Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Features I Wish Were Present On Whatsapp. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Features I Wish Were Present On Whatsapp. (1390 Views)

See All The Amazing New Features I Got On My L9 Plus Today [pictures] / 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had / Five Amazing Features I Love On Camon C9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Features I Wish Were Present On Whatsapp. by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 28, 2015
Almost everyone is on whatsapp, but WhatsApp is far from a finished product. If WhatsApp can include these features, then it becomes the coolest instant messenger.

1)Add more meaningful smileys. A lot of useless Smiley's we dont even know what emotion they represent are jambpacked on WhatsApp. Some smileys are so strange looking, they dont pass the intended emotion. Since Facebook now owns WhatsApp, they should add more meaningful smileys, bbm Smiley's are more reàlistic, they shld copy them.

2)Remove limit on types of file sendable. People should be given more options to send any type of file of any size, it isnt rocket science.

3)Increase group members limit to atleast 200 members, this is especially useful to university stdents who create groups for their departments,clubs, fellowships etc. That have more than 100 members.

4)Push privacy settings to individual contacts. So that one can decide whether specific people can see ur dp or status without blocking them.

5)Video calling. This isnt a bad idea, just like Skype, and Facebook messenger , they can bring video calling into WhatsApp.

6)Checked your profile. They can include this, so we know who is always checking our profile out. grin wink

7)Moving smileys and stickers to make WhatsApp more fun.

coolPrivate chat and message retràcting.

Add yours.
Re: Features I Wish Were Present On Whatsapp. by Whizpeter(m): 1:56am On Sep 28, 2015
If only Wishes were house...
Re: Features I Wish Were Present On Whatsapp. by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 28, 2015
U make sense... esp that group number
Re: Features I Wish Were Present On Whatsapp. by theunusualmoon(m): 8:06am On Sep 28, 2015
Quote someone's comment in a group chat like we do on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Features I Wish Were Present On Whatsapp. by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 28, 2015
They should also create a feed like on WhatsApp which updates with people's profile picture and status message changes. Create that and BBM will be truly finished/unattractive!
Re: Features I Wish Were Present On Whatsapp. by Collinz2(m): 8:53am On Sep 28, 2015
stop complainin here cus they wont hear u, if u use android go to playstore and lay ur complaint there.

1 Like

Re: Features I Wish Were Present On Whatsapp. by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 28, 2015
theunusualmoon:
Quote someone's comment in a group chat like we do on Nairaland.
Same on bbm
Re: Features I Wish Were Present On Whatsapp. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 28, 2015
Collinz2:
stop complainin here cus they wont hear u, if u use android go to playstore and lay ur complaint there.

Says who? U dont realise the position of nairaland worldwide.
Re: Features I Wish Were Present On Whatsapp. by 01ghostmode: 3:57pm On Sep 28, 2015
Notify u when any of ur contacts changes his/her status or profile pics, jst like in 2go then.
Re: Features I Wish Were Present On Whatsapp. by Youngpo413: 5:02pm On Sep 28, 2015
Only number 2 and 5 are
Re: Features I Wish Were Present On Whatsapp. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 28, 2015
8. Temporarily block unwanted messages from a group chat without having to quit the group
Re: Features I Wish Were Present On Whatsapp. by timilehing(m): 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
Nothing going satisfy una. I'm sure non of you here has ever paid 1kb for using WhatsApp before & you're all here ranting. Y don't u develop your own App with all features included then release it free
Bunch of Ingrates

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Features I Wish Were Present On Whatsapp. by NCP: 6:26pm On Sep 28, 2015
@OP, am with Mark at the moment and we are seriously discussing the points you just raised. But, the guy said you may have to pay for some of these Premium Features.

l will just suggest that you try and create an app similar to Whatsapp with the same features. GBaam, you might hit Gold and Dollars.
Re: Features I Wish Were Present On Whatsapp. by willian10: 6:34pm On Sep 28, 2015
After doing all these, some people ll still rate 1/5 star, that they should add option to deliver pizza and to be able to use it to send money
WhatsApp is best of it kind
Re: Features I Wish Were Present On Whatsapp. by Collinz2(m): 8:38pm On Sep 28, 2015
Dapo777:

Says who? U dont realise the position of nairaland worldwide.
forget that guy they wont hear u here.
Re: Features I Wish Were Present On Whatsapp. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 29, 2015
timilehing:
Nothing going satisfy una. I'm sure non of you here has ever paid 1kb for using WhatsApp before & you're all here ranting. Y don't u develop your own App with all features included then release it free
Bunch of Ingrates

So other messengers that have those features without collecting money from u are fools abi? undecided

They told u they don't have means of getting profit out of it uhn? undecided
Re: Features I Wish Were Present On Whatsapp. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 29, 2015
willian10:
After doing all these, some people ll still rate 1/5 star, that they should add option to deliver pizza and to be able to use it to send money
WhatsApp is best of it kind

Lol. Those people that give such ratings were sent by rivals
Re: Features I Wish Were Present On Whatsapp. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 29, 2015
NCP:
@OP, am with Mark at the moment and we are seriously discussing the points you just raised. But, the guy said you may have to pay for some of these Premium Features.

l will just suggest that you try and create an app similar to Whatsapp with the same features. GBaam, you might hit Gold and Dollars.

What premium features? undecided
Why am I not paying Facebook messenger and Skype for video calling?
Why am I not paying bbm for unlimited file type/size sharing or private chat and message retracting?
Why am I not paying viber and bbm for stickers? Or Facebook for moving Smiley's.

I really don't know what you mean by premium features.
undecided
Re: Features I Wish Were Present On Whatsapp. by labimide: 9:41pm On Oct 03, 2015
like and unlike button, especially for group chats.

(1) (Reply)

The New Apple Iphone 7 Plus Will Have 256 GB Of Internal Memory And More Battery / How To Turn Your Android Phone Into A Dedicated Server In 5minutes Or Less / The Best Cheapest High-end Smartphone In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.