Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,799 members, 7,813,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour (2149 Views)

Hyperloop Releases New Images :how Would You Like To Travel At 1200 Km/h / Toyota Yaris Does Not Accelerate And Shakes On A/C / Is It Possible For A Car Doing 120/km To Overtake Another At The Same Speed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour by aizakun(m): 9:13am On Aug 10, 2017
I tried to test my nissan primera 2002 on ikorodu road to ikeja yesterday and discovered that i could not do more than 40km/hr even when the road was free, other motorists were just passing by fast and i had to shamefullly move to the service lane, pls what can be the problem as i have changed the plugs and just serviced with 5w 30 (mobil 1) oil
Cc
Costee
Gazzuzz
Honmusa
Re: My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 10, 2017
Post pictures of your engine bay from different angles
Re: My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour by honmusa(m): 11:17am On Aug 10, 2017
aizakun:
I tried to test my nissan primera 2002 on ikorodu road to ikeja yesterday and discovered that i could not do more than 40km/hr even when the road was free, other motorists were just passing by fast and i had to shamefullly move to the service lane, pls what can be the problem as i have changed the plugs and just serviced with 5w 30 (mobil 1) oil
Cc
Costee
Gazzuzz
Honmusa
seems you have issue with airflow or restrictions!!

Check the MAF and also for restricted exhaust!!!
Re: My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour by aizakun(m): 12:14pm On Aug 10, 2017
Sorry where do i check for the MAF?
Re: My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour by ugreat(m): 1:52pm On Aug 10, 2017
aizakun:
Sorry where do i check for the MAF?
Some googling will help you.
Re: My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 10, 2017
Also check it catalyst is blocked.
Re: My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour by austin4real(m): 8:23pm On Aug 10, 2017
I highly suspect the air flow meter/maf sensor. This. Parts fail easily on the Nissan primera

1 Like

Re: My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour by Emekayoung(m): 10:43pm On Aug 10, 2017
If ur car is an auto drive and ur engine is revving higher than 3000rpm while doing 40km/h that means u shuld be looking at a transmission issues. Read wat i wrote carefully.
Re: My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour by aizakun(m): 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2017
It is a car converted from right hand to left hand and the "kazeem" i contacted to get his opinion said the person that did the conversion did not do it well that the pedal is not touching the floor very well
Re: My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour by Originalsly: 2:37pm On Aug 12, 2017
aizakun:
It is a car converted from right hand to left hand and the "kazeem" i contacted to get his opinion said the person that did the conversion did not do it well that the pedal is not touching the floor very well
This I find interesting..... so what did the kazeem suggest?
Re: My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour by aizakun(m): 6:13am On Aug 13, 2017
He said i shd take it to a panelbeater to heat the panel underneath to make it lower and create space for the accelerator to be fepressef fully
Re: My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour by aizakun(m): 10:50am On Aug 17, 2017
Depressed fully
Re: My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour by ghadaffi2000(m): 9:45pm On Aug 20, 2017
aizakun:
Cc
Costee
Gazzuzz
Honmusa

Same symptoms on my Nissan quest 2005. I parked road side and checked the car under. It was red hot somewhere under the engine. DTC scan shows P0037, P0340 and P0765. Gazzuzz please help a fella out before Kareem kill my car.
Re: My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour by honmusa(m): 10:35pm On Aug 20, 2017
ghadaffi2000:

Same symptoms on my Nissan quest 2005. I parked road side and checked the car under. It was red hot somewhere under the engine. DTC scan shows P0037, P0340 and P0765. Gazzuzz please help a fella out before Kareem kill my car.
Restricted exhaust !!! tell your panel to check the Catalyst !!

1 Like

Re: My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour by dudebuck: 7:32pm On Aug 24, 2017
Google limp home mode
Re: My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour by aizakun(m): 7:59am On Oct 25, 2017
I have checked the Nissan Primera is in LIMP MODE,i.e. it does Not rev past 3000 RPM but I notice that the ABS light is always on and it shows CHECK ABS on the display board and check engine, pls what do I do to make it accelerate
Re: My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour by oluwaseunla(m): 10:06am On Oct 25, 2017
aizakun:
I have checked the Nissan Primera is in LIMP MODE,i.e. it does Not rev past 3000 RPM but I notice that the ABS light is always on and it shows CHECK ABS on the display board and check engine, pls what do I do to make it accelerate

Bros, you need to scan that car. The codes will determine the next line of action.
Re: My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour by honmusa(m): 11:26am On Oct 25, 2017
aizakun:
Don't disturb your self about ABS ,for your car type,its failure doesn't affect performance.
Beside, look for your obd2 DLC if it is still intact.
Re: My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour by stevespack(m): 12:23pm On Oct 25, 2017
please really i don't know much about cars can somebody help out?
A friend of mine needs Nissan product that have atlast inscription by the door side used for carrying goods. AC or no AC is okay.
Please how much is the car if you have? And u must be in lagos.
For serious business kindly reply or you know much help thank you.

(1) (Reply)

The Most and Least Expensive Cars to Maintain / Honda Civic 2004 Sedan Timing Belt Cutting Problem / Car Battery Theft: Is There A Lasting Solution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.