Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,747 members, 7,831,383 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? (4387 Views)

Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! / For Fun - Popular Contributors To Religion Section / Why Nairalanders Lose Faith On The Religion Section Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by Annunaki(m): 5:09pm On Sep 29, 2015
JackBizzle:
I left Nairaland for almost a year, only to come and meet a barren wasteland, lacking seriously in intellectual topics.

However, there is hope- I see my fellow atheists (Plaetton and onetrack) still keeping on in the religion section.

Also, who is johnydon22? Because I like the guy! Fire on, bro.

Ehem. I also see that the islamic section is as dead as ever. Empiree, vedaxcool, rilwon, albaqir, wetin dey?

I also see thatwe have a new Mr Anony in the person of KingEbukasBlog. lol grin grin

Wassap, Muskeeto? Judas IsCARROT?

I thought you would have repented by now, it was so obvious back then that you were not Really atheist but you were just being rebellious. grin
Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by eipreel(f): 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2015
rationalmind:
Welcome back bro. The section as well as ishilove has missed you cheesy

....muskeeto reincarnated as sonOfLucifer cheesy
Hmmm
Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 29, 2015
eipreel:

Hmmm

tongue
Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by onetrack(m): 7:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
JackBizzle:
I left Nairaland for almost a year, only to come and meet a barren wasteland, lacking seriously in intellectual topics.

However, there is hope- I see my fellow atheists (Plaetton and onetrack) still keeping on in the religion section.

Also, who is johnydon22? Because I like the guy! Fire on, bro.

My man logicboy! I'm still here, I have days where I don't say anything and days where I say a lot, but it does get a bit tiring seeing the same arguments over and over again. I hit my head on the desk out of frustration so many times people I'm going to have a mark like a devout Muslim! grin

However I am seeing a lot more atheists on facebook these days.
Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 29, 2015
eipreel:

Hmmm
sad
Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by dalaman: 7:49pm On Sep 29, 2015
onetrack:

I thought I was the only one. Am seeing a lot of Nigerian atheist on Facebook and all of them live in Nigeria including a lady I became friends with recently.

1 Like

Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:35pm On Sep 29, 2015
menesheh:

I don't vouch for childish behavior.

We are here to learn and share ideas not a battle field. There is no price tag on who will win. Truth still remain truth no matter how you see it.

I hope you are not getting your inspirations and flexing of muscles from the chat below:

I noticed that you didn't took a note of the serious ad hominem you committed, then you jumped to a conclusion that i have conceded defeat, that i am a gentle man, alright, good for you.
Am not your lecturer to start teaching you on fallacious appeal/s in an argument.

And how is that an ad hominem

Its not even Argumentum ad populum because I used the word "expected" and there is a factual certainty to it (87 percent of the people involved ) .

Example :

Nigeria is a very religious nation with over 95 percent of its population as religious . Its a factual certainty that 95 percent of people in any form of group are expected to consist of mostly religious people .

More clearly :

Because of the number of deaths of children caused by malaria its a factual certainty that a child dies every 30 seconds from malaria
Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:39pm On Sep 29, 2015
onetrack:

Atheists are more outspoken because they have now realized that they are an insignificant minority in a country like Nigeria
Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by onetrack(m): 9:09pm On Sep 29, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheists are more outspoken because they have now realized that they are an insignificant minority in a country like Nigeria

At one time Martin Luther King, Jr., was the outspoken leader of an insignificant minority. cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 29, 2015
Hmmmmm cool
Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
onetrack:

At one time Martin Luther King, Jr., was the outspoken leader of an insignificant minority. cool

But the African Americans are still a minority right . 400 million to 30 million - less than 10 percent by my calculation - and still racially abused , experience police brutality and meted unfair judgement during trials .

You need to think things through before you post undecided
Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by dalaman: 10:31pm On Sep 29, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

But the African Americans are still a minority right . 400 million to 30 million - less than 10 percent by my calculation - and still racially abused , experience police brutality and meted unfair judgement during trials .

Are you trolling? His civil rights act was passed and because of that a black man is presently occupying the white house . The civil rights act cuts across all races and is actually the reason why same sex marriage was legalized.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 29, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I thought your point was about being significant? Not one to voice the 'black and proud' chant, but the black races (through the efforts of the civil rights movement) are not as insignificant as they used to be.

Before you advise one to think things through, make you 've done so alreafy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 29, 2015
dalaman:

Are you trolling? His civil rights act was passed and because of that a black man in presently occupying the white house . The civil rights act cuts across all races and us actually the reason why same sex marriage was legalized.
Shuddered a bit at the ignorance.
Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:59pm On Sep 29, 2015
dalaman:

Are you trolling? His civil rights act was passed and because of that a black man in presently occupying the white house . The civil rights act cuts across all races

Lol . Why do you like asking me if I'm trolling ? If I were to be , you wouldn't even know - that's a fun fact grin

Read my post carefully and answer:

1. Aren't they lesser in population by a wide margin ?

2. Aren't they still racially abused , brutalized by the police and meted unfair judgement ?

... and us actually the reason why same sex marriage was legalized.

You do realize that its a coincidence right ?

Political view : Its 2015 and America were still "backward" . In other words , it was about time to legalize gay marriage and Obama happened to be the President . A clearer explanation - a white president would have done same .

Plus his tenure has been battered by criticisms and he needed to take a major decision to write his name in the history books - the president who legalized gay marriage

Religious view : Its in fulfillment of the prophecy of the last days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:04pm On Sep 29, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Shuddered a bit at the ignorance.

read my response to Dalaman and tell me what you think
Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by dalaman: 1:33am On Sep 30, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol . Why do you like asking me if I'm trolling ? If I were to be , you wouldn't even know - that's a fun fact grin

2. Aren't they still racially abused , brutalized by the police and meted unfair judgement ?

It is only a person that is ignorant of the situations of blacks in the USA that will ask such silly questions.

Blacks could not vote in the south during the time of Martin Luther king or seek elective offices. They could not attend same schools with whites, interracial marriage was not allowed, they had to sit at the back of the bus and allow whites to sit in front, they were not allowed to use the same rest rooms as whites in restaurants and other public places, the justice system was completely against them. A white man can kill a black man and he will never be arrested. Even if he is arrested the jury which is always all white will always set him free. Whites owned everything and blacks had virtually nothing. Only a person that is ignorant of these realities and how the civil right fight of Martin Luther King ended it all will speak or ask all of the silly questions you are asking. A black man is now occupying the white house and all the things I listed have ended and are now crimes in the USA because of the civil right fights of Martin Luther King and others. Blacks now have the same rights as whites in the USA and do you know one thing? It was the christian south that refused to free the blacks during slavery, they were the ones that refused to grant blacks their civil rights during segregation and Jim Crow and the bible was what they used as justification. The KKK was a christian body go and read about them. George Wallace and the rest of them were all bible clutching christians that were happy to point to the bible and use the curse of Ham and other biblical passages as a justification for why blacks deserved to suffer under whites or why the two races were not supposed to be mixed.

Political view : Its 2015 and America were still "backward" . In other words , it was about time to legalize gay marriage and Obama happened to be the President . A clearer explanation - a white president would have done same .

Plus his tenure has been battered by criticisms and he needed to take a major decision to write his name in the history books - the president who legalized gay marriage

The gay lobby rode on the back of the civil rights foundation laid by Martin Luther King to achieve their goals, go and ask any body that is in the know.

But when whites were enslaving blacks and killing them as a result in the USA for hundreds of years using the bible it wasn't the sign of the last days, right? When whites were discriminating against blacks and brutally killing them under Jim Crow laws it wasn't sign of the last days. Now that gay marriage has been legalized it is the sign of the last days. Didn't Jesus tell his disciples that he was going to come during their life time? Which last days are you talking about?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:05am On Sep 30, 2015
dalaman:

It is only a person that is ignorant of the situations of blacks in the USA that will ask such silly questions.

Blacks could not vote in the south during the time of Martin Luther king or seek elective offices. They could not attend same schools with whites, interracial marriage was not allowed, they had to sit at the back of the bus and allow whites to sit in front, they were not allowed to use the same rest rooms as whites in restaurants and other public places, the justice system was completely against them. A white man can kill a black man and he will never be arrested. Even if he is arrested the jury which is always all white will always set him free. Whites owned everything and blacks had virtually nothing. Only a person that is ignorant of these realities and how the civil right fight of Martin Luther King ended it all will speak or ask all of the silly questions you are asking. A black man is now occupying the white house and all the things I listed have ended and are now crimes in the USA because of the civil right fights of Martin Luther King and others. Blacks now have the same rights as whites in the USA and do you know one thing? It was the christian south that refused to free the blacks during slavery, they were the ones that refused to grant blacks their civil rights during segregation and Jim Crow and the bible was what they used as justification. The KKK was a christian body go and read about them. George Wallace and the rest of them were all bible clutching christians that were happy to point to the bible and use the curse of Ham and other biblical passages as a justification for why blacks deserved to suffer under whites or why the two races were not supposed to be mixed.

The gay lobby rode on the back of the civil rights foundation laid by Martin Luther King to achieve their goals, go and ask any body that is in the know.

You've made point . I'm completely aware of MLK's achievements and let me answer the questions because you are always being hypocritical .

Yes .

Minority

Meaning :

the smaller number or part, especially a number that is less than half the whole number.

Is this true ?

Yes , they are actually not close to 15 percent of the total population in America

Yes . More recently and notably the reason for the Baltimore unrest

Didn't Jesus tell his disciples that he was going to come during their life time? Which last days are you talking about?

When I asked you who Solomon was , you insinuated that you dont know who he is , insisted he was a mythical character and that the bible deals with Mythology . Suddenly , you know now who mythical Jesus is from the same bible that deals with mythology and what He told His mythical disciples ?

Dalaman how your side na grin

We thank God for you oo wink wink

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by dalaman: 2:28am On Sep 30, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You've made point . I'm completely aware of MLK's achievements and let me answer the questions because you are always being hypocritical .

Yes .

Minority

Meaning :

the smaller number or part, especially a number that is less than half the whole number.

Is this true ?

Yes , they are actually not close to 15 percent of the total population in America

Was Martin Luther King's struggle to increase the number of blacks and make them a majority or make sure they had the same rights as whites despite being the minority? Was he able to achieve that? Yes he did, so what else are you blabbing about?

Yes . More recently and notably the reason for the Baltimore unrest

Not as compared to during the time of Martin Luther King, during the time of Martin Luther King no police officer will ever be arrested or face justice for killing a black person but now a lot of police officers have been discharged from their jobs because they were shown to discriminate against blacks, many have been sent to prison for unlawfully killing blacks something that could never happen duing the time of MLK. Blacks had no right to vote, owned nothing, could not even attend the same schools as whites or marry whites etc during his time. Now things have changed black and whites now have the same rights which was what the struggle of MLK was all about. The African American has more rights as an american citizen than an average Nigerian. When MLK started his struggle his ideas were seen as that of an insignificant minority that will not see the light of the day but today it is the law of the land and the state supported discrimination has ended.

When I asked you who Solomon was , you insinuated that you dont know who he is , insisted he was a mythical character and that the bible deals with Mythology . Suddenly , you know now who mythical Jesus is from the same bible that deals with mythology and what He told mythical disciples ?

Dalaman how your side na grin

We thank God for you oo wink wink

Solomon is a mythical character and I gave you my reasons for why I said he's a mythical character. Jesus told his disciples that he was going to come during their life time, so which end of days are you talking about?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:36am On Sep 30, 2015
dalaman:

Was Martin Luther King's struggle to increase the number of blacks and make them a majority or make sure they had the same rights as whites despite being the minority? Was he able to achieve that? Yes he did, so what else are you blabbing about?

I clearly said I was aware of MLK's achievements . You've made no point

Not as compared to during the time of Martin Luther King, during the time of Martin Luther King no police officer will ever be arrested or face justice for killing a black person but now a lot of police officers have been discharged from their jobs because they were shown to discriminate against blacks, many have been sent to prison for unlawfully killing blacks something that could never happen duing the time of MLK. Blacks had no right to vote, owned nothing, could not even attend the same schools as whites or marry whites etc during his time. Now things have changed black and whites now have the same rights which was what the struggle of MLK was all about. The African American has more rights as an american citizen than an average Nigerian. When MLK started his struggle his ideas were seen as that of an insignificant minority that will not see the light of the day but today it is the law of the land and the state supported discrimination has ended.

But are they still racially abused , brutalized by the police and meted unfair judgement . YES .

This is in no way belittling MLK's great achievements

Solomon is a mythical character and I gave you my reasons for why I said he's a mythical character. Jesus told his disciples that he was going to come during their life time, so which end of days are you talking about?

Same reasons apply to mythical Jesus .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by dalaman: 2:45am On Sep 30, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I clearly said I was aware of MLK's achievements . You've made no point

If you were aware of his achievements you wouldn't have written what you wrote. Onetrack said that MLK was the outspoken leader of an insignificant minority. To which you said that blacks are still minority bla bla bla. His fight was for blacks to have the same rights as whites, something he was able to achieve.

But are they still racially abused , brutalized by the police and meted unfair judgement . YES .

This is in no way belittling MLK's great achievements

At what rate? Do whites and blacks have the same civil rights in the USA today, yes they do, so what are you blabbing about? MLK struggle was to see to it that blacks and whites have the same civil rights, even though blacks were the minority, he achieved that and that's all that matters. His struggle was not to increase the number of blacks in the USA. Blacks are still a minority but the have the same civil rights as the majority which was all his struggle was all about, something that is clear you did not know from your comments.

Same reasons apply to mythical Jesus .

OK.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:52am On Sep 30, 2015
dalaman:

If you were aware of his achievements you wouldn't have written what you wrote. Onetrack said that MLK was the outspoken leader of an insignificant minority. To which you said that blacks are still minority bla bla bla. His fight was for blacks to have the same rights as whites, something he was able to achieve.

Onetrack admitted the blacks were the minority of which they are

At what rate? Do whites and blacks have the same civil rights in the USA today, yes they do, so what are you blabbing about? MLK struggle was to see to it that blacks and whites have the same civil rights and he achieved that and that's all.

Are they still racially abused ,meted unfair judgement and brutalized by the police ? Yes

10 years ago
Man A : I really smoke a lot
Man B : You need to stop you know
Man A : I know right

Today

Man B : Hey bro have you quit smoking ?
Man A : I don't smoke as before
Man B : But it means you still smoke?
Man A : Yeah sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by dalaman: 3:04am On Sep 30, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Onetrack admitted the blacks were the minority of which they are

His position was that MLK was the outspoken leader of an insignificant minority. To which you said blacks are still a minority. But what he meant was that despite being a minority he was still able to achieve a lot for his people. Blacks and white now have the same civil rights in the USA.

Are they still racially abused ,meted unfair judgement and brutalized by the police ? Yes

10 years ago
Man A : I really smoke a lot
Man B : You need to stop you know
Man A : I know right

Today

Man B : Hey bro have you quit smoking ?
Man A : I don't smoke as before
Man B : But it means you still smoke?
Man A : Yeah sad

Blacks and whites now have the same civil rights in the USA something that was not so before the struggle of MLK. The rate of discrimination has dropped significantly. If a person used to some a pack of cigarettes which contains 20 sticks daily 3 years ago and now smokes just 2 sticks a day will you not consider that to be a very significant improvement?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:09am On Sep 30, 2015
dalaman:

His position was that MLK was the outspoken leader of an insignificant minority. To which you said blacks are still a minority. But what he meant was that despite being a minority he was still able to achieve a lot for his people. Blacks and white now have the same civil rights in the USA.

My point is that they are still a minority . Dear dalaman , I know the blacks and white have the same civil rights in the US

Blacks and whites now have the same civil rights in the USA something that was not so before the struggle of MLK. The rate of discrimination has dropped significantly. If a person used to some a pack of cigarettes which contains 20 sticks 3 years ago and now smokes just 2 sticks a day will you not consider that to be a very significant improvement?

All along my point was that they are still a minority and still in such predicaments , obviously not in the same rate
Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by dalaman: 3:16am On Sep 30, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

My point is that they are still a minority . Dear dalaman , I know the blacks and white have the same civil rights in the US

The entire point he was making was that MLK made a minority group(blacks) to have the same civil rights as the majority whites.

All along my point was that they are still a minority and still in such predicaments , obviously not in the same rate

They are not in the same predicaments or suffering the same thing, there are millions of African Americans that have never experienced any form of racism or discrimination in the USA now. A lot of them now don't even know what it is, compared to during the time of MLK when all blacks experienced one form of discrimination or the other because it was sanctioned by the state and the law of the land. Now there are blacks living in the USA that have never experienced any form of discrimination at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 30, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

The last days has lasted for over 2000 years, please make una change the name ooooo
Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 30, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Technically, blacks are a majority in the United States. The red Indians, the Japanese, the Chinese, the British, the French, the Koreans, the Indians, the Mexicans, Brazilians n etc cannot be graded as same race. Wen all of them are grouped separately by color, d black man will make up the most populated tribe in the unuted states.
Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by onetrack(m): 8:58am On Sep 30, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

MLK was the outspoken leader of the minority of black people who were willing to challenge segregation and discrimination. Now almost any black person in the US can challenge racial bias. In other words, even among black people, his group was a minority, because most blacks in the south just accepted their situation. Now they are no longer the minority among black people.
Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:18am On Sep 30, 2015
chuna1985:

Technically, blacks are a majority in the United States. The red Indians, the Japanese, the Chinese, the British, the French, the Koreans, the Indians, the Mexicans, Brazilians n etc cannot be graded as same race. Wen all of them are grouped separately by color, d black man will make up the most populated tribe in the unuted states.

Its called the united states of America and not the united countries of America
Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:22am On Sep 30, 2015
onetrack:

MLK was the outspoken leader of the minority of black people who were willing to challenge segregation and discrimination. Now almost any black person in the US can challenge racial bias. In other words, even among black people, his group was a minority, because most blacks in the south just accepted their situation. Now they are no longer the minority among black people.

All am saying is that the blacks are still a minority because their population is much less than half of the whole America's population . Insisting that they are still racially abused and all is not in any way belittling MLK's achievements .
Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:37am On Sep 30, 2015
dalaman:

The entire point he was making was that MLK made a minority group(blacks) to have the same civil rights as the majority whites.

You are missing the point . Are atheists in Nigeria now fighting to have civil rights ? Though people in this country will look at you awkwardly for being an atheist , you can still exercise your civil rights .

Much clearly : Though MLK fought for the civil rights of black people in America , they are factually a minority because their population is much less than half of America's population .

They are not in the same predicaments or suffering the same thing, there are millions of African Americans that have never experienced any form of racism or discrimination in the USA now. A lot of them now don't even know what it is, compared to during the time of MLK when all blacks experienced one form of discrimination or the other because it was sanctioned by the state and the law of the land. Now there are blacks living in the USA that have never experienced any form of discrimination at all.

... the little clause attached to my statement is being overemphasized here
Re: Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? by Ranchhoddas: 10:57am On Sep 30, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

dumb post.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Jesus No Longer Coming Soon? / How Old Was Adam When God Created Him? / God And Natural Disaters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.