Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

How To Install Windows On Free Dos Hp Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Install Windows On Free Dos Hp Laptop (38939 Views)

Install Windows On Your Apple Mac / I Need To Install Windows On My Macbook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Install Windows On Free Dos Hp Laptop by daremarvell: 5:47pm On Oct 01, 2015
I got a brand new Hp laptop but I discovered it's a free Dos. No window installed.
The pictures below are the onscreen display after powering it on. I already have a bootable window 10 OS on my flash drive. How do I go about it. Guru help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Install Windows On Free Dos Hp Laptop by Alvanify(m): 6:52pm On Oct 01, 2015
Restart the laptop when it goes off and on again press f2 and f10. one of the two f will take you to the. laptop BIOS, follow the instructions and find your way to the laptop boot sequence.
In the boot sequence set the USB or FDD as the first not DVD rom or Harddrive.

After you have done that,pessimistic enter then f10 to save the change you have made your computer will restart.

While it is restarting press f9 and f12 one of the f will take you to the boot piority, in the boot purity the USB or FDD you have set as first will highlight there click or select it and your laptop will reboot and either show you click any botton to boot from USB or F1 will show up click fi then you will see click any bottton to boot from USB.

Good luck.
Re: How To Install Windows On Free Dos Hp Laptop by daremarvell: 7:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
Alvanify:
Restart the laptop when it goes off and on again press f2 and f10. one of the two f will take you to the. laptop BIOS, follow the instructions and find your way to the laptop boot sequence.
In the boot sequence set the USB or FDD as the first not DVD rom or Harddrive.

After you have done that,pessimistic enter then f10 to save the change you have made your computer will restart.

While it is restarting press f9 and f12 one of the f will take you to the boot piority, in the boot purity the USB or FDD you have set as first will highlight there click or select it and your laptop will reboot and either show you click any botton to boot from USB or F1 will show up click fi then you will see click any bottton to boot from USB.
Thanks for sparing ur time to type this. I hav pressed both f2 and f10. It won't enter the bios set up. My question is what does the C:\> means

Good luck.
Thanks
Re: How To Install Windows On Free Dos Hp Laptop by Alvanify(m): 8:38pm On Oct 01, 2015
C:> mean that you are at the C directory on the doc operating system, type in the command that will take you to next step action if you are a Dos base person you will understand what i mean.

If it didn't didn't take you to the BIOS means you have not apply it correctly.
Re: How To Install Windows On Free Dos Hp Laptop by daremarvell: 10:03pm On Oct 01, 2015
Alvanify:
C:> mean that you are at the C directory on the doc operating system, type in the command that will take you to next step action if you are a Dos base person you will understand what i mean.

If it didn't didn't take you to the BIOS means you have not apply it correctly.
. You really kw this stuff oo. What should I type in to take me to the bios set up. I hav a bootable flash drive already
Re: How To Install Windows On Free Dos Hp Laptop by carlinks: 11:11pm On Oct 01, 2015
Just press CTRL + ALT + ESC or CTRL + ATL + DELETE and you follow the process.

I have done it before,
Re: How To Install Windows On Free Dos Hp Laptop by Alvanify(m): 11:36pm On Oct 01, 2015
There is no direct command navigating you to the BIOS except you follow the first steps i gave about or look for someone to do it for you.
Re: How To Install Windows On Free Dos Hp Laptop by daremarvell: 7:28am On Oct 02, 2015
Alvanify:
There is no direct command navigating you to the BIOS except you follow the first steps i gave about or look for someone to do it for you.
Thanks so much for your time
Re: How To Install Windows On Free Dos Hp Laptop by ayobami52(m): 9:54am On Oct 02, 2015
to get to bios step, shut the laptop down. after that, power it on again, while booting,press your f2..this will take you to the bios setup
Re: How To Install Windows On Free Dos Hp Laptop by Alvanify(m): 3:51pm On Oct 02, 2015
you are welcome
Re: How To Install Windows On Free Dos Hp Laptop by daremarvell: 5:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
Got it guys. Thanks all for your contribution. You are all highly appreciated and valued

1 Like

Re: How To Install Windows On Free Dos Hp Laptop by iamdayo(m): 1:40am On Oct 16, 2015
daremarvell:
Got it guys. Thanks all for your contribution. You are all highly appreciated and valued
Oga daremarvell pls I'm about to get myself a freedos laptop pls this is my number 08106777759 just send mee a WhatsApp message so I can learn how u got windows 8 on yours ,,,thanks

(1) (Reply)

Over 156 Useful Window Run Commands / How To Tell If You Are Ratted Or Keylogged Or Have A Random Virus / The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.