Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church (61154 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks Against LGBTQ Rise In The World (video) / Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing At Shiloh 2017 (Video) / Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by HigherEd: 8:26am On Jun 12, 2020
Bishop Oyedepo Talks In Excerpts About The Church's Succession Plan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU1JwXeBg88

Criticises Hereditary Succession in Charismatic Ministeries - Putting huge doubts and questions as regard his first Son leading the Church's next generation.

Bishop David Oyedepo

*Many charismatic churches die before their founder dies.

God is counting every step you are taking. If you want to leave a church as an inheritance for your family, the Church has died.

You know I'm a friend of God and so I have a few understanding(s) of his confidentiality. If you read the book 'The Mandate' you will see the succession procedure of apostleship in this ministry. Open, it's in the hand of everybody.

When you are 70 as leader of this Church, you present 3 names to the Council of Priests for them to see if any of them is qualified by the Secretariat. If they are not qualified, throw it back to you, you have one more chance to make another presentation and after that, you are out of it. The Council takes it, the Board goes to rectify. It is a process, not that somebody dies and then we don't know what to do.

You know what to do step by step, and this happens within 3 weeks. This takes place between 12 weeks. It is stated.

God is counting to determine where next to place you.

If church becomes your personal property, you have lost it, if it becomes a family property, it is dead.

Many charismatic churches die before their founder dies. Why? They own it, it is an enterprise to them, what cost Jesus his life.

A virtue man, who can find? But you know what it says, the just man walks in his integrity, his children are blessed after him.

Your children won't suffer after you!

Your children won't suffer after you!

This is so important. Don't call your sons and daughters to ministry, you may frustrate their destiny, don't.

You don't have to be in ministry to serve God. I have been a servant of God for how long. Since 76, I have been running crusade. Who is a servant of God? Someone who is serving God's interest. I have been running crusade, open air crusade since 1976. 1977 I spoke to someone everyday about Jesus. Who is a servant of God? Someone serving Gods interest.

Allow them to be positioned where they belong, you will have rest. Maybe one of them is a God ordained John D. Rockefeller of this generation, help him to fund the needs of humanity, rescue many who don't know the truth, to be free, to live, till they know the truth.

(Some people say) "All these churches who are growing, you know, they are just preaching blessing blessing."

Well done, you are preaching curses that is why your church is not growing.

How many men of my level of grace, by grace (are) on the street today? ...I am not there for the them to come to church, I am there for them to jump out of darkness to light and I will always tell them, be sure you go to church.

Go to a living church to keep the battery of your salvation charged so that your light can keep shining and darkness can leave you alone.

https://www.facebook.com/444807728996437/posts/2074835769326950/

109 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by thesicilian: 8:35am On Jun 12, 2020
No matter what they preach, it's usually a member of the family that will always take over at the end of the day.

101 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by HigherEd: 8:37am On Jun 12, 2020
thesicilian:
No matter what they preach, it's usually a member of the family that will always take over at the end of the day.
Tell me the one you know that gave it to their family member

198 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by seunlayi(m): 8:39am On Jun 12, 2020
One of Covid-19 lessons

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Righteousness89(m): 8:41am On Jun 12, 2020
Raw and Gospel Truth from God's Servant!

The Church is GOD'S Business and Property! HE is GOD ALMIGHTY and will Select whoever HE deems fit to lead His Flock!

Any Human effort or wayo to get appointed will always end the Ministry!

The Ministry could be operating physically but GOD has left!

The Ministry could be operating physically but is Dead!

123 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by petra1(m): 8:44am On Jun 12, 2020
thesicilian:

Nothing is wrong with that . It's an issue of loyalty to the vision . Aaron the high priest was moses elder brother .

Miriam the prophetess was moses elder sister

When Aaron died ,his son was chosen to be high priest. Because he was already serving with him .

But moses son was not serving with him . Rather joshua was serving moses. So Joshua took over from moses .

James jesus brother took over the from jesus.

It's an issue of loyalty. Its rather safe if if there is a willing heart to serve in the family than a stranger.

137 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Righteousness89(m): 8:51am On Jun 12, 2020
petra1:

Nothing is wrong with that . It's an issue of loyalty to the vision . Aaron the high priest was moses elder brother .

When Aaron died ,his son was chosen to be high priest. Because he was already serving with him .

But moses son was not serving with him . Rather joshua was serving moses. So Joshua took over from moses .

It's an issue of loyalty. Its rather safe if if there is a willing heart to serve in the family than a stranger.

Moses did not Choose Aaron! GOD ALMIGHTY Chose Aaron and His Generation to Serve!

Nobody took over from JESUS.

JESUS Christ Had his Disciples who he taught and sent out to carry out the work!

If there was anyone at all we should say JESUS appointed, it should be Peter!

But I won't use that word because The Whole 12 were appointed.

211 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by HigherEd: 8:54am On Jun 12, 2020
petra1:

Of a truth nothing is wrong with it. Joel Osteen father passed him a church of 90 people. Today, the Church has grown to 90,000 people. Now, if Joel passes the Church to his son, people are going to go gaga.

Question is, why are people not angry at a pastor who has 50 members and passes it to son but would open eye when the membership is large and the founder passes it on to his on.

Personally, I'm indifferent anyway. Anyone can carry it as long as God's interest are served foremost.

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by thesicilian: 9:12am On Jun 12, 2020
petra1:

I don't doubt this bro, loyalty and commitment should always come first. That is, where the selection process is purely based on 'merit'. But knowing how the Holy Spirit works, one would expect that sometimes a relatively 'unknown' member of the congregation, music group or ushering department etc would be chosen to lead the household of God, not necessarily a prominent family member or pastor. Remember that man looks at the outward appearance but God looks at the heart.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by CodeTemplar: 9:44am On Jun 12, 2020
OK. One thing I know is Adeboye wasnt related to the man he succeeded. I doubt the one succeeding him will be related to him by blood. ( maybe by the blood of Jesus sha )

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by petra1(m): 9:50am On Jun 12, 2020
thesicilian:

I don't doubt this bro, loyalty and commitment should always come first. That is, where the selection process is purely based on 'merit'. But knowing how the Holy Spirit works, one would expect that sometimes a relatively 'unknown' member of the congregation, music group or ushering department etc would be chosen to lead the household of God, not necessarily a prominent family member or pastor. Remember that man looks at the outward appearance but God looks at the heart.

If a God has chosen the usher , it will show in service , loyalty and in the grace upon the person. A good example is Pastor Adeboye . God didn’t choose the family member of Pa Akindayomi who was the Founder of Redeemed but rather he chose Adeboye who was serving Pa Akindayo

17 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by petra1(m): 9:52am On Jun 12, 2020
Righteousness89:

Moses did not Choose Aaron! GOD ALMIGHTY Chose Aaron.

No body took over from JESUS.

JESUS Christ Had his Disciples who he taught and sent out to carry out the work!

If there was anyone at all we should say JESUS appointed, it should be Peter!

But I won't use that word because The Whole 12 were appointed.

James took over leadership in the church in Jerusalem

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Righteousness89(m): 9:57am On Jun 12, 2020
petra1:

James took over leadership in the church in Jerusalem

He didn't take over JESUS! The Disciples were sent to various places to lead!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Missyajoke(f): 10:07am On Jun 12, 2020
Righteousness89:
Raw and Gospel Truth from God's Servant!

The Church is GOD'S Business and Property! HE is GOD ALMIGHTY and will Select whoever HE deems fit to lead His Flock!

Any Human effort or wayo to get appointed will always end the Ministry!

The Ministry could be operating physically but GOD has left!

The Ministry could be operating physically but is Dead!

You're always on point

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Righteousness89(m): 10:17am On Jun 12, 2020
Missyajoke:

You're always on point

Praise GOD My Sister...

It's The little Grace that GOD ALMIGHTY gives us.

Not by Power!

8 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:24am On Jun 12, 2020
petra1:

In those days, you had to belong to the Aaronic line. In other words, Chief priesthood was an inheritance just like general priesthood was an inheritance which God gave to the tribe of Levi.

So, don't mention Aaron as an example of why someone becomes a pastor and his sons and wife also suddenly and automatically become choices of succession.

It doesn't follow at all.

And that was why you couldn't make a case for why none of Moses's sons succeeded him.

Please, always endeavor to read your Bible well.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 11:01am On Jun 12, 2020
Hope E.A. Adeboye dey hear am o

All this ones na formality, na still im pikin go still take over

Who that pastor for up there, today no be Sunday o and here no be church shey you know?

But Oyedepo nothing bad if this our darling priest for Aba take over, so that e fil use the tithe money wey you te dey buy private jet, fix Aba roads wey Ikpeazu dn abandon.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by ODJ124(m): 11:01am On Jun 12, 2020
isoright..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by chinavs9ja(m): 11:01am On Jun 12, 2020
Nice settings...March on!

Check my signature for your business website
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by maberry(m): 11:02am On Jun 12, 2020
Till that time comes first
Make we never rush talk anything

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Slawormir: 11:02am On Jun 12, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:02am On Jun 12, 2020
No matter who they hand over the church to grin grin That person MUST continually pay financial dividends to it's original owners.

So are you saying if Oyedepo hands over to another pastor his kids will be hustling on the streets without financial dividends from Living Faith?

Abeg make I continue my Roman Catholic Church Biko. No be say we perfect but e get somethings wey we no dey hear here
grin

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by IpobAntidote: 11:02am On Jun 12, 2020
SCAMMER!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Balenciagaokey: 11:03am On Jun 12, 2020
angry
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by iCauseTrouble: 11:03am On Jun 12, 2020
Good one if they won't put politics and favoritism into the selection process
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by ecolime(m): 11:03am On Jun 12, 2020
God is counting every step you are taking. If you want to leave a church as an inheritance for your family, the Church has died.

True

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by martineverest(m): 11:03am On Jun 12, 2020
but his sons and sons-in-law are already stakeholders...who is he deceiving?

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by donphetus(m): 11:04am On Jun 12, 2020
This one na church matter
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Ubyy: 11:05am On Jun 12, 2020
“If church becomes your personal property, you have lost it, if it becomes a family property, it is dead” - Bishop Oyedepo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church by Topsic70: 11:06am On Jun 12, 2020
thesicilian:
Lolz.....so of all d epistle the Bishop made, this is all u could deduce? grin
Odinma

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"I Want To Marry A Rich Nigerian Man" - Black American Female Pastor Says / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife Arrive Benin City In Their Private Jet (Photos) / Ozubulu Anambra Catholic Church Killing Of Worshippers: Aftermath Video (Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.