Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Google Cardboard - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Google Cardboard (1194 Views)

A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) / When Will Nigerian Produce Any Of These Cardboard Boxes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Cardboard by Nosainwe(m): 10:17am On Oct 01, 2015
Google cardboard is a new platform create by google for android users to make virtual reality accessible to every one at a very low cost compared to the competition,all you need is a device,the app and the google cardboard which you can buy online or make yourself then you enter the virtual world.But i have been wondering if any of you guys are currently using it and if i can get it in nigeria.thanks
Re: Google Cardboard by khalhokage(m): 10:20am On Oct 01, 2015
You can find it for sale on Konga at about 3k I think.
Re: Google Cardboard by Nosainwe(m): 10:45am On Oct 01, 2015
khalhokage:
You can find it for sale on Konga at about 3k I think.
i just checked and i think they are of two variety a #3000 and a #10000
Re: Google Cardboard by khalhokage(m): 3:27pm On Oct 01, 2015
Nosainwe:
i just checked and i think they are of two variety a #3000 and a #10000

They're the same, Google cardboard doesn't have varieties.
Re: Google Cardboard by Nosainwe(m): 5:56pm On Oct 01, 2015
khalhokage:

They're the same, Google cardboard doesn't have varieties.
but why are there two price tags
Re: Google Cardboard by khalhokage(m): 8:07pm On Oct 01, 2015
Nosainwe:
but why are there two price tags
Different sellers I think
Re: Google Cardboard by Nosainwe(m): 9:22pm On Oct 02, 2015
khalhokage:

Different sellers I think
so nobody is currently using it please share your experience
Re: Google Cardboard by khalhokage(m): 10:19pm On Oct 02, 2015
Nosainwe:
so nobody is currently using it please share your experience

I've not used it yet, i believe my device is too big for it.
Re: Google Cardboard by Nosainwe(m): 11:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
khalhokage:

Re: Google Cardboard by Nosainwe(m): 11:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
khalhokage:

which device do u use
Re: Google Cardboard by Kingbilo(m): 9:15am On Oct 03, 2015
I've used a similar device.. Not cardboard sha but basically the same.. It's quite a novel experience.. If indeed you can get it for 3k, then I'll try to get one myself.. I see lots of uses. You get a 3d experience better than any cinema in naija.. Our 3d here sucks balls.. Also, i hear you can watch 2d movies on it too. Although I never tried it.. It's something you and friends can have fun with.. I like to watch movies while I work out (cardiovascular machines only) and this will probably enhance that experience sha.. 10 is a ridiculous price by the way. Any VR equipment over 5k is a rip off

Keep in mind tho that this is Nigeria.. The climate here isn't that great for cardboard and such..Also, I don't think it's sanitary to share.. In my opinion it's better you get a plastic equivalent
Re: Google Cardboard by Nosainwe(m): 7:56pm On Oct 03, 2015
Kingbilo:
I've used a similar device.. Not cardboard sha but basically the same.. It's quite a novel experience.. If indeed you can get it for 3k, then I'll try to get one myself.. I see lots of uses. You get a 3d experience better than any cinema in naija.. Our 3d here sucks balls.. Also, i hear you can watch 2d movies on it too. Although I never tried it.. It's something you and friends can have fun with.. I like to watch movies while I work out (cardiovascular machines only) and this will probably enhance that experience sha.. 10 is a ridiculous price by the way. Any VR equipment over 5k is a rip off

Keep in mind tho that this is Nigeria.. The climate here isn't that great for cardboard and such..Also, I don't think it's sanitary to share.. In my opinion it's better you get a plastic equivalent
there is an app that converts 2d films to 3d coming soon
Re: Google Cardboard by jude33084(m): 2:47pm On Oct 13, 2015
Nosainwe:
there is an app that converts 2d films to 3d coming soon

It is already here bro cool

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Building Bulletproof, Fireproof And Earthquake Resisitant Houses / Diy Micro Mini Paper Plane / (mochat)clone Multiple Whatsapp, Facebook & Other Accounts Online Simultaneously

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.