Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. - Properties (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. (57250 Views)

Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice / Pls How Much Will Finish This 2bedroom Bungalow / Guide To Home Painting: Calculating Volume Of Paint Needed For Your Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by EndiaSami: 7:11am On Dec 24, 2015
spyder880:
The sweethome Valencia set.
Sharp cheesy
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 7:37am On Dec 24, 2015
gabbytabby:

The wire use is dependent on how many light and sockets you have . Do you have 2 or 4 sockets per room also do you have 2 or 4 light points in the bedrooms. The outside lights and fence lights are they a lot. All this come to play when assessing if wires is right or not. Water heater included, how many AC points.

Also try to include the price per roll.

Just to give you heads up he has not included all the wires cos I do not see 10mm copper or 16mm aluminium and he might use some reckling? Supply wire.

Quantity wise it appears much for an average 5 bed bungalow especially on the 4 and 6mm. If you are monitoring I would say buy half initially.

Madam, your knowledge on building matters has passed the normal level, you are a full Professor now. My respects. cheesy
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 7:43am On Dec 24, 2015
nextstep:
Seriously longthroating this house. Everything on point from walls to cabinets to chandelier to interlocking stones. May God progress all our ministries in the coming year.

Oga spyder, care to give an estimate for the plastering and painting for this house (per sq ft if you have it)?

I'm also seriously considering your carpenter for my cabinets as I mentioned. Does he buy the wood or will I have to supply? I'm guessing it's plywood or some other preformed. Any cost estimates there you'd care to give? Like how much for the wardrobe in the masters suite, or how much to put together the kitchen cabinets?

I'm always surprised at how much finishing and furnishing a house costs. If they say, it costs 5M to reach lintel, mentally multiply by 3 or 4 to finish (20M)

Thanks so much for all your fantastic work and leadership. God continue to shine his light upon you! I pray we get a chance to work together. I'm based around Asaba

The plastering and painting will be calculated later, as work is ongoing.

For the cabinets, there are 4 large cabinets (floor to ceiling high x 10ft wide in most rooms) and 3 smaller units of (6ft high and 4 ft wide) plus kitchen units in two big kitchens (1 upper floor and 1 ground floor) . The total bill I paid for all the works, materials, workmanship, transportation, etc is N1,200,000.00 and he has almost completed his works. This excludes the kitchen marble counter top which comes at around N150,000.00 for the two kitchens, delivered but not fitted.

2 Likes

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by gabbytabby: 9:42am On Dec 24, 2015
spyder880:

Madam, your knowledge on building matters has passed the normal level, you are a full Professor now. My respects. cheesy

If you are planning on a cost efficient build you end up becoming like a hawk, observing and monitoring.

Oga spyder I really don't know how you do it several build over several states. May God continue to give you strength.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by gabbytabby: 9:43am On Dec 24, 2015
spyder880:

If you are planning on a cost efficient build you end up becoming like a hawk, observing and monitoring.

Oga spyder880I really don't know how you do it several build over several states. May God continue to give you strength.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by PeoplesArmy: 10:49am On Dec 24, 2015
Spyder what type of paint did you use for the interior? Emulsion? What brand?
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by mavverick: 1:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
spyder880:

The plastering and painting will be calculated later, as work is ongoing.

For the cabinets, there are 4 large cabinets (floor to ceiling high x 10ft wide in most rooms) and 3 smaller units of (6ft high and 4 ft wide) plus kitchen units in two big kitchens (1 upper floor and 1 ground floor) . The total bill I paid for all the works, materials, workmanship, transportation, etc is N1,200,000.00 and he has almost completed his works. This excludes the kitchen marble counter top which comes at around N150,000.00 for the two kitchens, delivered but not fitted.

Oga Spyder
Ever wondered why you have such a huge following... Honesty pays..
I wish most people are like you sha.
May god continue to give you the strength...

What a lot of people dont understand is that, if I was the owner of this house and after delivering such an ediface, if spyder says he wants X amount, me i will put my hand in my pocket and give him oo. At the end of the day, he has earned it and not stolen it. This is what I wish our younger so called engineers on this forum could learn.

7 Likes

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by nice2000: 4:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
spyder880:

I think it's okay.

Ok

Thanks very much for your reply, have a nice xmax
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by mufutau55(m): 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
Oga Spyder, I beg how much is this white door below and what type of door is it?

Hajji M.

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 9:58pm On Dec 24, 2015
mufutau55:
Oga Spyder, I beg how much is this white door below and what type of door is it?

Hajji M.

China, N21,500 pere cheesy
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by mufutau55(m): 10:03pm On Dec 24, 2015
spyder880:

Thanks my Oga. I assume this is same steel door... and with that your Yoruba proficiency, West dey call you for projects o.

Hajji M.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by mavverick: 10:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
Also Oga Spyder

Is there a name for the 21k doors, what do you think about american panel and such doors ?
Secondly, do these doors have tio have a peep hole ? that hole for checking who is by the door, just looks odd me thinks, having that as an internal door with the peep hole.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 7:16am On Dec 25, 2015
mufutau55:

Thanks my Oga. I assume this is same steel door... and with that your Yoruba proficiency, West dey call you for projects o.

Hajji M.

My Oga, I am brushing up on my Yoruba lingo because I plan to hit Lagos for projects this coming year, my several Oga's at my former company were Yoruba men, very good men who taught me many Yoruba words, I am sure I hear the language largely because of that, even as I never lived in the west ever. Eku ise o grin grin

1 Like

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 7:21am On Dec 25, 2015
mavverick:
Also Oga Spyder

Is there a name for the 21k doors, what do you think about american panel and such doors ?
Secondly, do these doors have tio have a peep hole ? that hole for checking who is by the door, just looks odd me thinks, having that as an internal door with the peep hole.

Its steel, and made by many different companies, this brand is the AMAC type and a little better than the others I found, it has a peep hole but I think its for external doors that they had in mind, I always place these doors so the peeping side will be inside the rooms, and we can block the hole with a little seal if not in use. I dont know much about American Panel doors, I know much about German, Israeli, Turkish and Chunese doors and their fittings, frames, architraves......
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by mufutau55(m): 3:44pm On Dec 25, 2015
spyder880:

My Oga, I am brushing up on my Yoruba lingo because I plan to hit Lagos for projects this coming year, my several Oga's at my former company were Yoruba men, very good men who taught me many Yoruba words, I am sure I hear the language largely because of that, even as I never lived in the west ever. Eku ise o grin grin

Nice to hear this Oga Spyder. I pray to God for me to become your first Client in the Western part. Keep up the good work.
You will be highly welcomed.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by dubemcapital(m): 8:46am On Dec 27, 2015
mavverick:

Oga Spyder
Ever wondered why you have such a huge following... Honesty pays..
I wish most people are like you sha.
May god continue to give you the strength...

What a lot of people dont understand is that, if I was the owner of this house and after delivering such an ediface, if spyder says he wants X amount, me i will put my hand in my pocket and give him oo. At the end of the day, he has earned it and not stolen it. This is what I wish our younger so called engineers on this forum could learn.

God bless you mavverick for the observations and advise. It's always Good to stand out from the corrupt crowd though it may not be easy o, but has a greater reward and continuity as advantage. Oga spyder keep it up cool
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by adanny01(m): 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
Please spyder880

Have you come across this door in the first pic below? If yes, how much it went for in China or Turkish quality. Its a wooding door with architrave frame.

The second pic is of china wooden doors with frame on display but i have not seen the frame to know if it has an architrave. Some one told me these doors go for 9k.

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by PeoplesArmy: 4:31pm On Dec 27, 2015
adanny01:
Please spyder880

Have you come across this door in the first pic below? If yes, how much it went for in China or Turkish quality. Its a wooding door with architrave frame.

The second pic is of china wooden doors with frame on display but i have not seen the frame to know if it has an architrave. Some one told me these doors go for 9k.

These are flush doors I believe. At 9k you need to watch the quality. Imported Italian ones cost b/w 40 to 45k while locally made ones with marine wood etc and of very good quality is also in same range.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by adanny01(m): 4:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
PeoplesArmy:

These are flush doors I believe. At 9k you need to watch the quality. Imported Italian ones cost b/w 40 to 45k while locally made ones with marine wood etc and of very good quality is also in same range.

The 9k ones are good to go for me depending on location of use.

My friend's house has these doors as internal doors. One has gone bad only because it is in constant contact with water as bathroom door. He uses shower so the bottom part of the door has peeled off. The lower frame wood also came out. Seem like they put the door together will only glue. Others look pretty solid.

However, his doors were bought at 9k without frame and frames were bought separate. I wont mind if these doors come with architrave frame. I will use it internally but use PVC doors in bathrooms. Externally, steel doors are better and turkey preferable/affordable.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 7:32pm On Dec 28, 2015
Some newer additions

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2015
The painter continues

2 Likes

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 11:27am On Dec 29, 2015
Loading interlocking stones to site this morning.........
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by omooba969(m): 5:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
spyder880:

Lovely door, value for money...beautiful. cool

1 Like

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by dubemcapital(m): 9:23pm On Dec 29, 2015
spyder880:
Loading interlocking stones to site this morning.........

Splendid, keep it up.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by nigeriancuban: 10:16pm On Dec 29, 2015
oga spyder weldone sir,hmm you na umpire on your own ooo,look how you just turned Havana to Atlanta... keep up the good work sir
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2015
Let's-go-there cheesy

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 10:21pm On Dec 29, 2015
nigeriancuban:
oga spyder weldone sir,hmm you na umpire on your own ooo,look how you just turned Havana to Atlanta... keep up the good work sir

My brother, we can only do what we have been empowered to do. How your side?

dubemcapital:

Splendid, keep it up.

My man, be getting ready as I may have something for you soon.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 10:22pm On Dec 29, 2015
Ongoing painting of the outer walls.......

2 Likes

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 10:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
Work in progress.........

2 Likes

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by mufutau55(m): 10:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
spyder880:
Let's-go-there cheesy

Funds with a reputable trusted professional Builder goes a long way... I hail Sir.
Let the wailers jump from the bridge... and see how it feels.

Hajji M.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 10:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
mufutau55:

Funds with a reputable trusted professional Builder goes a long way... I hail Sir.

Hajji M.

Thank you Oga mi.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by nigeriancuban: 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2015
spyder880:

My brother, we can only do what we have been empowered to do. How your side?

fine thank you sir,still dey groove for my home town,I will be in lag after the new year celebrations...

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Victims Killed In Lagos Building Collapse (Photos) / Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion / Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.