Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,618 members, 7,827,316 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) (64698 Views)

Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer / See The State Of PHCN Pole In Ojodu, Lagos (Photos) / Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by kinah(f): 8:15pm On Oct 01, 2015
Op did u just came back frm mars? This has been happening for yrs. Since most tenants/ landlord ain't around that will save them frm meeting disconnected wire.

1 Like

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 01, 2015
grin
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by refreshrate: 8:19pm On Oct 01, 2015
Stanlyag:
It doesn't just rain but it pours in calabar. Landlord doesn't want to keep photocopying stuff.

About the pouring I totally agree with you. Was there like 2years ago. Was stuck in the hotel most of the time. Rain in calabar is something else. Funny thing is I don't think it floods the place! I mean it stops raining after several hours and the roads are just wet. Or was it just the area I stayed?
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by bashydemy(m): 8:19pm On Oct 01, 2015
Have been using this in my house since 2010, though my Ex wife do it though as am not always around.
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by Phunmibi: 8:19pm On Oct 01, 2015
Nothing special and this is not in anyway funny

Shiorr!
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by bigtt76(f): 8:23pm On Oct 01, 2015
Classic lol. Wonder wen DISCOs will start thinking of going full Prepaid using smart cards instead of this archaic method.

codedpee:
While walking down a street just beside CRUTECH, calabar, I spotted these funny displays. When I got closer, I discovered that the bottle was used to house a PHCN bill payment slip. It was funny, but then I found myself wondering: is this how we now roll?

1 Like

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by Alexander001(m): 8:24pm On Oct 01, 2015
same Calabar wey I neva see light since Saturday.
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by Faraidi(m): 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2015
codedpee:
While walking down a street just beside CRUTECH, calabar, I spotted these funny displays. When I got closer, I discovered that the bottle was used to house a PHCN bill payment slip. It was funny, but then I found myself wondering: is this how we now roll?

Not only calabar.The same method is being used by the same people in Ijanikin at Lagos
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by engrkaz(m): 8:33pm On Oct 01, 2015
yubarbs:
nawao.....Op this ain't a new thing na, are u a learner? FP BTW.
I tire ooo...Na so e be for my house too joor...

1 Like

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 01, 2015
omusiliyu:
Its a normal thing in government residential area.
Don't mind him
I don't know how this got to FRONT PAGE

1 Like

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by MabraO: 8:36pm On Oct 01, 2015
codedpee:

This has been in existence for a very long time now. So no biggy
Who knows if that's not ur house sef

1 Like

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by franklin007(m): 8:39pm On Oct 01, 2015
That's how they use to do it in my area.
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by harry509: 8:41pm On Oct 01, 2015
codedpee:

well it is nt dat 4uni sha, I guess they did it bcus of rain fall. U kw dis period is rainy season.... *SMH*
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by keandre: 8:49pm On Oct 01, 2015
Na village OP teleport from? This thang has been in existence since the slave ships...

1 Like

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:51pm On Oct 01, 2015
ihatebuhari:
are u ok huh?
wrong question!
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by Godyke(m): 8:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
According to the OP, the question is, is this how we roll? Which aslo means, is this how and where our civilization have landed us even in this 21st century?

We need to adopt a more civilize method of doing things than doing it the old usual ways.

We cannot expect to experience change when we decide to do things the same old and antiquated ways and still expect to be relevant in the face of advancement.

What happen with he PHCN officials arming themselves with the list or database of customers that are yet to pay up their bills after a particular deadline given, rather than demanding to see physical paper. There is nothing normal in abnormalcy.

We dont need to put our bills in plastic bottles just to proove our innocence. It does not make any sense. It is an eyesore and does not tell any good of our system.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by sunsewa: 9:02pm On Oct 01, 2015
that's the way it is also been done here in Rivers State.
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by superstar3: 9:05pm On Oct 01, 2015
MARKone:

Bros rain and sun done dey damage Nepa bills wey dey exposed tey tey. Putting PHCN bills inside plastic bottles, don dey tey tey also, this is a way of protecting the bills and PHCN official no go dey disturb you, by banging at your gate and asking for your bill, that is for the courteous ones though. So it is not how they roll now, it is how the roll tey tey.

Exactly, this has been in practice for long even in Lagos.
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by Adesiji77: 9:10pm On Oct 01, 2015
codedpee:

This is very common...been seeing it around for ages. Protects the bill from elements.

1 Like

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by olowookerekemi(f): 9:13pm On Oct 01, 2015
1.its done if d owner of d aouse or people living der r nt usally arnd in d day.2.its done so dat rain wont wash it away.3.its done so dat dey wont disconnect der lite
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by doncent12(m): 9:17pm On Oct 01, 2015
See this guy o...This is what we do in our house. It's been like that since I know anytin. Lagos.
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by islandmoon: 9:17pm On Oct 01, 2015
that's normal thing in PH
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by onetoone: 9:27pm On Oct 01, 2015
The reason for this is DAT phcn cut the light of many houses during the day when people are at work,with this method they can check if the house is owing or not even if nobody is at home,this method is common in many state including boundaries town between Ogun and Lagos state
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by happney65: 9:42pm On Oct 01, 2015
If i see am i go take am go use clean my yansh when i shit.. grin
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 01, 2015
ihatebuhari:
Lol

Thank God for western world

God bless Europe
come babe! Which of the two yansh I saw on ur DP is yours.
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by kenoz(m): 9:50pm On Oct 01, 2015
grin Naija people will never cease to amaze person
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 01, 2015
Phunmibi:
Nothing special and this is not in anyway funny

Shiorr!
hey! U went to UNAD?
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by kayor62: 9:57pm On Oct 01, 2015
codedpee:

This is not funny at all, common everywhere.

1 Like

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by lonelydora: 10:12pm On Oct 01, 2015
codedpee:

So in other words... This is how we roll now.

A big Yes. Even in my house, that's how I roll.
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by DonXavi(m): 10:42pm On Oct 01, 2015
I was surprised to see this when I travelled to Nigeria. When I first saw it I thought it was a kind of Juju thing till it was explained to me
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 01, 2015
codedpee:

I understand ur point of view. I also believe u live in calabar. With d number of insane beings here don't u think it's rather too risky of a job to leave ur valuables outside... for am sure it's quite easy for a mad person to retrieve d entire bottle with impunity. There should b a better way, bro
I c notn wrong wit it, most times these phcn guys diconnect ones power despite nt meeting anyone @ d residence.so if its an apartment whr any1 is hardly around during d day dt these guys mostly come around,then its safe 2 leave a photocopy of ur evidence of payment whr rain nor sun wld destroy it rather dan come home @ nyt after d days stressful job only 2 find ur apartmt disconnectd

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adorable Photos Of 2 Young Boys Dressed Up As GEJ & Buhari. / 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? / Would You Marry A Man Or Woman With Tattoos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.