Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,002 members, 7,825,104 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! (39066 Views)

How To Take Screenshots Of Entire And Parts Of Your Computer Screen (windows) / How To Delete Data Permanently On A PC Or Laptop Before Selling Them / Palmtop Or Laptop Which One Is The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Kemjisuper(m): 12:56pm On Jan 22, 2008
Let's see the best Desktop or Laptop Screenshots on this forum.

Here's mine

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Ralvy(m): 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2008
ha ha . . . . All I can do is Laugh ma Frozen Butt off . . .

First: Ubuntu
Second: MicroJunk

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Ralvy(m): 8:13pm On Jan 22, 2008
I'll be back for yo mamas ass!

Also check this Thread!
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by lynxnoon(m): 1:56am On Jan 23, 2008
Abeg Ralvy , how do u guys do dat 3D stuff on ubuntu?
PS:
From ur 2nd screenshot i bet ur laptop or desktop is HP wink wink
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by paribus(m): 8:34am On Jan 23, 2008
Hope this doesn't turn out to be yet another MS bashing thread. While i'm no big fan of MS, 3D desktop extrusion doesn't exactly make a killer OS.  Whatever happened to function over form?  I love my plain ol' bland desktop anyday. No fancy pictures and all that stuffs - never had time for such.

Ralvy:

I'll be back for yo mamas ass!

Also check this Thread!

Quite unlike you !!!

I believe the thread author didn't mean my MS vs. your Linux desktops.
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by DualCore1: 2:19pm On Jan 23, 2008
Y'all should take a look at this

http://www.dotsis.com/mobile_phone/showthread.php?t=65051

and

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-102529.0.html

first link shows a desktop competition on a foreign forum which i am a member of and i do take part in those competitions.
second link shows when i tried to create something like it on nairaland, but it didn't work. i guess some things just can't work the right way in nigeria.
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 23, 2008
i formatted and reinstalled xp sp3 over the weekend. thanks to window blinds, you can't tell d diff!
i also found a cool app- rainmeter- which is responsible for the clock and winamp shortcut.
recent x is for quicjk access to recent documents
8 start for quick access to my apps etal.
object dock for easy access to system folders

you can see that i have a thing for black glass. . .

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 23, 2008
i'm also using quizo's qt tabbar, which gives you multitabbed windows, styler toolbar, which is similar to yz toolbar, but more stable, quizos qt breadcrumbs adress bar(beautiful app) thats my winamp skin.

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by DualCore1: 4:56pm On Jan 23, 2008
oyb, u have a nice looking desktop. i once used those tools, but now i prefer things simpler, i really need my pc resources now, those tools suck them. nice desktop.
Cheers
here's mine

P.S: i'm same person as sawyerrken, tht ID was banned for eternity (i guess)
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 23, 2008
thanks.

i got 2gb ram , 4mb l2 cache, 2ghz core 2 duo and a 256mb high end workstation class graphics card, so the apps dont slow me down.except quizo tabbar- which uses the .net framwork. i may end up switching over to directory opus. quizo was glacial under vista, but its not too slow under xp. takia
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by randa(m): 8:53pm On Jan 23, 2008
here is mine

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Kemjisuper(m): 10:31am On Jan 25, 2008
Nice going guys. I'm seeing some pretty baaaaad desktops from the likes of Oyb, Ralvy & Randa. Here's one from my Vista Home Edition Laptop

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Ralvy(m): 5:09pm On Jan 27, 2008
paribus:

Quite unlike you !!!
I believe the thread author didn't mean my MS vs. your Linux desktops.

It's amazing that people on the forum know me to an extent that they know what I can & cannot do or say.
Well , sorry paribus - I was just joking cool

@Poster:
Accept my apologies please, I didn't know Linux Screenshots are not allowed . . .Thats Fine, Let me post some Microjunk Screenshots. . .

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Ralvy(m): 5:16pm On Jan 27, 2008
My Name here is "Anonymous"

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by paribus(m): 8:37pm On Jan 27, 2008
Ralvy:

It's amazing that people on the forum know me to an extent that they know what I can & cannot do or say.
Well , sorry paribus - I was just joking cool

@Poster:
Accept my apologies please, I didn't know Linux Screenshots are not allowed . . .Thats Fine, Let me post some Microjunk Screenshots. . .

Hey Ralvy. I'm not taking it personal and definitely don't know you that much. Internet anonymity dictates that people's character are profiled by the posts or comments they make. From a personal perception there are serious and reasonable posters, not so serious ones and downright jokers on this forum. I was only going by your previous posts and comments in the computer section which personally I adjugded as purposeful, solution-centric and devoid of sheer braggado. My highlighting of that particular post was to emphasize what seems to be a u-turn from your norm. By no means do i intend to restrict you within the boundaries of 'reasonable' posts, that is strictly your prerogative. Feel free to take the liberty.

I don't wish to be misunderstood, the screenshots posted here are visually nice and I'm sure they serve their purpose for their respective creators. I am only trying to underline the essence of the thread as being to compare desktops screenshots regardless of the platforms under which they were created. I'm sure Linux users can definitely post their 'superior' desktops as much as they please without shovelling the 'linux is good, MS is evil' gospel down our throats. wink

The anonymous stuff - was that a subtle attempt at traffic generation for NCF. How can you be anonymous on a forum you moderate and possible own  smiley
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by bigrovar(m): 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2008
OK i decided to put in multiple entries , i dont think this thread should degenerate into a fan war btw windows and linux, so in the spirit of tolerance , must of my screen are a fusion of Ubuntu and Windows XP Since i Run both OSes on my ubuntu Lappy, XP thru Virtualization, so i get the best of both world , ok enough talk ,

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by anusule(m): 10:28pm On Jan 27, 2008
bigrovar has beta desktop screenshots
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Kemjisuper(m): 11:23am On Jan 28, 2008
Very nice submits by Bigrovar. undecided Pls let me remind that this forum is not for comparing specs and OS preferences, it's only to showcase desktop designs, arrangements and organization.

Here's another one from my office desktop.

Keep them coming! grin

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Ralvy(m): 11:33am On Jan 28, 2008
paribus:

Hey Ralvy. I'm not taking it personal and definitely don't know you that much. Internet anonymity dictates that people's character are profiled by the posts or comments they make. From a personal perception there are serious and reasonable posters, not so serious ones and downright jokers on this forum.

Aight Sir smiley . . . well understood . . .

paribus:

I was only going by your previous posts and comments in the computer section which personally I adjugded as purposeful, solution-centric and devoid of sheer braggado.

I wasn't trying to brag in anyway . . .
The Screenshots shown on this page are nothing to compared to what I've seen.
I still expect urs wink

paribus:

My highlighting of that particular post was to emphasize what seems to be a u-turn from your norm.

What exactly d'u know about me? [A break from the norm]
You clearly stated that "Internet anonymity dictates that people's character are profiled by the posts or comments they make"
I am hardly ever on the forum as I manage one which already takes most of my time, so I'm still curious to find out what you know about me or have u been stalking me? shocked cool

paribus:

By no means do i intend to restrict you within the boundaries of 'reasonable' posts, that is strictly your prerogative.

Dear Mr. Paribus . . . NO ONE on the Nairaland Forum has the right to . . .

paribus:

Feel free to take the liberty.

I Sure will . .  smiley cool

paribus:

I don't wish to be misunderstood, the screenshots posted here are visually nice and I'm sure they serve their purpose for their respective creators. I am only trying to underline the essence of the thread as being to compare desktops screenshots regardless of the platforms under which they were created.

Ryt . . . So why in God's name did you post this ?

paribus:

Quite unlike you !!!
[s]I believe the thread author didn't mean my MS vs. your Linux desktops[/s].

your Mixing things up man undecided

paribus:

I'm sure Linux users can definitely post their 'superior' desktops as much as they please without shovelling the 'linux is good, MS is evil' gospel down our throats. wink

No body has done or is doing so . . .
I use Windows XP, Vista too . . and The OSs are Okay! MS is Good.

The Following Screenshots are from Windows XP!

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by paribus(m): 12:08pm On Jan 28, 2008
@Ralvy

Let's not get too personal mate. Nobody's stalking you. We don't know each other from Adam beyond what we post here. Everyone post whatever they wish.
Enough said. Regards
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by bigrovar(m): 1:38pm On Jan 28, 2008
Hey some nice screenshot am seeing here, although most have crowded desktops, i hate that shit, anyway here are some of my other collections

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2250/2225994898_235ecc0c4b_d.jpg
[/img]
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Kemjisuper(m): 2:11pm On Jan 28, 2008
Nice desktops. I'll experiment the clean desktop concept too, though I like my programs and folders to be very easily accessed (I tend to forget some of the software I've installed).

Good job! Any others? wink
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 28, 2008
no obvious changes, i'm using a new styler skin tht blends with the window blinds folder background.

@ kemjisuper, there are two apps you can use as shortcuts to your programs/folders.

object dock and
8 start launcher.

i use objectdock mainly to access folders /objects (control panel lock workstation, drice c, flash, MMcard, nokia.its object dock on top of my screen. 8 start is in the corner.

i use 8 start to access my applications, ebooks and templates. 8 start may take a little time getting used to, but its way cool. after this, you can disable icons on the desktop. fastest way to do this is with regtoy, a cool registry tweaker.

thats my logon screen below.

@ bigbrovar, the cube desktop thingy, does it chop ram? cause it looks way cool. i have the app somewhere for windows( am considering installing it)

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by bigrovar(m): 3:15pm On Jan 28, 2008
am using just 350mb or ram out of the total 2gb i have on my system, but i don't know what the memory requirement on windows would be like,since windows run something that is quite different and might not be well intergrated into the windows shell because its a 3rd party app which is not supported by MS, However i have seen Cube on windows and it quite good, just not as seamless and smooth as it is on linux, but with time it improve, the guys working on the project are doing an awesome job, compiz on linux --- is very minimal on resources
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Kemjisuper(m): 8:59am On Jan 29, 2008
oyb:

no obvious changes, i'm using a new styler skin that blends with the window blinds folder background.

@ kemjisuper, there are two apps you can use as shortcuts to your programs/folders.

object dock and
8 start launcher.

i use objectdock mainly to access folders /objects (control panel lock workstation, drice c, flash, MMcard, nokia.its object dock on top of my screen. 8 start is in the corner.

i use 8 start to access my applications, ebooks and templates. 8 start may take a little time getting used to, but its way cool. after this, you can disable icons on the desktop. fastest way to do this is with regtoy, a cool registry tweaker.

Thanks for the tip. I actually thought of using my object dock to clean up my desktop icons.

Anyways, till then, here are some more of my screenshots

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Kemjisuper(m): 9:27am On Jan 29, 2008
My Sweetheart. The only lady lucky enough to grace my Laptop screen grin

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 29, 2008
i inverted ralvy's leaf smiley

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Kemjisuper(m): 11:49am On Jan 29, 2008
You inverted Ralvy's desktop leaf? lipsrsealed That's wow!

Hey, that docklet to the left of your desktop, is that the 8start? How can I get it? It looks very useful for organising icons on the desktop.
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2008
http://www.8start.com/

http://www.freewarefiles.com/downloads_counter.php?programid=17119

http://planetmirror.com/pub/freewarefiles/8startLauncher1.5setup.exe

as to the leaf, like ralvy, i was using vista b4 i got frustrated, formetted and reinstalled.before doing that, i lifted all the media i could from vista. if you open any image in paint, and go to the attributes menu, you can invert their colours.
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by DualCore1: 2:24pm On Jan 29, 2008
Kemjisuper:

My Sweetheart. The only lady lucky enough to grace my Laptop screen grin

The only lady? which? i see two ladies there. shocked
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Kemjisuper(m): 5:11pm On Jan 29, 2008
@Dual Core
Oops! shocked Didn't notice that. But can't you see she's not a lady? No lady would be posing nude for camera shots! (Jessica Alba)

@Oyb
Thanks for the 8Start link. I'll start the download when I have a good connection for it. Thanks wink
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Kemjisuper(m): 9:02am On Feb 04, 2008
Come on guys, moooorrrreee!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do I Disable Or Bypass My ISP Firewall? / Watch Tv On Your Pc And Phone For Free / 100 keyboard shortcuts and The A - Z Of All Microsoft Shortcuts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.