Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,882 members, 7,813,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Golf 3 Won't Accelerate - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Golf 3 Won't Accelerate (1304 Views)

My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour / Help My Car Doesn't Accelerate Normally (pictures) / You Won't Believe What These People Are Trying To Do (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Golf 3 Won't Accelerate by deathwing(m): 6:28pm On Sep 29, 2015
MY 1.8 VW Golf 3 can't seem to accelerate past 40km/h. The issue started this morning on my way to work. Any ideas? Changing into 2nd and 3rd gear is accompanied by a slight shudder. The 'idle' RPM is slightly lower.

Also just noticed switching on the AC tell a lot on the engine as the rpm reduces I'm in traffic now and afraid the car will stall sad
Re: Golf 3 Won't Accelerate by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:48pm On Sep 29, 2015
deathwing:
MY 1.8 VW Golf 3 can't seem to accelerate past 40km/h. The issue started this morning on my way to work. Any ideas? Changing into 2nd and 3rd gear is accompanied by a slight shudder. The 'idle' RPM is slightly lower.

Also just noticed switching on the AC tell a lot on the engine as the rpm reduces I'm in traffic now and afraid the car will stall sad

Engine misfire.
Re: Golf 3 Won't Accelerate by mulki: 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2015
deathwing:

ur clutch Don burn finish..change the clutch disc
Re: Golf 3 Won't Accelerate by deathwing(m): 6:59pm On Sep 29, 2015
Just got home. The car stalled three times. Something began smelling burnt. Neighbor say na clutch cry
Re: Golf 3 Won't Accelerate by deathwing(m): 7:13pm On Sep 29, 2015
PS. My passenger side rear light doesn't work. It doesn't come on at all. I have changed the bulbs and checked the fuse. The fuse box is fine. sad Ideas?
Re: Golf 3 Won't Accelerate by mayor2013: 7:37pm On Sep 29, 2015
deathwing:
PS. My passenger side rear light doesn't work. It doesn't come on at all. I have changed the bulbs and checked the fuse. The fuse box is fine. sad Ideas?

Only this car. Am sure you abuse this ride so much.
Re: Golf 3 Won't Accelerate by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:31pm On Sep 29, 2015
Change in diagnosis.

Driver misfire.

3 Likes

Re: Golf 3 Won't Accelerate by kingreign(m): 8:43pm On Sep 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Change in diagnosis.

Driver misfire.
He just bought the car some days ago. He wanna kazeemize the car.
Re: Golf 3 Won't Accelerate by deathwing(m): 9:38pm On Sep 29, 2015
Lol. Someone just told me about the rear light thing. I have no idea how that could have come about.

I got the car about two months ago. It's my first car, and I used it to learn how drive. My teachers decided I couldn't burn the clutch because I picked up clutch control pretty quickly. I don't stress the car, I only mostly drive to and from work... Ten minutes away from home.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The clutch thing and rear light issue are the only problems right now. I recently fixed the disconnected vacuum pipe that a mechanic left open while fixing speakers in the door, so I'm not a total noob to the workings of a car.

Oh well... Guess I'll just get myself a new clutch plate tomorrow sad
Re: Golf 3 Won't Accelerate by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:56pm On Sep 29, 2015
deathwing:
Lol. Someone just told me about the rear light thing. I have no idea how that could have come about.

I got the car about two months ago. It's my first car, and I used it to learn how drive. My teachers decided I couldn't burn the clutch because I picked up clutch control pretty quickly. I don't stress the car, I only mostly drive to and from work... Ten minutes away from home.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The clutch thing and rear light issue are the only problems right now. I recently fixed the disconnected vacuum pipe that a mechanic left open while fixing speakers in the door, so I'm not a total noob to the workings of a car.

Oh well... Guess I'll just get myself a new clutch plate tomorrow sad

For the clutch to be burnt after 2months of you driving it says a lot about your driving skills. You need to learn how to drive a manual vehicle.

1 Like

Re: Golf 3 Won't Accelerate by fanex: 9:33am On Sep 30, 2015
NO STRESS, WE COME TO YOU* WE ARE FULLY MOBILE

 ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHTS
 ABS LIGHTS
 AIR BAG LIGHTS
 TRANSMISSION FAULTS
 ELECTRIC ROOF FAULTS
 INJECTOR FAULTS
 FUEL SENSORS
 MAF SENSORS
 COOLANT SENSORS
 IMMOBILISER FAULTS
 ODOMETRE CORRETION (soon)

***INSTANT RESULT PRINTOUT***

SCAN IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT

Call Mr Tunde

08088997344, 08146307082

NO MORE MECHANIC CHEAT DO IT YOURSELF FOR JUST N5000

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Golf 3 Won't Accelerate by deathwing(m): 10:39am On Sep 30, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

For the clutch to be burnt after 2months of you driving it says a lot about your driving skills. You need to learn how to drive a manual vehicle.

LOL. But traffic is bad na sad I can barely get my feet off the clutch before I have to depress it in order to brake sad

Ill try to do better with the new Clutch
Re: Golf 3 Won't Accelerate by southcent: 11:53am On Sep 30, 2015
consider visiting the auto-hospital don't just take some savvy-looking advice here and cause more damage to your ride
Re: Golf 3 Won't Accelerate by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:55am On Sep 30, 2015
fanex:
NO STRESS, WE COME TO YOU* WE ARE FULLY MOBILE

 ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHTS
 ABS LIGHTS
 AIR BAG LIGHTS
 TRANSMISSION FAULTS
 ELECTRIC ROOF FAULTS
 INJECTOR FAULTS
 FUEL SENSORS
 MAF SENSORS
 COOLANT SENSORS
 IMMOBILISER FAULTS
 ODOMETRE CORRETION (soon)

***INSTANT RESULT PRINTOUT***

SCAN IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT

Call Mr Tunde

08088997344, 08146307082

NO MORE MECHANIC CHEAT DO IT YOURSELF FOR JUST N5000

The bolded is a cheat.
Re: Golf 3 Won't Accelerate by fanex: 11:59am On Sep 30, 2015
Not when your engine is replaced or repaired with new parts.

its a service we offer. we dont get personally involved.

GAZZUZZ:

The bolded is a cheat.
Re: Golf 3 Won't Accelerate by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:03pm On Sep 30, 2015
fanex:
Not when your engine is replaced or repaired with new parts.

its a service we offer. we dont get personally involved.

Still a cheat.
Re: Golf 3 Won't Accelerate by fanex: 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
ok sir its a cheat.
GAZZUZZ:

Still a cheat.

(1) (Reply)

Issues With Obd Port, Pls Help Resolve. / Honda 2009 V6 Engine / Urgent!!! Best Coolant For Nissan Quest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.