I did alevel and got admitted through direct entry
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by Benjax(m): 9:19am On Dec 22, 2016
dearpiriye:
what do you want to know about alevels. I did alevel and got admitted through direct entry

Ok. Plz do u mind giving me your phone number or E-mail address?
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by collozzuz: 6:01pm On Dec 22, 2016
Just passing by
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by donnubzy(m): 6:07pm On Dec 22, 2016
stred:
sad thought practicals would be with drugs and all those cry my mind is fixed on pharm sha

lol....... after mixing d chemicals n drugs, what next??..... yu'd use lab rats to test what yu made na...... n some may even require yu to disect them open to do yur observation...... but since yur mind is on pharmacy... yur good to go
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by Haryoade(m): 7:35pm On Dec 22, 2016
saleemema:

Can't say what?
Next year what? Isn't next year's admission processes different from this year?
You're arguing what you do not understand in the first place. Now, I'm telling you authoritatively that no second list is coming out. You can choose to believe otherwise, but it doesn't change the fact.
woh ah mean is d nxt admission process whch is d 2017/2018's .,dnt evn think am ignorant
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by dearpiriye: 10:34am On Dec 23, 2016
Benjax:

Ok. Plz do u mind giving me your phone number or E-mail address?
PrinnyOfodoks@gmail.com
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by Cheap: 2:25pm On Dec 23, 2016
Good Afternoon

Are you seeking admission into any of the Nigerian Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education?

Do you want to participate in the upcoming JAMB, WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB?

Information is very crucial.

Join the "OFFICIAL FACEBOOK GROUP FOR ALL 2017/2018 ASPIRANTS BY CLICKING THIS LINK===> https:///1156760994443655

After joining the group, you can ask any question and you'll be answered fully.

Thanks for your time...
I wish you the very best in all your endeavors.
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by saleemema(m): 3:05pm On Dec 24, 2016
Drdonzeez:
It's very much possible..Nothing will happen..that policy is just a formality.Its of no use in Nigeria.. Many of my friends wrote jamb again while they were in 200L and gained admission, yet,nothing happened
Could you please name your department?

Drdonzeez:
.[s]Most of these special advisers are not even students yet[/s].
This is hasty generalization. The fact that the thread is meant for incoming students does not warrant this conclusion.
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by kola123: 9:39pm On Dec 25, 2016
#MyCampusMate has been Unveiled Officially.#

Join
https://mycampusmate.com/registration.php

community to enjoy more within and outside Campus. MCM get you In vogue in Campus.it helps you to meet different students in various institutions most especially within local and foreign state.

Please rebroadcast to all your friends and other groups in your campus.
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by mayorxyneyo: 7:48am On Dec 27, 2016
Does anyone know the O'level and UTME requirements to study Food Tech in UI, pls? Really need to know soon!
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by shurlar50(m): 9:17am On Dec 27, 2016
mayorxyneyo:
Does anyone know the O'level and UTME requirements to study Food Tech in UI, pls? Really need to know soon!
5 ‘O’ level subjects at one sitting or 6 ‘O’ level
subjects at 2 sittings to include English
Language, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and
Mathematics with any one of the following
subjects as the case may be: Agricultural
Science, Further Mathematics, Technical
Drawing, Economics, Geography, Metal Work and
Wood Work.
UTME: English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Dont make the mistake of choosing Biology, UI doesn't accept Biology as a UTME requirement for courses under faculty of TECHNOLOGY.
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by zenith4biz(m): 11:00am On Dec 27, 2016
Please, is Education and Chemistry available as a a course in UI
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by jboycoded(m): 2:45am On Dec 28, 2016
zenith4biz:
Please, is Education and Chemistry available as a a course in UI
yeah, there is chemistry on its own as a course under faculty of Science and education:chemistry as another under a different faculty
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by mayorxyneyo: 8:12am On Dec 28, 2016
shurlar50:

5 ‘O’ level subjects at one sitting or 6 ‘O’ level
subjects at 2 sittings to include English
Language, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and
Mathematics with any one of the following
subjects as the case may be: Agricultural
Science, Further Mathematics, Technical
Drawing, Economics, Geography, Metal Work and
Wood Work.
UTME: English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Dont make the mistake of choosing Biology, UI doesn't accept Biology as a UTME requirement for courses under faculty of TECHNOLOGY.
Thanks a lot 4 d reply but what does d "as d case may be" imply for the Agric,F/Maths and other subjects listed?
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by shurlar50(m): 8:53am On Dec 28, 2016
mayorxyneyo:

Thanks a lot 4 d reply but what does d "as d case may be" imply for the Agric,F/Maths and other subjects listed?
It means should Incase you will be applying with 2 sittings which requires that you chose 6 'O' level subjects, you will chose your 6th subject from Agric or other subjects listed (in addition to the basic 5 'O' level: Eng, PHY, Chem, Bio and Maths).
However, If you are applying with one sitting...you only need the basic 5 subjects forementioned.

ui.edu.ng/content/advertisement-course-requirements
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by nairaimporter: 5:22pm On Dec 28, 2016
For freshmen who have been admitted to the Faculty of Technology

Join this WhatsApp group

https:///J1L7WYuiAOYHrbSqtPDz02
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by nairaimporter: 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2016
THE NEED FOR A MOVEMENT AGAINST FEE INCREMENT (PART 1)

By Ojo Aderemi [13/12/2016. 08:28]

INTRODUCTION

Education is the only way to build Nigeria or anywhere else. Without giving education (to the masses) the society, which, according to Chinua Achebe, is the greatest invention of man, will perish. Let us quickly take a look at the gains education has made;

1) Education has allowed man the cerebral position to establish education itself.
2) Education has allowed man to build a mighty civilization
3) Society was built by education
4) Technology -i.e
>the roads that are efficient for transportation was built by education.
>the rail roads,
>the automobiles,
>airplanes,
>cruise ships, submarines, water boats etc etc
>the military -Army, Navy, Airforce (although it is a pressure machine of the government to suppress people but at least it has prevented Boko Haram and Alqaeda to come down and kill all of us) was built by education
>Medicine
>condoms (a great medical invention)

In short, education is the oxygen for life. Before education industrialized the world, the average life expectancy of people (especially in Ancient Rome where proper education was only given to the rich) was 30 years. Today, with the policy of mass literacy (in context of tertiary education), life expectancy in Cuba is 92 years. Thanks to education.

That slavery (i.e trade in human beings) stopped is simply a manifestation of education (which secreted immunity against the barbaric inclination of the mind of those who practiced slave trade). Education has not only destroyed the institution of slavery but also historically reduced violence. Fighting was, hitherto, a culture in so many places but education cures man of his inclination to violence (or simply reduced it). Men now engage in talks more than guns. An attestation to the fact that education improves both psychological and material maturity of human beings. Education will prevent people from accumulating primitive wealth. EDUCATION MADE ME ASK MYSELF WHY I SHOULD HAVE UP TO A BILLION NAIRA IN MY ACCOUNT WHEN OVER 80 PER CENT OF MY FELLOW NIGERIANS ARE WALLOWING IN POVERTY. Education has so much informed my mind such that I believe I do not need more than six pairs of shoes -even at the height of my career. Kilaun ba ka?

WHY FREE EDUCATION POLICY MAKES A LOT OF SENSE.

After an inter-faculty debate at the Faculty of Law in 2015 (can't remember right now the exact month and day) I placed an argument, in support of free education, on table. I was to be rebutted by Akinsanya Damilola (now Sultan Bello Hall Mayor elect), with the part of the Nigerian constitution which negated the policy of free education. Truly the constitution makes provision for free education -at every level -in Nigeria, it stipulates that that part of the constitution can only be implemented at the discretion of the government. Of course the government will NEVER do that until it is forced to do so -by the combined revolutionary forces of the people. The video of that Faculty of Law speech if mine is available for watch on YouTube. Simply search "Tuition fee, to be or not to be by Ojo Aderemi". Adebajo Adekunle posted it there.

THE AMERICAN EXAMPLE

Many Americans could not attend school (colleges and Universities) not because they do not want to but simply because they couldn't afford it.

Let's take a brief look at the history of education in the United States of America;

Lawrence Wittner, an emeritus Professor of History at the State University of New York in an October 2015 article in Huffington Post wrote that;

"Unable to afford college, many young people never attend it or drop out along the way. Studies have found that the primary reason young people cite for not attending college is its enormous cost. Many other young people can afford to attend college only by working simultaneously at paying jobs (which takes time away from their studies) and/or by running up enormous debt."

Many Americans, in a bid to pay for University education joined the army and were sent abroad to be killed. Some were sent to Iraq and Afghanistan to be maimed and blown into pieces by bombs and mortals while defending the interests of a nation that cares little about them or their future.

Previously, many Universities in America operated a free education system. Emeritus Professor Lawrence Wittner wrote in the same article that;

"In 1862, to provide educational opportunity for the “sons of toil,” the U.S. Congress passed the Morrill Act, establishing land-grant public colleges and universities on a tuition-free basis. For roughly a century thereafter, many American public colleges and universities either charged no tuition or a nominal fee for attendance. The State University of New York ( SUNY ) system—the largest in the nation—remained tuition-free until 1963. The University of California system, established in 1868, had free tuition until the 1980s.

In recent decades, however, the situation has changed dramatically, with tuition costs soaring to dizzying heights at both public and private colleges. Between 1978 and 2013, American college tuition reportedly rose by 1,120 percent. Last year, the average annual cost for undergraduate tuition and fees at public colleges and universities was $9,139 for state residents and $22,958 for out of state residents. At the University of California, yearly undergraduate tuition and fees now stand at $13,251 for state residents and $37,959 for out of state residents. The cost is considerably higher at private colleges and universities , which average $32,599 yearly for tuition and fees. The ten most expensive average $50,632 a year. These figures, of course, do not include additional thousands of dollars for room, board, books, and other living costs."

If you get education and your friends could not, they will become liabilities to the society when tomorrow comes. Education removes the "animalistic" character in us and without it, the "animalistic" character in us will be properly sustained. And you will not entirely enjoy what you think you deserve to have that others, because they are poor, did not deserve. Those who didn't go to school today will want to survive too. The instrument of survival (money) might be in your hands. They'll want to have it by every means necessary (including violence and other means) and you may lose your life for it.

WHY INCREMENT MAKES NO SENSE

A United Nations, UN, report on Nigeria’s Common Country Analysis, CCA, described Nigeria as one of the poorest and unequal country in the world, with over 80m of her population living below poverty line.

Nigeria is one of the poorest countries in the world, with over 80 million or 64% of her population living below poverty line. The situation has not changed over the decades, but is increasing. Poverty and hunger have remained high in rural areas, remote communities and these cut across the six geo-political zones, with prevalence ranging from approximately 46.9 percent in the South West to 74.3 percent in North West and North East.

Youth unemployment is currently (in 2016) 42%, creating poverty, helplessness, despair and easy target for crime and terrorism. Over 10 million children of school age are out of schools with no knowledge and skills.

Nigeria’s economy is currently in a recession and it is estimated that government revenues have fallen by as much as 33 percent, which has further resulted in the contraction of the Gross Domestic Product, GDP, by 0.36 percent in the first three months of 2016.

Only one of my roommates still eats chicken on a regular basis. I take my Garri and cold pure water (sometimes in the morning) and wait for God's miracle alert. I know of fellow students who sow their rubber slippers with 20 naira in a cobbler's shop. In short, the poverty is visible. Yet, the academia has embarked on an incessant barrage of austerity measures. In this recession...

END OF PART 1

Ojo Aderemi,
Ibadan, Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by Mhizzibah(f): 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2016
please can anybody re-add me to the active whatsapp group for Freshers?
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by nairaimporter: 8:47am On Dec 29, 2016
Mhizzibah:
please can anybody re-add me to the active whatsapp group for Freshers? -08136150431

Ok will add you.
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by larabae13(f): 3:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
Have you guyz seen this? If u avnt go nd check it out @ www.admissions.ui.edu.ng

Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by Fembleez1(m): 5:29pm On Dec 29, 2016
In case you know any of them or not, do share till it gets to them.

Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by Allocsoluwatosi(m): 4:57am On Dec 30, 2016
Any elect/elect fresh guyz should chat with me for any useful info about the upcoming academic session
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by jboycoded(m): 9:17am On Dec 30, 2016
Allocsoluwatosi:
Any elect/elect fresh guyz should chat with me for any useful info about the upcoming academic session
morning boss, yr contact plz
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by Allocsoluwatosi(m): 9:55am On Dec 30, 2016
jboycoded:

morning boss, yr contact plz
AM SORRY BRO I CAN ONLY SHARE INFO ON NAIRALAND FOR NOW DUE TO SOME ISSUE WITH MY PHONE.
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by cassyrooy(m): 10:32am On Dec 30, 2016
collozzuz:
Just passing by
Adeleke! grin grin
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by jboycoded(m): 11:09am On Dec 30, 2016
Allocsoluwatosi:
AM SORRY BRO I CAN ONLY SHARE INFO ON NAIRALAND FOR NOW DUE TO SOME ISSUE WITH MY PHONE.
OK. first question then, how many courses in total are we taking/offering in 100level??

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (196) (Reply)

Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker / Niger Delta University 2018/19 NDU POST UTME "Past Questions" / University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.