Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Comment On My Site. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Comment On My Site. (1468 Views)

How To Remove Localhost From My Site ? / I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? / I Need A Good Payment Processor That Can Accept ATM Payment On My Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comment On My Site. by mj(m): 3:58am On Oct 08, 2006
I did this site for nigerians to learn web design for free. www.mjonline.info whats your comment about the site.
Re: Comment On My Site. by nosa101(f): 1:13am On Oct 09, 2006
One word, TACKY.
Re: Comment On My Site. by my2cents(m): 1:23am On Oct 09, 2006
nosa101,

I believe that's why it was done for free. Sometimes (what the hell, all the time cool), you get what you pay for wink
Re: Comment On My Site. by nosa101(f): 1:26am On Oct 09, 2006
I thought the geezer paid for it
Re: Comment On My Site. by Cactus(m): 4:31pm On Oct 09, 2006
it sucks
Re: Comment On My Site. by damseremie(m): 5:59pm On Oct 09, 2006
Am not that good in web design but i must say that the site is terrible
Re: Comment On My Site. by alexis(m): 6:23pm On Oct 10, 2006
mj,

use css and tables to layout your site. I am sure you can do better
Re: Comment On My Site. by jomoal99: 11:49am On Oct 11, 2006
Great website, kind of psychadelic(not sure of spelling) gives akinda  well chilled relaxed atmosphere that is bound to enhance learning.Have you got enough hosting space, will be willing to contribute some if required e-mail  me jomoal99@yahoo.com wink
Re: Comment On My Site. by timmy(m): 11:21pm On Oct 11, 2006
Man,, ive not had this much of a VERY VERY LOUD laugh in a VERY VERY LONG time, ROTFLMAO,

this is the most wacky site ive seen ever at least after a few from Nairaland webmasters,
Re: Comment On My Site. by denobleman(m): 3:50pm On Oct 13, 2006
Hi,
The content is really rich,help and inspiring.However you need to touch up the layout
Re: Comment On My Site. by mj(m): 11:25pm On Oct 16, 2006
I thank all of u for your comments on the site.what happened really is that I did a layout for the site but my friend said he does not like it,I said ok you do your own.The one he did was the one I published and I told him I'm going to make a thread with it on this forum,for him to see people opinion on the site.Thats was what really happened I'm bizzy right now,thats why I have not spent time on the site.Anyway I have done another simple layout for the site,You can please go and view the site again.Thanks all.
Re: Comment On My Site. by timmy(m): 11:08am On Oct 17, 2006
abit more plesant to the eyes, but still TACKY !! grin
Re: Comment On My Site. by mj(m): 12:02am On Oct 18, 2006
I dont like people who condem others without suggesting.If u feel u can make the site look better whats preventing you from saying it and how it can be done.
Re: Comment On My Site. by nosa101(f): 12:13am On Oct 18, 2006
mj:

I don't like people who condem others without suggesting.If[b] u feel u can make the site look better whats preventing you from saying it and how it can be done.[/b]

You just asked us to comment at first.

It's a lot better but still tacky. Your header is piss poor.

In general it looks too mediocre or actually crap, to put it politely
Re: Comment On My Site. by my2cents(m): 2:39am On Oct 20, 2006
Much better than the other one, but as others have said, still a few bricks short of a truckload.

I noticed the site has a lot to do with Web dev/design tutorials. Perhaps you could apply the very lessons your site aims to provide the public, to your own very site? wink

Good luck!
Re: Comment On My Site. by deb(m): 1:40pm On Nov 06, 2006
So much about criticism.

What have u guys done?

Some of you just enjoy criticizing other people but are afraid to
display what they have done themselves.

Don't ask me what I've done, I have displayed some of my works
quite a few times on nairaland.

MJ, at least you are trying to give something back.
Re: Comment On My Site. by ojchris(m): 9:20pm On Nov 07, 2006
basically, I wod say it's a great effort in terms of the idea that most have brought abt it.

On design, poor indeed. You fo noy need such a background image. Bg color used might be permissible but I rather wont.

Keep working on, it will turn out best.
Re: Comment On My Site. by mj(m): 8:33am On Nov 10, 2006
I have done some changes to the site, I believe its better now.Pls check it out.You guys made me to work hard on it,I'm currently working on the logo.I have also learnt alot from it.But if I may say, when next you want to criticize someone's job try and suggest a better way to achieve the goal.Anyway I thank you guys for your comments.pls you can submit tutorials to the site if you desire, your name and link will be display there.just mail me info@mjonline.info
Re: Comment On My Site. by my2cents(m): 10:50pm On Nov 13, 2006
You guys made me to work hard on it,

LOL. mj, unless u r involved in some form of kabu-kabu, nothing in life that comes without sweat (insert here - that common naija expression where a person uses their index finger, and starting at the head, wipes the sweat of their face, all the way down to the chin) cool
Re: Comment On My Site. by denobleman(m): 5:09pm On Nov 18, 2006
Good wORK,though,
Re: Comment On My Site. by timmy(m): 5:05pm On Dec 05, 2006
@MJ, web is not yor calling, try somthing else tongue
Re: Comment On My Site. by kbaba12: 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2007
why is their no chat room.i think this should be done
Re: Comment On My Site. by Cactus(m): 9:11pm On Jan 02, 2007
Take into consideration people that use different computing configs and eyesight, when choosing colors and sizing. Make user of as many user-friendly features as possible in other to attract many users/
Re: Comment On My Site. by texazzpete(m): 1:41pm On Jan 12, 2007
nosa101:

You just asked us to comment at first.

It's a lot better but still tacky. Your header is piss poor.

In general it looks too mediocre or actually crap, to put it politely

Sure, you're probably a better web designer than he is, but at least try to buck the nigerian trend and give some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism for a change. It's not like this guy's charging you money for the site, or that it's a commercial enterprise. This guy's learning something and he's trying to share what he knows with the world for FREE! Either help him with helpful advice or STFU!!

@mj
That said, the site needs some work. but you'll do well to keep on plugging at it, go check other sites and see what makes 'em tick. It's a pity i ain't got time to fully help u out, but all i can say is, don't despair. my first website was done entirely by hand (notepad and raw html), was totally covered with javascript, had background music (mp3s) and frames (yuck). Though, i hadta admit it still looked better'n this!
anyways, don't let 'em get u down. Keep up the good work.
Re: Comment On My Site. by sanim16(m): 11:09pm On Jan 12, 2007
grin the site is a work in progress. grin

keep it up
Re: Comment On My Site. by juintade(m): 4:52pm On Jan 20, 2007
It always annoy me when people design site such as yours. It annoys me so much that if not because I have other web projects ate the moment, I would probably have re-designed it for you.

Please delete of the internet
Re: Comment On My Site. by beefy23(m): 12:47am On Mar 26, 2007
The comments from prodglson are full of insight - if nothing else, use this as a basis of reformating the site.

Overall it's a good effort - ask anyone who put there first site together and they'll tell you that the the initial efforts would have been laughable. With time/experience though things tend to get better.

My personal preference is for a clean, minimalist look - I would lose the background 2 tone colour effect; and as has been mentioned I would go for a more web-friendly text e.g. arial instead of times etc.
Re: Comment On My Site. by oleku(m): 2:50pm On Mar 26, 2007
Hello,

Trust me, Your site is better than my first site. All you need is hardwork and dedication. And you would be one of the best.
Nice site keep up the good work.

oleku
www.oleku.org

(1) (Reply)

Female Web Designer / Ikeja Computer Village And Its New Web Friends / Get Your Own Bulk Sms Website (not A Reseller Website, U Can Change To Any Provider At Any Time And

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.