Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Al-jazeera Is Not A Trusted Website - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Al-jazeera Is Not A Trusted Website (1086 Views)

Did Saudi Truly Ban Qataris From Pilgrimage As Al-jazeera Wants Us To Believe?? / 10 Useless Matters - By Ibn Al-qiyyam / Preparing For The Day Of Judgement By – Imaam Ibn Hajar Al-asqalani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Al-jazeera Is Not A Trusted Website by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 29, 2015
The popular media outlet 'al Jazeera' employs Mehdi Hasan as a TV presenter for their English shows and he is also the author of many articles published by al Jazeera and theguardian. Once you come to know, what Mehdi Hasan is all about, I hope you will stop accepting al Jazeera as a reliable source for news. Shaykh Saalih al Fawzan (hafidhahullaah) mentioned a narration about when the people asked some of the Salaf: ‘Who is better Umar ibn Abdul Azeez or Muawiyah ibn Abi Sufyan? They responded by saying: 'The dust which entered the nose of Muawiyah while he was with the Messenger of Allah ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ is better than Umar ibn Abdul Azeez.' The dust only; this is because no one will equal the Companions; ever." Audio: https://phaven-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/ files/audio_part/asset/1110615/ q7ren4bv5dyg79wsQyzC0aigZTk/______________ .mp3 Mehdi Hasan (who's Oxford debate on Islaam many of you wrongly circulate), yes, that same Mehdi Hasan said about the Sahaba Muawiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ): "The first bonafide Islamophobe was Muawiyah ibn Abi Sufyan. The first Islamophobe media was the media of Muawiyah ibn Abi Sufyan." This despicable Shia Mehdi Hasan then goes on to accuse Muawiyah (radi Allaahu anhu) of fabricating lies about the Qur'aan and the Sunnah! Audio: https://app.box.com/s/44vslpwkrguhcucz qkv0j7tvnso15uvt Ibn Battah reported with an authentic chain of narration, according to Minhaaj-us-Sunnah of Ibn Taimiyyah, that Ibn 'Abbaas (radi Allaahu anhu) said: "Do not revile the Companions of Allaah's Messenger, for one hour spent with Allaah's Messenger by one of them is better than a good deed of one of you (done) for forty years." In the wording reported by Wakee', he says: "...better than a good deed of one of you (done) for his entire life." Imaam Abu Zur’ah Ar-Raazi (rahimahullaah) said: "If you see a man seeking to belittle ONE of the Companions of Allaah's Messenger (sal Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam), then know that he is a heretic (zindeeq). This is because according to us, the Messenger of Allaah is true and the Qur'aan is true. And the only ones who brought this Qur'aan and the Sunan (plural of Sunnah) to us are the Companions of Allaah's Messenger. They only wish to disparage and demolish our witnesses so that they can nullify the Book and the Sunnah, whereas they are more deserving of being disparaged for they are the heretics (zanaadiqah)." Source: Al-Kifaayah of Al-Khateeb: page 97 Mehdi Hasan's speech should make the Sunni angry for Allaah's sake because we should not tolerate anyone belittling ANYONE from the Companions of Allaah's Messenger (sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam) and the fact that al Jazeera employs him and publishes his articles shows their misguidance as well. Some ignorant people say that the division between Sunnis and Shias is based on "politics" and "wealth", that is untrue! Rather, our differing and disassociation from the Shia has always been because of creed ('Aqidah). Shaykh Saalih al Fawzan (hafidhahullaah) warns us from taking anything from al Jazeera. So, beware and protect your heart from doubts and kindly do not promote al Jazeera. Audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=bdKO5WWcxPk

1 Like

Re: Al-jazeera Is Not A Trusted Website by Demmzy15(m): 10:21am On Sep 29, 2015
Chai! Mehdi Hasan don Bleep up, the guy no try at all!
Re: Al-jazeera Is Not A Trusted Website by LagosShia: 7:19pm On Sep 29, 2015
Truthpallbearer:
The popular media outlet 'al Jazeera' employs
Mehdi Hasan as a TV presenter for their English
shows and he is also the author of many
articles published by al Jazeera and
theguardian. Once you come to know, what
Mehdi Hasan is all about, I hope you will stop
accepting al Jazeera as a reliable source for
news.
Shaykh Saalih al Fawzan (hafidhahullaah)
mentioned a narration about when the people
asked some of the Salaf: ‘Who is better Umar
ibn Abdul Azeez or Muawiyah ibn Abi Sufyan?
They responded by saying: 'The dust which
entered the nose of Muawiyah while he was
with the Messenger of Allah ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ
ﻭﺳﻠﻢ is better than Umar ibn Abdul Azeez.'
The dust only; this is because no one will equal
the Companions; ever."
Audio: https://phaven-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/
files/audio_part/asset/1110615/
q7ren4bv5dyg79wsQyzC0aigZTk/______________
.mp3
Mehdi Hasan (who's Oxford debate on Islaam
many of you wrongly circulate), yes, that same
Mehdi Hasan said about the Sahaba Muawiyah
Ibn Abi Sufyan ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ):
"The first bonafide Islamophobe was Muawiyah
ibn Abi Sufyan. The first Islamophobe media
was the media of Muawiyah ibn Abi Sufyan."
This despicable Shia Mehdi Hasan then goes on
to accuse Muawiyah (radi Allaahu anhu) of
fabricating lies about the Qur'aan and the
Sunnah!
Audio: https://app.box.com/s/44vslpwkrguhcucz
qkv0j7tvnso15uvt
Ibn Battah reported with an authentic chain of
narration, according to Minhaaj-us-Sunnah of
Ibn Taimiyyah, that Ibn 'Abbaas (radi Allaahu
anhu) said: "Do not revile the Companions of
Allaah's Messenger, for one hour spent with
Allaah's Messenger by one of them is better
than a good deed of one of you (done) for forty
years."
In the wording reported by Wakee', he says:
"...better than a good deed of one of you
(done) for his entire life."
Imaam Abu Zur’ah Ar-Raazi (rahimahullaah)
said:
"If you see a man seeking to belittle ONE of
the Companions of Allaah's Messenger (sal
Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam), then know that he is
a heretic (zindeeq). This is because according to
us, the Messenger of Allaah is true and the
Qur'aan is true. And the only ones who brought
this Qur'aan and the Sunan (plural of Sunnah)
to us are the Companions of Allaah's
Messenger. They only wish to disparage and
demolish our witnesses so that they can nullify
the Book and the Sunnah, whereas they are
more deserving of being disparaged for they
are the heretics (zanaadiqah)."
Source: Al-Kifaayah of Al-Khateeb: page 97
Mehdi Hasan's speech should make the Sunni
angry for Allaah's sake because we should not
tolerate anyone belittling ANYONE from the
Companions of Allaah's Messenger (sal Allaahu
alayhi wa sallam) and the fact that al Jazeera
employs him and publishes his articles shows
their misguidance as well. Some ignorant
people say that the division between Sunnis
and Shias is based on "politics" and "wealth",
that is untrue! Rather, our differing and
disassociation from the Shia has always been
because of creed ('Aqidah).
Shaykh Saalih al Fawzan (hafidhahullaah) warns
us from taking anything from al Jazeera. So,
beware and protect your heart from doubts
and kindly do not promote al Jazeera.
Audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=bdKO5WWcxPk

how many Christians and non-Muslims who belie the propehthood of Prophet Muhammad (s) that work for al-jazeera? countless!!! this sheikh did not take note of that but only took note of the Shia journalist, who is world-class, working for al-jazeera; because of the accursed Muawiya. if Aljazeera is not a trusted source for news, it wont be because of Mehdi Hassan and the accursed Muawiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan. who killed Imam Hassan Ibn Ali (as)-the grandson of the Prophet (s)? who killed Muhammad Ibn Abu Bakr (ra)? Who killed Malik al-Ashtar (ra)? who Hujr Ibn Adi al-Kindi (ra)? were these not all sahaba of the Prophet (s) the accursed Muawiyah (la) spilled their blood?

what did the Prophet (s) say about Muawiyah (la) according to the books of Ahlus-Sunnah Wal-Jam'ah?

Narrated by 'Ikrima

That Ibn 'Abbas told him and 'Ali bin 'Abdullah to go to Abu Said and listen to some of his narrations; So they both went (and saw) Abu Said and his brother irrigating a garden belonging to them. When he saw them, he came up to them and sat down with his legs drawn up and wrapped in his garment and said, "(During the construction of the mosque of the Prophet) we carried the adobe of the mosque, one brick at a time while 'Ammar used to carry two at a time. The Prophet passed by 'Ammar and removed the dust off his head and said, "May Allah be merciful to 'Ammar. He will be killed by a rebellious aggressive group. 'Ammar will invite them to (obey) Allah and they will invite him to the (Hell) fire."
Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 52, Number 67

Ammar Ibn Yassir (ra) was one of the greatest companions of the Prophet (s). Muawiya and his rebellious group killed Ammar Ibn Yassir (ra) in the Battle of Siffin. Muawiyah (la) waged war against Imam Ali (as), the agreed upon caliph and imam of the Muslims, in the battle of Siffin.

Quote:
Shaykh Saalih al Fawzan (hafidhahullaah) mentioned a narration about when the people asked some of the Salaf: ‘Who is better Umar ibn Abdul Azeez or Muawiyah ibn Abi Sufyan? They responded by saying: 'The dust which entered the nose of Muawiyah while he was with the Messenger of Allah ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ is better than Umar ibn Abdul Azeez.' The dust only; this is because no one will equal the Companions; (end of quote)

Reply:

going by that silly narration al-fawzan mentioned from a silly salaf of his, and going by the narration's illogic, then Abu Lahab, and Abu Jahl are "good" and "honorable" men because they did not only breath in the presence of the Prophet (s), but they were his uncles. and we are ware that Abu Lahab is eternally cursed in the Holy Quran in Suratul Lahab.

on another note, Muawiyah was the son of Abu Sufyan (the arch-enemy of the Prophet). Muawiyah was the son of Hind. Hind is the eater of Hamza's liver, after Hamza-the Prophet Muhammad's (s) righteous uncle- was martyred in the Battle of Uhud. Muawiyah handed over the caliphate to his un-Islamic son , Yazeed. Yazeed was a drunkard and a perverted, obscene and cruel ruler. his rule led to the tragedy of Kabrala and the beheading of Imam Hussain Ibn Ali (as)-the Prophet Muhammad's grandson-and the members of the Prophet's (s) Ahlul-Bayt (as).

however to the Wahhabis, who even differ with mainstream Sunnis on the infamous personalities of Muawiyah and his son Yazeed, they regard Muawiyah and his son highly. thus you see the narration above about the comparison of Umar Ibn Abdul-Aziz and Muawiya. Umar Ibn Abdul Aziz is regarded as the best and most just ruler/caliph from the Banu Umayyah dynasty, who turned the caliphate into a monarchy. therefore, the Wahhabis follow the legacy of Banu Umayyah.they have abused Islam to give the holy land to a monarchy. it is the same legacy. I don't need much to stress the love of the Wahhabis for Muawiyah and Yazeed. see the below video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98bK3V7JNfY

Saudi Wahhabis Name School In Honor Of Yazeed:

https://www.nairaland.com/868603/saudi-wahhabis-name-school-honor

THE MAINSTREAM SUNNI VIEW ON MUAWIYAH CONTRARY TO THE WAHHABI VIEW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srGols1BgEo
Re: Al-jazeera Is Not A Trusted Website by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2015
Hmm welcome bac ck with ur regulr long posts. lagosshia
hmm, so far from what i know of mrhdi hassan, i avent really seen him brnghs shiasm into issues he discusses. Most of d time he speaks against shia discrimination by majoruty sunni dominated societies.
but i stilll need valuable evidence to confirm dis accusation And in dat case i think ill be forced to stop listening to him but not to stop wayching al jazeera
Re: Al-jazeera Is Not A Trusted Website by AlBaqir(m): 2:59pm On Sep 30, 2015
Still on Muawiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan

Another version of the hadith (posted above by LagosShia) reads:

Ikrimah:
Ibn Abbas said to me and to his son Ali, "Go to Abu Sa'id and listen to what he narrates." So we went and found him in a garden looking after it. He picked up his garment, wore it and sat down and started narrating to us until he mentioned the construction of the mosque. Therefore, he said, "We were carrying one adobe at a time while Ammar was carrying two. The Prophet, peace be upon him, saw him and started removing the dust from his body and said, "May Allah be merciful to Ammar. He (Ammar) will be murdered by a baghi group. He (Ammar) will be inviting them (i.e the baghi group) to paradise and they (i.e the baghi group) will be inviting him to HELL-FIRE.. 'Ammar said, "I seek refuge with Allah from affliction."

This hadith is mutawatir, as Imam Ibn 'Abd al-Barr (d. 463H) states:

The reports are mutawatir from the Prophet, peace be upon him, stating that he said, "Ammar will be murdered by a baghi (rebellious) group". This was one of his prophecies, and one of the proofs of his prophethood, peace be upon him, and it is one of the most authentic ahadith.
{al-Isti'ab fi Marifat al-Ashab, vol. 3, p. 1140 (Beirut: Far al-Jil; 1st edition, 1412H)}

Al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar (d. 852H) also submits:
The ahadith are mutawatir from the Prophet, peace be upon him, that Ammar would be murdered by the baghi group, and they (the scholars) had a consensus that he (Ammar) was murdered on the side of Ali at Siffin.
{al-Isabah fi Tamyiz al-Sahabah, vol.4, p. 474, #5720}

Mu'awiyyah Was A Baghi person

Al-Hafiz Ibn Kathir (d. 774H) explains further:
This was the murder of 'Ammar b. Yasir, may Allah be pleased with him, on the side of Amir al-Muminin ' Ali Ibn Abi Talib. He was murdered by the Syrian. From this, the secret of what the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, had predicted that he ('Ammar) would be murdered by baghi group became clear. It became clear from this that 'Ali was upon the Truth and Mu'awiyyah was a baghi person.
{al-Bidayah wa al-Nihayah (Dar Ihya al-Turath al-Arabi; 1st edition, 1408H), vol. 7, p. 296}

Al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar agrees:
The majority of the Ahl al-Sunnah are of the opinion that those who fought on the side of Ali were correct, based on His statement, "If two groups from the believers fight each other" and in it is an order to fight the baghi group. It is firmly established that those who fought against 'Ali were baghi people.

Interestingly, Ibn Hajar ends his explanations with the following:
[color=#990000]Yet, these people (i.e Sunnis), despite their commendation (of the troops of Ali) have a consensus that none of these people (i.e the baghi people) should be criticized. Rather, they (i.e Sunnis) say: They did ijtihad and made mistakes.

{Fath al-Bari Sharh Sahih al-Bukhari, vol. 13, p. 58}

This is also the opinion if an-Nawawi in Sahih Muslim bi Sharh al-Nawawi, vol.18, p. 40.

Whatever the case may be, there is consensus among Sunni Ulama that Mu'awiyah and his troops belong to the Baghi group.

BAGHI GROUP According to Quran

Quran reads:
Verily, Allah commands you to do justice and kindness, and to give to kith and kin, and forbids corrupt behaviours, evil deeds and al-baghi (i.e being a baghi person or group). He admonishes you, that you may take heed. {Q.16:90}

With this noble verse, Muawuyah and his armies were an illegitimate group. And the clear statement of the Prophet completely knocked out Sunni Ulama's flimsy excuse on Mu'awiyah. Prophet clearly states:

"...He (Ammar) will be murdered by a baghi group. He (Ammar) will be inviting them (i.e the baghi group) to paradise and they (i.e the baghi group) will be inviting him to HELL-FIRE..

The fact that Muawiyah and his groups were callers to Hellfire cast a huge shadow over their Islamic credentials. This is because whenever anyone is addressed as "calling to Hellfire", it means that he is a Kafir.

'Allamah al-Uthaymin (d. 1421H) states:

(And We made them leaders inviting to the Fire), He is referring to the leaders of Kuffar
{Fatawa Nur 'ala al-Darb, vol. 31, p. 111}

It is only the likes of Sheik Salih Fawzan who followed the footsteps of Ibn Taymiyyah and Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahab will try to paint Muawiyah, with piety and good deeds. Very pathetic how Scholars of the Salafi twist the wording and judgment of the Prophet.
Re: Al-jazeera Is Not A Trusted Website by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2015
AlBaqir:
Still on Muawiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan

Another version of the hadith (posted above by LagosShia) reads:

Ikrimah:
Ibn Abbas said to me and to his son Ali, "Go to Abu Sa'id and listen to what he narrates." So we went and found him in a garden looking after it. He picked up his garment, wore it and sat down and started narrating to us until he mentioned the construction of the mosque. Therefore, he said, "We were carrying one adobe at a time while Ammar was carrying two. The Prophet, peace be upon him, saw him and started removing the dust from his body and said, "May Allah be merciful to Ammar. He (Ammar) will be murdered by a baghi group. He (Ammar) will be inviting them (i.e the baghi group) to paradise and they (i.e the baghi group) will be inviting him to HELL-FIRE.. 'Ammar said, "I seek refuge with Allah from affliction."

This hadith is mutawatir, as Imam Ibn 'Abd al-Barr (d. 463H) states:

The reports are mutawatir from the Prophet, peace be upon him, stating that he said, "Ammar will be murdered by a baghi (rebellious) group". This was one of his prophecies, and one of the proofs of his prophethood, peace be upon him, and it is one of the most authentic ahadith.
{al-Isti'ab fi Marifat al-Ashab, vol. 3, p. 1140 (Beirut: Far al-Jil; 1st edition, 1412H)}

Al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar (d. 852H) also submits:
The ahadith are mutawatir from the Prophet, peace be upon him, that Ammar would be murdered by the baghi group, and they (the scholars) had a consensus that he (Ammar) was murdered on the side of Ali at Siffin.
{al-Isabah fi Tamyiz al-Sahabah, vol.4, p. 474, #5720}

Mu'awiyyah Was A Baghi person

Al-Hafiz Ibn Kathir (d. 774H) explains further:
This was the murder of 'Ammar b. Yasir, may Allah be pleased with him, on the side of Amir al-Muminin ' Ali Ibn Abi Talib. He was murdered by the Syrian. From this, the secret of what the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, had predicted that he ('Ammar) would be murdered by baghi group became clear. It became clear from this that 'Ali was upon the Truth and Mu'awiyyah was a baghi person.
{al-Bidayah wa al-Nihayah (Dar Ihya al-Turath al-Arabi; 1st edition, 1408H), vol. 7, p. 296}

Al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar agrees:
The majority of the Ahl al-Sunnah are of the opinion that those who fought on the side of Ali were correct, based on His statement, "If two groups from the believers fight each other" and in it is an order to fight the baghi group. It is firmly established that those who fought against 'Ali were baghi people.

Interestingly, Ibn Hajar ends his explanations with the following:
[color=#990000]Yet, these people (i.e Sunnis), despite their commendation (of the troops of Ali) have a consensus that none of these people (i.e the baghi people) should be criticized. Rather, they (i.e Sunnis) say: They did ijtihad and made mistakes.

{Fath al-Bari Sharh Sahih al-Bukhari, vol. 13, p. 58}

This is also the opinion if an-Nawawi in Sahih Muslim bi Sharh al-Nawawi, vol.18, p. 40.

Whatever the case may be, there is consensus among Sunni Ulama that Mu'awiyah and his troops belong to the Baghi group.

BAGHI GROUP According to Quran

Quran reads:
Verily, Allah commands you to do justice and kindness, and to give to kith and kin, and forbids corrupt behaviours, evil deeds and al-baghi (i.e being a baghi person or group). He admonishes you, that you may take heed. {Q.16:90}

With this noble verse, Muawuyah and his armies were an illegitimate group. And the clear statement of the Prophet completely knocked out Sunni Ulama's flimsy excuse on Mu'awiyah. Prophet clearly states:

"...He (Ammar) will be murdered by a baghi group. He (Ammar) will be inviting them (i.e the baghi group) to paradise and they (i.e the baghi group) will be inviting him to HELL-FIRE..

The fact that Muawiyah and his groups were callers to Hellfire cast a huge shadow over their Islamic credentials. This is because whenever anyone is addressed as "calling to Hellfire", it means that he is a Kafir.

'Allamah al-Uthaymin (d. 1421H) states:

(And We made them leaders inviting to the Fire), He is referring to the leaders of Kuffar
{Fatawa Nur 'ala al-Darb, vol. 31, p. 111}

It is only the likes of Sheik Salih Fawzan who followed the footsteps of Ibn Taymiyyah and Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahab will try to paint Muawiyah, with piety and good deeds. Very pathetic how Scholars of the Salafi twist the wording and judgment of the Prophet.
Verily, Allâh enjoins Al-Adl (i.e. justice and
worshipping none but Allâh Alone - Islâmic
Monotheism) and Al-Ihsân [i.e. to be patient in
performing your duties to Allâh, totally for Allâh's sake
and in accordance with the Sunnah (legal ways) of the
Prophet SAW in a perfect manner], and giving (help) to
kith and kin (i.e. all that Allâh has ordered you to give
them e.g., wealth, visiting, looking after them, or any
other kind of help, etc.): and forbids Al-Fahshâ' (i.e all
evil deeds, e.g. illegal sexual acts, disobedience of
parents, polytheism, to tell lies, to give false witness, to
kill a life without right, etc.), and Al-Munkar (i.e all that
is prohibited by Islâmic law: polytheism of every kind,
disbelief and every kind of evil deeds, etc.), and Al-
Baghy (i.e. all kinds of oppression), He admonishes
you, that you may take heed. (An-Nahl 16:90)
This has refuted the verse you quoted, as for the rest they are proof against you. May Allaah grant us hidaya.
Re: Al-jazeera Is Not A Trusted Website by AlBaqir(m): 3:58pm On Sep 30, 2015
۞إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يَأۡمُرُ بِٱلۡعَدۡلِ وَٱلۡإِحۡسَٰنِ وَإِيتَآيِٕ ذِي ٱلۡقُرۡبَىٰ وَيَنۡهَىٰ عَنِ ٱلۡفَحۡشَآءِ وَٱلۡمُنكَرِ وَٱلۡبَغۡيِۚ يَعِظُكُمۡ لَعَلَّكُمۡ تَذَكَّرُونَ

^Surely Allah enjoins the doing of justice and the doing of good (to others) and the giving to the kindred, and He forbids indecency and evil and al-Baghi (Rebellion); He admonishes you that you may be mindful. {surah Nahl: 90}

All the brackets and explanations you choose to elongate the ayah despite the fact that it is not in the sacred text, further sink you guys who continue advocating for an illegitimate baghi group led by Muawiyah. What a beautiful ayah! Being "BAGHI" is Haram.
Re: Al-jazeera Is Not A Trusted Website by AlBaqir(m): 10:11am On Apr 09, 2016
This is what a Salafi quoted from Muqbil b. Hadi al-Wadi'i, the ultra-strict Salafi hadith scholar:

Shaykh Muqbil al-Wadi'i, may Allah be merciful to him, said in the footnote: As for la'n, we did not find any evidence of that in the reliable books of Sunnah, despite a long search. However, as for "praying against", it has been soundly reported from him (i.e. 'Ali), may Allah be pleased with him: Ibn Abi Shaybah (2/137) said: Hushaym - Husayn - 'Abd al-Rahman b. Ma'qil: "I performed the early morning prayer with 'Ali, and he did qunut, and he said in his qunut: 'O Allah, punish Mu'awiyah and his followers, and 'Amr b. al-'As and his followers, and Abu al-A'war al-Salmi and his followers, and 'Abd Allah b. Qays and his followers.'" Al-Bayhaqi (2/204) said, after recording part of it: "Sahih, well-known." And it is as he said in terms of authenticity, for it is upon the standard of the two Shaykhs.

Now, there is a secret in this du'a of Imam 'Ali (peace be upon him) against Mu'awiyah and his followers. The supplication-against in the qunut is made against infidels only, and never against Muslims. This was the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family).

http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vb/showthread.php?t=165514

(1) (Reply)

Changing Name After Marriage. / Anti - Muslim Violence Spiraling Out Of Control In America? / Very Serious.looking For A Good Muslim For Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.