Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled (7807 Views)

Most Interesting TV Adverts / New Interesting TV Series You Should Currently Be Watching. / 5 Interesting TV Shows You Shouldn’t Watch With Your Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by YeyePikin01: 6:19pm On Sep 29, 2015
It’s annoying when you wake up one day to find out that your favorite series has been cancelled. All hopes of watching another season is shattered. Yeah! It hurts :-( , especially when you are in love with the plot. I am sure most of you would agree with me. Television can be cruel sometimes. Unfortunately for some TV series, they had to be discontinued due to either poor ratings or they couldn’t keep up. I really consider good entertainment taken away from me as a great tragedy. Anyways, here are some of our Interesting Tv series that were cancelled.

NO ORDINARY FAMILY

The Powells May have superpowers but they weren’t strong enough to save their TV series. The cancellation of this series really got me bamboozled, as It was already at the good part :-). No Ordinary Family was cancelled after one season on the air.
No Ordinary Family revolves around a suburban family. While on vacation, crashed into the Amazon river and gained special abilities. The Series debuted with a 3.2 rating and 10.69 million total
viewers. Unfortunately, the ratings didn’t stay at that level, and it dropped by 16% two weeks after the pilot episode and then 15% in week three. The Numbers kept declining and went as low as 1.2 demo ratings and just 4.6 million viewers in March, I was one of the faithful viewers though.
ABC Finally and officially cancelled No Ordinary Family after 20 episodes have been aired. Sadly, they ended the series with me eagerly wanting more. Hopefully, at some point, the Producers will share what they had planned for the future of the series.

KYLE XY
One of my greatest Sci-Fi series then, I was shaken when I heard it was cancelled. The Series didn’t end well, and it was rumoured that the series was cancelled. The series ended with a lot of unresolved mysteries, ratings were also going down and advertisers were looking for more popular shows.
I think ABC felt the series had ran its course, and the Network wanted to go in a new direction with The Secret Life Of The American Teenager which had been a magnificent success. Kyle XY was a really great show while it lasted.

CONSTANTINE
Constantine, another great series with a small but dedicated audience was cancelled before it could reach it’s potential. Rumor has it that, they were attempting to rescue the series with another network ( or possibly a streaming network like Hulu or Netflix) Besides the low ratings, of course, there were also some casting decisions that might have spoilt things slightly, Choices made about the translation from page to screen(they ignored some stories from the comic).
Although, Constantine was cancelled at NBC, the series isn’t dead yet.

LEGEND OF THE SEEKER
Who doesn’t love this series? Legend of the Seeker Based on Terry Goodkind’s “Sword of Truth.”
The novel became a very popular show running from 2008-2010. The Series follows the epic journey of a Young woods guide Richard Cypher (Craig Horner), a mysterious woman Kahlan Amnell (Bridge
Regan) and a wizard Zeddicus Zu’l Zorander (Bruce Spence) to stop a tyrant, Darken Rahl (Craig Parker) from unleashing an ancient and terrifying power and also to close the drift between the living and the underworld.
On April 26th, 2010, Ausilleo Files reported that the Legend of the Seeker has been cancelled and wouldn’t return for a third season, I remember being very sad after hearing the frustrating news. Who wasn’t? It was the series of the century. A lot of fans including me were devastated by the news and we (the fans) responded by launching a renewal campaign titled “#SaveOurSeeker”. Terry Goodkind also expressed his support for the campaign but the efforts for renewal proved abortive.
I loved the series but I gave up hope of its renewal after sometime. It was a terrific show while it aired.

Few Other series cancelled before reaching their full potentials were Chuck, Moonlight, The Tomorrow people, Firely, Fringe, Secret Circle, One three hill, Flash Forward and lots more.

What are your favorite TV Series that were chopped off? Feel Free to drop your Comment on one of your favorite Tv Series that was cancelled.

Don't forget to Visit www.Yeyepikin.com for more movie reviews, updates, news and gists

Source: http://www.yeyepikin.com/2015/09/interesting-tv-series-that-were-cancelled/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by lekankolade(m): 6:41pm On Sep 29, 2015
dat SEEKER own pain me dat time

3 Likes

Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by wx9Z: 6:42pm On Sep 29, 2015
Legend of the Seeker own nai vex me pass.

1 Like

Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by YeyePikin01: 6:44pm On Sep 29, 2015
Kyle Xy discontinual really really shocked me ..

1 Like

Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by jessejagga(m): 6:53pm On Sep 29, 2015
mehn I miss chuck, My Name Is Earl
Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by oyetpel(m): 7:15pm On Sep 29, 2015
The Event, a tv series on some extraterrestrial beings the US detained, was canceled by NBC on May 13, 2011.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by YeyePikin01: 7:21pm On Sep 29, 2015
oyetpel:
The Event, a tv series on some extraterrestrial beings the US detained, was canceled by NBC on May 13, 2011.

Ve' not heard of the series b4 tho'
Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by oyetpel(m): 9:05pm On Sep 29, 2015
YeyePikin01:

Ve' not heard of the series b4 tho'
check it out, its interesting, expose the US a lot, its only season1.
Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by tohpahz(f): 9:37pm On Sep 29, 2015
angry i miss legend of the seeker..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by killsmith(f): 11:15pm On Sep 29, 2015
I continuously watch THE EVENT till today...i refuse to let it go.... I almost cried when they cancelled INTELLIGENCE

2 Likes

Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by landinfo: 11:29pm On Sep 29, 2015
oyetpel:

I have nut watched the seriez b4 but I heard that it waz "the US govt" that personally cancelled it cos it waz a movie xposing the weakness of the USA
Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by oyetpel(m): 3:04am On Sep 30, 2015
landinfo:

I have nut watched the seriez b4 but I heard that it waz "the US govt" that personally cancelled it cos it waz a movie xposing the weakness of the USA
yes
Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by nerdfrost(m): 7:27am On Sep 30, 2015
That no ordinary family na beta series. I be wan craze wen them cancel am angry
Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by parrotibaba(m): 8:27am On Sep 30, 2015
landinfo:

grin grin and u guys believe this sh!t? The event was cancelled because of low ratings , just like any other show that has been cancelled.

@op The likes of No ordinary family, Constantine n KyleXY deserved the cancellation, they were crappy series.

The one worth mentioning are

- The following
- Hannibal

1 Like

Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by YeyePikin01: 8:58am On Sep 30, 2015
nerdfrost:
That no ordinary family na beta series. I be wan craze wen them cancel am angry

Seconded!
Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by YeyePikin01: 9:01am On Sep 30, 2015
parrotibaba:

grin grin and u guys believe this sh!t? The event was cancelled because of low ratings , just like any other show that has been cancelled.

@op The likes of No ordinary family, Constantine n KyleXY deserved the cancellation, they were crappy series.

- The following
- Hannibal

IMO, they might have had low ratings, but they were still good...
Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by oyetpel(m): 9:14am On Sep 30, 2015
parrotibaba:

- The following
- Hannibal
You are the one believing shit, how are they rated? Heard kris jenner show had a low rating during its first episodes, am sure 75% of tv series viewers in US tune in to watch dat show. Where does d rating come 4rm? cos even if u dont watch d series live, u can still download it nd watch, nd tru dat, they gain fans too. My thought is that mayb they were canceled because of no storyline again, just look at True Blood nd The walking dead, they elongated dos series and they bcame shit, i stopped watching dem self.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by parrotibaba(m): 10:49am On Sep 30, 2015
oyetpel:

You are the one believing shit, how are they rated? Heard kris jenner show had a low rating during its first episodes, am sure 75% of tv series viewers in US tune in to watch dat show. Where does d rating come 4rm? cos even if u dont watch d series live, u can still download it nd watch, nd tru dat, they gain fans too. My thought is that mayb they were canceled because of no storyline again, just look at True Blood nd The walking dead, they elongated dos series and they bcame shit, i stopped watching dem self.
are u mad? Just Google hw the various TV channels obtain their ratings n learn b4 coming here n displaying ur gross ignorance. You think downloading episodes n watching counts? You think you r counted as a fan when the ratings r measured? Only American viewers r seen as fans of a particular show except it is a British/Canadian/Australian show which is broadcasted on a British/Canadian/Australian channel. Those shows were cancelled because of low ratings not lack of storylines.
Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by parrotibaba(m): 10:56am On Sep 30, 2015
YeyePikin01:

IMO, they might have had low ratings, but they were still good...
The likes of Hannibal n the following had positive reviews but low ratings, they were good shows but ppl soon lost interest in them n their ratings dwindled. You should know that these broadcast channels r in competition with each other so none of them would like to lose their viewers to another network hence the cancellation of shows with low ratings.

Constantine was absolute BS, I couldn't believe that they will ruin such a character like they did n I was glad when it was cancelled. The other ones u mentioned, no ordinary family, started well but faded as it continued. KyleXY was another crappy show, only legend of seeker was decent enough.
Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by oyetpel(m): 11:17am On Sep 30, 2015
parrotibaba:
are u mad? Just Google hw the various TV channels obtain their ratings n learn b4 coming here n displaying ur gross ignorance. You think downloading episodes n watching counts? You think you r counted as a fan when the ratings r measured? Only American viewers r seen as fans of a particular show except it is a British/Canadian/Australian show which is broadcasted on a British/Canadian/Australian channel. Those shows were cancelled because of low ratings not lack of storylines.
am i mad?
Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by oyetpel(m): 11:18am On Sep 30, 2015
parrotibaba:
am i mad? Nothing left to say to you, am off this thread
Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by joshuamoses101(m): 11:50am On Sep 30, 2015
YeyePikin01:
It’s annoying when you wake up one day to find out that your favorite series has been cancelled. All hopes of watching another season is shattered. Yeah! It hurts :-( , especially when you are in love with the plot. I am sure most of you would agree with me. Television can be cruel sometimes. Unfortunately for some TV series, they had to be discontinued due to either poor ratings or they couldn’t keep up. I really consider good entertainment taken away from me as a great tragedy. Anyways, here are some of our Interesting Tv series that were cancelled.

NO ORDINARY FAMILY

The Powells May have superpowers but they weren’t strong enough to save their TV series. The cancellation of this series really got me bamboozled, as It was already at the good part :-). No Ordinary Family was cancelled after one season on the air.
No Ordinary Family revolves around a suburban family. While on vacation, crashed into the Amazon river and gained special abilities. The Series debuted with a 3.2 rating and 10.69 million total
viewers. Unfortunately, the ratings didn’t stay at that level, and it dropped by 16% two weeks after the pilot episode and then 15% in week three. The Numbers kept declining and went as low as 1.2 demo ratings and just 4.6 million viewers in March, I was one of the faithful viewers though.
ABC Finally and officially cancelled No Ordinary Family after 20 episodes have been aired. Sadly, they ended the series with me eagerly wanting more. Hopefully, at some point, the Producers will share what they had planned for the future of the series.

KYLE XY
One of my greatest Sci-Fi series then, I was shaken when I heard it was cancelled. The Series didn’t end well, and it was rumoured that the series was cancelled. The series ended with a lot of unresolved mysteries, ratings were also going down and advertisers were looking for more popular shows.
I think ABC felt the series had ran its course, and the Network wanted to go in a new direction with The Secret Life Of The American Teenager which had been a magnificent success. Kyle XY was a really great show while it lasted.

CONSTANTINE
Constantine, another great series with a small but dedicated audience was cancelled before it could reach it’s potential. Rumor has it that, they were attempting to rescue the series with another network ( or possibly a streaming network like Hulu or Netflix) Besides the low ratings, of course, there were also some casting decisions that might have spoilt things slightly, Choices made about the translation from page to screen(they ignored some stories from the comic).
Although, Constantine was cancelled at NBC, the series isn’t dead yet.

LEGEND OF THE SEEKER
Who doesn’t love this series? Legend of the Seeker Based on Terry Goodkind’s “Sword of Truth.”
The novel became a very popular show running from 2008-2010. The Series follows the epic journey of a Young woods guide Richard Cypher (Craig Horner), a mysterious woman Kahlan Amnell (Bridge
Regan) and a wizard Zeddicus Zu’l Zorander (Bruce Spence) to stop a tyrant, Darken Rahl (Craig Parker) from unleashing an ancient and terrifying power and also to close the drift between the living and the underworld.
On April 26th, 2010, Ausilleo Files reported that the Legend of the Seeker has been cancelled and wouldn’t return for a third season, I remember being very sad after hearing the frustrating news. Who wasn’t? It was the series of the century. A lot of fans including me were devastated by the news and we (the fans) responded by launching a renewal campaign titled “#SaveOurSeeker”. Terry Goodkind also expressed his support for the campaign but the efforts for renewal proved abortive.
I loved the series but I gave up hope of its renewal after sometime. It was a terrific show while it aired.

Few Other series cancelled before reaching their full potentials were Chuck, Moonlight, The Tomorrow people, Firely, Fringe, Secret Circle, One three hill, Flash Forward and lots more.

What are your favorite TV Series that were chopped off? Feel Free to drop your Comment on one of your favorite Tv Series that was cancelled.

Don't forget to Visit www.Yeyepikin.com for more movie reviews, updates, news and gists

Source: http://www.yeyepikin.com/2015/09/interesting-tv-series-that-were-cancelled/
what about the unfoutunate ending for our favourite MERLIN?[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by K9blunt(f): 12:13pm On Sep 30, 2015
the gates was a very nice series about a a man and his family, the man was a cop who got fired but fortunately got a fancy offer as a cop in an estate with accommodation and the likes......... everything seemed perfect until the man stumbled upon vampires with an adopted human child, werewolves at loggerheads with vampires, a succubus teenager, witches and he has 2 deputies whom one of which has no heart and her kind of person is still a mystery. hurt me lots when it was cancelled

legend of the seeker really hurt me, no ordinary family oh boy!
VEE 'we are of peace.......... always. men these oyibos no try at all when they cancelled it,
for the series I don't mind their cancelling

kyle xy............. it started good but I started loosing interest as it seemed like the writers were getting clueless on how to proceed with their story lines

one tree hill......... common they should've ended it already.

there are more but these are the ones I remember

1 Like

Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by wx9Z: 6:10pm On Sep 30, 2015
joshuamoses101:
what about the unfoutunate ending for our favourite MERLIN?[color=#006600][/color]

LOL. Smh
Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by parrotibaba(m): 6:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
joshuamoses101:
they didn't cancel Merlin.

1 Like

Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by joshuamoses101(m): 7:31pm On Sep 30, 2015
parrotibaba:
they didn't cancel Merlin.
did i say i was cancelled!?
Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by parrotibaba(m): 7:35pm On Sep 30, 2015
joshuamoses101:
did i say i was cancelled!?
sorry then!
Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by YeyePikin01: 8:04pm On Sep 30, 2015
K9blunt:
the gates was a very nice series about a a man and his family, the man was a cop who got fired but fortunately got a fancy offer as a cop in an estate with accommodation and the likes......... everything seemed perfect until the man stumbled upon vampires with an adopted human child, werewolves at loggerheads with vampires, a succubus teenager, witches and he has 2 deputies whom one of which has no heart and her kind of person is still a mystery. hurt me lots when it was cancelled

Sounds complicated nd boring.
Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 30, 2015
TV Series I wished were never cancelled:

-Ringer:
-Brotherhood
-United States Of Tara
-Firefly
-Masters Of Horror
-Terranova (I hope I got the spelling right)
-Rome
-Huff
-Carnivale
-The Enlightened
-Hannibal
-Kyle XY
-OC
-Boss
-Da Vinci's Demon

1 Like

Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by kazzonline: 8:10pm On Sep 30, 2015
Wayward pines,DIG,american odeesey,one big happy
Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by wx9Z: 11:52am On Oct 01, 2015
koice:
TV Series I wished were never cancelled:
-Ringer: -Brotherhood -United States Of Tara -Firefly -Masters Of Horror -Terranova (I hope I got the spelling right) -Rome -Huff -Carnivale -The Enlightened -Hannibal -Kyle XY -OC -Boss -Da Vinci's Demon
OC wasn't cancelled.
Re: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled by wx9Z: 11:55am On Oct 01, 2015
kazzonline:
Wayward pines,DIG,american odeesey,one big happy
Dem don cancel wayward pines ? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Complete Jenifa’s Diary Season 5 Episodes / Bleach Mania (Anime) / Winners Of The Big Break Moment Africa Graduate From Del York Creative Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.