Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,324 members, 7,954,306 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:23 PM

How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry (2745 Views)

May D Proposes To Carolina Wassmuth, His Pregnant Girlfriend / May D And His Girlfriend, Carolina Wassmuth Loved Up In New Photo / May D And Fiancee, Carolina Wassmuth In Dubai (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by jiggaz(m): 3:48pm On Sep 29, 2015
May D used to be regarded as the NEXT RATED ACT within industry circles. He was a talented fast rising act under SQUARE RECORDS. The sky was blue for May D and he really had a bright future in the Music Industry.

But boom!!!! May D left Square Records after tasting little fame. I dont know who his advisers were. They advised him wrongly for him to think he can make it on his own after achieving little fame. What they didn't tell him is that the NIGERIAN MUSIC INDUSTRY is a mean desert where nobody really send you. You gasto work very hard to build your Sound, make a name for yourself and reach the Top. But no, May D failed the number one rule in the Nigerian Music 101 Course. Then his problem started.

After May D left Square Records, he continued to struggle as an artiste. His talent is undeniable, i am a BIG MAY D FAN!!!!! He has an amazing voice. But sadly, in the music industry of today, TALENT & GOOD VOICE is secondary. What sells your music is the MONEY & HYPE you pump into it. Music Promotion in Nigeria no be child's play, a Top Radio Presenter working with one of the biggest Radio stations in Lagos & Nigeria collects close to A MILLION Naira as PAYOLA!!!!

Currently, May D 's rating in Mainstream Media have gone down cos he barely have hit songs. My Question is this.... Should May D go and beg JUDE OKOYE & P SQUARE dem to accept him back? Cos i mean, Cynthia Morgan was signed to Jude Okoye's NORTH SIDE ENTERTAINMENT in September 2013 and by December 2014, she's already a Star in Nigeria. That's what MONEY & GOOD RECORD LABEL can do for an artiste.

Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2015
yep the yorrobbba musicians always bite d finger dat once helped them.
eg.
wizkid
dbanj
mayd
and many more>

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by jiggaz(m): 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2015
kaycii1:
yep the yorrobbba musicians always bite d finger dat once helped them.
eg.
wizkid
dbanj
mayd
and many more>
My brother please this is not tribal....

2 Likes

Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by kestolove95(m): 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2015
May D dint leave square record...he was dropped by jude...probably cox dey saw him as a trait
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2015
jiggaz:

ok!
if u are a yoruba and sounded like dat then i will modify it.
but if u are igbo or hausa i wont! grin
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by Wizzz: 4:18pm On Sep 29, 2015
MOJO wink
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by jrupa(m): 4:19pm On Sep 29, 2015
kestolove95:
May D dint leave square record...he was dropped by jude...probably cox dey saw him as a trait
Threat to who??
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by kestolove95(m): 4:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
jrupa:
Threat to who??
I don't knw mayb jude okoye shud ansa dat....he said may D is to ova ambitious...what's dat supox to mean?
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by jiggaz(m): 4:28pm On Sep 29, 2015
kestolove95:
They didn't see him as a threat my dear. May D was asked to live with them at SquareVille Mansion in Omole and also to be driving their numerous cars, but May D said no, that they should rent an apartment and also buy a car for him. Jude now told him dat he cant do dat considering the fact dat he has spent close to 10 million Naira on May D 's music Career.
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by kestolove95(m): 4:45pm On Sep 29, 2015
jiggaz:
They didn't see him as a threat my dear. May D was asked to live with them at SquareVille Mansion in Omole and also to be driving their numerous cars, but May D said no, that they should rent an apartment and also buy a car for him. Jude now told him dat he cant do dat considering the fact dat he has spent close to 10 million Naira on May D 's music Career.
dey want to turn him to boy boy abi...
And cox he refuse dey have to drop him without his own consent abi?
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by jrupa(m): 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2015
kestolove95:
I don't knw mayb jude okoye shud ansa dat....he said may D is to ova ambitious...what's dat supox to mean?
Maybe he was truly kinda over ambitious den....He should av at least learn d trade properly b4 all d fuse.
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by jrupa(m): 5:04pm On Sep 29, 2015
kestolove95:
That's where patients comes into play. Maybe he wud av been bigger by now.
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2015
undecided abeg wetin be mojo
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by jiggaz(m): 7:47am On Sep 30, 2015
shiizzy:
undecided abeg wetin be mojo
In this context, Mojo means relevance or credibility.
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 30, 2015
jiggaz:
In this context, Mojo means relevance or credibility.
thanks boss grin
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by bolajioginni: 9:14am On Sep 30, 2015
Cynthia Morgan is popular because of her controversy
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by lordcyl3(m): 9:41am On Sep 30, 2015
may D ain't complaining.. live my guy alone abeg
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by dammiecool(m): 10:56am On Sep 30, 2015
I can say May D is doing very well and hes still relevant in d industry
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by dammiecool(m): 11:01am On Sep 30, 2015
Ibadi still on replay ;DIbadi still on replay
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by jiggaz(m): 11:02am On Sep 30, 2015
shiizzy:
thanks boss grin
You welcome bro....
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by jiggaz(m): 11:03am On Sep 30, 2015
dammiecool:
I can say May D is doing very well and hes still relevant in d industry
Well.... yes and no... He could be bigger... I want him in the same league with Davido / Wizkid dem.... He's so talented...
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by jiggaz(m): 7:30am On Oct 05, 2015
dammiecool:
Ibadi still on replay ;DIbadi still on replay
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by ChappyChase: 7:40am On Oct 05, 2015
kestolove95:
If to say Wizkid no do that Boi boi for Banky W, him for no reach this level way him dey so! We all knew that those Okoye brothers no try but May D too rush, him for wait make him Gather enough fan/sympathisers cause people way him dey with, "they Are always right" in the eyes of their fans!
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by shadrach77: 8:22am On Oct 05, 2015
May D is still better than SKALES
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by VIPERVENOM(m): 8:52am On Oct 05, 2015
If he lost his mojo then he should buy another one. Its just N150...........runs out of thread
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by dammiecool(m): 9:52am On Oct 05, 2015
VIPERVENOM:
If he lost his mojo then he should buy another one. Its just N150...........runs out of thread

lol
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by dammiecool(m): 9:57am On Oct 05, 2015
jiggaz:
Well.... yes and no... He could be bigger... I want him in the same league with Davido / Wizkid dem.... He's so talented...

and how r u sure he ll be bigger under p square? they could even possibly kill his career.
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by danizy(m): 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
jiggaz:
but he just said the truth,and how many igbos hav u seen that bite the fingerz dat fed dem..shm for the yorubas
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by danizy(m): 12:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
kestolove95:
thats a lie,jude in an interview said that he didnt want to sign anyone else after the previous incident with may d
Re: How May D Lost His Mojo in The Music Industry by danizy(m): 12:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
jiggaz:
thats a lie, when may d was with square record he already had a rented apartment he left coz he felt confam would make him a boss,considering that everyone in square was already a boss

(1) (Reply)

Popular Teen Nollywood Actress And Her Friends Shows Their Natural Hair (photo) / I Pray That Banky W’s Relationship With Adesua Etomi Crash Soon – Nigerian Man / So Bad, Olamide Spoiling The Industry After Making A Name For Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.