Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Unable To Use US Made TV In Nigeria - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Unable To Use US Made TV In Nigeria (8522 Views)

Ericsson Rival Iroko TV In Nigeria / How To Make Your DSTV Decoder Unable To Receive Commands From The Remote Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unable To Use US Made TV In Nigeria by kkkossy(m): 6:58am On Sep 30, 2015
I have a new 46 inch toshiba tv but each time I connect my AV wire to watch cable tv ,it's always in black and white. Also when I connect my hdmi cable from my dvd to my TV it will only play sounds but no pictures. I have tried all I could. Someone told me the TV was produced in the US the time zone does not show africa. I live in Nigeria. Pls how can I resolve it. Thanks
Re: Unable To Use US Made TV In Nigeria by pofolo(m): 7:43am On Sep 30, 2015
kkkossy.
America uses a NTSC picture system while most product in Nigeria uses PAL picture system.

you best bet is...
1: change the TV system to auto or pal.
2: get a DVD,decoder, or home theater that allows its picture system to be set to auto or NTSC if the TV system can not be changed.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Unable To Use US Made TV In Nigeria by kkkossy(m): 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2015
pofolo:
kkkossy.
America uses a NTSC picture system while most product in Nigeria uses PAL picture system.

you best bet is...
1: change the TV system to auto or pal.
2: get a DVD,decoder, or home theater that allows its picture system to be set to auto or NTSC if the TV system can not be changed.

@pofolo thanks for the reply. My HD tv does not have an option for changing tv setting to PAL neither does my GOtv decoder. What other option do I have? Do I go for the ntsc/PAL converter?
Re: Unable To Use US Made TV In Nigeria by mecussey(m): 10:13pm On Oct 03, 2015
kkkossy:

@pofolo thanks for the reply. My HD tv does not have an option for changing tv setting to PAL neither does my GOtv decoder. What other option do I have? Do I go for the ntsc/PAL converter?

i am not sure if u hav checked well...we no get lite, i for help u check. Also, look for the tv resolution 570p or i or 1085p or i
Re: Unable To Use US Made TV In Nigeria by gabon(m): 8:59pm On Oct 05, 2015
I have solution to your TV, call me on 07035588336 or 08139909900. gaboninfotech@yahoo.com
Re: Unable To Use US Made TV In Nigeria by ponani: 10:24pm On Oct 05, 2015
YOU NEED DVD REWRITABLE TO MAKE IT SHOW
Re: Unable To Use US Made TV In Nigeria by twinskenny(m): 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2015
kkkossy:
I have a new 46 inch toshiba tv but each time I connect my AV wire to watch cable tv ,it's always in black and white. Also when I connect my hdmi cable from my dvd to my TV it will only play sounds but no pictures. I have tried all I could. Someone told me the TV was produced in the US the time zone does not show africa. I live in Nigeria. Pls how can I resolve it. Thanks

i have solved this problem many time before... is either you get yourself a ntsc to pal converter.... or you get some of those old video cd playwer with hdmi out.. what i used the last time.. good luck grin

meanwhile the old video cd player are readily available in ALABA INTERNATIONAL
Re: Unable To Use US Made TV In Nigeria by JUO(m): 2:41am On Oct 08, 2015
Gotv or any other pal decoder will not work. Your best option is strong decoder or dstv HD decoder. For the strong decoder you must set the decoder to NTSC for mpeg 4 model and hdmi auto for HD model on another TV before connecting it to your Toshiba or get Orei XD-1190 PAL HDMI/RCA to NTSC HDMI Converter Built in Analog TV Tuner http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F3SOQZO/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?qid=1444268425&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=pal+to+ntsc+converter&dpPl=1&dpID=41kQ%2BE%2Bb8QL&ref=plSrch
Re: Unable To Use US Made TV In Nigeria by Tharyor1984(m): 8:22am On Jul 25, 2020
Please I need more explanation on this because am facing such problem now in an hotel that I want to do extension for
Re: Unable To Use US Made TV In Nigeria by Benjamin702: 8:25am On Aug 02, 2021
Yes, there are such problems, I think you can use other services like Uwatchfree to get more access to TV and your favorite shows. You can also check streaming services

(1) (Reply)

Hosting My Tv Channel On A Digital Decoder / Dstv Collective Package For Sale 3 Decoders #25,000 / Latitudes And Longitudes Of Major Towns In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.