Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! (61133 Views)

7 Nigerian Pastors That Were Accused Of Adultery – No. 3 & 6 Cases Shook Nigeria / Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? / Wives Of 9 Powerful Nigerian Pastors (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nnemaranma(f): 9:22am On Oct 04, 2015
Have been modified
Bugatie:

Contract with who?
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by loomer: 9:23am On Oct 04, 2015
Obipat:
stupiid question from a gullible fellow

Just asking becos, the last time I also checked, them dey always give pope private jet to fly to where him wan go.

You need not call me stupid but make ur research
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Harrisonwo(m): 9:24am On Oct 04, 2015
The vatican is as old as time itself. The state was made to serve as mecca of a sort and a reminder of where catholism started. If you have been there b4, u notice the place is as old as wetin and such building, paintings, relics are ordinarily expensive. The popes r to lead it simple lifestyle to show the world that MONEY isn't everything. Quote me, if the pope wants a BOE737 jet now, he can get it but he knows material things fade. Check the list of popes b4 him especially pope john paul II. They lived simple lifestyles in the presence of affluence.
The church channels it resources into orphanages, feeding the poor, and other life changing works aimed at bettering humanity which our "men of God" sorry "god of men" seems to forget. For Christ sake, wetin pastor dey do wt 4 private jets. One no do to do God's work. The pope is the leader of over 1.2billion catholics and yet no dey carry himself. That's why the papalcy will always be revered and always a pointer to our "god of men" to follow

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Bugatie(m): 9:25am On Oct 04, 2015
Nnemaranma:
Have been modified

Seen and modified too
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by doublewisdom: 9:26am On Oct 04, 2015
teekay12:

I hope people see the sarcasm in this comment.
Most won't. Watch them cuss him out.

5 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by razzydoo(m): 9:26am On Oct 04, 2015
In fela's voice; archbishop dey enjoy, pope sef dey enjoy, imam sef dey enjoy...my brother wetin u say??
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Abujalandlord: 9:27am On Oct 04, 2015
You guys should wake up to realities of our times pleeeasssess..these days appearance. Matters. It send the right massages, it convinces followers and above all its shows that God is with you....we often forget that the vertical blossomed hundreds of years and remains one of the richest..they have make their mark ways b4 our material time, just imagine if it were to start now without its present fortune , I bet even Italians won't know a man call Pope let alone the Nigerians ....so, money is needed to run even the gods works these days....and. If u don't believe so ure still dreaming
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nnemaranma(f): 9:27am On Oct 04, 2015
I pray d Rev. Fathers will also emulate the Pope..

7 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Jyde89: 9:27am On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

This is not the African Way.
The Pope is wrong. How can we respect him as a man of God if he travels amongst the common people? How can we glorify one who does not glorify himself? He is a messenger of God!! He should reflect God's power accordingly.We do not exalt those on our own level. A true pastor must SHOW he is above us in every way.

The Vatican has billions and BILLIONS in precious metals and stones but this pope does not display any of this for us to admire. If we cannot SEE and admire a man's power and wealth how can we follow him and give unto his glory?

This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. A man of God cannot be humble. He must be mighty as God is mighty.Fly your private jet, Papa Oyedepo! Wear your Rolex, Papa Adeboye. Wear your Armani suits Pastor Daniel! We cannot judge you as we judge ourselves. You are truly men of God. Our spiritual and earthly masters!
I want to believe this write up is a sarcasm so I won't take you up on it.

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by rusher14: 9:28am On Oct 04, 2015
oyadanoz:

no peticustan minister defend his salvation but the scripture does. its only chatolic that uses doctrines to defend thair idolatory belif and all that are not biblecal.
You too much joor.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Bobopupa: 9:28am On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

The Pope is wrong. How can we respect him as a man of God if he travels amongst the common people? How can we glorify one who does not glorify himself? He is a messenger of God!! He should reflect God's power accordingly.We do not exalt those on our own level. A true pastor must SHOW he is above us in every way.

The Vatican has billions and BILLIONS in precious metals and stones but this pope does not display any of this for us to admire. If we cannot SEE and admire a man's power and wealth how can we follow him and give unto his glory?

This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. A man of God cannot be humble. He must be mighty as God is mighty.Fly your private jet, Papa Oyedepo! Wear your Rolex, Papa Adeboye. Wear your Armani suits Pastor Daniel! We cannot judge you as we judge ourselves. You are truly men of God. Our spiritual and earthly masters!
huh
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

It is neither about the African way nor about the Asian or American way. It is about the Christian way.

Did Jesus not travel among "common people"?

Did Jesus not preach humility?

"For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."

And did he not say this:

"Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven."

The church values humility, altruism, benevolence, charity, forgiveness.
These are the Christian core values.

"Jesus answered, If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Once again:

"Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted."

Read your Bible! Go and sin no more.

5 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by doublewisdom: 9:30am On Oct 04, 2015
Truluvguy:
you must be a fool for saying all these. i see you are one of those upcoming fake prophets around. you are a disgrace to your stupid church. criminal
Smh for you. Please grab a dictionary, check the for the meaning of sarcasm and stop embarrassing yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by ttmacoy: 9:30am On Oct 04, 2015
The difference is those do not belong to the Pope but to the church while for Nigerian pastors the wealth belongs to the Pastor and is usually passed to their children.

Some of the best schools in the UK are run by the Catholic Church and you know what, they are free.

Weah96:
Have you seen where the pope calls HOME? It's a sovereign state. LOL The sale of one of his paintings alone could convince Oyedepo to become his house boy. Or even Creflo Money, abi, Dollar.

Don't compare the pope's annual earnings with these multi millionaires please. That's disrespectful to the hard work put in by the Vatican over the centuries.

10 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by pld4reel(m): 9:30am On Oct 04, 2015
This is how it should be

10 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by macaranta(m): 9:31am On Oct 04, 2015
True talk....Humility is something most pastors don't want to be associated with.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

Ignorance!! I will not dignify you with a response other than that. When blind people blindly lead other blind people then a generation of blind people pit bound is the result.

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Amack(m): 9:31am On Oct 04, 2015
We have 2 type of priest Rev Frs and celebrities.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by doublewisdom: 9:32am On Oct 04, 2015
Mindfulness:

It is neither about the African way nor about the Asian or American way. It is about the Christian way.

Did Jesus not travel among "common people"?

Did Jesus not preach humility?

"For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."

And did he not say this:

"Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven."

The church values humility, altruism, benevolence, charity, forgiveness.
These are the Christian core values.

"Jesus answered, If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Once again:

"Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted."

Read your Bible! Go and sin no more.
Smh for you.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by nwakaibeya1: 9:32am On Oct 04, 2015
SPIRITUAL truth YOU MUST KNOW>BE WISE>click>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OHlWvlHdE8 … …………>FOR YOU TO BE FREE… https://instagram.com/p/8NCiQyM9uW/ ASK b4 ITS LATE:Jeremiah 5,21-22 no matter where you are located: born again Christian sisters and brothers&secular are in great evil bondage to the evil marine spirits&occult world and pastors and prophets that are with them are afraid to help them because they have NO MANTLE POWER and LIGHT,which is as JESUSCHRIST said I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD that is the LIGHT reffered to here to totally liberate them?they pastors and prophets dont have that LIGHT and because those evil hidden nations and powers are more powerful than them and there are little they could do or say if not they (those evil hidden nations will query them in the night or they will be frustrated and dealt with and what they are doing as preachers will stop,remember we told you that it is in the night that we know who is who,no matter how human beigns pretend in the day and let us inform you that they the pastors and prophets always defend themselves in the night by renouncing some of the things they said publicly in the day or so called miracles they performed by the recipient beign giving a breathing space and that's why if you closely the so called miracles are not permanent ?it is highly unfortunate that there is NO REAL JESUSCHRIST POWER&LIGHT to liberate their followers even when the bible made it clear that once a problem has been revealed by the light that the problem has been conquered by the light and now ask yourself even when they prophesy why do the problem continue even when it manages to be solved it is never permanent and that is why the sacrifices keep moving,they will see the problem but no GOOD AND PERMANENT solution?behold BORN AGAINS live in fear of witches,evil marine attack and evil dreams and family wickedness?so therefore be it known to you that you must first be totally liberated from your problems before you can have PEACE which Jesus CHRIST promised and giveth but Evil marine,occult world rules and many who are claiming to know Jesus CHRIST or dont know Jesus CHRIST or secular have their roots and power From there and pretend before human beigns who are spiritually ignorant and blind?behold we have the power to proove this truth beyond reasonable doubt and non on the earth can challenge this our heavenly authority :THE LIGHT IS WITH US and that the kingdom of God of justice has come and Gods judgement through Jesus CHRIST has come back upon the earth and whosoever have ear let him hear and we have spoken for humans to hear but this must be spiritual and there is where everything happens and unfolds and that area is not for everyone to know remember the spirits are wiser that humans and there those who have spiritual eyes who reads and sees as we reveal the hidden truths here:mathew13,13-14: romans 11,21-22
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Oletty: 9:33am On Oct 04, 2015
Wrong information you have given. The pope flies Alitalia whenever he leaves the Vatican by air. He has to request an airplane from the airline. The plane does not belong to the Catholic Church neither is it reserved for him at all times. When he visits a country, he flies the local airline in a plane that's made available for him and his entourage. When John Paul II was in Nigeria in 1998, I believe he flew the now defunct ADC for internal trips.

birdman:

I beg to disagree. The pope can request that plane anytime he wants. It is reserved for him. In essence, the state itself has bought a jet for the pope.

Now compare that with a pastor preaching a sermon in one city on saturday night, and another sermon in another time zone the next morning. Obviously driving is not feasible. Neither can you carry all your staff for 4-5 hour wait at the airport every weekend, assuming you can even find a flight when you want. Have you ever flown a 12 hour flight before? What evangelist is going to try a world missions trip lasting a 3 months flying every two to three days. Even Reinhard Bonnke, on moving to the US, needed a private jet. God so kind, he found a preacher that gave it to him for free!

Are there carnal christians and pastors that lust after jets because it is a status symbol? Yeah. But there are also carnal christians, like you, who think all there is to a plane is the status symbol. The plane is a tool. Its very effective for Ceos, vps , presidents because they can get from point a to point b quickly. . And it is a very effective tool for moving significant ministry resources from point a to point b at a moments notice

7 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by refreshrate: 9:33am On Oct 04, 2015
globalresource:
@ op.. Keep hating.. .you will reap hatred in return(not a curse, but law of life). Creflo Dollar asked for money for private Jet and he gave his reasons(not steal). It is left for his congregation to make their decision on that. What the hell is your headache about that? Are you one of the people bankrolling his mission

Politicians are here stealing money.. .You remain helpless. Whereas some of these pastors like Bishop Oyedepo is not on the pay roll of the church. Many who you won't see on the pages of nairaland gives bountifully unto him and they are happy doing it. He has nothing to do with the offering. Most people hating here rarely gives in church or don't attend at all. Whereas we who gives cheerfully don't complain and we are happy doing it.

How would you compare the Pope with other pastors? Have you been to Vatican city and see for yourself.. .you would be surprise at the sight of beauty and magnificence(my due respect to the pope)

Your hatred won't lead you no where. Keep googling pastors around the world.. Many have connected with them for the supernatural prosperity and you are mourning

My advice to you.. ..keep wailing. I don't expect you to grab the spiritual importance of honoring our men of God

You had celebrate when you see Jay Z with private jet but wail when Men of God use the same

Over to you destiny wailers

I really don't know why you're going on to explain all of these to this lot.

1. it's not their money

2. Oyedepo or any of them did not come to ask them for money

3. Non of the pastors borrowed money from them to buy jet.

why not allow them? if they choose to take panadol for another person headache, allow them, abi?

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 04, 2015
doublewisdom:

Smh for you.

For me or for what the Bible teaches?
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Bluffly: 9:34am On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

May God save your soul.

2 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 04, 2015
Are we still discussing Nigerian pastors?
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 04, 2015
chimaraiyke:
All we have in churches this days are hypocrites pastors, church members and church goers who now worship material things instead of the gospel of love, humility, repentance, forgiveness etc that they are suppose to preach. I don't see any justification in men of God owning Jets and buildings with poor people's offerings and tithes when there are many church members who can't afford three square meal. Churches own schools this days that the ordinary church members can't afford to send their children to. Let's not deceive ourselves or let this pastors deceive US, this is end time and we have churches that are now business ventures and no longer house of God.

100 000 likes!
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by refreshrate: 9:35am On Oct 04, 2015
hyfr:
JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS!!! This dude is making me crazy. Pls receive sense

You do realize he was being sarcastic?

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by sandrahnaub(f): 9:37am On Oct 04, 2015
Pastors bin Chopping Congregation money since 1960
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Divinelivn: 9:40am On Oct 04, 2015
We xtians are so funny and carnal in thoughts.... We justify and judge everytin even if we do not have the spiritual knowledge to so do, thereby committing sin and doing satan's work for him.
I say this because whether a man of God treks to london while another uses a 5m car or a jet, it isn't my job to analyse and judge.
If we r not careful, by such judgments we bring dishonour to God and invoke God's wrath
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 04, 2015
[size=18pt]1 Timothy 6:10

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 04, 2015
Divinelivn:
We xtians are so funny and carnal in thoughts.... We justify and judge everytin even if we do not have the spiritual knowledge to so do, thereby committing sin and doing satan's work for him.
I say this because whether a man of God treks to london while another uses a 5m car or a jet, it isn't my job to analyse and judge.
If we r not careful, by such judgments we bring dishonour to God and invoke God's wrath

Judging and speaking up for core Christian values are two different things.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Tom Samson, His Hummer Limo, & Bodyguards Storm Cama Awards (pics) / Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church / "I Want To Marry A Rich Nigerian Man" - Black American Female Pastor Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.