Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Do People Make Money Building Houses For Rent Alone? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Do People Make Money Building Houses For Rent Alone? (973 Views)

Why Do People Park At Night / AFFORDABLE Land AND HOUSES FOR SALE @ IBEJU LEKKI, IKORODU, SHIMAWA, OTA ABUJA / Investing In A Chain Of Filling Stations Or Building Houses For Rentals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do People Make Money Building Houses For Rent Alone? by Javillaxy: 7:33am On Oct 01, 2015
My opinion is property investment is over-rated in Nigeria People who make money from real estate are house flippers, developers, agents and lawyers. If you are planning to build/buy a property for the sole purpose of renting it out, you may later discover you can barely make 6-7% on your investment annually. This is a personal opinion though, I'll like to know what you think about this?
Re: Do People Make Money Building Houses For Rent Alone? by ednut1(m): 8:45am On Oct 01, 2015
Javillaxy:
My opinion is property investment is over-rated in Nigeria People who make money from real estate are house flippers, developers, agents and lawyers. If you are planning to build/buy a property for the sole purpose of renting it out, you may later discover you can barely make 6-7% on your investment annually. This is a personal opinion though, I'll like to know what you think about this?
the value of the land and building appreciates yearly. Some 1 i know bot land at aiyetoro in ogun/lag border 30k in 1998. Sold it 2011 N1.4m. In ajah axis wen it was a dead area pple bot land 500k. Now they can get 8-10m selling it. Its a nice investment. Land wit duplex in lekki goes for 80-130m now. Ten years ago how much was it Be wise
Re: Do People Make Money Building Houses For Rent Alone? by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 01, 2015
ednut1:
the value of the land and building appreciates yearly. Some 1 i know bot land at aiyetoro in ogun/lag border 30k in 1998. Sold it 2011 N1.4m. In ajah axis wen it was a dead area pple bot land 500k. Now they can get 8-10m selling it. Its a nice investment. Land wit duplex in lekki goes for 80-130m now. Ten years ago how much was it Be wise

You are getting him wrong Ednut, Op is more concerned about how much is investment can pay back annually and not what it will yield in 20 years time or so.

Property investment is a long time investment bro, anyone that wants to go into land and building shouldn't expect quick ROI from it, the investment is meant to serve you for a long time! The payback period is low compared to other forms of investment around but you can be rest assured that it is almost impossible to run at loss because without you even injecting further dime in it, your investment value would always appreciate.

If you want an investment that would guarantee you recouping at least 15-20% of your capital annually, property investment should be your last option.

Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Ways To Finance Your Building Project / Affordable Land At Gbagada For Sale: Www.puvproperties.com.ng / Plots Of Land For Sale Off Stadium Road,portharcourt (with Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.