Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,918 members, 7,810,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony (28761 Views)

I Got A Job Here! You Too Can. / How I Got A Job / Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony by misspicy(f): 6:48pm On Oct 01, 2015
Cc kossyablaze cool

Btw phabulous88 are you searching for wife smiley

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony by destinel(m): 7:00pm On Oct 01, 2015
If you reside anywhere close to: Oshodi, Mafoluku, Ajao Estate, Ilasamaja, Ilupeju, Ikeja and Environs. This great news is for you.
There is a huge opportunity coming for youth Graduates seeking for Jobs with a minimum of OND, HND & BSC.
A parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (Joseph's Court Parish precisely) located within The Excel Oriental Hotel along International Airport Road, beside Eco Bank, Ajao Estate, Mafoluku-Oshodi; as one of its Vision is willing to Empower and Employ as many youths as possible (maximum of 200) within the remaining Quarter of the year. Limited slots are available please, so if interested please contact:

Wish you goodluck!!!
Re: I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony by sallysalsa09: 8:11pm On Oct 01, 2015
phabulous88:
Prior to August 2015, I never thought I'd loose my job because I am well educated and always met my KPIs. But then I lost my job and had to start looking for a new one. I joined an online job portal, did a lot of cold calling, attended series of interviews but nothing was forthcoming.

By mid August, I changed my strategy and started searching for firms online by using industry specific keywords. For example, I'll go to Google and type ' Associate Information Technology Consultancy South Africa Nigeria LinkedIn' and I'll get a list of LinkedIn profiles of professionals in the industry. I'll then peruse their LinkedIn profiles for the companies they are working for or for companies they have worked for. Thereafter, I'll visit the company's website for information on the kind of services they offer.

I was doing this one Saturday evening and found out that a company in VI was recruiting. I sent in my CV immediately but I wasn't satisfied. Fast forward to Monday morning, I drove to their office in VI and requested to meet the M.D. After about 6 hours of waiting, I was able to meet the M.D for about 2 minutes, and that 2 minutes changed my story. I was scheduled for a formal interview and before the ministerial list could get to the Senate president, I got a job offer.

I'll be resuming work on 5th October 2015 and I'm so so thankful to God for this opportunity. I pray that God will bless any Nairalander looking for a job with a job that brings fulfillment and happiness. Amen

Lessons learnt:
1) information is power - the Internet has loads of information that one can exploit, use the right keywords to get more information. Also, do a thorough research about the company you're applying to
2) Follow up - if I hadn't gone to their office and requested that I met with the M.D, I'll probably will still be searching for a job
3) Network - by spreading your tentacles in the right direction, you are more likely to get your dream job than those who do only online job portals. I did speak to trusted friends and got a couple of interview invites through their friend's friend's brother's cousin's fiancée grin
4) Keep developing yourself - I did a lot of research and learnt a couple of skills this period. No knowledge is a waste
5) Pray - Ah! I prayed o! But don't spend your whole day in the church, go out!

6) Save - I don't need to say much on this

A good inspiration to alot of us out there.
am waiting for the day i have the liver to do what you did by going to meet the MD.
kudos
Re: I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony by calcal: 8:16pm On Oct 01, 2015
55 yias of depression, darkness, poverty...
Re: I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony by saintandsinnerz: 8:46pm On Oct 01, 2015
philiancoop:

those guys need either need job hunting lessons or have issues with their qualifications
This your comment either shows you are either still in the university or have not job hunted before. Look, there are a lot of people who have stayed more than five years searching for job but to no avail. Mind you, there is nothing wrong with them. Some of them I know personally have good grades and are quite intelligent. Infact I graduated more than five years ago, but some of the leading guys in my department then are still unemployed! Some of us who got job were not better than others. We are simply lucky! So take a chill pill and try and show empathy next time you are commeting on things like this

4 Likes

Re: I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony by butanep(m): 9:36pm On Oct 01, 2015
Congrat man
Re: I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony by inze(m): 10:20pm On Oct 01, 2015
phabulous88:
I was scheduled for a formal interview and before the ministerial list could get to the Senate president, I got a job offer.

. . . chai, this is wicked enough shocked

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony by Godiskind: 10:52pm On Oct 01, 2015
Congrats and I thank God for you. How were you able to meet with the MD? Couple of times, I have tried that approach but it didn't work. The security man will not even allow you to enter, so far as you don't have appointment with the MD or HR. And if you claim you do, you will be made to speak on intercom with the MD or HR who will instantly declare not knowing you or having appointment with you. So can you lend me the formula you used?
Re: I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 02, 2015
phabulous88:
Prior to August 2015, I never thought I'd loose my job because I am well educated and always met my KPIs. But then I lost my job and had to start looking for a new one. I joined an online job portal, did a lot of cold calling, attended series of interviews but nothing was forthcoming.

By mid August, I changed my strategy and started searching for firms online by using industry specific keywords. For example, I'll go to Google and type ' Associate Information Technology Consultancy South Africa Nigeria LinkedIn' and I'll get a list of LinkedIn profiles of professionals in the industry. I'll then peruse their LinkedIn profiles for the companies they are working for or for companies they have worked for. Thereafter, I'll visit the company's website for information on the kind of services they offer.

I was doing this one Saturday evening and found out that a company in VI was recruiting. I sent in my CV immediately but I wasn't satisfied. Fast forward to Monday morning, I drove to their office in VI and requested to meet the M.D. After about 6 hours of waiting, I was able to meet the M.D for about 2 minutes, and that 2 minutes changed my story. I was scheduled for a formal interview and before the ministerial list could get to the Senate president, I got a job offer.

I'll be resuming work on 5th October 2015 and I'm so so thankful to God for this opportunity. I pray that God will bless any Nairalander looking for a job with a job that brings fulfillment and happiness. Amen

Lessons learnt:
1) information is power - the Internet has loads of information that one can exploit, use the right keywords to get more information. Also, do a thorough research about the company you're applying to
2) Follow up - if I hadn't gone to their office and requested that I met with the M.D, I'll probably will still be searching for a job
3) Network - by spreading your tentacles in the right direction, you are more likely to get your dream job than those who do only online job portals. I did speak to trusted friends and got a couple of interview invites through their friend's friend's brother's cousin's fiancée grin
4) Keep developing yourself - I did a lot of research and learnt a couple of skills this period. No knowledge is a waste

ĆơŋɠřąŧŞ ცřơ
Re: I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony by kossyablaze(m): 8:13am On Oct 02, 2015
misspicy:
Cc kossyablaze cool

Btw phabulous88 are you searching for wife smiley
cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony by anthonychido: 8:25am On Oct 02, 2015
Thank God. I also have gotten a good job by God Grace.
Re: I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony by kingolovich(m): 8:43am On Oct 02, 2015
phabulous88:

I'll be resuming work on 5th October 2015 and I'm so so thankful to God for this opportunity. I pray that God will bless any Nairalander looking for a job with a job that brings fulfillment and happiness.
. Same day I'll be writing PUTME . God help me
Re: I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony by free37: 10:10am On Oct 02, 2015
phabulous88:

Lessons learnt:

Congrats.
Re: I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony by Meeky(m): 11:52am On Oct 02, 2015
congrats op.God bless this job and make the testimony permanent
Re: I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony by livingstoneony(m): 1:31pm On Oct 02, 2015

Re: I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony by philiancoop(m): 2:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

This your comment either shows you are either still in the university or have not job hunted before. Look, there are a lot of people who have stayed more than five years searching for job but to no avail. Mind you, there is nothing wrong with them. Some of them I know personally have good grades and are quite intelligent. Infact I graduated more than five years ago, but some of the leading guys in my department then are still unemployed! Some of us who got job were not better than others. We are simply lucky! So take a chill pill and try and show empathy next time you are commeting on things like this
I cannot say you are wrong because i "job-hunted" for about 2 years before landing this one I have now with a private University and I wasn't idle during that period.
But some guys are just learners when it comes to looking for a job, they form the majority of those that spend long years unemployed. I know many of them, they just sit and complain, when they should go out there and get things done!
Re: I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony by Hemanwel(m): 12:36pm On Oct 12, 2015
Hmmm...congrats,man!
Re: I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony by roshanrayy: 7:23am On Aug 20, 2023
Download American moviesDownload American movies 2023 with English subtitles. Latest American actions, comedy and horror movies.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job / Massive Recruitment at Federal University, Kashere Gombe State, May 2015 / I Refused A 200k Per Month Job Because I Cannot Work Under A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.