Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

A Fresh Computer Science Graduate From University Of Lagos Willing To Work - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Fresh Computer Science Graduate From University Of Lagos Willing To Work (1087 Views)

Vacancy For Computer Science Graduate Trainee / I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month / A Lagos Based I.t Firm In Ikeja Requires Competent Computer Science Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Fresh Computer Science Graduate From University Of Lagos Willing To Work by chyneze(f): 12:41am On Apr 18, 2009
Hello everyone,
i'm a fresh female graduate of computer science from university of lagos witha 2nd class lower bsc degree.While waiting for the NYSC program i wish to get a job inĀ  order to gain more experience in my field.I'm not a total novice in the fieldĀ  because i have worked in an IT firm for about 8months.Gettign a job has been difficult so i decided to use this medium to search for one.I'll be very greatful if anyone out there can help me with one.i'm ready and willing to put in my best into it.You can get back to me via this e-mail address smoothchic_8701@yahoo.com.
Thank you for your assistance.
Re: A Fresh Computer Science Graduate From University Of Lagos Willing To Work by onaives(m): 11:41pm On Apr 18, 2009
Okay! Let's have it this way, shall we?

Foremost, getting a job is not as difficult as you think. You probably did not play your cards well,

Getting a good job in a very competitive world such as ours requires a lot- far more than skills and experience.

Here are my suggestions.

1. Re-package yourself. When seeking a quality (high paying job), you are not expected to sell yourself as a job seeker. NEVER PRESENT YOURSELF AS A JOB SEEKER.

I honestly do not think that any organisation would be willing to grant a labour opportunity to 'job seekers'. They are not philantrophists, They simply need smart individuals who can practically become an asset to the company. Their major focus right now is PROFIT!!!

Question.

How do you intend to increase their leverage in the market place?

How do you intend to develop their competitive value?

How do you intend to boost their profit margins?

What plans do you have to shift their brand positioning?

Many more questions will be asked,

One more secret.

Perception is key in your job search.

Please, change your email address. Ensure it is very presentable and professional.

Good luck.

Re: A Fresh Computer Science Graduate From University Of Lagos Willing To Work by adapcee(m): 12:58am On Apr 19, 2009
oh thats really good and usefull,you better make use of it
Re: A Fresh Computer Science Graduate From University Of Lagos Willing To Work by AjanleKoko: 6:23pm On Apr 19, 2009
Start by looking for a job that you can use your previous experience to sell yourself.
Maybe lower the bar a bit and not bother too much about the big glamorous companies who always shortlist 30,000 people for test, and ask for 2.1. Lots of small IT firms advertising in Guardian all the time. You can give one of them a shot. Just keep the applications going out regularly and one will eventually come through.
I started my career in a very small software company, pay was lousy, I got the job from Guardian, had to write test and do interview, and I only got the job because someone they preferred didn't show up. But I really put my back into it, and worked extra hard to learn coding. With God on your side your breakthrough will come eventually.
If you can find a sponsor, get yourself busy by either doing postgrad or IT certifications, to help your knowledge and your CV as well.
I agree with that poster who recommended you change your email address. Try and get one that's your name.
Just my two cents.

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancies In Uk / Restaurant Staff Needed Urgently / Honeywell Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.