Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,856 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Amazing!! 11-year-old Boy Helps Mum Deliver Baby Brother At Home (photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Amazing!! 11-year-old Boy Helps Mum Deliver Baby Brother At Home (photos) (1418 Views)

Okada Rider Who Fled After His Wife Gave Birth To Triplets, Comes Home. Photos / Nigerian Couple Show Why Husbands Should Help Their Wives At Home. Photos / 11-Year-Old Boy Maltreated By Stepmum: See The Highest Order Of Child Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing!! 11-year-old Boy Helps Mum Deliver Baby Brother At Home (photos) by ChuzzyBlog: 7:29pm On Sep 28, 2015
11-year-old boy has earned himself some accolades after his unique role during the delivery of his baby brother. James Dukes is no longer seen just as a child anyone could meddle with, but a doctor and ‘guardian angel’ as well.

Dukes from Marietta, Georgia, swung into action as soon as his mum, Kenyarda, got into sudden labour while her husband was away at work.

“Suddenly, I could not get to bed. I just collapsed on the floor,” she said.

Dukes called the 911 and the emergency operator gave him instructions on what to do to help his mother deliver the baby, reports CBNS. He was also directed on what to do to keep the newborn safe by removing mucus from the mouth and nose and how to keep the baby warm until help could arrive.

He told the operator, “My mom just had a baby at the house and she needs somebody to come.” and the dispatcher responded, “OK, gently wipe off the baby’s mouth and nose, wrap him in a clean, dry towel.”

The young boy did as he was told and the family couldn’t be more proud of their superhero.

“It didn’t really scare me, it was more just like, let me clean the baby off, make sure he’s okay, make sure my mom’s okay,” said Dukes.

His proud mum added: “He was my support, and he was my guardian angel. He was the man, he was the doctor, and he was my superhero.”

The mother and her new baby boy named Royal, were transferred to a nearby hospital, where they met Dr. Eric Brown, who was supposed to deliver the baby.

Dukes apparently loved what he did for his mum and yearns to do more to save the lives of other expectant mothers.

Now, he just cant help with the dreams of becoming a doctor and Dr Brown is very much interested in helping him actualize his dreams.

Video available via the link below

http://www.chuzzyblog.com/2015/09/amazing-11-year-old-boy-helps-mum.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amazing!! 11-year-old Boy Helps Mum Deliver Baby Brother At Home (photos) by ifex370(m): 7:32pm On Sep 28, 2015
only in Amelika

1 Like

Re: Amazing!! 11-year-old Boy Helps Mum Deliver Baby Brother At Home (photos) by HARDDON: 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2015
wow!

but the sight is weird!

cant imagine......seeing ur mama ....... with the scream et all
Re: Amazing!! 11-year-old Boy Helps Mum Deliver Baby Brother At Home (photos) by resty4(m): 7:44pm On Sep 28, 2015
May u live 2 realize dream boy.

1 Like

Re: Amazing!! 11-year-old Boy Helps Mum Deliver Baby Brother At Home (photos) by jrupa(m): 8:07pm On Sep 28, 2015
Simply Amazing........truly Heroic. I pray d young hero actualize his dreams.

1 Like

Re: Amazing!! 11-year-old Boy Helps Mum Deliver Baby Brother At Home (photos) by Pidggin(f): 9:01pm On Sep 28, 2015
Must have been traumatic for him regardless of the fake smiles, this young man is brave indeed.
Re: Amazing!! 11-year-old Boy Helps Mum Deliver Baby Brother At Home (photos) by cococandy(f): 6:12am On Sep 29, 2015
So I guess witnessing a birth is not that terrible after all.
Re: Amazing!! 11-year-old Boy Helps Mum Deliver Baby Brother At Home (photos) by Exponental(m): 7:30am On Sep 29, 2015
ifex370:
only in Amelika
other than Lagos, which state has an emergency number? who will instruct on what to do? we need national emergency numbers too.
Re: Amazing!! 11-year-old Boy Helps Mum Deliver Baby Brother At Home (photos) by freecocoa(f): 8:04am On Sep 29, 2015
Pidggin:
Must have been traumatic for him regardless of the fake smiles, this young man is brave indeed.
How do you know the smile is fake? The kid's brave alright but I wouldn't expect less from an 11 years old whose mum is in that kind of situation.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Domestic Violence Against Men / Married Man Slaps The Living Day Light Out Of His Wife. / URGENT!!! My Ex Say She's Pregent For Me And I Dont Want The Baby PLS HELP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.